General Admissions & OTCAS 2015-2016 stats/interview/rejections

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Me too. A nice Xmas present. Congrats!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Congratulations!! Pitt is still sending out decisions today? I guess I have reason to compulsively check my email today after all. :p
Set up your email to your phone so you have less to obsess about, it helps a lot! Is Pitt your top choice?

Set up your email to your phone so you have less to obsess about, it helps a lot! Is Pitt your top choice?

That's a good idea! I'm trying to wait until I hear back from a couple more schools to choose my definitive top choice, but it's definitely up there!

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted an interview at Ohio State yesterday for January 30th!

Congratulations!! Pitt is still sending out decisions today? I guess I have reason to compulsively check my email today after all. :p
Yes! I got mine at 10:55 am :) so excited. I love pittsburgh it is where I did my undegrad. Best of luck... maybe we will be classmates!!!

So excited to find this thread!

University: Saint Leo University
Major: Psychology
Overall GPA: 3.63 (otcas) 3.98 last 60 credits
Pre-Req GPA: around 3.7-3.8
GRE: 146 V 149 Q 4.0 AW

Volunteer: over 100 hours in various sites (snf, ese classrooms with OT, peds facility, hospital rehab)
Work experience: rehabilitation technician at hospital and sensory-motor cognitive coach at Brain Balance.

Applied: FGCU, nova mot, nova otd, Saint Augustine, Barry, Adventist, Brenau, university of Alabama at Birmingham, west coast university.

Acceptances:n/a

Rejections:n/a

Interviews:Brenau 1/22, Nova OTD 1/27, Nova 1/5 (video)

Last edited:
Thought we could start a new thread just for this cycle

University: Dakota Wesleyan University
Major:psychology with an Allied Health Minor
Overall GPA: 3.8
Pre-Req GPA: Depends on the school
internships: pre-OT internship at neurological clinic and Children's Home Society

Acceptances: Creighton University

Rejections: N/A

Waitlist: Washington University

Interviews: Midwestern in Arizona, Creighton

University: FAMU
Major: Pre-Occupational Therapy
Overall GPA: 3.25
Otcas GPA : 3.24
Pre-Req GPA: 3.2
GRE: 154V 147Q 3.5 AW
Volunteer : 51 hours (Peds, SNF)
Extra-Curricular : Captain and Member of D1 Softball Team, Social Media Chair of Women of Standard, Events Committee Chair Student Athlete Committee (100+community service hours) , Meals on wheels volunteer, Fed the Homeless, Volunteered at church.
Certifications : CPR Certified

Applied : Nova Southeastern MOT, UF , FIU , FAMU, Alabama State, Howard U.

Acceptances: Howard, FAMU, FIU

Rejections: ASU, UF, NOVA

Interviews: Howard

Just submitted my application 12/23 has anyone heard back from any of these schools yet ?

Last edited:
University: FAMU
Major: Pre-Occupational Therapy
Overall GPA: 3.25
Otcas GPA : 3.21
Pre-Req GPA: 3.2
GRE: 154V 147Q 3.5 AW

Applied : Nova Southeastern MOT, UF , FIU , FAMU, Alabama State, Howard U.

Acceptances: N/A

Rejections: N//A

Interviews: N/a

Just submitted my application 12/23 has anyone heard back from any of these schools yet ?
I haven't. But for Howard did u take a cadaver lab?

No I didn't. Just regular anatomy
Okay. That's all I took too but was a little worried when I saw it said 4credits... I think I'm gonna call them to check... Though at this point I don't think I'm willing to take anymore classes. lol

University: UCSD
Major: General Biology (B.S.) and Psychology (B.A.)
Overall GPA: 3.31 (OTCAS)
Pre-Req GPA: ~3.8-3.9 (depending on school)
GRE: V: 165 Q: 159 A: 5

Observation: 250+ hours Outpatient Peds Clinic, 50+ hours Outpatient & Inpatient Stroke Clinic, ~10 hours Hand Therapy

Applied: CSU Dominguez Hills, SJSU, Samuel Merritt University, University of St. Augustine (San Marcos), University of New England, University of Wisconsin - Madison, MGH IHP, Boston University, University of Washington, University of Puget Sound

Interviews: University of New England (11/13), Samuel Merritt University (11/05), MGH IHP (02/05)

Rejections: CSU Dominguez Hills

Acceptances: University of New England
Just out of curiosity, when did you hear about an interview from MGH?

Just out of curiosity, when did you hear about an interview from MGH?

I received an email on Dec 22nd and had until January 15th to RSVP. They promptly went on winter break after that Haha. I sent my RSVP and got an automated message back. They'll probably send out more interview invites after January 15th.

Members don't see this ad :)
University: Montclair State University
Major: Psychology
Overall GPA: 3.35
Last 60: 3.7
Prereq GPA: 3.7-4.0 depending on school
GRE: V:151, Q:151, 4.0 W

Observation: 165 hours in 3 settings (peds, geriatrics, inpatient/outpatient hospital)
Volunteer: Over 1500 hours with church

Applied: Misericordia U, University of New England, Philadelphia U, Salus U, Sacred Heart U, and University of the Sciences.

Interviews: Misericordia (11/7) and UNE (11/13)

Acceptances: Misericordia! (11/13, dated 11/10), University of New England! (11/30)

Rejections:

Will most likely be attending UNE this summer :D
Hey Julia! I am applying to Misericordia. Do you by any chance know if they accept Physics and Physics Lab online? And congrats on your acceptances!

Hey Julia! I am applying to Misericordia. Do you by any chance know if they accept Physics and Physics Lab online? And congrats on your acceptances!
Hi! I am not entirely sure about online, it's probably best if you email Gwen about that (she was really helpful with all of my questions). For most schools though they accept online science classes, but the lab needs to be in person.

Okay. That's all I took too but was a little worried when I saw it said 4credits... I think I'm gonna call them to check... Though at this point I don't think I'm willing to take anymore classes. lol
Did you send your official transcripts to the school or just the ones from otcas?

University: University of Pittsburgh
Major: Psychology, Minor: Sociology
Overall GPA: 3.48
Otcas GPA : 3.45
Pre-Req GPA: 3.6
GRE: 154V 154Q 4.0 AW
Volunteer : 70 hours skilled nursing and rehabilitation facility, 30 hrs children's hospital, 40 hours volunteering in TICU at UPMC Montefiore
Extra-Curricular : University of Pittsburgh Crew Team, Summer Swim Team Coach, Sister of Theta Phi Alpha, Pitt Program Council, Care Attendant at UPMC, Manager at Student Union, Anatomy and Physiology Cadaver Lab TA
Certifications : CPR, AED, First Aid, Lifeguard

Applied : University of Pittsburgh, Thomas Jefferson, WashU, Temple

Acceptances: University of Pittsburgh

Rejections: WashU

Interviews: Thomas Jefferson

Does anyone know when UPitt will be getting back to everyone? I applied in October and haven't heard anything :(

University: University of North Georgia
Major: Psychology Minor: Gerontology
Overall GPA: 3.5
Pre-Req GPA: not sure, depends on school
GRE: 152V 150Q 5.0W (taking again in Nov)

Shadowing: About 80 hours total but have 60 in progress: hippo therapy, pediatrics, hand therapy
Volunteer/work experience: Camp Twin Lakes summer staff (camp for kids with special needs), ABA line therapist, Youth Minister, Nanny for child with autism, mission trips to Africa and Nicaragua, Special Olympics, church nursery volunteer, summer nanny.

Applying: Belmont University, University of North Carolina, Medical University of South Carolina, University of Florida, University of Southern California, Boston University, MGH, Colorado state, U of Toledo, Brenau, NYU, Columbia.

Acceptances: n/a

Rejections: n/a

Interviews: Belmont (deferred) , MGH, & Brenau
Just received an invitation for an interview with Brenau for next weekend!

Have anyone applied to Georgie Regents University OT program and heard anything back or know when they will be mailing out decisions?

Have anyone applied to Georgie Regents University OT program and heard anything back or know when they will be mailing out decisions?
I interviewed back in December and they told me it would be about a month before they made a decision. I still haven't heard anything. I have friends who were accepted before the holidays though.

Hello all! I have a few interviews coming up and I was wondering what people wore to theirs?
I know this is a minor detail in comparison to the actual interview questions, but I'm just curious. Suit? Business Casual? Scrubs? hahah I'm clueless!

I interviewed back in December and they told me it would be about a month before they made a decision. I still haven't heard anything. I have friends who were accepted before the holidays though.

That's discouraging... I know one person who got in like 2 weeks after their interview in late October. I also interviewed in October and I'm still waiting. I guess they are waiting until after all interviews to send out rejection/ wait list letters. Sounds like they already sent out acceptances. there are probably only a few spots left...if any.

Last edited:
Has anyone heard back from Indiana State University, Pacific, or University of Wisconsin? Have not heard back from any of these schools yet and am curious if other people are having the same problem!

Has anyone heard back from Indiana State University, Pacific, or University of Wisconsin? Have not heard back from any of these schools yet and am curious if other people are having the same problem!
I haven't heard back from pacific but it looks like other people have. I applied in early October so I'm assuming it's not a good thing if I haven't heard back :(

I heard back from Pacific a week ago, looking at what people have said from previous years, it looks like they have two interview sessions, one in February and one in March.

Hello all! I have a few interviews coming up and I was wondering what people wore to theirs?
I know this is a minor detail in comparison to the actual interview questions, but I'm just curious. Suit? Business Casual? Scrubs? hahah I'm clueless!
I've seen both suites and business casual. I think it's whatever you're more comfortable in (but not casual Haha). It also depends on the weather where you're going. a full blown suite in 80 degrees might not be too comfy...

I haven't heard back from Indiana State either. I've been trying to communicate with them and haven't heard back. I applied way back in September, but then they changed their admissions deadline to Feb 1 so I really don't know when we will hear!

Hey everybody! Has anybody heard back from D'Youville College, Winston- Salem State University or Howard University?

Hey everybody! Has anybody heard back from D'Youville College, Winston- Salem State University or Howard University?
Still waiting to hear from Howard. Please post if you hear anything. I'll do the same :)

I spoke to Julie from D'youville in September and she said decisions should be going out in February.

I spoke to Julie from D'youville in September and she said decisions should be going out in February.
Thank you ! I called yesterday and they said end of January beginning of February so I'm guessing we should know by the end of next week . Eek! So excited I'm hoping I get in as this is my number choice. Good luck !

Have not yet heard from Howard or Winston Salem. Hopefully it will be soon!!

I applied to both D'Youville and Winston-Salem! They are the last two that I haven't heard from yet. I'm starting to get nervous. This is my second year applying and I am starting to panic. You close to either one of those schools? I can't say I know much about wither program, but Buffalo is only 2 hours north of me. Not sure I could do the winters though!

I have two interviews in mid-February. Actually, they are three days apart in completely different states and far from home. I have to be in TN on Friday and IN on Monday and I live in PA hahah. Oh the things we have to go through for this! Anyone interviewing at Milligan College or Huntington University?

I applied to both D'Youville and Winston-Salem! They are the last two that I haven't heard from yet. I'm starting to get nervous. This is my second year applying and I am starting to panic. You close to either one of those schools? I can't say I know much about wither program, but Buffalo is only 2 hours north of me. Not sure I could do the winters though!

I have two interviews in mid-February. Actually, they are three days apart in completely different states and far from home. I have to be in TN on Friday and IN on Monday and I live in PA hahah. Oh the things we have to go through for this! Anyone interviewing at Milligan College or Huntington University?
Good luck with your interviews I wanted to apply to Milligan College but I didn't do so well on the GRE . And I saw that was a big factor . I live in South Carolina and my manager is an alumni from WSSU OT program. She loved it . I also know the location is affordable to live in for broke college students lol. I'm pretty much going wherever accepts me . I know a student in the D'Youville program who loves it . Although it will be a different environment for me , I'm positive I could handle it . I just have to buy a nice winter jacket . I think we can't go wrong with either one of these schools as I've heard great things about both . Please let me know when you hear back and I will do the same :)

We'll hear back from WSSU between late February and early March

Reactions: 1 users
Hey did you send Howard your transcript separately or just with otcas?
Hey I just did OTCAS for transcript . The only thing I did separately was the supplemental fee and application. I hope they received it . WSSU sent me an email saying they received mine but Howard didn't . Did they email you saying they got your supplemental fee?

Good luck with your interviews I wanted to apply to Milligan College but I didn't do so well on the GRE . And I saw that was a big factor . I live in South Carolina and my manager is an alumni from WSSU OT program. She loved it . I also know the location is affordable to live in for broke college students lol. I'm pretty much going wherever accepts me . I know a student in the D'Youville program who loves it . Although it will be a different environment for me , I'm positive I could handle it . I just have to buy a nice winter jacket . I think we can't go wrong with either one of these schools as I've heard great things about both . Please let me know when you hear back and I will do the same :)
It's so exciting knowing someone is applying to the same programs! I have my fingers crossed for both of us! My tats are pretty average, so I was nervous applying to schools that don't interview. I've put so much time, money, and effort into this process. I don't know what I'll do if I don't get in this time around. I'm honestly prepared to go anywhere that takes me. I'd just prefer it was a move south and not north

Hey I just did OTCAS for transcript . The only thing I did separately was the supplemental fee and application. I hope they received it . WSSU sent me an email saying they received mine but Howard didn't . Did they email you saying they got your supplemental fee?
Okay just was getting clarification on that cause that's what I did and if they say otherwise I'm going to tell them that wasn't on the website. lol and no they didn't call or email. So i hope they received it. From everything I've seen about the school for other posters they said the first batch started hearing back in february and the 2nd in March so we should be hearing something soon hopefully!

I haven't heard back from Indiana State either. I've been trying to communicate with them and haven't heard back. I applied way back in September, but then they changed their admissions deadline to Feb 1 so I really don't know when we will hear!
If you hear back from them about how long it should be until we hear about admission decisions you should let me know!

Has anyone applied to Puget Sound's program? I submitted my application in November and haven't heard a thing from them. The only confirmation I've received is from my bank account where I can see that the check for the supplemental fee was deposited. Any ideas on a timeline for UPS?

Has anyone applied to Puget Sound's program? I submitted my application in November and haven't heard a thing from them. The only confirmation I've received is from my bank account where I can see that the check for the supplemental fee was deposited. Any ideas on a timeline for UPS?
I applied to Puget Sound and got an email toward the end of November reminding me to send in all of the supplemental materials if I had not done so already. I believe they usually give out decisions around mid-February. Good luck!