You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 University of Colorado Application Thread
Started by WedgeDawg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congrats to everyone, especially my fellow out of states giving me hope! Was it a portal update or email?
I was notified via email. Oddly enough the secondary app portal did not mention anything regarding the II. They provide a link in the email that only allows you to confirm, deny, or request a different interview date.
For those of you who are applying with average or slightly below average stats, stay optimistic– my stats are below the average matriculant at CU. A solid personal statement and EC's will go a long way, apparently.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The numbers are certainly competitive. But the equation depends on so many other factors and randomness that it is far from a guaranteed interview.Do you think someone who applying to CU with a 3.7 GPA, 510 MCAT (~32 on the old MCAT), and who is hispanic but OOS has a good chance of getting in? It seems like CU is pretty interested in diversity, particularly hispanic population
II today!
Congrats! One step closer to being by Maroon Bells for 4 years. 🙂II today!
IS or OOS? Complete date?
Congrats! One step closer to being by Maroon Bells for 4 years. 🙂
IS or OOS? Complete date?
IS - Complete 8/15
Congrats! What interview dates could you select from?
Only one to choose from 🙁
Dang...was it soon?
Mid October
You can call the office and get a different date. They interview on almost every Friday and you can choose through November
It's still very early to be thinking about a silent rejection. Last year they ended up sending out 4784 secondaries and they are nowhere near that so far this season. If you're dying of curiosity, they periodically update their admissions tracker to show a count of how many secondaries and ultimately how many offers have gone out so far. As of 9/7, 988 secondaries had gone out. Heres the link if anybody wants something new to obsessively check: http://www.ucdenver.edu/academics/colleges/medicalschool/education/Admissions/Pages/admissions.aspxDo they practice silent rejection pre-secondary?
Does anyone know how selective CU is in their secondary invitation? I can't imagine that only about 1000 secondaries have been sent out when about 5700 applications have been submitted. I heard that if you meet a certain GPA/MCAT cut off, you automatically get a secondary but this figure doesn't correlate with that.
CU actually reads primary apps prior to sending out secondaries and with 5700 applications that takes some time with a limited amount of people reading apps. Just be patient, but the secondaries actually do mean they are interested in learning more about you not just that your scores met a minimum.Does anyone know how selective CU is in their secondary invitation? I can't imagine that only about 1000 secondaries have been sent out when about 5700 applications have been submitted. I heard that if you meet a certain GPA/MCAT cut off, you automatically get a secondary but this figure doesn't correlate with that.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Good to hear that. I was a bit skeptical about my chance at CU when I got my secondary 2 days after getting verified and I am oos. I got verified on 8/12 for those who are interested to know. Thanks for letting us know this. Now this gives me hope that I might have a chance here.
CU actually reads primary apps prior to sending out secondaries and with 5700 applications that takes some time with a limited amount of people reading apps. Just be patient, but the secondaries actually do mean they are interested in learning more about you not just that your scores met a minimum.
D
deleted707454
The tracker now shows 2461 secondary applications sent - Am I reading this right?
The tracker now shows 2461 secondary applications sent - Am I reading this right?
I assumed that meant 2461 secondaries received by them, but I could be wrong
Thanks for the link! Another school with the cool admission trackers!It's still very early to be thinking about a silent rejection. Last year they ended up sending out 4784 secondaries and they are nowhere near that so far this season. If you're dying of curiosity, they periodically update their admissions tracker to show a count of how many secondaries and ultimately how many offers have gone out so far. As of 9/7, 988 secondaries had gone out. Heres the link if anybody wants something new to obsessively check: http://www.ucdenver.edu/academics/colleges/medicalschool/education/Admissions/Pages/admissions.aspx
Super excited to be interviewing at this school! Wanted to attend this school since I decided to pursue medicine!
Super excited to be interviewing at this school! Wanted to attend this school since I decided to pursue medicine!
Congrats! Did you just get an II too?
I got an II a few days ago. I will also be interviewing for the rural track as well. Nervous and excited all at once!Congrats! Did you just get an II too?
II, see you all there 🙂
The current students on my interview day had amazing things to say about the rural track!I got an II a few days ago. I will also be interviewing for the rural track as well. Nervous and excited all at once!
Anything in particular that you remember them saying? I love rural medicine and Colorado is so rural I feel like I would love to be in their track! Most of my experience is in rural medicine.The current students on my interview day had amazing things to say about the rural track!
Anything in particular that you remember them saying? I love rural medicine and Colorado is so rural I feel like I would love to be in their track! Most of my experience is in rural medicine.
Nice! They said that students in the rural track had a lot of early exposure to hands-on clinical medicine and that the leader of the track was very passionate about rural medicine and supportive. Made me wish I had expressed interest in it, even though my passion is actually urban medicine! Good luck with the interview! [emoji4]
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
It usually takes about 1~2 weeks for FAP to be processedI submitted my secondary a couple days ago, but didn't submit the fee as I have FAP. When I go to check my status it still lets me go on the link to pay. Should I call them tomorrow or am I waiting for them to change this manually?
Congrats!! Are you IS or OOS?II, see you all there 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS. Edit: Thanks! 🙂Congrats!! Are you IS or OOS?
Mhm 🙂Just confirmed my date, this just got real 😀Anyone else interviewing 10/14?
For anyone worried about the secondary payment verification, mine took 22 days to go through. So don't stress too hard if it takes a while 🙂
For anyone worried about the secondary payment verification, mine took 22 days to go through. So don't stress too hard if it takes a while 🙂
Just checked my status. Mine took forever too! Secondary submitted 9/2 payment received 9/27.For anyone worried about the secondary payment verification, mine took 22 days to go through. So don't stress too hard if it takes a while 🙂
II!!! OOS, LizzyM 76, complete mid July but payment was processed 7/28...anyone know if they do students hosts?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
They are open file (but interviewers do not know your GPA or MCAT score). Interviews can be with a broad spectrum of peeps from school community members to volunteers to current students to faculty.II just now, OOS, LizzyM approx. 76, application under review 8/23, Does anyone know if the interview is open file or closed file? Are both interviews with someone on the admissions committee?
Good luck, and congrats!
Last edited:
Community members? Like they just find people from outside to interview you?They are open file (but interviewers do not know your GPA or MCAT score). Interviews can be with a broad spectrum of peeps from community members to volunteers to current students to faculty.
Good luck, and congrats!
They are usually practicing clinicians (at the UC Hospital), professors of the school, or current medical students.Community members? Like they just find people from outside to interview you?
Yeah that makes way more sense.They are usually practicing clinicians (at the UC Hospital), professors of the school, or current medical students.
I should have clarified... School community members (not necessarily faculty or students, but other staff/volunteers/affiliates etc.).Community members? Like they just find people from outside to interview you?
Last year I interviewed with a social workerCommunity members? Like they just find people from outside to interview you?
In the interview invite email there is a link with information on the interview. One of the bullets is about where to stay and there is an email address for people interested in staying with a student host.II!!! OOS, LizzyM 76, complete mid July but payment was processed 7/28...anyone know if they do students hosts?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
It's still very early to be thinking about a silent rejection. Last year they ended up sending out 4784 secondaries and they are nowhere near that so far this season. If you're dying of curiosity, they periodically update their admissions tracker to show a count of how many secondaries and ultimately how many offers have gone out so far. As of 9/7, 988 secondaries had gone out. Heres the link if anybody wants something new to obsessively check: http://www.ucdenver.edu/academics/colleges/medicalschool/education/Admissions/Pages/admissions.aspx
This is very helpful! Thanks for posting.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if there's a shuttle to the Boulder campus? Uber estimates are expensive lol
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
D
deleted707454
look up "Flat Iron Flyer"Does anyone know if there's a shuttle to the Boulder campus? Uber estimates are expensive lol
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Does anyone know if there's a shuttle to the Boulder campus? Uber estimates are expensive lol
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
http://www.rtd-denver.com/flatiron-flyer.shtml
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K