General Admissions & OTCAS 2017-2018 MOT Texas applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ah congrats :) mine is University of Pittsburgh
Congrats to you as well! But regardless, I feel your pain... I figured that a deposit would be a good chunk of change, but I never imagined that. It definitely makes this process all the more stressful, especially if the other schools in which you are interviewing at would be a better fit based on individual circumstances.

Members don't see this ad :)
That is so cool you get to be part of the process. I am interviewing at TWU Houston Jan 10 at 11:30 am. Let me know if you have any tips at all or insight into the program that could be useful, I welcome any advice:) TWU houston is my first choice and will be my second interview so I am trying to prepare the best I can. Thanks!
I don't know anything about my role or the process yet. But you're welcome to keep in touch with me on my profile page. Definitely just be yourself. I don't think they're looking for anything in particular. The professors admit they don't think the interview matters to determine if you'll be a good student. So just show your personality and stand out.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi guys,
I just finished my interview with UTHSCSA. We are the first batch of 40 people to interview and they said that there's another 40 on January.
First, part is the faculty and program introduction. They clarified that this year will be the approved doctorate program.
I was in group B, so we did the group activity first with the OT students. The second part was a group interview. For the last part we all had to answer a 10-minute writing prompt.
My overall experience was very positive.Just be yourself and don't over think things.
Good luck !!!

I interviewed at Tech on 12/2, and I just got my admissions offer today!

Reactions: 1 users
I just discovered this thread, and I am so happy about it! I also applied to TWU and I have an interview January 10th in Denton, at 2:30pm. Can anyone mention who's interviewed at all, give some specific questions that were asked at their interviews? That would be much appreciated.

I just discovered this thread, and I am so happy about it! I also applied to TWU and I have an interview January 10th in Denton, at 2:30pm. Can anyone mention who's interviewed at all, give some specific questions that were asked at their interviews? That would be much appreciated.
Do you know how many they are accepting at each campus? and how many they are interviewing?

Hi y'all, just revieved and invite to an interview at TWU Denton for January 10th at 2:30. Anyone else at this time?
Excited but nervous, this is my first time applying so I dont know what to expect!

Here are my stats
University: University of Arkansas
Major: Kinesiology
Overall GPA: 3.84
Last 60 GPA: 4.0
Pre-Req GPA: 4.0
GRE: 147 V, 149 Q, Writing 4
Employment/Extra-Curric:
-
Played soccer 4 years at the U of A
Observation: (72 hours)
-
45 hours skilled nursing facility
-2 hours elementary school
-25 hours pediatrics
Volunteer: (250 hours)
- Volunteering around Fayettteville (special needs olympics, veterans hospital, schools...etc)
- Mission work at an orphanage in Guatemala
LOR: 1 OT, 1 advisor, 1 Professor, 1 former Coach
Awards:
College- Dean's List and Chancellor's List, SEC Honor Roll all years
Applied: Texas Women’s University (Denton), Texas Tech, KU

Acceptances:
Rejections:
Waitlisted: KU
Interviews: TWU

I am also at this time next Wednesday! Nervous as well, but its their first time doing the interview process in awhile so hopefully won't be too scary!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I am also at this time next Wednesday! Nervous as well, but its their first time doing the interview process in awhile so hopefully won't be too scary!
I am also interviewing at that time. Any idea on how many they are interviewing? I know they are accepting around 43 per campus

I have a question for others interviewing at UTMB. On the UTMB website, it says that an essay is required as part of the interview process, but I can't find anything about it in the email. Do you think they're still going to require an essay this year?

I have a question for others interviewing at UTMB. On the UTMB website, it says that an essay is required as part of the interview process, but I can't find anything about it in the email. Do you think they're still going to require an essay this year?
At the open house, I was told they do not require an essay. Instead, they refer to the essay portion of the GRE test.

Reactions: 2 users
I interviewed with Tech on December 8th and just got the email that I was chosen for an alternate position a few days ago. I'm a little dissapointed but hopeful that I will get taken off the wait list. I have an interview with TWU on January 10th at the Denton campus at 9 am. I'm nervous but excited! Does anyone know how many people they're interviewing this year across all 3 campuses?

How is everyone preparing for the TWU interview this week? Mine is on Thursday and I'm super nervous!!!

How is everyone preparing for the TWU interview this week? Mine is on Thursday and I'm super nervous!!!
I'm super nervous as well! I already had one interview at Tech and the interview for TWU seems to be set up the same way as Tech was except with the writing portion added in. For the individual interview portion at Tech, I was asked three questions so I'm just stressed because I am not sure how many questions TWU is going to ask and I have no idea what type of questions they are going to ask so I'm freaking out a little bit! I'm hoping that since this is the first year that they are bringing interviews back that it will be pretty laid back. Good luck to you!

Im pretty nervous as well! My interview is Wednesday in Denton. Im just trying to be prepared with essential questions I feel they may ask, such as Why I chose Occupational therapy, why would I be an asset to the program, a scenario question regarding patients, etc. Hopefully it is more laid back though. Personally I know I do better in individual interviews than I go in group interviews.

Im pretty nervous as well! My interview is Wednesday in Denton. Im just trying to be prepared with essential questions I feel they may ask, such as Why I chose Occupational therapy, why would I be an asset to the program, a scenario question regarding patients, etc. Hopefully it is more laid back though. Personally I know I do better in individual interviews than I go in group interviews.

I am interviewing on Wednesday in Denton as well. Im just going over some basic questions that I think may be asked. I really have no idea what to expect and am also nervous about what the writing prompts will consist of.

I'm super nervous as well! I already had one interview at Tech and the interview for TWU seems to be set up the same way as Tech was except with the writing portion added in. For the individual interview portion at Tech, I was asked three questions so I'm just stressed because I am not sure how many questions TWU is going to ask and I have no idea what type of questions they are going to ask so I'm freaking out a little bit! I'm hoping that since this is the first year that they are bringing interviews back that it will be pretty laid back. Good luck to you!

Looks like we are interviewing with the same group.

I interviewed with Tech on December 8th and just got the email that I was chosen for an alternate position a few days ago. I'm a little dissapointed but hopeful that I will get taken off the wait list. I have an interview with TWU on January 10th at the Denton campus at 9 am. I'm nervous but excited! Does anyone know how many people they're interviewing this year across all 3 campuses?
I was also put on the alternate list. A few people that I know were as well. It seems like a lot of people are alternates. It is disappointing, however atleast we have another shot at TWU! My interview is on the 11th at the Houston campus. I am extremely excited/nervous and very curious about the writing prompt. Please let us know how your interview went and any tips would be much appreciated. Best of luck to you!!! You got this!!!

I feel like it's going to be just the typical question for the most part like why OT, tell me about yourself and one or two odd ones. At least that is the reoccurring questions on the past two interviews that I've had. Keep positive guys! Let's hope for the best.

Good luck to everyone interviewing with TWU the next few days! Hope it is a successful interview for us all :)

Reactions: 6 users
I might be jumping the gun lol but has anyone heard anything from UTHSCSA?
Also, is anyone interviewing w/ TXTECH Jan 19th? I'm going in at 12pm

I haven’t heard anything from UTHSCSA yet...but they said 7-10 days from last Friday (Jan 5) so we may still have a bit of time! When did you interview?

I had my interview at UTHSCSA on December 19 and still hasn't heard anything yet. I had my interview at TXTech on December 8, and got an email just a few days ago that I'm an alternate.

Just received an email from UTHSCSA! I'm an alternate :(

I haven’t heard anything from UTHSCSA yet...but they said 7-10 days from last Friday (Jan 5) so we may still have a bit of time! When did you interview?
Hey! I interviewed Dec. 19th. And I just got the word I'm an alternate also :/
Still trying to keep my head up! Hope you can do the same!

Hey, I actually observed a UTMB grad and he mentioned an essay. It would surprise me if they did away with it. From what he said it's usually an ethics prompt.

AustinOT, any suggestions interviewing for Tech???

The Tech interview was pretty laid back and everyone there was really nice. When you first get there, you meet in this auditorium, and they tell you a little bit about the program. Then, they split everyone up into a couple of groups to do a short project while faculty observes you. After that, half of the people go on a tour and half of the people interview. When you do the interview, it's with three different people. Each person asks you one question, you have a set amount of time to respond to it and chat with that faculty member, and then they rotate and the next person asks you a question. The questions were pretty standard-- there was nothing that really surprised me or that I wasn't able to answer.

Has anyone heard anything about what to expect at the UTMB interview? I'm interviewing this Friday and am super nervous. I haven't been able to find much on the forums so far.

I know many of you have applied, interviewed and have been accepted into the MOT program at the TTUHSC. Would anyone of you be interested in starting up a Facebook group for those accepted to aid in the search for roommates and get to know each other better?

I know many of you have applied, interviewed and have been accepted into the MOT program at the TTUHSC. Would anyone of you be interested in starting up a Facebook group for those accepted to aid in the search for roommates and get to know each other better?

Hey, I have accepted my admission to TTUHSC! We actually have another thread going for those who have been accepted. However, I am definitely interested in started a facebook group for roommates and whatnot so let me know how you want to go about doing this!

I'm interested also!

Hey, I have accepted my admission to TTUHSC! We actually have another thread going for those who have been accepted. However, I am definitely interested in started a facebook group for roommates and whatnot so let me know how you want to go about doing this!
Just search "TTUHSC MOT Class of 2020" and request to join!

For those who interviewed at TWU - did they let you know about when we should be hearing back from them on decisions? We were told that there is a decision date but she couldn’t remember it at the time

For those who interviewed at TWU - did they let you know about when we should be hearing back from them on decisions? We were told that there is a decision date but she couldn’t remember it at the time
February 1!

Reactions: 6 users
Hey I'm interviewing with tech tomorrow any advice???

Hey I'm interviewing with tech tomorrow any advice???

Hey, best of luck today! The interview was really not that bad at all. Very general questions and the professors made you feel very comfortable answering them. Know exactly why you want to be an OT and really show how much passion you have for the profession. Use your occupational therapy experiences to your advantage and show your interest in their program and the features it has to offer. Bring a notebook to write down your questions so you can ask them at the end of the interview. The format of the interview was an introduction of their program, a group assignment (Nothing to worry about! Just work together and be very vocal), a tour and finally the individual interview with questions at the end. Be yourself and relax because I usually stress about interviews and they made it very easy! Good luck!

Good luck to everyone interviewing at UTMB today! :)

Reactions: 2 users
February 1!
By the way, we were told February 1st at the Denton campus interviews, not sure what was said at other campuses. Anyone who had an interview at Dallas or Houston - feel free to verify this for others who also interviewed there.

Would anyone be willing to share any insight on how the UTMB interview went? Was it stressful or more laid back? Anything that caught you off guard? I interview this Friday and I am so nervous!!