2013-2014 Cooper Medical School Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone hear any news recently about waitlist movement/fullness of the class?

Not a peep. Was thinking of giving Dr. Dayton a call for an update.

Members don't see this ad.

How safe is Cooper medical school and its surrounding area? I'm applying here, but staying safe is a concern of mine.

Hey Guys, Goodluck with the waitlist!!!

I'm applying this upcoming cycle to schools, but i wanted to know if applying to Rowan Cooper would in any way affect applying to Rowan Osteopathic, I heard they have the same coordinator? Has anyone here applied to both?

Members don't see this ad :)

I'm applying this upcoming cycle to schools, but i wanted to know if applying to Rowan Cooper would in any way affect applying to Rowan Osteopathic, I heard they have the same coordinator? Has anyone here applied to both?
No it won't. Both schools have completely separate administration, application process, etc.

I applied to both and didn't have any problems with either application process. You are all good, apply away.

How safe is Cooper medical school and its surrounding area? I'm applying here, but staying safe is a concern of mine.

They have told new students that you do not go out at night in Camden. With that they did say that their security is very helpful in finding you safe ways to get home.

Reactions: 1 user
Received WL rejection today. I am devastated to say the least. I was really hoping a spot would open up for me.

I am so, so sorry to hear this. I was really rooting for you. :(

Received WL rejection today. I am devastated to say the least. I was really hoping a spot would open up for me.

Did you receive an email rejection or a call? I am waitlisted here and I did not get rejected yet. FB group is still at 67. Should I still be waiting for a response or is the class full and, perhaps, some people simply don't have a facebook?

Did you receive an email rejection or a call? I am waitlisted here and I did not get rejected yet. FB group is still at 67. Should I still be waiting for a response or is the class full and, perhaps, some people simply don't have a facebook?

I received it via email. I have a friend who also received one as well. If you did not receive one, then it is entirely possible they are holding on to you as a "just in case" someone drops.

I received it via email. I have a friend who also received one as well. If you did not receive one, then it is entirely possible they are holding on to you as a "just in case" someone drops.
First, let me say that I am so sorry to read the bad news. I wish you all the success in the world in gaining admittance to a medical school, should you re-apply in the next cycle. If you don't mind sharing, did Dr. Dayton give you any indication of the class size to date? I am currently on the priority waitlist, and I'm not sure if it's too much to hope that a spot opens up for me.

She did not. The FB page is the best indicator and it is at 67 out of 72. Looks like they are waiting to hear from 5 people. Good luck to you!

Just gave up my spot! Hope it means great news for a poster here...