You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Vanderbilt University Application Thread
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
man they must have been really harsh on screening this year...I've got one of them LizzyM's in the 75-78 range.
Thank you, Vandy, for at least letting me be free now. I will admit, though, this one really stings since the axe came before even getting a secondary.
Vandy just handed me my first rejection. LizzyM 66-70, good research, etc. My wallet appreciates that they never asked me to pay the secondary fee.
Bingo.
Thank you, Vandy, for at least letting me be free now. I will admit, though, this one really stings since the axe came before even getting a secondary.
As one of the few schools that still heavily screens, it really doesn't mean much to not get one. Its pretty close to just not getting an II, which will happen to all of us at many schools.
.
Last edited:
Got a secondary! Not sure why I got one so late (AMCAS submitted in late July), but I really like Vandy, so it's whatever.
.
Last edited:
Hey guys, is anyone interviewing at Vanderbilt on November 30th? I'm landing in Nashville on Saturday/ its my first time in the city and I was looking to see if anyone wanted to hang out before. Also, there were no student hosts because its around Thanksgiving, so if you guys know of any housing options...those would be super appreciated!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got an interview invite, complete mid August, IS LizzyM 75. I selected December 14th which was the last one for December and they had some in January
I literally fell to the floor in surprise. It's a great day![]()
Congrats! 🙂
.
Last edited:
In short, WHATEVER YOU WANT. It sounds dreamy, no?!Could someone please clarify what happens in 3rd & 4th year of the curriculum? I understand that courses/lectures are mainly Year 1, followed by clerkships in Year 2. Is Year 3&4 dedicated just to doing research? What else happens during those years?
apologies if this has been asked before, but does vandy accept post-interview updates? I don't remember if they mentioned anything about it at the interview
apologies if this has been asked before, but does vandy accept post-interview updates? I don't remember if they mentioned anything about it at the interview
They accept pre-interview updates, so I would assume that they also accept post-interview updates...?
Did anyone else get that "Happy Holidays from Vanderbilt" email and have your stomach drop for a hot second? #toodamnearly
They absolutely do accept post-interview updates; I remember Josh (the admissions office assistant) immediately responding to my email and enthusiastically asking how I was doing.
So I saw on the 2014-2015 thread that some folks who were interviewed in November got an answer in December and aghhhh
Is no one else antsy about this? I loved Vandy and would be thrilled beyond belief to get an offer. this last week before I find out whether I have to wait until February or not is the longest week ever.
i'm excited and nervous!! do they reject in december, or just accept and defer?
As of last year, n December they either accept or defer. In February they accept, waitlist (not defer), and reject a tiny amount.
Interviewed mid-November and was told that we would most likely have to wait until February for a decision. but pleaseee!!! all I want for Christmas is VandyIs no one else antsy about this? I loved Vandy and would be thrilled beyond belief to get an offer. this last week before I find out whether I have to wait until February or not is the longest week ever.
Could someone please clarify what happens in 3rd & 4th year of the curriculum? I understand that courses/lectures are mainly Year 1, followed by clerkships in Year 2. Is Year 3&4 dedicated just to doing research? What else happens during those years?
Electives, including sub-Internships. Minimum 3 months of research, can be more. Global health rotations. Aways. Vacation. Interviews. Primary care month. These are all great--fantastic really.
There is also "Foundation of Healthcare Delivery" which is communication, interprofessional education, quality improvement project, etc. Currently, FHD is the weakest portion of the new curriculum in my opinion.
That's all I can think of for now.
"Mid December" so for most folks yes. Once you hit early November II dates we are likely to have to wait until February for an answer.Dying to hear back. We should hear back sometime next week right?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Last year they called!Does anyone know whether they call or email?
They probably are... Last year they were still sending out II's this timeAnyone know if they are still inviting to interview?
Last edited:
Confirmed.... Got an ii! Complete close to the deadline. Psyched!They probably are... Last year they were still sending out II's this time
Has anyone not been rejected, but not received a secondary still??
Has anyone not been rejected, but not received a secondary still??
Secondary deadline is 12/1, so I would imagine not. Please say you aren't in that situation. That would be uniquely terrible.
The website says that if they send you one after 12/1 you need to send it ASAP. And yep, in this uniquely terrible situation. Anyone know what to do?Secondary deadline is 12/1, so I would imagine not. Please say you aren't in that situation. That would be uniquely terrible.
SO ANXIOUS about possible news this week, but I interviewed in early November, so who knows. 
.
Last edited:
You guys I am majorly counting on you to let me know if they're making calls today so I know how nervous to be!!
You guys I am majorly counting on you to let me know if they're making calls today so I know how nervous to be!!
I'm betting on tomorrow or Wednesday, based on last year's thread. I'll definitely post any updates, and GOOD LUCK!!!

🙂Who else is having a hard time focusing on finals in anticipation of this possible decision?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
1000x yesWho else is having a hard time focusing on finals in anticipation of this possible decision?
.
Last edited:
Past couple years it was December 15-16th, seems to be in the evening.
Source: I checked past years forums because I can't concentrate on my actual work...
Source: I checked past years forums because I can't concentrate on my actual work...
How do we know it was in the evening?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 691
- Views
- 150K
- Replies
- 351
- Views
- 80K
- Replies
- 234
- Views
- 76K
