Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Self-deprecating humor, I like it.They send out secondaries in order of decreasing d### size. I'm sure I'll get mine by the end of next month.
My secondary right away makes me feel special, then.
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Self-deprecating humor, I like it.They send out secondaries in order of decreasing d### size. I'm sure I'll get mine by the end of next month.
girth or length? is there a LizzyM score for this?They send out secondaries in order of decreasing d### size. I'm sure I'll get mine by the end of next month.
They send out secondaries in order of decreasing d### size. I'm sure I'll get mine by the end of next month.
You two are something else.....girth or length? is there a LizzyM score for this?
What the...
It's called the DizzyD.girth or length? is there a LizzyM score for this?
What the...
I think this paranoia has gone a bit too far.... Shall we venture back into less inappropriate territory?It's called the DizzyD.
If you're going to be a physician get comfortable talking about things.I think this paranoia has gone a bit too far.... Shall we venture back into less inappropriate territory?
True, but I think we can all agree we weren't being anatomically correct (or serious, for that matter)...😉If you're going to be a physician get comfortable talking about things.
As long as we're being anatomically correct, the penis is, developmentally speaking, an outgrowth of the clitoris. Thus, you are still subject to the DizzyD score, it's just scaled down for the sake of diversity.Deleted for others' sanity. Just highlighting that the exclusivity of the above metric
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I recant my previous statement. I give up...As long as we're being anatomically correct, the penis is, developmentally speaking, an outgrowth of the clitoris. Thus, you are still subject to the DizzyD score, it's just scaled down for the sake of diversity.
+1No secondary. What's with schools not sending these to everyone all at once? Is that so hard?
according to case, mass emails tend to go to spam filters?No secondary. What's with schools not sending these to everyone all at once? Is that so hard?
I pray I get one. There's no screen right?Secondary received. OMG it's happening. Good Luck Everyone!
You're applying to DO and Harvard? lol
You're applying to DO and Harvard? lol
Do you fill this out only if you get an acceptance? Not seeing anywhere on the secondary where you fill this out.They give you a courses worksheet that you have to fill out with the courses that you've taken that fulfill the requirements. They verify it afterwards so my guess is you can't skip out on it but the requirements are not completely rigid. You don't have to have a course titled "Calculus" or "Statistics"...some engineering etc courses substitute for it at certain schools etc but you do need a course that teaches calculus and statistics. The acceptance letter also states that the acceptance is contingent on satisfying all the course reqs.
only if you get an interview. a new tab will pop up on your portal and there will be a link to the pdf. you print it out, fill it out, and bring it with you to the interview.Do you fill this out only if you get an acceptance? Not seeing anywhere on the secondary where you fill this out.
Oh no I completely agree with you, I just think you may be one of the only people to apply to both Harvard and DO. Just a side note, even though you're doing MD, DO, and Texas MD I somehow still have more schools on my list than you do lol. I'm doing AMCAS and TX MD 😛Without starting a war on MD vs. DO, yes. At the end of the day, I'll be a physician regardless of the two letters after my name. Harvard is quite a reach for me but it's only one of about five reaches. I have the time and money to put into applying to HMS so why not?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Most of the time when I first receive a secondary and look at my letters status they aren't marked as received. Within a few days all like 20 of my schools have eventually updated it. If you've had your letters successfully transmitted to at least one school you have nothing to worry about unless it's been like weeks.Anyone else see that their letters are marked as "not received?"
Oh, all right! Thanks for the reassurance!!Most of the time when I first receive a secondary and look at my letters status they aren't marked as received. Within a few days all like 20 of my schools have eventually updated it. If you've had your letters successfully transmitted to at least one school you have nothing to worry about unless it's been like weeks.
Now it can't be undone, and it can't be slowed down. What have you done..Dear SDN,
I am so sorry. I had no idea what I was creating.
I put x siblings, age xSerious question: how does one tackle this question in one answer field.....
"Number and ages of siblings:".... '1 23'
Yes that's perfect. It takes a while for LORs to be received and as mentioned above, the course requirement form is filled out and turned in on interview day.I put x siblings, age x
ThanksYes that's perfect. It takes a while for LORs to be received and as mentioned above, the course requirement form is filled out and turned in on interview day.
For the prompt:
If there is an important aspect of your personal background or identity, not addressed elsewhere in the application, that you would like to share with the Committee, we invite you to do so here. Many applicants will not need to answer this question. Examples might include significant challenges in access to education, unusual socioeconomic factors, identification with a minority culture, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation or gender identity. Briefly explain how such factors have influenced your motivation for a career in medicine.
is it ok to talk about being jewish and how some aspect of it motivated me to pursue medicine? the reason why i ask is b/c it sounds like the prompt is only inviting marginalized minorities
@MaxPlancker
I don't think that your topic would be inappropriate but I don't think it would be necessary since that should be covered in your PS if it's part of your Why medicine?For the prompt:
If there is an important aspect of your personal background or identity, not addressed elsewhere in the application, that you would like to share with the Committee, we invite you to do so here. Many applicants will not need to answer this question. Examples might include significant challenges in access to education, unusual socioeconomic factors, identification with a minority culture, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation or gender identity. Briefly explain how such factors have influenced your motivation for a career in medicine.
is it ok to talk about being jewish and how some aspect of it motivated me to pursue medicine? the reason why i ask is b/c it sounds like the prompt is only inviting marginalized minorities
@MaxPlancker
I don't think that your topic would be inappropriate but I don't think it would be necessary since that should be covered in your PS if it's part of your Why medicine?
I left the topic blank. Optional prompts are truly optional and it looks negative if you try to put something down that isn't really what the prompt is for.
+1I don't think that your topic would be inappropriate but I don't think it would be necessary since that should be covered in your PS if it's part of your Why medicine?
I left the topic blank. Optional prompts are truly optional and it looks negative if you try to put something down that isn't really what the prompt is for.
If it is important to you, then sure. Just don't write anything superficial.You think it works in my situation? I feel like my religion is a big part of my identity and it strongly influenced my decision to pursue medicine.
If it is important to you, then sure. Just don't write anything superficial.
Quality, not quantity. That's perfect.Perfect, thanks. It was short but got right at the heart of it being an important aspect of my background.
YesYou think it works in my situation? I feel like my religion is a big part of my identity and it strongly influenced my decision to pursue medicine.
why do you say religion isn't perceived so favorably by many these days? I too am considering writing about religion and talking about my experience with religious patients... it's also going in pretty much all of my diversity essays tooI wrote about how my membership in a minority religion influenced by desire to pursue medicine. I hope they don't hate me. Religion isn't perceived so favorably by many these days so it's risky but I just felt like it was such a big part of my background that if it kept me out of Harvard I wouldn't belong there anyway.
why do you say religion isn't perceived so favorably by many these days? I too am considering writing about religion and talking about my experience with religious patients... it's also going in pretty much all of my diversity essays too
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.