2015-2016 University of Kentucky Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats echidna001, well of course that is a good sign! I just got interview to be scheduled too!! I don't know how long we'll have to wait but at least we know we will get an II. Hope the formal email isn't too late though because UK interviews fill up lightning fast.

Congratulations to you as well! I think it's pretty early and am sure we'll be emailed in time to schedule at a reasonable date (considering SDN is generally a bit overzealous/neurotic and we're the first people to post about this). Your screen name is epic by the way!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I got mine updated to "interviews to be scheduled" as well. Congrats to everyone and I look forward to meeting some of you all come interview day! Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
II! Super excited about this school!

Members don't see this ad :)
Received an II but the link isn't working for me...is this happening with anyone else?

Do you get status changes on the portal? Mine says File Complete. Is there anything after that?

Yes this happened to me too, you need to click on the link at the top that says "RE:" and not the link that is embedded in the text.

II today, interviewing 9/8. Anyone else sign up for this date?

Members don't see this ad :)
Any OOS received an II yet?
I'm OOS and my status is still at complete, but I didn't turn my secondary in until 7/20 so I'm hoping I haven't heard anything because they haven't gotten to me yet!

OOS but w/ really strong ties to Kentucky - just went from "complete" to "sent for screening" so naturally I'll be neurotically checking my email until I hear back.

Status to Interview(s) to be scheduled! So excited!

For those of you who've received II's - do you know how long it takes for them to send you the email after your status changed? I'm so worried all the slots will be filled already!

For those of you who've received II's - do you know how long it takes for them to send you the email after your status changed? I'm so worried all the slots will be filled already!
Congrats!!! It took me about 2 days to get the formal email to schedule. And don't worry there is still plenty of spots left in October & November. I think as long as you get interviewed before January you're good :)

+1

OOS just recieved II today, so thankful to God :)

OOS II
Those interviews get snatched up quickly, though. Had my eyes on September 19th...Came back 30 minutes later to actually sign up and the earliest date was October 27th. Pretty pumped though!

OOS II
Those interviews get snatched up quickly, though. Had my eyes on September 19th...Came back 30 minutes later to actually sign up and the earliest date was October 27th. Pretty pumped though!

Dear God that fill-up rate is horrifying

I'm OOS and my status got updated to "sent for screening" today sooo fingers crossed for some good news!

Reactions: 1 users
I'm a (very) OOS too, "sent for screening" today. Hopefully I get an II like the rest of you fine folks. LizzyM ~70, currently in a grad program.

@eastergrab , yes, it's quite fast, but keep in mind that UKCOM only interviews two days per week!

Status went from Sent to Screening and is now Screening Hold. Gah.

Welp, got an email. Hold for further comparison with other OOS applicants.

+1 OOS Screening Hold

Does anyone know if UK sends rejections this early or does a screening hold pretty much mean a very small chance for II?

Got that "Interview to be Scheduled" status this morning y'all!

Has anyone gotten the "Interview to be Scheduled" and hasn't gotten an interview? #stressed

Hey guys! I'm in-state and just started looking at this thread yesterday and geez was it a wake up call lol! How bad do you all think it is that I haven't submitted my secondary yet? I'm thinking it will be in today though :)

Btw I'm applying to the RPLP and am super pumped about their program!!

I got this today:

"The Admissions Committee of the University of Kentucky College of Medicine recently reviewed your application for admission. After careful consideration, the Committee has decided to defer a final decision on your application pending further comparison with other out of state applicants."

Not sure if this is good or bad...

I got this today:

"The Admissions Committee of the University of Kentucky College of Medicine recently reviewed your application for admission. After careful consideration, the Committee has decided to defer a final decision on your application pending further comparison with other out of state applicants."

Not sure if this is good or bad...

I'm not sure but I think OOS interview seats are filling up... don't take my word for it but that's just my hunch

OOS II today (after about a week on the "interview to be scheduled" status) and interviewing 10/27!!! :soexcited:

OOS II today! 9/1
If anyone from Utah area has an interview that day and knows how to get there for cheap or wants to carpool, hit me up!

OOS II today! 9/1
If anyone from Utah area has an interview that day and knows how to get there for cheap or wants to carpool, hit me up!
I'm an M1,and also from Utah. When I went it was way cheaper to fly into Louisville then rent a car for the ~1 hr. 15 min. drive to Lexington. Check on flights into Cincinnati as well. Might be similar. For me Louisville was best though.

Just curious, does anyone know if UK has any sort of host program for interviews?

Just got an email saying that there are open interview spots on Aug 25. Will interviewing one week earlier make much of a difference in terms of likelihood of acceptance?

Any tips on the interview itself? Saw that it was 2 one-on-one interviews, and a discussion (what is this?)

Just got an email saying that there are open interview spots on Aug 25. Will interviewing one week earlier make much of a difference in terms of likelihood of acceptance?

Any tips on the interview itself? Saw that it was 2 one-on-one interviews, and a discussion (what is this?)
It probably won't make much difference this early on in the cycle. When I interviewed, it was just the two one on one interviews and they were both very conversational. They asked some questions, but I did not feel like I was being drilled or anything. As far as the discussion part, that may just be referring to the information they give you throughout the day, such as financial aid and general info about the school and program.

is anyone thinking of sitting on a weekday first year class prior to interview ?

How long did it take you all to move from File Complete to Sent for Screening?

I am finally getting to this secondary. I know...I'm a little late on this one. I am trying to figure out what to write for the OOS Student Essay. I feel like most of the questions are already addressed in my primary and other parts of my app.

How much did you guys write for it? Did you guys focus more on why Kentucky and personal ties to the state?