You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 Colorado
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
yes, i emailed them. do not pay twice, they responded quickly to me and fixed it ! <3Has anyone had success emailing the admissions office about the payment not going through? Should I just pay twice?
heatnation75
New Member
Perfect, thank you!yes, i emailed them. do not pay twice, they responded quickly to me and fixed it ! <3
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
medicineisawesome
Full Member
I'm probably overthinking this, but when they say not to repeat information from personal statement, they do mean just the personal statement and not the W/A section, right? Bc idk how to write the pillars essay without referencing my W/As.
SmilingGhost
New Member
Did anyone who was having issues with their Casper not showing up have it fixed? My other schools have received my score, but for some reason Colorado hasn't.
FuturePediatricNeurosurge
Probationary Status - Indefinitely
Does anyone know if there's a downside to not indicating a branch campus and only applying to Anschutz?
I'm curious because when selecting a branch campus, the website says you will primarily be considered for that branch-- could this reduce the likelihood of acceptance to the main Anschutz campus?
I'm curious because when selecting a branch campus, the website says you will primarily be considered for that branch-- could this reduce the likelihood of acceptance to the main Anschutz campus?
JPace24
Healthcare Finance Bro by Day, Applicant by Night.
Hey brotha, I do not think so. I think while they will prioritize your matriculation to that specific branch, I do not think it actually reduces your chance to study at Anschutz, but this is only my opinion.Does anyone know if there's a downside to not indicating a branch campus and only applying to Anschutz?
I'm curious because when selecting a branch campus, the website says you will primarily be considered for that branch-- could this reduce the likelihood of acceptance to the main Anschutz campus?
medicineisawesome
Full Member
I'm pretty sure they clearly state it doesn't reduce your chances of getting into the main campus either way...Does anyone know if there's a downside to not indicating a branch campus and only applying to Anschutz?
I'm curious because when selecting a branch campus, the website says you will primarily be considered for that branch-- could this reduce the likelihood of acceptance to the main Anschutz campus?
FuturePediatricNeurosurge
Probationary Status - Indefinitely
You’re right— it does explicitly say indicating or not indicating a branch does not affect odds of admissionI'm pretty sure they clearly state it doesn't reduce your chances of getting into the main campus either way...
Current student here - I can confirm that applying to the branch campus does not affect your chances whatsoever.Does anyone know if there's a downside to not indicating a branch campus and only applying to Anschutz?
I'm curious because when selecting a branch campus, the website says you will primarily be considered for that branch-- could this reduce the likelihood of acceptance to the main Anschutz campus?
darkbot7530
Full Member
Hey just want to confirm, im an OOS applicant, if i just answer the 2 required prompts i should be all good?Current student here - I can confirm that applying to the branch campus does not affect your chances whatsoever.
medicineisawesome
Full Member
yes... answering the optional question without really having something good to say will only hurt you in the end so if you don't care for any of the other campuses don't answer it!Hey just want to confirm, im an OOS applicant, if i just answer the 2 required prompts i should be all good?
User954276901
New Member
+1 OOS II! Secondary submitted 7/27.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Strong ties probably helped. They end up being 50/50 residents/nonresidents iirc.+1 OOS II, kinda surprised as my GPA isn't close to their average. I applied for the fort collins branch, I wonder if that's why! (Strong ties, I was born and raised in the area)
rainbowsoccer
New Member
Has anyone heard anything regarding the group versus individual interviews? wondering how to prepare
calmingdown1109
Full Member
does Colorado do background checks before they send out an II?
Any INTL II?
This is an interesting question ...does Colorado do background checks before they send out an II?
calmingdown1109
Full Member
hahahah I'm asking because I got an email about a payment issue for a background check from CU but I haven't even gotten an interviewThis is an interesting question ...
FuturePediatricNeurosurge
Probationary Status - Indefinitely
+1 OOS II, no ties. Submitted 7/18
when did you receive the II?+1 OOS II, no ties. Submitted 7/18
kitnumber
New Member
I received it 8/12.when did you receive the II?
Let’s go!+1 OOS II. No ties. Submitted 7/19.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
quirkybric2040
Full Member
do you guys know if colorado gives out good merit/need based aid to OOS? I'm pretty low income and trying to decide it is worth applying to lol
Big II batch today.
I've only seen 3 added on, where are you seeing this?Big II batch today.
3 on admit 3 on cycletrack.I've only seen 3 added on, where are you seeing this?
not_houseMD
Full Member
Perhaps the same three?3 on admit 3 on cycletrack.
futuratypeface
Full Member
Looks like 5 on each now. Probably the same 5.3 on admit 3 on cycletrack.
I think they send out batches of 100 interview invites at a time, about every 2-3 weeks. So they can interview 50 on Wednesday and 50 on Friday.
very late response so prob not super helpful, but from my understanding aid is very limited for OOS students here and they've been pretty open abt that w applicantsdo you guys know if colorado gives out good merit/need based aid to OOS? I'm pretty low income and trying to decide it is worth applying to lol
smoney1178
Full Member
Do you remember when you interviewed? Or how long invited are sent out?I’m a current M1 here— feel free to message with any questions! Good luck all.
FuturePediatricNeurosurge
Probationary Status - Indefinitely
If you’re asking about when the latest you can expect to receive interview invites (IIs) you can check admit.org or cycletrack — they have data on when applicants receive interviews/acceptances/rejectionsDo you remember when you interviewed? Or how long invited are sent out?
I’m pretty sure I interviewed in February or March— it was after January, for sure. I think interviews go until March, though? Our accepted students day was in late April, and by that point, over 300 people had already been accepted, so I doubt they were still interviewing then.Do you remember when you interviewed? Or how long invited are sent out?
smoney1178
Full Member
Do you have any state ties?!+1 OOS II
LM 70
Submitted 7/21
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have ties to the southwest, went to college in ArizonaDo you have any state ties?!
TibiaOrNotTibia
Full Member
+1 OOS II (no ties)
Submitted 07/26
Submitted 07/26
It took quite a while for them to send out secondaries, I do believe they screen in some way. I was verified with AMCAS on June 3rd, and received this secondary on July 22nd. I wouldn't worry too much!Is it taking a while for anyone else to recieve a secondary? I added this school on september 9th and have not yet received a secondary.
TibiaOrNotTibia
Full Member
It took about 20 days for them to send me a secondary invite after my primary submission!Is it taking a while for anyone else to recieve a secondary? I added this school on september 9th and have not yet received a secondary.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K