2017-2018 Marshall University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So it seems Marshall doesn't review OOS until later in the cycle. Would I still be at a huge disadvantage if I were to add them to AMCAS now? Bordering state.

Go for it. No huge disadvantage... probably no disadvantage at all.

So it seems Marshall doesn't review OOS until later in the cycle. Would I still be at a huge disadvantage if I were to add them to AMCAS now? Bordering state.

They don't review OOS until December, and interviews follow in Jan/Feb. So, go for it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Members don't see this ad :)
If you will be here tomorrow at Marshall, just wanted to constrain you--please, please, do not be nervous at all. This will likely be your most chill interview of the entire season. Look forward to meeting you! Take some deep breaths, try to sleep. It will be a great day!

Reactions: 1 user
In state - I think someone posted earlier on the thread that they do in state people first?? Not positive though.
Yup, their website says they don't start reviewing OOS applicants until December anyway.

II, In-state. Dates in November and December.

How does one go about withdrawing their application from Marshall? Who do I e-mail to do this?

Accepted this evening! Call from Cindy Warren at like 7:30pm.

Congrats!!! How long did it take for the decision? Also, what was the interview like?

They gave us a date at the interview for when we would most likely hear back about decisions (which was yesterday) and the turnaround time for my interview was fast... like 9 days from interview to acceptance.

The interview was super chill. They start with a Q&A session with the dean of the school and some other key people so come prepared with questions. Then you get right in to the interviews - two interviews with faculty around 30 mins each. You also get a chance to talk to current students. Afterwards, they take you on a tour. It's super personable, and was a really pleasant morning.[/QUOTE]

Does anyone know how many OOS students they interview?

OOS interview invite today. From a border state + strong ties to WV. Dates are mostly Saturdays in January. Was complete in July... Annyone else? The II was an email from C. Warren and stated that about 15 nonresidents would be selected...

OOS interview invite today. From a border state + strong ties to WV. Dates are mostly Saturdays in January. Was complete in July... Annyone else? The II was an email from C. Warren and stated that about 15 nonresidents would be selected...

I emailed Me. Warren about a date a few hours ago and haven' received confirmation yet.. you?

Also got an II today as OOS border state. Complete late July. Email received around 6pm eastern. Also given Saturdays in January.