2023-2024 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Seton Hill)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator once the secondary prompt has been posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
are you talking about the supplemental or the actual 2/invite to interview?
got an actual interview invite scheduled for 8/2. but im a PA applying to the APAP 3 year program so maybe thats why I got it earlier? not sure. The email is defintely not catered to the APAP program it says at the bottom Ill also be contacted seperately for that and need to complete a seperate interview with the director of that program.

Reactions: 1 user
II OOS (with ties to Pittsburgh), complete 6/30

Does anyone have the link for the 8/2 information session? I wasn't emailed it and sent a follow up email - super stressed oof.

II received today OOS. This asynchronous video interview is a little odd to me. Do any other schools do this?? Is there an actual in person interview for further selection or is it just this one asynchronous interview?

Just got my link for my info session this Wednesday. I guess the interview is already over… lol confusing process

Does anyone know if it's possible to get accepted to Seton Hill if my interview invite was from Erie?

Also, does Seton Hill only do PBL? Do they have cadaver labs?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if it's possible to get accepted to Seton Hill if my interview invite was from Erie?

I believe they only do PBL. When I was on the WL there a few cycles ago that’s all that was offered there. As for the cadaver lab, I don’t think they have human cadavers but they have some sort of virtual alternative if I remember correctly.

Yeah you get the opportunity to rank the campuses and pathways after your informational session. Honestly seems like what campus you get the interview invite from doesn’t really matter all that much. Besides brandenton which is completely separate

IS II today. Honestly have no idea when I was complete bc I accidentally submitted twice.

Is it weird that I got interview invites to both Erie and Seton Hill?

II yesterday 9/1 for Seton Hill. Submitted 8/11 and under review 8/24. Ranked Seton Hill first. OOS no ties but interviewed at LECOM 2 cycles ago at Elmira and was wait-listed.

Does anyone know how long these info sessions are? It only gave the start time

II yesterday 9/1 for Seton Hill. Submitted 8/11 and under review 8/24. Ranked Seton Hill first. OOS no ties but interviewed at LECOM 2 cycles ago at Elmira and was wait-listed.

Does anyone know how long these info sessions are? It only gave the start time
Just had one today. You could log on at 9:30 to chat with other applicants but the set start was 10. It was scheduled to end at 12:30 and went a few minutes over. Congrats!

Just had one today. You could log on at 9:30 to chat with other applicants but the set start was 10. It was scheduled to end at 12:30 and went a few minutes over. Congrats!
Congrats to you as well and thank you so much for the information!

I also had my info session on 09/06 and opted for regular decision, I guess we find out on Nov. 15?

I know Erie has sent out acceptances. Has anyone gotten the A from Seton Hill yet??

I also had my info session on 09/06 and opted for regular decision, I guess we find out on Nov. 15?
"Should you request a deferment of notification of your application, you will not receive notification of your application status until after November 15, 2023." per the Early Decision form. Looks like you'll hear back any time after the 15th. I would imagine with interviewing so early you will be in the first round of decisions that goes out.

where do you submit the interview, I got invited for one but I have not gotten any additional info?

where do you submit the interview, I got invited for one but I have not gotten any additional info?
You'll receive a separate email that has the actual link that you click on to submit the recorded interview. If it's been a week since you received an invite to complete the recorded interview then I'd reach out to LECOM. For some reason I never received the interview link so they had to re-send it to me.

I believe they only do PBL. When I was on the WL there a few cycles ago that’s all that was offered there. As for the cadaver lab, I don’t think they have human cadavers but they have some sort of virtual alternative if I remember correctly.
yeah I had the zoom info meeting 9/6 & that's what was conveyed: Seton only has PBL and they do NOT have an in-person cadaver lab.

got an actual interview invite scheduled for 8/2. but im a PA applying to the APAP 3 year program so maybe thats why I got it earlier? not sure. The email is defintely not catered to the APAP program it says at the bottom Ill also be contacted seperately for that and need to complete a seperate interview with the director of that program.
You're the only other applicant to the LECOM APAP program that I've encountered so far. My 9/6 zoom info session had ~40 applicants and when asked if anyone was a PA I was the only one who raised their hand lol. I've finished everything (folder items have even been marked as all complete) but am just waiting to complete my interview with Dr. Thomas, director of the APAP program. Any insight on what that interview looks like if you've already had it? I opted for early decision.

Applied to LECOM Erie. Interviewed and attended Info Session. Status reads “Thanks for interviewing and will be notified when committee makes decision.” Yet, my file folder indicates several unreceived credits/letters/secondary app. Is this a system lag/error? AACOMAS app denotes verified apps, evaluations completed and transcripts arrived. Asking for ED while now I’m worried there’s missing info on the LECOM side. Any advice?

Applied to LECOM Erie. Interviewed and attended Info Session. Status reads “Thanks for interviewing and will be notified when committee makes decision.” Yet, my file folder indicates several unreceived credits/letters/secondary app. Is this a system lag/error? AACOMAS app denotes verified apps, evaluations completed and transcripts arrived. Asking for ED while now I’m worried there’s missing info on the LECOM side. Any advice?

Contact the school. I submitted AACOMAS app 5/27, supp app 6/21-ish, had zoom info session 9/6, and my folder items weren’t verified as received until 9/12.

You're the only other applicant to the LECOM APAP program that I've encountered so far. My 9/6 zoom info session had ~40 applicants and when asked if anyone was a PA I was the only one who raised their hand lol. I've finished everything (folder items have even been marked as all complete) but am just waiting to complete my interview with Dr. Thomas, director of the APAP program. Any insight on what that interview looks like if you've already had it? I opted for early decision.
hey yeah still havent heard a thing from anyone since my interview 8/2. have not spoke to dr. thompson. really not sure why this takes so long if were legit like the only applicants for it lol

Reactions: 1 users
RIP to my video interview lol. Such simple questions and I still managed to stutter and not give clear and concise answers. Felt like I said the same thing over and over.
Im sure you did better than you think. stay positive!
planning on doing mine this week. Are u attending the info session 9/27?

Anyone having issues contacting the admissions department? I had my informational session on 9/06 and nothing on my file has been marked as received. I emailed admissions already about a week ago and haven't heard anything back yet.

Anyone having issues contacting the admissions department? I had my informational session on 9/06 and nothing on my file has been marked as received. I emailed admissions already about a week ago and haven't heard anything back yet.
Hello!! I am in the same boat! My informational session was on the 6th of September as well and nothing has changed since then…. Do you see the “Thank you for interviewing” message on the admissions tab?

Hello!! I am in the same boat! My informational session was on the 6th of September as well and nothing has changed since then…. Do you see the “Thank you for interviewing” message on the admissions tab?
Yep! I keep checking everyday and nothing has changed lol

Reactions: 3 users
They sent me an email for this “on day campus”. Is this a sign of being accepted? LOL! My info session was on Sep 6.

My info session was also Sep 6, but I opted for regular or deferred decision, kind of regret that now.

FYI I wouldn’t worry too much about that. I contacted Andrea beers about my folder items being marked with a red x and she said it was fine and I had everything. I’m now accepted, and the folder still is all x’s

Reactions: 3 users
FYI I wouldn’t worry too much about that. I contacted Andrea beers about my folder items being marked with a red x and she said it was fine and I had everything. I’m now accepted, and the folder still is all x’s

Andrea is so helpful !!! I love her lolol.

Hi! Just wondering, were you accepted to the Seton Hill campus or a different one?

I know Erie has sent out acceptances. Has anyone gotten the A from Seton Hill yet??

I just got the 14-day message today and I interviewed for SH for the APAP pathway, so I’m assuming either an A or WL based on others’ responses.

I just got the 14-day message today and I interviewed for SH for the APAP pathway, so I’m assuming either an A or WL based on others’ responses.
what do you mean by 14 day message. Also I have not heard anything from the APAP people they like consistently have ignored my emails for months.

what do you mean by 14 day message. Also I have not heard anything from the APAP people they like consistently have ignored my emails for months.

I’m sorry they’ve been ignoring you but honestly kinda relieved that you’re in the same boat. I’ve emailed [email protected] (or whatever the email is) no less than four times over the past 3 months and still haven’t heard back. Andrea the admissions rep has assured me that I’m on the APAP list but their radio silence has me concerned and a tad frustrated. I still haven’t interviewed with Dr Thomas the APAP director, which I thought was required. I’ve only done the asynchronous interview and zoom session. I also opted for ED.

Yesterday my admission status on my LECOM portal changed to “the admissions committee has made a decision on your app. You’ll received a letter in the mail within 14 days.”

Just got the A! Zoom session 9/6. Applied ED APAP pathway.

Reactions: 4 users