You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 IMG & FMG radiology applicants thread.
Started by knosway14
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Same here... + Prelim acknowledge.No IV so far. Just a rejection from UPMC
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Most invites won't come til after 10/1 I think...or at least that's what I've been hearing people say. I wonder when TY and prelim invites will start rolling out?
Most invites won't come til after 10/1 I think...or at least that's what I've been hearing people say. I wonder when TY and prelim invites will start rolling out?
Yeah. I really hope that i get some invites. Prelim/TY is very competitive.
Yeah I feel that way too since everyone is trying to get those TY programs...Yeah. I really hope that i get some invites. Prelim/TY is very competitive.
Yeah I feel that way too since everyone is trying to get those TY programs...
I agree. I would be happy with prelim surgery if get some
I agree. I would be happy with prelim surgery if get some
No iv so far. Reject from upmc
Are you IMG?No iv so far. Reject from upmc
Are you IMG?
@GrandBuckeyeOH91 Yeah. Old IMG, rad residency in home country, step 1 > 250; step 2 > 260
Is there anyone couple matching here? I am couple matching with my wife who is applying for anaesthesiology
Are you US IMG or FMG, may you share scores and experience.Invite: U Miami at Jackson Memorial Hospital
Rejection: UPMC
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Stay positive the invites will come!!@GrandBuckeyeOH91 Yeah. Old IMG, rad residency in home country, step 1 > 250; step 2 > 260
Stay positive the invites will come!!
Thanks. How many prelim/TY programs have you applied?Stay positive the invites will come!!
P.S. Ignore the above message from "aaroo". Its is my wife's account and she is applying for anesthesia, We are using the same macbook and I logged in by mistake.
I applied 15 TY and 10 preliminary med programs. Some of my rads programs are categorical (don't remember how many)Thanks. How many prelim/TY programs have you applied?
P.S. Ignore the above message from "aaroo". Its is my wife's account and she is applying for anesthesia, We are using the same macbook and I logged in by mistake.
Are you IMG / FMG ?Most invites won't come til after 10/1 I think...or at least that's what I've been hearing people say. I wonder when TY and prelim invites will start rolling out?
U.S. allopathic lolAre you IMG / FMG ?
I love the tranquillity of your response with the "lol".U.S. allopathic lol
Are you a resident already ?
Nope, just applied like everyone else! I just haven't been posting my interview invites on here.I love the tranquillity of your response with the "lol".
Are you a resident already ?
I'm anxious just like everyone else is!I love the tranquillity of your response with the "lol".
Are you a resident already ?
Nope, just applied like everyone else! I just haven't been posting my interview invites on here.
Thanks for not getting everyone tensed. Let us know how the ivs go..
Last edited:
It seems like the other IMG students have gotten interviews too so don't worry!Thanks for not getting everyone tensed. Let us know how the ivs go..
I haven't 🙁It seems like the other IMG students have gotten interviews too so don't worry!
How many programs did you apply to? And what kind of programs?I haven't 🙁
I basically applied to every program than sponsor a visa and have received IMG ... About 142 rads programs and 100 prelimsHow many programs did you apply to? And what kind of programs?
I haven't too. Probably caribbean IMG's have got ivs and not other FMGsIt seems like the other IMG students have gotten interviews too so don't worry!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Probably will start rolling in after Oct 1!I haven't too. Probably caribbean IMG's have got ivs and not other FMGs
Congrats! Told you haha sometimes it just takes them a while to review all the apps...it's been a week since we applied so I would expect them to be coming out now..more than last week.I got my 1st interview invitation at El paso
thanks ! best wishes for you too !Congrats! Told you haha sometimes it just takes them a while to review all the apps...it's been a week since we applied so I would expect them to be coming out now..more than last week.
Congrats. I did not apply there so i am still waiting for my first IV. Will update if i get something.I got my 1st interview invitation at El paso
congrats.. None here so far..I got my 1st interview invitation at El paso
I got my 1st interview invitation at El paso
Strong stats?
Anyone here got a interview ? It is really silent
I have 2 so far. 1 at U Miami at Jackson Memorial and 1 at SJMO, MI.
US IMG, Step 1 238, Step 2 CK 251, CS pass, all 1st attempt, good clinical grades, no research.
Any other imgs have invites so far?
Are you a Caribbean graduate?
Current MS4 from Caribbean school. Not a graduate.
Thanks for sharing invites. Just making sure what kind of applicants these programs are inviting.
I have 2 so far. 1 at U Miami at Jackson Memorial and 1 at SJMO, MI.
US IMG, Step 1 238, Step 2 CK 251, CS pass, all 1st attempt, good clinical grades, no research.
Congrats
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
NON US - IMG (Also knows as FMG).
2014-Dec YOG.
Step 1: 243
CK: 238
CS: pass 1st attempt
Step 3: 234
1 paper published about malaria (as co-author).
1 paper submitted to a neuroscience journal (brain MRI related, as co-author).
A few abstracts in ASNR meeting (I didn't present them).
4 months observership in a university hospital
Only one interview at El paso
2014-Dec YOG.
Step 1: 243
CK: 238
CS: pass 1st attempt
Step 3: 234
1 paper published about malaria (as co-author).
1 paper submitted to a neuroscience journal (brain MRI related, as co-author).
A few abstracts in ASNR meeting (I didn't present them).
4 months observership in a university hospital
Only one interview at El paso
St. Joes, Mercy-Okland? I didnt know they already sent out invites. congratz! Any connection to them?I have 2 so far. 1 at U Miami at Jackson Memorial and 1 at SJMO, MI.
US IMG, Step 1 238, Step 2 CK 251, CS pass, all 1st attempt, good clinical grades, no research.
Any other imgs have invites so far?
Huh, interesting! Also didn't know they had sent out interviews. I personally am a DO applicant who has a connection to the St. Joseph Mercy system... it's well known that the SJMO program is very friendly to IMG/FMGs.St. Joes, Mercy-Okland? I didnt know they already sent out invites. congratz! Any connection to them?
Hello. US-IMG MS4 here.
Step 1: 236
Step 2: 219
CS: Passed
All 1st attempt, no research, good grades.
Interviews:
SJMO in MI.
Staten Island University Hospital (Northwell) in NY.
Richmond University Medical Center in Staten Island, NY.
Update:
Received interviews invitations from:
SUNY Upstate.
Morristown Med Ctr.
Maimonides in Brooklyn.
Rutgers in Newark.
Allegheny in Pittsburgh.
I received most of the invitations around Nov-December. So for those who see this post next year, don't feel overwhelmed if you have not received any invitations during September/October when most applications are initially reviewed.
Step 1: 236
Step 2: 219
CS: Passed
All 1st attempt, no research, good grades.
Interviews:
SJMO in MI.
Staten Island University Hospital (Northwell) in NY.
Richmond University Medical Center in Staten Island, NY.
Update:
Received interviews invitations from:
SUNY Upstate.
Morristown Med Ctr.
Maimonides in Brooklyn.
Rutgers in Newark.
Allegheny in Pittsburgh.
I received most of the invitations around Nov-December. So for those who see this post next year, don't feel overwhelmed if you have not received any invitations during September/October when most applications are initially reviewed.
Last edited:
Congrats! What is your year of graduation?Hello. US-IMG MS4 here:
Step 1: 236
Step 2: 219
CS: Passed
All 1st attempt, no research, good grades.
Interviews:
SJMO in MI.
Staten Island University Hospital (Northwell) in NY.
Richmond University Medical Center in Staten Island, NY.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 1K