2015-2016 University of Kentucky Application Thread

Started by Ismet
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I just got accepted off the alternate list!! I am instate with heavy ties to UK. MCAT of 516 and cGPA of 3.67 and a sGPA of 3.76 (Ivy League tho). My case is unique in the lateness of my application (Complete in October and interviewed in February). I will definitely be coming here in July!
 
Last edited:
I just got accepted off the alternate list!! I am instate with heavy ties to UK. MCAT of 516 and cGPA of 3.67 and a sGPA of 3.76 (Ivy League tho). My case is unique in the lateness of my application (Complete in October and interviewed in February). I will definitely be coming here in July!
Congrats!!!!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ACCEPTED a couple of days ago, just couldn't process it till today! I'm gonna be a doctor!!!
Canadian applicant. Interviewed Feb 13th. Please PM if you are a canadian student currently in or joining UKCOM. I have a few (actually A LOT) questions.

Don't lose hope guys! Miracles do happen when you least expect them!!
Also is there a Facebook group for the 2020 class?
 
ACCEPTED a couple of days ago, just couldn't process it till today! I'm gonna be a doctor!!!
Canadian applicant. Interviewed Feb 13th. Please PM if you are a canadian student currently in or joining UKCOM. I have a few (actually A LOT) questions.

Don't lose hope guys! Miracles do happen when you least expect them!!
Also is there a Facebook group for the 2020 class?
There are several Canadians in our current first year class, so I might be able to put you in touch with someone.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using SDN mobile
 
Withdrew my acceptance here. It was a difficult thing to do but I hope that one of you gets my seat fast! Good luck you guys 🙂
 
A little behind on this question, but did anyone receive a confirmation email when they accepted their alternate list spot?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Should we be alarmed if we didn't get a confirmation? I just checked and I definitely sent them back my letter accepting my spot on the alternate list but never got a confirmation.
 
Accepted! Tuesday April 31st through phone call. Interviewed Saturday February 27th.

Stats:
Re applicant
OOS
Attended USI major biochemistry
MCAT 29, 29, 515
cGPA 3.98
Research publication, shadowing, volunteering, NREMT with ER job, school club leadership.

I will be attending here in the fall, this is my dream school!
 
Accepted today! OOS! Is there a Facebook group for finding roommates/etc?

I need to find a roommate/that type of Facebook group as well. My brother at UK signed a lease before I got my acceptance, unfortunately.

edit: There are a lot of postings on Craiglist. I immediately found a 4 Br for $490 right off campus.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey y'all! I found a great house with some of my old high school classmates. We're M1's/M2's and we'll be the perfect roommates! We just need one more person and we'll be set! Send me a message if you are interested.
 
Got accepted to RPLP off its waitlist on Wednesday, but I had to turn it down unfortunately (OOS, Canadian). It's a wonderful program though! I hope one of you get it 🙂
 
Got the phone call a few days ago! I was hoping for it, but didn't really expect it! So if you're on the waitlist.. Miracles can happen. Pls don't lose hope. I know it's easier said than done (I've been there myself... Multiple times). If it doesn't pan out this year.. Apply again! If you believe medicine is your calling... Don't give up!

This is my top choice school! Feeling very blessed.