You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 University of Maryland Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Any II that had everything in 7/20 or later?
I'm not sure, but your address and license should have more weight than your registration to vote (especially if you pay MD state income tax!) Think about it, some of us vote every two years at most or not at all.Does anyone know if being registered to vote in another state will affect residency status? I went to school in a different state and was registered there however my current address/license are in MD.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
MD/MPH II!! Submitted 8/10, IS
Tons of people who are interested in public health attend UMB! wishing you the best~MD/MPH II!! Submitted 8/10, IS
II for 9/21!
II on 9/30, OMG can't believe it! First Choice!!!
Submitted 7/18, IS, 3.5 cgpa/3.6 sgpa, 34 MCAT
Submitted 7/18, IS, 3.5 cgpa/3.6 sgpa, 34 MCAT
Thanks! Actually got it at about 12:00Congratulations! Did you get the II just now?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats to everyone! Man, wish I could've scheduled before when I did, but I have interviews every week leading up until my date and I'm trying not to miss so much class
one of my profs is docking me 1/3 letter grade for each lab I miss after my second one 🙁 already did and explained what I could, but he's not budging, so I'll work with it, I guess!
Hi all. I'm working on completing my secondary this weekend and have a couple of questions. First is how far back did you describe your work experience? Second is whether or not it is worth trying to apply for residency if I have only been here a little over a year?
Just a quick update:
I submitted my secondary on last week .
I received a processing email this week. ("We have received your second stage application and begun to process it.")
Still waiting on "secondary complete email" and interview-invite or rejection.
I submitted my secondary on last week .
I received a processing email this week. ("We have received your second stage application and begun to process it.")
Still waiting on "secondary complete email" and interview-invite or rejection.
Congrats to everyone! Man, wish I could've scheduled before when I did, but I have interviews every week leading up until my date and I'm trying not to miss so much classone of my profs is docking me 1/3 letter grade for each lab I miss after my second one 🙁 already did and explained what I could, but he's not budging, so I'll work with it, I guess!
Drop the class, unless you need it to graduate (or take it in spring semester). Last thing you should be worried about when interviewing is undergrad lab sessions that quite frankly are not going to matter at all after your acceptance! Enjoy the interviews, you'll meet lots of lovely (and not so lovely 😛) people interviewing at different schools.
also to everyone, the advice I wish I had when interviewing - don't let other interviewees psych you out during interview days. It's fine to discuss other schools, compare notes, etc, but don't let some of the things interviewees (or interviewers) say bring you down or make you worry too much.
also, if the interviewer is behaving unprofessionally (unless it's MMI I guess), let the Admissions Office know. This of course didn't happen to me at UMB, but did happen at one other school where the interviewer was very hostile and disinterested. It's pretty terrifying as an interviewee to "report" your interviewer, but it is usually for the best for you and the Admissions Office.
Drop the class, unless you need it to graduate (or take it in spring semester). Last thing you should be worried about when interviewing is undergrad lab sessions that quite frankly are not going to matter at all after your acceptance! Enjoy the interviews, you'll meet lots of lovely (and not so lovely 😛) people interviewing at different schools.
also to everyone, the advice I wish I had when interviewing - don't let other interviewees psych you out during interview days. It's fine to discuss other schools, compare notes, etc, but don't let some of the things interviewees (or interviewers) say bring you down or make you worry too much.
also, if the interviewer is behaving unprofessionally (unless it's MMI I guess), let the Admissions Office know. This of course didn't happen to me at UMB, but did happen at one other school where the interviewer was very hostile and disinterested. It's pretty terrifying as an interviewee to "report" your interviewer, but it is usually for the best for you and the Admissions Office.
Unfortunately I do need it to graduate, but I'm considering dropping since it's still early and just taking it next semester.
C
Clockwork Biology
Anyone know if they are receptive to "in the area" emails?
Anyone know if they are receptive to "in the area" emails?
From my understanding they are not
OOS II just received.
Anyone know of good hotels around the school which are relatively cheap?
Anyone know of good hotels around the school which are relatively cheap?
No, inner city B'more is hit or miss.OOS II just received.
Anyone know of good hotels around the school which are relatively cheap?
Good hotels = expensive
Bad hotels = in the ghetto/super sketchy.
I've spent about 3000+ hours doing various activities at the hospital over the past 5 years. The surrounding area isn't great. I'd look for somewhere a bit further away that you could perhaps take the light rail (really cheap, like $3-4 round trip) to. There's a station for the hospital/SOM.
Thanks for the tip! I'll check around for hotels where I can take the rail from.No, inner city B'more is hit or miss.
Good hotels = expensive
Bad hotels = in the ghetto/super sketchy.
I've spent about 3000+ hours doing various activities at the hospital over the past 5 years. The surrounding area isn't great. I'd look for somewhere a bit further away that you could perhaps take the light rail (really cheap, like $3-4 round trip) to. There's a station for the hospital/SOM.
There are hotels near the hospital that aren't unsafe, as long as you don't plan on walking around outside at night. Not sure how expensive they are, but there's a Marriott, a Day's Inn, etc. I live in Baltimore and have spent a good amount of time on the campus and at the hospital. However, it's true that the area around the hospital isn't great.
Got the "secondary application received" email a while ago, and just got another one today...has this happened to anyone else?
Hey, this happened to me also. I don't know what it means, but in the grand scheme of things I bet it's just a computer/mass email glitch.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks for the tip! I'll check around for hotels where I can take the rail from.
I live in the area it's not that bad lol. Try the days in or the holiday inn, they are both on lombard street. I'd be more sketched out riding the light rail in a suit than walking there from the holiday inn that's for sure
Yup for sure. Downtown hotel >>>> light railI live in the area it's not that bad lol. Try the days in or the holiday inn, they are both on lombard street. I'd be more sketched out riding the light rail in a suit than walking there from the holiday inn that's for sure
Anyone else interviewing this Wed? Gettin' pretty excited.
Has anyone out of state received an interview invite yet?
Has anyone out of state received an interview invite yet?
So far there's one OOS applicant with an II on this thread. Good luck to you!
Woah there! Definitely don't get discouraged by what you see people post!!
"There is more than what meets the eye" (Life tip: paraphrase Optimus Prime, whenever possible)
C
Clockwork Biology
sitting here like
How long has it been taking to go from complete to ii?
Does anybody know if there is an option to call them? ( the admission office, I mean)
http://medschool.umaryland.edu/admissions/contactus.aspDoes anybody know if there is an option to call them? ( the admission office, I mean)
Thank you, Thursday is my day to call or e-mail all the schools
congrats, super jealous! stats?II today! OOS, complete end of August.
I was checking my portal almost everyday and I don't think it changed from "ready" before getting an II. The last communication I received before the II was the complete email, which said they were beginning to process my application. Good luck! I totally understand about not knowing where you stand with the different schools.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just called the school, do not bother calling them, they do not give updates over the phone. If you have not received anything via e-mail, your app is under review. Although, they will contact those who are missing any application materials. Cheers!
Where exactly do you see this on the portal? I don't see it anywhereFor those of you with II's, did your status change from "ready" to "under review" prior to getting the invite? A lot of my statues (including UMD) just say "ready" and I have no idea what this means. Have they not even looked at my file yet?
Where exactly do you see this on the portal? I don't see it anywhere
If you log in to your secondary app and then click on the "Status" tab, you will see a chart that has all of the parts of the application listed; primary, LORs, secondary, fee etc. It was the last entry in that chart (I think it says "application"). Mine just says "ready!" which apparently is the last thing you will see prior to getting a decision regarding whether they are going to interview you.
Ummmm... this is all I see:If you log in to your secondary app and then click on the "Status" tab, you will see a chart that has all of the parts of the application listed; primary, LORs, secondary, fee etc. It was the last entry in that chart (I think it says "application"). Mine just says "ready!" which apparently is the last thing you will see prior to getting a decision regarding whether they are going to interview you.
Am I missing something?
I will look at mine and will let you know what it says!Ummmm... this is all I see:![]()
Am I missing something?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
