2012-2013 University of Texas - San Antonio Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members don't see this ad :)
Everything on TMDSAS is complete except my letters of recommendation. Is it worth submitting before those are received, or will UTSA wait to review until they are in?

TMDSAS finished! One my good friends from undergrad got into UTHSCSA this past cycle. Anybody have experience with the secondary?

Everything on TMDSAS is complete except my letters of recommendation. Is it worth submitting before those are received, or will UTSA wait to review until they are in?

If you're sure there aren't any errors, might as well go ahead and submit. Some schools can review your app and extend an interview before they receive the letters. If you expect your letters to reach within the next 2-3 weeks, I'd go ahead and submit because you can't send in your check until you hit submit. It'll also speed up the process once they do get your letters.

If you're sure there aren't any errors, might as well go ahead and submit. Some schools can review your app and extend an interview before they receive the letters. If you expect your letters to reach within the next 2-3 weeks, I'd go ahead and submit because you can't send in your check until you hit submit. It'll also speed up the process once they do get your letters.

I will submit it. Thank you for the reply.

Last year none of the Texas schools even downloaded applications from the TMDSAS server until the first week of July. Since validating transcripts is the time consuming part I'd say don't wait to submit it

anyone received confirmation email from this school yet? several school had send me confirmation emails (tech el paso, utmb, utsw, tamu, tech hsc, tcom).

Last year I submitted TMDSAS on May 20 and got a confirmation email on June 23. So as long as they're sticking to the same general timetable I assume you should hear from them in the next week or so.

Has anyone received a confirmation email yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Not yet...do the majority of the schools send them?

still havent got confirm from uth and utsa here

Got one too...
App transmitted on 6/8

Confirmation finally! The email says that interviews begin August 6? That must mean invites will be coming out soon.

No confirmation? App transmitted 5/15

Received confirmation email 5 minutes ago. They say that interviews start on Aug 6th, so first invites should go out quite soon.

Tranmitted 5/23 and also no confirmation so idk how they are ordering their emails.

Good call, just received it at 4:15. Must just be the way they are ordering them.

Got mine too! Here's to hoping they show an Oklahoman some OOS love (provided they're not Spurs fans :p)

Still no dice, I have some buddies transmitted way later than me get conf today. Anyone have a last name further in the alphabet than S? We are wondering if they may have alphabetized their apps, everyone I know who got it was early in the alphabet

My friend got a confirmation email today and his last name starts with a "T."

I submitted the first week of May and my name starts with an "S", and I haven't received anything. I'm sure it's fine and that we will eventually receive something.

Still no dice, I have some buddies transmitted way later than me get conf today. Anyone have a last name further in the alphabet than S? We are wondering if they may have alphabetized their apps, everyone I know who got it was early in the alphabet

My name starts with an E and got confirmation today. So I can't say for sure that this validates your alphabet theory. No idea how it goes. But I submitted very early (like May 14 or so).

Maybe they're doing this based on the first letter of your mother's maiden name?

Maybe they're doing this based on the first letter of your mother's maiden name?

Wouldn't surprise me.

But for real I know G,G,D,M that got one and another S and P who didn't so along with the rest of you last name seems to be reasonably solid. Also I submitted a week to a month ahead of the 4 I said received them so obviously not submission date.

Just got my confirmation email. My app was transmitted to schools on 6/1

Received confirmation I was transmitted 5/23

just got confirmation...transmitted 5/25

I recieved my confirmation today, transmitted 6/8.

To me it would be logical to assume that a number of reviewers get their share of applications and each confirms at their own pace.

got confirmed today , transmitted on 5/18.

anyone know when invites go out? i tried calling the school and i keep getting the answering machine

They started sending em out mid-July last year, so hopefully some of us will hear within the next week or two!

If interviews start on the 6th of August as stated in the confirmation email, they can't delay too much longer. I bet that the first round will be called in tomorrow. It would be nice, right before the week-end. :D

If interviews start on the 6th of August as stated in the confirmation email, they can't delay too much longer. I bet that the first round will be called in tomorrow. It would be nice, right before the week-end. :D

This is exactly what I am thinking.. Plus A&M should be coming out soon according to last years timeline!

Would be a great way to start the weekend eh? :luck::xf:

I bet that the first round will be called in tomorrow. It would be nice, right before the week-end. :D

Well thank god, I didn't have to bet my hand! The week is ending and no news (from UTSA or TA&M). Well may Monday bring better fortune.

^^ Maybe they might send out interview invites during the weekend? Maybe through some sort of auto-email service?

That would be great, although I doubt it. We will see.

Sent with SDN mobile. Excuse brevity and misspellings.

I went through the application cycle in a haze. for some reason i've lost my enthusiasm. But since i got my first confirmation e-mail from UTHSCSA i've gotten exited. now i keep checking my e-mail every few hours!

Has anybody received an interview invite yet??? They said in the email interviews start August 6th, so I'm not sure what's going on here. What about people with full time jobs that are out of school? I need at least a 3 week notice to take off, but I guess I'll explain the situation to them if I luckily get an interview. My best friend is moving here, so I'm very excited for this school.

Has anybody received an interview invite yet??? They said in the email interviews start August 6th, so I'm not sure what's going on here. What about people with full time jobs that are out of school? I need at least a 3 week notice to take off, but I guess I'll explain the situation to them if I luckily get an interview. My best friend is moving here, so I'm very excited for this school.

Haven't heard of anyone getting an invite here yet. But I agree with the first interview being only three weeks away I would assume it is about that time any day now. :xf:

Haven't heard of anyone getting an invite here yet. But I agree with the first interview being only three weeks away I would assume it is about that time any day now. :xf:
Nothing on my end as well. I am feeling the same. I think the notice is getting shorter and quite frankly it may create a few issues to set up the trip :scared:. I'd rather have the issues than not, yet I think that if interviews are scheduled for the 6th, the invites should come any day now.

Here's patiently hoping. Good luck to all.

Transmitted by TMDSAS 7/5, still waiting on confirmation. Good luck guys! Anyone know anything about the probation that this school was put under? Does anyone know if it'll affect anything? Thanks!

Anyone know anything about the probation that this school was put under? Does anyone know if it'll affect anything? Thanks!

I am no expert, but I wouldn't read to much into it. The reasons that led to the probation were deemed quite superficial, even in comparison to what happened to George Wash Univ not so long ago. I know last year that a Puertorican med school lost its accrediation though (San Juan Batista)
But UTSA is part of the UT system. I would very surprised if they were to lose their accrediation. I don't think it ever happened in the history of US Med Education to have an US (continental) Med School lose accreditation. So I think there is nothing to worry about.

Thanks for the reply redoitall! That reassures me a little now. Thanks and good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.