2012-2013 University of Texas - San Antonio Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Coyote where did you submit/ when were you complete? and any other interviews?

Members don't see this ad.

TMDSAS late may, complete at UTSA 7/10, only interview

Members don't see this ad :)
Agreed, definitely a roller-coaster. I was confirmed on July 11th so I was hoping to get something either today or Monday. As a San Antonio resident I'm really hoping I get something from them...
Dude why were we confirmed on July 11th, when almost everyone else was confirmed on July 10th.

My TMDSAS app was submitted on 5/14/12, and was transmitted to schools on 5/18/12. Some of these people who got interviews, were confirmed at UT-San Antonio on 7/10/12 (I was confirmed on 7/11), but they had submitted their apps AFTER my app was TRANSMITTED to schools. Are they confirming apps alphabetically by last name or something.

I know that it is only a difference of one day, (7/10 vs. 7/11) but still...lol I want to interview here before I have to head back to school (I don't want to keep flying back to Texas from D.C. when I could easily drive to San Antonio now).

Just got the e-mail from UTSA confirming that they received my application. Mine was transmitted 6/28.

Dude why were we confirmed on July 11th, when almost everyone else was confirmed on July 10th.

My TMDSAS app was submitted on 5/14/12, and was transmitted to schools on 5/18/12. Some of these people who got interviews, were confirmed at UT-San Antonio on 7/10/12 (I was confirmed on 7/11), but they had submitted their apps AFTER my app was TRANSMITTED to schools. Are they confirming apps alphabetically by last name or something.

I know that it is only a difference of one day, (7/10 vs. 7/11) but still...lol I want to interview here before I have to head back to school (I don't want to keep flying back to Texas from D.C. when I could easily drive to San Antonio now).

I have no idea actually, I was trying to figure that out as well back at that time. No one could figure out the reasoning behind their confirmations. Oh well

For those that got the interview invite yesterday, what dates can you pick other than 8/6? I'm trying to set up my work schedule 3-4 weeks ahead.

For those who got an invite, where is the info about staying with a current med student and the evening social the day before the interview? The site says those info are in the links at the right, but I'm having trouble finding them

I'm confused by that too, I just checked all of the links on the right side for the interview page and didn't see anything. Maybe they haven't add those sections yet? I'm interested in staying with a student host.

Would a 5:35PM flight out of San Antonio after my interview be insane? The day ends at 4, and it says it's only 7 miles from the airport. No later flights than this going back home.

535 would be really tight but possibly do-able. Traffic on 410, the road to the airport, can get bad but it shouldn't take you more than a half hour (as long as you leave at 4! You don't want to get stuck around the school) and SAT's security line tends to move pretty quick. If the flight is southwest, I'd say you're ok since the have such a short boarding time.

Would a 5:35PM flight out of San Antonio after my interview be insane? The day ends at 4, and it says it's only 7 miles from the airport. No later flights than this going back home.

If it's like last year (seems like it will be based on the schedule they sent you) then you will actually be done and free to leave by 3:30. The "mixer" is nothing more than meeting in the foyer between the lecture halls, chitchatting, and eating cookies. It's completely optional.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey do any of you guys know anything about staying with a current med student? There was no information on the website, but I would love to stay with a student if I have the opportunity. My interview is on 8/6 if that works!

I got my interview offer yesterday at 11 in the morning. I scheduled it for august 6th and I also could not find any information about staying with a student or the social the night before. I imagine that these things will appear on there within the next few days. I am from Texas A&M and I know a few people that are down there now for medical school. But I am a 27Q and a 3.47 overall with a 3.40 science GPA so numbers definitely do not mean anything. I definitely didn't feel like I had much shot at interviews but I got one for first rounds and I am only 22 and this is my first time applying. Keep in mind that the interview process is very long and it will be hard to keep patient because you will have friends interviewing everywhere and then you will know people that haven't interviewed anywhere. First round interviews are great but if you interview in October that is still great. Getting an interview cuts you down from a pool of 6 or 7 thousand down to about 900. So for those of you that have not heard anything yet and have great numbers do not think anything of it because it is still very early on. In Texas some schools are just really behind like UT Houston and some are really far ahead like UTMB and TCOM. I haven't received confirmation from either Tech school yet even though I have from all the others. I also did not receive confirmation from A&M but I know they have all my stuff in because I checked on the secondary website. For those wondering on A&M they interview those for PPC first and Tech interviews those for early admissions and MD/MBA. Sorry for the long paragraph but the point is to just try your best to stay patient. It is a long process and whether you interview now or in October makes no difference an interview is an interview and your application is always being reviewed. Hope this helps and if you can stay with a student because its a great opportunity to get information from someone who has been through it before. Good Luck and I will see some of You in SA on August the 6th!

I got my interview offer yesterday at 11 in the morning. I scheduled it for august 6th and I also could not find any information about staying with a student or the social the night before. I imagine that these things will appear on there within the next few days. I am from Texas A&M and I know a few people that are down there now for medical school. But I am a 27Q and a 3.47 overall with a 3.40 science GPA so numbers definitely do not mean anything. I definitely didn't feel like I had much shot at interviews but I got one for first rounds and I am only 22 and this is my first time applying. Keep in mind that the interview process is very long and it will be hard to keep patient because you will have friends interviewing everywhere and then you will know people that haven't interviewed anywhere. First round interviews are great but if you interview in October that is still great. Getting an interview cuts you down from a pool of 6 or 7 thousand down to about 900. So for those of you that have not heard anything yet and have great numbers do not think anything of it because it is still very early on. In Texas some schools are just really behind like UT Houston and some are really far ahead like UTMB and TCOM. I haven't received confirmation from either Tech school yet even though I have from all the others. I also did not receive confirmation from A&M but I know they have all my stuff in because I checked on the secondary website. For those wondering on A&M they interview those for PPC first and Tech interviews those for early admissions and MD/MBA. Sorry for the long paragraph but the point is to just try your best to stay patient. It is a long process and whether you interview now or in October makes no difference an interview is an interview and your application is always being reviewed. Hope this helps and if you can stay with a student because its a great opportunity to get information from someone who has been through it before. Good Luck and I will see some of You in SA on August the 6th!

Wish I could "like" this! Hopefully people will benefit from your encouraging words. Gig 'Em!

For those wondering on A&M they interview those for PPC first and Tech interviews those for early admissions and MD/MBA.

Hi, thank you for the info. Now, what do you mean by "PPC". Excuse my ignorance. Are you talking about Primary care?

Again thanks for the encouraging words.

No worries, PPC is Partnership for Primary Care. It is a program where kids from small towns Apply for the program upon entry to college. If they complete undergrad with a GPA of 3.5 and have met all requirements for medical school them A&M guarenteed them admission to the medical school. I knew 4 guys from A&M that were in it and will be in the class of 2016. They interview those people first. They still have to do well in the interview but they are guarenteed admittance and do not take the MCAT.

I submitted my application 6/29, but I still haven't received a confirmation email from UTSAHSC. Should I be worried/email/call?

Thanks

I submitted my application 6/29, but I still haven't received a confirmation email from UTSAHSC. Should I be worried/email/call?

Thanks

Relax. Interview season hasn't even started yet, and only one or two rounds of invites have gone out. They'll be interviewing well into December, and maybe even into January. The only thing calling/e-mailing will do is annoy them and slow them down.

Does anyone know much about this? UTHSCSA is a school I've been interested in attending for quite some time. My sister did her first four undergrad med school years here and was very successful applying to residency programs. It seemed like a lot of her classmates did pretty well on match day, but now I've heard rumors that after the school was put on probation, fourth years from this current year (class of '12) have been losing their residencies before even beginning. Has anyone else heard anything?

Does anyone know much about this? UTHSCSA is a school I've been interested in attending for quite some time. My sister did her first four undergrad med school years here and was very successful applying to residency programs. It seemed like a lot of her classmates did pretty well on match day, but now I've heard rumors that after the school was put on probation, fourth years from this current year (class of '12) have been losing their residencies before even beginning. Has anyone else heard anything?

I already addressed this the best I could on the top of the previous page of this thread.

Thanks... It's just I know someone who has already been invited for an interview and we submitted our applications about the same time. Though it seems not all of these schools are responding in chronological order.

If anyone interviewing August 6th is interested, I am getting there August 5th and staying at a hotel like a mile away from the school, but if anyone would like to get dinner or something the night before then just post back and we can figure something out.

If anyone interviewing August 6th is interested, I am getting there August 5th and staying at a hotel like a mile away from the school, but if anyone would like to get dinner or something the night before then just post back and we can figure something out.

Same here, would be fun to get a small group together

This goes for anybody that has not recieved a confirmation email....being that i had transmitted since the end of may, i went ahead and emailed Dr. Jones if everything was ok with my app. This was his response:

"We have a new electronic system that has to "dump" data, which it is slow to do."

This goes for anybody that has not recieved a confirmation email....being that i had transmitted since the end of may, i went ahead and emailed Dr. Jones if everything was ok with my app. This was his response:

"We have a new electronic system that has to "dump" data, which it is slow to do."

Too bad I received a confirmation, otherwise I would dare to hope. No love from UTSA yet :confused:. Thanks for the info tho...

Sent with SDN mobile. Excuse brevity and misspellings.

Anyone receive an II lately? I received the confirmation email on 7/20 but haven't heard anything since then.

Just received an interview!! :love: UTHSCSA is definitely one of my top choices since it is my hometown. I was confirmed on 7/11

II here as well. OOS with the application received email 7/20. First interview and super stoked!

Does anyone know what time the day starts? I have a newborn at home and am trying to coordinate getting to San Antonio the morning of the interview from Los Angeles, but I'm thinking this might not be possible, especially if the day starts early, like 8:00ish?

What date did you guys get an II for?

8/20, in-state, staying with family

urrrrghghgiahgidah, make that 8/27, I just tried to schedule it and 8/20 was blocked out now. I wonder if I could email admissions and ask if 8/20 has any spots

Last edited:
Guess I just got passed up for not only the First and second rounds of interviews but also the third....confirmed on 7/11....FML

Guess I just got passed up for not only the First and second rounds of interviews but also the third....confirmed on 7/11....FML

Not alone there. Confirmed 7/10, nothing on my end as well.

Same here. I got the confirmation on 7/20... IS, 34, 3.95.

Last edited:

Not alone there. Confirmed 7/10, nothing on my end as well.

The interview process can be pretty strange. I interviewed at every Texas school I applied to except for UTHSCSA. I had a friend with similar stats who didn't even get an interview invite here until late October (transmitted in July).

Got an interview invite this afternoon.
OOS, 3.89, 34T.
TMDSAS submitted 6/3, transmitted 6/18, receipt confirmed by UTSA 7/10, invite today 8/1. Registered for the 9/17 interview. Cool beans! I love San Antonio so I'm stoked. :)

Got an interview invite this afternoon.
OOS, 3.89, 34T.
TMDSAS submitted 6/3, transmitted 6/18, receipt confirmed by UTSA 7/10, invite today 8/1. Registered for the 9/17 interview. Cool beans! I love San Antonio so I'm stoked. :)
Hi Flemmingan
Congrats. So you were confirmed on July 10th and you just received the interview? Well perhaps some of us can still hope, as I received the same confirmation but no invite yet. I think my numbers (IS, 36P, sGPA=uGPA=4, cGPA = 3.69) are not the issue, but more something else in the app like a very non-trad profile... Well finger crossed. We'll see.
In the meantime enjoy. Boy, I would love to interview there...

^^^^Dude repart013 was confirmed on the 11th like me but he still got an invite before people confirmed on 7/10. I am thinking that UT San Antonio is still not done goin thru all the apps yet that we're confirmed on 7/10 and 7/11. However I am starting to lose hope....

Last edited:
^^^^Dude repart013 was confirmed on the 11th like me but he still got an invite before people confirmed on 7/10. I am thinking that UT San Antonio is still not done goin thru all the apps yet that we're confirmed on 7/10 and 7/11. However I am starting to lose hope....

I got confirmed the 11th and still nothing. I've truthfully given up on trying to figure all of this out now lol. At the end of the day, what the adcoms do is something in which we cannot predict! All we can do is hope for the best and be patient. I've noticed that only a couple of people within the 28-31 range have received invites so if any of you are in that category hang tight! Best of luck to all :)

Received an II from UT San Antonio at 6:45 PM tonight... What a nice surprise! I got the confirmation email on July 20th and just registered for the 9/24 interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.