General Admissions & OTCAS 2017-2018 MOT Texas applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got accepted into TWU Denton too! I'll be accepting the recommendation :soexcited:
I got accepted to TWU Denton as well and accepted the recommendation today. Looks like we will be classmates! I can't wait until classes start in the fall :)

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone started a FB page yet for the people attending TWU Denton in the Fall?

Has anyone started a FB page yet for the people attending TWU Denton in the Fall?

No, but I definitely think we should! Also, does anyone know when classes start? I though May but it says fall?

Members don't see this ad :)
No, but I definitely think we should! Also, does anyone know when classes start? I though May but it says fall?

Classes begin in August for all 3 campuses. You'll only have one summer session before Fieldwork II. That summer session will be the beginning of your second year (summer 2019). I'm a current student at TWU Houston.

Reactions: 1 user
Okay so I just start a page for us " TWU Denton MOT Class of 2020"
If anyone else wants to be an admin or anything just let me know, I just wanted to start it so people could start meeting each other!

Reactions: 1 users
If anyone else wants to be an admin or anything just let me know, I just wanted to start it so people could start meeting each other!

Thanks for doing that. I couldn’t find it but it may just take a while for it to become active

I requested to join. My name’s Katie Pate!

Thanks for doing that. I couldn’t find it but it may just take a while for it to become active
I tried to find it as well but no luck :( Can someone attach the link? It would be greatly appreciated :)

Anyone who is planning on attending UTHSCSA heard of a Facebook group or thread? /// looking for roommates/places to live??
Hi I am a current MOT student at UT Health San Antonio. I was wondering if your class has made a Facebook page? I am trying to get in contact with y'all but the department just told me that yall wont have your school emails until march. So if you have a FB page set up let me know. Also congrats on all of y'all accepted to UT Health San Antonio!! so excited to meet you all !!

for those going to UTMB, how do you access your UTMB email?? I can’t find how to set up my email. The only thing I have is my USER ID for mystar! I’d appreciate any feedback!

for those going to UTMB, how do you access your UTMB email?? I can’t find how to set up my email. The only thing I have is my USER ID for mystar! I’d appreciate any feedback!

I think that we get an email after we accept with info on how to set up the school email. It said like 24-72 hours after we accept, so hopefully by next week!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys. I put together a FB group for everyone accepted to TWU Houston. I've never done this before, so please let me know if you run into any issues!

Reactions: 3 users
I tried to find it as well but no luck :( Can someone attach the link? It would be greatly appreciated :)

It won't let me post a link for some reason but you can add me as a friend and then I can put you in there. My name is Reid Sibley.

It won't let me post a link for some reason but you can add me as a friend and then I can put you in there. My name is Reid Sibley.
Thankyou, I found out! I just requested to join it.

Did you get an email called Application Communication #5? I got my email the day after I accepted my spot. You can log into your email once they email you your UTMB-USERS-M Account ID. You have to call the services desk to get your password.

Did you get an email called Application Communication #5? I got my email the day after I accepted my spot. You can log into your email once they email you your UTMB-USERS-M Account ID. You have to call the services desk to get your password.
I didn't get that email yet, but I also didn't accept until pretty late on Thursday. Did you accept earlier in the day? Was it from the enrollment services email?

I didn't get that email yet, but I also didn't accept until pretty late on Thursday. Did you accept earlier in the day? Was it from the enrollment services email?
I accepted Wednesday and got the email Thursday. And yes it is from the enrollment services email.

Hi guys, I am new but I was accepted into UTMB!!! Anyone want to start a Facebook page?

Hey!! Congrats about UTMB!! I was accepted also... do you know if anyone made a Facebook page?

Hey!! Congrats about UTMB!! I was accepted also... do you know if anyone made a Facebook page?
There is a link on the previous page. :) or you can search on fb “UTMB MOT CLASS OF 2020”

I accepted Friday afternoon, so hopefully I will get something today!! Did it show up in spam or your regular email that you got your acceptance with?

I accepted Friday afternoon, so hopefully I will get something today!! Did it show up in spam or your regular email that you got your acceptance with?
My regular inbox that I got the acceptance letter through. I was checking spam though just in case, and added the enrollment email to my contacts as they suggested.

Hey guys. I put together a FB group for everyone accepted to TWU Houston. I've never done this before, so please let me know if you run into any issues!

I have accepted my spot with Houston and just requested to join the page! My name is Devin :)

Anybody here still waiting for UT El Paso?

Anybody here still waiting for UT El Paso?
Hey! I am! I contacted them and they don't send out invitations till march. So don't worry!

Has anybody been accepted off any waitlists? Particularly TWU?

Hey guys. Good news!!! I just got off the waitlist for UT San Antonio yay!!!! I'm quickly accepting their OTD program. Future classmates hey!

Reactions: 2 users
Hi guys, I am new but I was accepted into UTMB!!! Anyone want to start a Facebook page?
Hey! I am currently on the waitlist for UTMB and holding my breath! Did UTMB give you a deadline to confirm your placement into the Fall 2018 cohort? I was accepted into TWU Houston, but UTMB has always been my first choice.

I think that we get an email after we accept with info on how to set up the school email. It said like 24-72 hours after we accept, so hopefully by next week!
Congratulations on getting in! I am currently on the waitlist for UTMB and holding my breath. Did UTMB give you a deadline to confirm your placement into the Fall 2018 cohort? I was accepted into TWU Houston, but UTMB has always been my first choice.

Is there anyone who has gotten off the waitlist at Tech?

Congratulations on getting in! I am currently on the waitlist for UTMB and holding my breath. Did UTMB give you a deadline to confirm your placement into the Fall 2018 cohort? I was accepted into TWU Houston, but UTMB has always been my first choice.

Thanks! We have to respond by 2/15.

Congratulations! Would you mind sharing your stats please?
Yeah np. GRE score was 154 on both sections with a 4 on writing,
prerequisite GPA: 4.0
Last 60 GPA: 3.6
Overall: Like a 3.35
Hope that helps!

Hey! I am currently on the waitlist for UTMB and holding my breath! Did UTMB give you a deadline to confirm your placement into the Fall 2018 cohort? I was accepted into TWU Houston, but UTMB has always been my first choice.
I'm in the exact same boat as you! Anxiously holding my breath as well, hopefully we'll get good news!

Hey. Does anyone know if there's a Facebook group for UTHSC San Antonio for the incoming summer 2018 class? I'm currently looking for apartments as well. I need help

Yes, we had to confirm by Feb. 15!

Just got accepted off the waitlist at TWU Dallas!!

Hey guys. Good news!!! I just got off the waitlist for UT San Antonio yay!!!! I'm quickly accepting their OTD program. Future classmates hey!
Congrats! Good thing you didn't give up hope! Still waiting on an offer anywhere!

I got another acceptance from TWU - Houston. Yay! Does anybody know how much the deposit is for this school?

Hi everybody,

I’ve been creeping on this forum for a while, but I just decided to make an account. Anyways, I applied to ACU, Tech, TWU, UTEP, UTMB, and St Augustine. I got rejected from tech and utmb and waitlisted at twu Dallas. So far I’m waiting on acu and utep, and got in to St. Augustine! Yay! The only thing is St. Augustine is so expensive! Anyone else on the same boat as me? I feel like not many people talk about St. Augustine on this forum maybe because of the price

Just got accepted off the waitlist at TWU Dallas!!
Do you mind sharing your stats? I’m on the waitlist at twu Dallas and I just wanna know where I fall in within the list! :/

Do you mind sharing your stats? I’m on the waitlist at twu Dallas and I just wanna know where I fall in within the list! :/

Yes absolutely! I was honestly shocked to be accepted off the waitlist. I don’t have the most competitive grades but I did feel like I rocked my interview and my personal statement. Don’t give up hope!
Undergraduate University: Texas A&M University
Cumulative GPA: 3.4
Pre-req GPA: 3.8
GRE: 150 Q, 152 V, 4.0 AW
Observation hours: 145
Work Experience: 2500+ hrs as a Therapy tech in outpatient clinic, acute care and inpatient rehab
References: 1 from Director of Therapy, 1 from OT, and 1 from the CEO of hospital

Yes absolutely! I was honestly shocked to be accepted off the waitlist. I don’t have the most competitive grades but I did feel like I rocked my interview and my personal statement. Don’t give up hope!
Undergraduate University: Texas A&M University
Cumulative GPA: 3.4
Pre-req GPA: 3.8
GRE: 150 Q, 152 V, 4.0 AW
Observation hours: 145
Work Experience: 2500+ hrs as a Therapy tech in outpatient clinic, acute care and inpatient rehab
References: 1 from Director of Therapy, 1 from OT, and 1 from the CEO of hospital
Thanks for sharing! Good luck in OT school! ☺️

I applied to ACU and still waiting on them, and I have an interview for the Flex MOT Program on March 17th at St Augustine!

Hi everybody,

I’ve been creeping on this forum for a while, but I just decided to make an account. Anyways, I applied to ACU, Tech, TWU, UTEP, UTMB, and St Augustine. I got rejected from tech and utmb and waitlisted at twu Dallas. So far I’m waiting on acu and utep, and got in to St. Augustine! Yay! The only thing is St. Augustine is so expensive! Anyone else on the same boat as me? I feel like not many people talk about St. Augustine on this forum maybe because of the price
Hi everybody,