2015-2016 University of Maryland Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Withdrawing from the upper half here, good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

What is the chance of getting off WL this year? Anyone have any luck?

Members don't see this ad :)
Because UMDSOM accepts more students than it is able to hold in a class, it is "oversubscribed" as they say in their wait list letter update. They will not be able to accept people from the wait list unless the surplus of accepted students is eliminated. Then they will address the wait list. They will keep the wait list in place until immediately before the first day of classes. I am in the upper half of the wait list, but I have already started the process of applying for the 2017 cycle just in case. This is my second time applying (upper half of wait list), but interestingly enough the letter last year did not mention the class being oversubscribed (at least from what I remember).

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Because UMDSOM accepts more students than it is able to hold in a class, it is "oversubscribed" as they say in their wait list letter update. They will not be able to accept people from the wait list unless the surplus of accepted students is eliminated. Then they will address the wait list. They will keep the wait list in place until immediately before the first day of classes. I am in the upper half of the wait list, but I have already started the process of applying for the 2017 cycle just in case. This is my second time applying (upper half of wait list), but interestingly enough the letter last year did not mention the class being oversubscribed (at least from what I remember).

They sent out similar WL letter in 2010, but people started getting in off WL after mid-May. When do you think we'll hear something?

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...of-maryland-application-thread.728360/page-10

CU admits about ~30 percent of their waitlisted students.

Does Maryland notify waitlisters by mail or do they send emails?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I know that Dean Foxwell stated about 3 weeks ago that the class was oversubscribed. Does anyone know if this is still the case and if anyone may be offered admission off the waitlist? would still kill go to here