2017-2018 Marshall University

Started by Lucca
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think there may be a second look on alt list first couple weeks of April


Just to clarify, are you saying that they will revisit the waitlist applications in early April, or that there is a second look event where they invite students back to visit the school?

If the former, what makes you at that?
 
Just to clarify, are you saying that they will revisit the waitlist applications in early April, or that there is a second look event where they invite students back to visit the school?

If the former, what makes you at that?
They are reviewing applicants on the alternate list (assuming there are spots available) and sending out acceptances. I spoke to Cindy
 
Last edited:
giphy.gif
 
Spoke with her. She said they had some opening from this week and will be meeting to discuss filling those slots next week on whatever date they meet.[/QUOTEt
Spoke with her. She said they had some opening from this week and will be meeting to discuss filling those slots next week on whatever date they meet.

Thanks for sharing. Good luck to you, and us all!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
We must have a decent portion of the WL on this website. Is it not moving or are we just not the ones being taken?

Usually I have a lot of patience.... sorry for venting; but also a serious question.
 
I just got accepted to another MD school, but im still on the wait list for Marshall and would prefer to go here.

Send Marshall an update. Leveraging another acceptance to a similar ranked school is common practice and schools like to know that they are your preference even though you have other acceptances. Helps a letter of intent actually hold weight.
 
Send Marshall an update. Leveraging another acceptance to a similar ranked school is common practice and schools like to know that they are your preference even though you have other acceptances. Helps a letter of intent actually hold weight.

I tried it, but doesn't look like it is happening. Oh well. MD behind my name either way.
 
I tried it, but doesn't look like it is happening. Oh well. MD behind my name either way.

Congratulations, man!

But as for Marshall, it seems like we might still have a chance. ...WL seems to have just started moving and it usually takes them a while to make those decisions.
 
Congratulations, man!

But as for Marshall, it seems like we might still have a chance. ...WL seems to have just started moving and it usually takes them a while to make those decisions.

I talked to them earlier this week. I was told the class was completely full, with them still having 30+ people on the wait list.
 
Withdrawing from WL. The other MD school I got into starts next week. And once I get there I'm not gonna break my lease and pack all my stuff up again to go to WV.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad