You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Emory University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Wishing you success wherever you choose, @Schroedingers_Admission!Alternate here as well, but I'll be withdrawing. Good luck to everyone who is waiting!
Declined alternate list today.
Good luck to all of you!
Good luck to all of you!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Declined alternate list as well.
Declined alternate list. Good luck to all.
@brokem, luck and good schooling to you as well.Withdrew my application today. Good luck to everyone on the alternate list.
Is there a way to confirm that Emory has received our final transcripts?
I'm pretty sure that we aren't ranked internally. All of the deans, module directors, etc. seemed to emphasize that there are NO internal rankings pretty heavily at orientation from what I remember, and even if we are ranked, it certainly doesn't show.I know that Emory is P/F, but is it a true P/F as in they don't have internal rankings? Thanks for the help!
If accepted off the waitlist are we still eligible for need based scholarships or grants?
Any Waitlist movement?
Any movement?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any movement?
Not that I've heard of 🙁.
Does anyone remember from interview day how they communicate wait-list acceptances?
They said in the waitlist email that it would be June-ish before we hear. I don't know though. I'm beginning to lose faith.
I hope not. I've gotten off of 2 wait lists in the last week yet I'm holding out for Emory.
Any Emory med students here to drop in?
Hey! I'm a student at Duke, but I'm actually currently in GA at Emory doing an amazing summer clinical program
I was accepted a while ago,
But being here makes me question if Duke was the best choice,
I love my school,
But if I cld start over, I'd start at Emory med
Congrats on getting off 2 wait lists! 🙂 I am wait listed at 6... currently 0/6.. haha. All of those wait lists have finished moving...Emory is my last hope
I am waitlisted at 5 and currently 0/5 as well. How do you know that the wait lists are done moving? I am certainly an optimist and very skeptical of what people report on here to a large extent. Have you received letters from the schools saying movement is over? Otherwise, don't lose hope. Because if you do than I have to lol! Look just last week our friend Paperbackwriter1356 got off two! We are both bound to get off of at least one of the lists. Be proud and happy to have 6! That is a huge accomplishment!
Thank you guys! I hope your lists move too! Good luck!
I haven't heard anything about Emory's being finished.. Have you?
I haven't heard anything about Emory's being finished.. Have you?
The Emory list usually moves by now (looking at the trend from the past 3 years..). So unless this year is the first year they are doing something different I have a weird feeling the class is full (that's what my friends who go there have told me). I don't know why they would wait so long before pulling people from the wait list, but who knows. I'm still keeping my hopes up...
The letter said they would not pull until June - maybe that is the case this year.
The letter said they would not pull until June - maybe that is the case this year.
The Emory list usually moves by now (looking at the trend from the past 3 years..). So unless this year is the first year they are doing something different I have a weird feeling the class is full (that's what my friends who go there have told me). I don't know why they would wait so long before pulling people from the wait list, but who knows. I'm still keeping my hopes up...
The letter said they would not pull until June - maybe that is the case this year.
It definitely is strange. Perhaps the list has moved and no one has posted. People have withdrawn from Emory I know
I called and they said the class is full...
They didn't mention it.
It looks like Wash U is still quite active, as is Emory.
Looks like movement is happening at Emory!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh my............. Anyone got a call?
Nothing here 🙁
Thanks for the information! It's so disheartening at times to keep waiting.
I emailed the school and while there was movement earlier, the class is currently full. It won't be set until July 20th but she didn't sound too promising about movement.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K