2015-2016 University of Kentucky Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My status has been on "Interview to be Scheduled" since 9/2. Any idea how they take until they let you schedule?

Members don't see this ad.

My status has been on "Interview to be Scheduled" since 9/2. Any idea how they take until they let you schedule?
The admissions office is in the middle of moving premises, so there may be a bit of a delay for anyone waiting to hear from them this week. In the past, it has taken a few days for people to get the official invite, but I wouldn't worry about it taking a little longer right now due to the move. Congratulations on your interview invite!

Reactions: 1 user
Finally got the email! Interviewing on 1/12. That shouldn't be too late in this year's cycle I hope.

Members don't see this ad :)
1/16, 1/26, 1/30, 2/9, and 2/13 are all the ones that are left.
Those may be the only ones you can sign up for right now, but I'm fairly certain they interview until mid-march.

Also, I don't know if I mentioned it already on this year's thread or last year's, but while it's true the class is typically "full" by the end of the year/early January, the waitlist tends to have good movement. I know several people in my class who interviewed on some of the last dates and they obviously got in. Moral of the story: don't give up hope if you interview in February and don't feel bad if you get wait listed. It ain't over till the fat lady sings :)

Reactions: 2 users
I got my call a couple hours ago. I am officially part of UK's Class of 2020. Words cannot explain my excitement. Good luck everyone! I'm excited to see what my class looks like.

Reactions: 11 users
I got my call a couple hours ago. I am officially part of UK's Class of 2020. Words cannot explain my excitement. Good luck everyone! I'm excited to see what my class looks like.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I interviewed on the same day as you except regular decision, and October 15th cannot come soon enough haha

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
1/12 I think you will be interviewing for a wait list spot.

@SJPO223 CONGRATS!!!!! One BIG step closer to becoming a doctor!

I suppose it's time to join in on the discussion. My portal status changed to "Interview(s) To Be Scheduled" earlier today. I'm just waiting for the official email. Also, I'm an in-state applicant.

Just finished my secondary application. Omg... that took soooo long. Btw, OOS

Interviewing on Tuesday 12/15

Last edited:
II OOS, Canadian applicant!!! Interviewing 2/13. Completed 9/15. Great news, but was really not expecting all the early interviews to be full:/
Anyone heard of any miracle stories of Jan/Feb interviewers getting accepted?

II OOS, Canadian applicant!!! Interviewing 2/13. Completed 9/15. Great news, but was really not expecting all the early interviews to be full:/
Anyone heard of any miracle stories of Jan/Feb interviewers getting accepted?
About 75% of interviewers get accepted. Lots of those who will get accepted early on will decide to go to other schools, so they over-compensate. Don't stress.

About 75% of interviewers get accepted. Lots of those who will get accepted early on will decide to go to other schools, so they over-compensate. Don't stress.

Just curious where this statistic came from. I've got a late interview date as well, but was wondering what the source was. I haven't been able to find any numbers on how many offers UK gives out. Going off of their MSAR data though, 75% of 477 people interviewed would be 358 acceptances. That means that 222 people (46%) turn down their acceptance? Just seems a little high to me.

Just curious where this statistic came from. I've got a late interview date as well, but was wondering what the source was. I haven't been able to find any numbers on how many offers UK gives out. Going off of their MSAR data though, 75% of 477 people interviewed would be 358 acceptances. That means that 222 people (46%) turn down their acceptance? Just seems a little high to me.
From what I've heard, most schools offer 2-3 acceptances per matriculant so....take that as you will.

US News Report gives data regarding number of acceptances and number interviewed (whereas MSAR only gives matriculants and number interviewed). It was the only reason I paid for the US News subscription the year I applied. Acceptances per number interviewed seems like more useful information when trying to figure out post-interview chances of acceptance in my opinion.

Any OOS here that has gotten an interview yet? I just got an email saying my application was reviewed but is now on hold for further comparison with other OOS applicants :( I don't know if that's because my application is bad or if they just don't have enough seats. 3.84cgpa, 3.86sgpa, 509 MCAT

Very sad... :(

Any OOS here that has gotten an interview yet? I just got an email saying my application was reviewed but is now on hold for further comparison with other OOS applicants :( I don't know if that's because my application is bad or if they just don't have enough seats. 3.84cgpa, 3.86sgpa, 509 MCAT

Same here since 8/13. Still on hold.

Wow that's quite a long time and February interview seats are already filling up. Should we even have hope?

Crossing my fingers because I don't mind muscle cramps, but not holding my breath because I like oxygen. Ha.

Crossing my fingers because I don't mind muscle cramps, but not holding my breath because I like oxygen. Ha.

LOL I haven't heard that one before.. but I like it and might have to steal it! It's along the same lines as all bleeding stops.. eventually. Completely unrelated but I see you're from Vegas.. I'm heading there for some nice R&R in a couple days

LOL I haven't heard that one before.. but I like it and might have to steal it! It's along the same lines as all bleeding stops.. eventually. Completely unrelated but I see you're from Vegas.. I'm heading there for some nice R&R in a couple days

:D Great place for that! It's finally starting to come down from a hundred and hot-as-hell so it'll be nice. Check out the new giant Ferris wheel on the strip (the High Roller); it has a great view.

:D Great place for that! It's finally starting to come down from a hundred and hot-as-hell so it'll be nice. Check out the new giant Ferris wheel on the strip (the High Roller); it has a great view.

I usually go a couple times a year.. so I saw the High Roller back in December. They made us take so many statistics courses for my MPH, had to put them to use somehow!

OMG! I just got out from an exam and received an interview!!! Only Feb and Mar. available.

Every year there's always a couple of people who drop their interview seats in Oct, Nov, Dec after they got in somewhere. When they drop it, you can pick that spot if you are fast enough. So keep your eyes peeled!!!!

I'm OOS (North Carolina) and I have an interview on 10/27. They offered this way back at the beginning of August (8/11)

LizzyM ~67 for reference

Does anyone know how to get off OOS hold or when I can expect to hear back about my decision? I hate this, it's like being sentenced to eternal waiting...

I'm OOS (North Carolina) and I have an interview on 10/27. They offered this way back at the beginning of August (8/11)

LizzyM ~67 for reference

And congrats on interview!

Idk what's wrong with my app? I live in a bordering state and it's closer to my house than some of the med school in my state. Do you have any suggestions?

Does anyone know how to get off OOS hold or when I can expect to hear back about my decision? I hate this, it's like being sentenced to eternal waiting...

And congrats on interview!

Idk what's wrong with my app? I live in a bordering state and it's closer to my house than some of the med school in my state. Do you have any suggestions?
Hard to know if there's anything wrong with your app without more details but honestly I'm surprised I was given this interview with my stats.

All I know is that schools with lower stats like UKY really do look for fit more than stats.

LizzyM ~67 for reference
Hard to know if there's anything wrong with your app without more details but honestly I'm surprised I was given this interview with my stats.

All I know is that schools with lower stats like UKY really do look for fit more than stats.

I just called them and asked about my app. Apparently they have exceeded the number of applicants like for interviews and stuff. Since I applied too late, I got put on hold. :( This school and my in state schools are like my very top choice

I just called them and asked about my app. Apparently they have exceeded the number of applicants like for interviews and stuff. Since I applied too late, I got put on hold. :( This school and my in state schools are like my very top choice
That is absolutely terrifying.

Sorry to hear.

How have you all been interview prepping for those of you who havn't had your's yet and it's coming up? I'm applying through the RPLP program so I have two interviews next week, one on Friday and the second on Saturday.

I've been reading up on ethics and am practicing the basic interview questions. I don't want to fumble on the typical questions because it can look pretty bad if I do. I feel that throughout this entire application process I've done a lot of soul searching into things I don't really think about esp... can anyone else relate :nod: ???

Has anyone's application been updated from "interviews completed" to "decision made" or anything like that?

I googled med school interview questions. This website has a fairly extensive list of questions:

http://www.medical-interviews.co.uk/interview-questions-medical-school-interviews.aspx

I just look over a few questions a day and think of an answer. I don't write them down or anything, it's more of just thinking it through in my head.

Thanks!! Those questions are intensive but good. I am writing down an outline for the "Why do you want to be a doctor" question just because it will give me better flow, but I'm making sure that I don't go overboard because I don't want to look like I'm reading off a piece of paper.

For everyone who has interviewed so far, what does your secondary status say? I interviewed mid-september and my status changed to "Admissions Committee Decision Complete" quickly after and stayed that way for many weeks. But now it says "Interviews Complete."

For everyone who has interviewed so far, what does your secondary status say? I interviewed mid-september and my status changed to "Admissions Committee Decision Complete" quickly after and stayed that way for many weeks. But now it says "Interviews Complete."

I interviewed early September and mine switched straight to "Interviews Complete" a couple days after my interview.

I interviewed early September and mine switched straight to "Interviews Complete" a couple days after my interview.
I think I'm just freaking out a little bit with October 15th being so close and reading past years threads about statuses. Good luck on Thursday!

I think I'm just freaking out a little bit with October 15th being so close and reading past years threads about statuses. Good luck on Thursday!

Haha, you and me both! It's going to be a loooooong few days. Good luck to you as well!

I interviewed in early September and mine has been stuck on "interviews complete" since then. My hearts going to be pounding until I hear (either good or bad news) back on Thursday. Best of luck to all of you!

Also, do they send emails with decisions in addition to calls or just calls? And does anyone know, are calls only for acceptances or all decisions?

Last edited:
I interviewed in early September and mine has been stuck on "interviews complete" since then. My hearts going to be pounding until I hear (either good or bad news) back on Thursday. Best of luck to all of you!

Also, do they send emails with decisions in addition to calls or just calls? And does anyone know, are calls only for acceptances or all decisions?
When I was accepted, I got the call, then a letter via snail mail a week or two later. I don't think there was an email until later.

I heard that UK calls your home phone in the morning like around 8-9 AM. Idk if that's right and I also don't know if they call rejected or wait listed applicants either.