You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 Colorado
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
FuturePediatricNeurosurge
Probationary Status - Indefinitely
They don’t — paraphrasing, they basically say “we don’t accept update letters— if you want to give us updates, you can only tell us on interview day — no emails or portal uploads”does anybody know if they accept update letters/emails?
+1 IS-ish? secondary (I don't even know if I'm considered IS or OOS) - born and raised in Denver, but a milspouse and have moved several times.
I know it is super late in the cycle...was pending an MCAT retake 🙂
Happy my home state showed me some love by not flat-out ghosting me
I know it is super late in the cycle...was pending an MCAT retake 🙂
Happy my home state showed me some love by not flat-out ghosting me
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nah not super late. A lil late? Yea but not super late. People send in apps in December and get IIs+1 IS-ish? secondary (I don't even know if I'm considered IS or OOS) - born and raised in Denver, but a milspouse and have moved several times.
I know it is super late in the cycle...was pending an MCAT retake 🙂
Happy my home state showed me some love by not flat-out ghosting me
That makes me feel a little better! I feel so behind the game. I know people getting II's and I'm still writing secondaries!Nah not super late. A lil late? Yea but not super late. People send in apps in December and get IIs
bratzdoll16
Full Member
I’m in the same boat 😭That makes me feel a little better! I feel so behind the game. I know people getting II's and I'm still writing secondaries!
I am interviewing with CUSOM this week and was wondering if anyone had some insight on their group interview portion. I do not know if I should expect ethical dilemmas and working as a team to find a solution or something completely different. Any and all advice is appreciated!
they dont yield protect they have pretty high stats.anyway to communicate intent before interview invite? I fear I'm being yield protected.
TibiaOrNotTibia
Full Member
Yield protected from what? If you're talking about stats, I don't think you would get yield protected from Colorado as they are a relatively high-stat school themselves.anyway to communicate intent before interview invite? I fear I'm being yield protected.
That is the entire point of secondaries, I fear. The other user either did not make that clear in their essays or just has to wait their turn for an II. Claiming yield protection at a high stat school is a yucky flex to try and make.FWIW, I interviewed this month with LM 83 with no connections whatsoever to the school or state. That said, I did have an application that is extremely "Colorado" (both academically and non-academically), and that probably came through.
especially since that commenter has a LM of 75.6, you would not be yield protected with that for sure. I have a higher LM and I definitely am not being yield protected here I am sure, might be a mission fit thing for all I know.they dont yield protect they have pretty high stats.
StayPositive23
Full Member
Anyone know the general odds of an interview invite for a re-applicant who got rejected post-interview last cycle? Huge fan of this school so hoping to get another shot here
If it helps, my current class here is approx 100 OOS and 80 IS! Some have ties to CO but def not necessary.FWIW, I interviewed this month with LM 83 with no connections whatsoever to the school or state. That said, I did have an application that is extremely "Colorado" (both academically and non-academically), and that probably came through.
GOOD LUCK!! as a fellow canadian, when did you submit your secondary for this school?canadian II (& first one ever!!!) 🙂 would seriously appreciate any tips. goodluck guys!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
xhvlias
Full Member
THANK YOU!!! omg another canadian. submitted my secondary on July 29th. wishing you good news soon 🙂GOOD LUCK!! as a fellow canadian, when did you submit your secondary for this school?
thank you!! i submitted approx a month later than you, so hopefully! please do keep me updated!! rooting for youTHANK YOU!!! omg another canadian. submitted my secondary on July 29th. wishing you good news soon 🙂
futuratypeface
Full Member
Closeddoes Colorado typically do closed- or open-file interviews?
Huge congrats! Just out of curiosity I saw you had some IS Texas interviews but also IS for Colorado, are you applying through AMCAS as a Colorado resident and TMDSAS as a Texas resident?+1 IS II !!!! Was going through a drought but yay!!!
Congrats!!! When were you complete?+1 IS II !!!! Was going through a drought but yay!!!
Yes, I currently live in Colorado (and attended undergrad here), but when I applied through TMDSAS, I was marked as an IS for Texas due to being from there, having a valid Texas license, and having family still there. I was told that if I were to get accepted to a Texas school, my status might change for tuition reasons, as I do not currently reside there, but they put me as IS for the application.Huge congrats! Just out of curiosity I saw you had some IS Texas interviews but also IS for Colorado, are you applying through AMCAS as a Colorado resident and TMDSAS as a Texas resident?
Thank you and 7/16Congrats!!! When were you complete?
That’s pretty sweet. Good luck!!!Yes, I currently live in Colorado (and attended undergrad here), but when I applied through TMDSAS, I was marked as an IS for Texas due to being from there, having a valid Texas license, and having family still there. I was told that if I were to get accepted to a Texas school, my status might change for tuition reasons, as I do not currently reside there, but they put me as IS for the application.
medicalpokemon
Full Member
do we think any As will be released today?
futuratypeface
Full Member
They said specifically that they will not be calling on the 15th but during the week after (they said this during my Friday interview on August 22nd)do we think any As will be released today?
rainbowsoccer
New Member
As in tomorrow and Friday or next week?They said specifically that they will not be calling on the 15th but during the week after (they said this during my Friday interview on August 22nd)
futuratypeface
Full Member
Not clear..As in tomorrow and Friday or next week?
premedfly9
Full Member
During my interview date they said the week of the 15th.As in tomorrow and Friday or next week?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
pinkfluffyunicorn
Full Member
Acceptance call just now, so happy. Hoping the very best for all of you still waiting to hear back!!!
apollodorus
Full Member
what does being placed on the alternate list mean? is it like a deferral where we are going to continue to be considered for each batch of decisions or more like a waitlist at the end of the entire cycle
futuratypeface
Full Member
Was this for fort collins? (If it was, I think it's just like a wait-list thing, they'll admit 16, and if any of them fall off, they'll consider the alternate list! But that's totally conjecture from me)what does being placed on the alternate list mean? is it like a deferral where we are going to continue to be considered for each batch of decisions or more like a waitlist at the end of the entire cycle
Last edited:
apollodorus
Full Member
this was for their main campusWas this for fort collins? (If it was, I think it's just like a wait-list thing, they'll admit 16, and if any of them fall off, they'll consider the alternate list! But that's totally conjecture from me)
If an interview is described generally, it is usually for a reason - the prompt/scenario is likely supposed to be a surprise and part of the exercise/evaluation is to gauge your response to it.I am interviewing with CUSOM this week and was wondering if anyone had some insight on their group interview portion. I do not know if I should expect ethical dilemmas and working as a team to find a solution or something completely different. Any and all advice is appreciated!
CUSOM's admissions committee members sign a confidentiality agreement which encompasses a responsibility not to disclose details of the interview day. I am sure applicants are also bound to keep interview content confidential. Whoever is on the adcom should not be telling you what the interview questions/scenarios are - even generally. And prospective medical students should maintain their own commitment to this integrity and not ask someone with that responsibility to violate their agreement to keep this information confidential.
Be a respectful applicant to yourself, the admissions committee, and your fellow applicants. The job of the admission committee to keep things as fair as possible and maintaining a level playing field for you all is hard enough as it is. Please do not make requests that make that harder. And provide evidence that you have low regard for professional boundaries, which is a red flag for someone aspiring to be a physician.
Last edited:
futuratypeface
Full Member
Dear Colorado,
I would lose my mind if you accepted me.
Love,
Someone who interviewed 8/22 (has anyone heard anything back who interviewed this day??)
Xoxo
I would lose my mind if you accepted me.
Love,
Someone who interviewed 8/22 (has anyone heard anything back who interviewed this day??)
Xoxo
apollodorus
Full Member
i interviewed 8/20 and got an email placing me on the alternate list. maybe your decision just got deferred?Dear Colorado,
I would lose my mind if you accepted me.
Love,
Someone who interviewed 8/22 (has anyone heard anything back who interviewed this day??)
Xoxo
randomusername3
Full Member
Also interviewed that day and haven't heard back.Dear Colorado,
I would lose my mind if you accepted me.
Love,
Someone who interviewed 8/22 (has anyone heard anything back who interviewed this day??)
Xoxo
User954276901
New Member
SameAlso interviewed that day and haven't heard back.
zach9975
Full Member
In the same boat as well.Dear Colorado,
I would lose my mind if you accepted me.
Love,
Someone who interviewed 8/22 (has anyone heard anything back who interviewed this day??)
Xoxo
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same here!+1 invitation to financial aid for “accepted students” (I have yet to get an acceptance call I interviewed 8/22)
xhvlias
Full Member
+1 WHY DOES IT SAY ACCEPTED STUDENTS (interviewed 10/8)+1 invitation to financial aid for “accepted students” (I have yet to get an acceptance call I interviewed 8/22)
medicalpokemon
Full Member
Same here!! I interviewed on 9/10+1 invitation to financial aid for “accepted students” (I have yet to get an acceptance call I interviewed 8/22)
apollodorus
Full Member
sorry guys but i got placed on the alternate list last week (interviewed 8/20) and also got the email 🙁
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K