You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 University of Oklahoma Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
OU II just now. Interview dates are 10/26 and 10/27. Leaning towards 10/26. Any thoughts or advice?
Congrats to all of the IIs so far! Let me know if there is anything I can do for you guys. The Sunday interviews are becoming very popular since people don't have to miss classes/work for the interview. So those will fill up fast, especially with the OOS applicants.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OU II just now. Interview dates are 10/26 and 10/27. Leaning towards 10/26. Any thoughts or advice?
I interviewed on a Sunday and I would recommend it just in terms of it being nice not having to miss class/work/etc. If you can't get in Sunday, you will not be at a disadvantage interviewing later; everybody who interviews before the first batch of acceptances is handed out is reviewed as one big cohort.
Thanks very much for your insight.I interviewed on a Sunday and I would recommend it just in terms of it being nice not having to miss class/work/etc. If you can't get in Sunday, you will not be at a disadvantage interviewing later; everybody who interviews before the first batch of acceptances is handed out is reviewed as one big cohort.
Does anyone know if it will negatively effect my chances if I have 2 C's on my transcript...gpa is 3.78 I made a 30 on the MCAT....also I scored 15 in VR, 8 in BS and 7...will that gap matter? Really need advice....thanks!!I got interviewed with one of the last groups and will be an MS1 this fall. I had a 29 MCAT also, but had a 3.8 GPA and strong ties. Your GPA will be closely toeing the line for an interview - if you don't have strong ties, I wouldn't expect to get past the secondary.
EDIT: Figured it was implied but would go ahead and say that I was OOS also.
I need advice...I am IS have a 3.78 GPA, made a 30 on MCAT...15 VR, 8BS and 7...I also have 2 C's on my transcript....what are my odds?Congrats to all of the IIs so far! Let me know if there is anything I can do for you guys. The Sunday interviews are becoming very popular since people don't have to miss classes/work for the interview. So those will fill up fast, especially with the OOS applicants.
How was your MCAT score and GPA? Why do you think you haven't gotten in yet??Yes it seems to typically be in that neighborhood. I interviewed the last 2 years, with last year's invite coming on 9/26 and the year before that I was invited on 10/4.
How was your MCAT score and GPA? Why do you think you haven't gotten in yet??
32 and 3.79, and I did get in the 2nd time lol I'm an MS1. Also, yes I know people who got similar stats and had 2-3 C's who got in so it can definitely be done.
Thank you!32 and 3.79, and I did get in the 2nd time lol I'm an MS1. Also, yes I know people who got similar stats and had 2-3 C's who got in so it can definitely be done.
I need advice...I am IS have a 3.78 GPA, made a 30 on MCAT...15 VR, 8BS and 7...I also have 2 C's on my transcript....what are my odds?
Sorry I didn't answer you sooner! Those stats should be fine to get you an interview. It will likely also depend on you PS and ECs. There are several MS 1s who have C's in all sorts of classes, so that shouldn't be a problem. Good luck!
I cannot remember the specific youtube video, but I remember watching a panel like discussion where a member of a medical school selection committee or something like that said having a 7 as a sub score on the mcat was a red flag. He was not a member of OU's selection committee, but the same principle may be used during OU's selection process. All in all, make sure to have a well thought out answer to any questions about the wide range in sub scores on your mcat.I need advice...I am IS have a 3.78 GPA, made a 30 on MCAT...15 VR, 8BS and 7...I also have 2 C's on my transcript....what are my odds?
I am a MS1 at OU.
Last edited:
Thank youSorry I didn't answer you sooner! Those stats should be fine to get you an interview. It will likely also depend on you PS and ECs. There are several MS 1s who have C's in all sorts of classes, so that shouldn't be a problem. Good luck!
Thank you!I cannot remember the specific youtube video, but I remember watching a panel like discussion where a member of a medical school selection committee or something like that said having a 7 as a sub score on the mcat was a red flag. He was not a member of OU's selection committee, but the same principle may be used during OU's selection process. All in all, make sure to have a well thought out answer to any questions about the wide range in sub scores on your mcat.
I am a MS1 at OU.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Z
zfergus1
Does anyone know when the rejection letters/emails are sent if some one wasn't even considered for an interview?
I deferred this past year and will attending next fall. I submitted my secondary in late August last year and was not notified for an interview until late October, so I would not lost hope just yet.
When did you interview?I deferred this past year and will attending next fall. I submitted my secondary in late August last year and was not notified for an interview until late October, so I would not lost hope just yet.
So I'm trying to schedule my interview and I'm having trouble filling out the prereq form. Adobe won't let me save the filled out form... anybody else struggling with this?
Any OOS II?
When do the first acceptances usually go out for OU Med?
December 18th last year. They only do one big group of acceptances in the fall semester, then another in early February. It's a long wait if you interview in October lol!
Has anybody scheduled a II for the SCM track?
I didn't have any issues with it, but you could always print it out, fill it out by hand, and then scan in it in if you're really having problems.So I'm trying to schedule my interview and I'm having trouble filling out the prereq form. Adobe won't let me save the filled out form... anybody else struggling with this?
I applied for SCM and scheduled the interview for the same day as my regular interview, as I understand it's pretty short.Has anybody scheduled a II for the SCM track?
Oh I probably should have done that as well, but I wanted to choose the earliest date possible. Although I now realize they won't consider me for acceptance until I've completed both interviews. I got overly excited. 
Do you mind sharing your GPA and MCAT?I didn't have any issues with it, but you could always print it out, fill it out by hand, and then scan in it in if you're really having problems.
I applied for SCM and scheduled the interview for the same day as my regular interview, as I understand it's pretty short.
This is a little late to post, but II received on 10/15/14 for 11/17/14. IS, 30 MCAT, 3.77cGPA, 3.7 sGPA. Full-time LPN in ER/Full-Time Student.
This is a little late to post, but II received on 10/15/14 for 11/17/14. IS, 30 MCAT, 3.77cGPA, 3.7 sGPA. Full-time LPN in ER/Full-Time Student.
Congratulations on the II! I'll be there that day too! 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you! Look forward to the interview. My name is Josh. Are you a current med student or are you interviewing as well?Congratulations on the II! I'll be there that day too! 🙂
I wish I were already a med student! I'm just interviewing.Thank you! Look forward to the interview. My name is Josh. Are you a current med student or are you interviewing as well?
That's monkey-crushing it. Godspeed. I believe you will do well in the interview.I got one today.
OOS, 3.9cGPA 3.85sGPA and 33MCAT.
Z
zfergus1
When did you interview?
Sorry for the very late reply. I interviewed in mid November.
Z
zfergus1
Although there was a winter storm and we had to wait a few extra hours for the SCM interviews, they were pretty short and low key. It lasted for maybe half an hour and was more of a Q&A after I explained why I was interested in the program.I didn't have any issues with it, but you could always print it out, fill it out by hand, and then scan in it in if you're really having problems.
I applied for SCM and scheduled the interview for the same day as my regular interview, as I understand it's pretty short.
I attended the Monday interview session. Began at 8am. 30 interviewees broken into 3 groups. First group interviewed at 9am. Second and third groups toured until their interviews. I was in the second group. Interview consisted of 2 parts, first blind and second open file. You stepped out of room for a few minutes between closed and open file and then returned. My interview was rather relaxed. No ACA questions, although I did have an Ebola question. Some people were asked about their favorite movie, I did not receive this one. I left the interview feeling very positive and that I had communicated everything I wanted to the committee. Following interviews we all had lunch and then were dismissed around noon. That's it, short and sweet interview day.Would love if anyone who did the interview this week could share how the day went!
That's monkey-crushing it. Godspeed. I believe you will do well in the interview.
Haha I hope "monkey-crushing" is a good thing? I've never heard that phrase before!
I first heard it from a 'meathead' I knew a number of years ago. It is considered to be a good thing, as in you didn't just crush it, but you really crushed it. Anyway, feel free to adopt the expression if you would like.Haha I hope "monkey-crushing" is a good thing? I've never heard that phrase before!
Good luck all you OOSers. I'm still waiting patiently (though I submitted my secondary in July O_O). cGPA 3.0, sGPA 3.6, MCAT 32, grad GPA 3.9. I lived in Oklahoma for 14 years--HS alum and Norman alum. I left to get a fresh perspective on life and to grab a Master's Degree in Neuro. I'd really like to come home for med school though. lol. They keep interviewing into the new year, right?
I got my II today for 11/24/14!
Last edited:
What is the SCM track?Has anybody scheduled a II for the SCM track?
Congrats! IS or OOS? When were you complete?I got my II today for 11/24/14!
SCM track = School Of Community Medicine track, which is located in Tulsa rather than OKC. If you applied to it through the secondary track you probably got invited to the SCM interview as well- it's a separate interview from the OU Medical School interview.
What is the SCM track?
IS and Oct 15Congrats! IS or OOS? When were you complete?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
IS and Oct 15
Mind sharing your stats?
.
Last edited:
?
oh, this is agonizing....
oh, this is agonizing....
Which part?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K