General Admissions & OTCAS 2017-2018 MOT Texas applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Would anyone be willing to share any insight on how the UTMB interview went? Was it stressful or more laid back? Anything that caught you off guard? I interview this Friday and I am so nervous!!
I know that it is impossible to tell you not to be nervous, but it really wasn't that bad. You spend most of your time getting the opportunity to talk to current students and ask any questions that you might have. They are crazy helpful, honest, and outgoing. As for the interview, you will start with a one-on-one with a single staff member. I was asked 5 general questions and had 15 minutes to answer. Nothing crazy that I didn't already expect. After that, you will have a group interview. For mine, there were 5 applicants and 2 staff members. You are given a general question/topic and given time to discuss with one another while the professor's observe. I really think they are mostly looking at how you work in a group here to be honest, not so much assessing your actual answer itself. (But that's my opinion) After that, you have the opportunity to talk to current students again and go on a campus tour if you choose. Everyone was amazing, so try not to stress too much and good luck! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
For those that interviewed at utmb this weekend, how long did the interview last? I am trying to book my flight home for Houston and am looking for a time frame. Thanks in advance!

For those that interviewed at utmb this weekend, how long did the interview last? I am trying to book my flight home for Houston and am looking for a time frame. Thanks in advance!

It took a little over 2 hours.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone else feel like waiting for TWU & UTMB this week is going to make this the slowest week ever??

Reactions: 6 users
Ya'll...let your second options know if you won't be attending.

Sincerely,
Us alternates :laugh:

Reactions: 3 users
Just a heads up, I checked the MyStar UTMB portal thing, and I think the admissions decisions are updated! I'm going to wait till they actually send out an email about it and everything, but just wanted to let y'all know!!

Reactions: 1 user
Just a heads up, I checked the MyStar UTMB portal thing, and I think the admissions decisions are updated! I'm going to wait till they actually send out an email about it and everything, but just wanted to let y'all know!!
Are you seeing something different under the student center?

TWU applicants check your emails!
I’m waitlisted at TWU Dallas.

I just heard from TWU. I’m on the waitlist. I applied to Dallas but they keep refering to Denton in our communications. Does anyone else have that problem?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just heard from TWU. I’m on the waitlist. I applied to Dallas but they keep refering to Denton in our communications. Does anyone else have that problem?
I was waitlisted for Denton as well. Although Dallas was my campus of preference.

I was accepted in TWU Denton. Still can’t believe it. I hope everyone that was waitlisted gets in! I hear that they typically take quite a few from it.

I was waitlisted for Denton as well. Although Dallas was my campus of preference.
Ok...I just emailed someone asking about it. Let’s keep our fingers crossed. Good luck!

I was accepted in TWU Denton. Still can’t believe it. I hope everyone that was waitlisted gets in! I hear that they typically take quite a few from it.
Congratulations!

Ok...I just emailed someone asking about it. Let’s keep our fingers crossed. Good luck!
Good luck to you as well! And yes she did say at the interview that all campuses pull from the waitlist for a good amount of people

I just got an email from TWU Houston. I'm waitlisted . Still no acceptance letter from all five schools in Texas that I applied to. All waitlisted. Even though it's tough I'm trying to be positive.

I just got an email from TWU Houston. I'm waitlisted . Still no acceptance letter from all five schools in Texas that I applied to. All waitlisted. Even though it's tough I'm trying to be positive.
Same here. I’m on the waitlist for everywhere I applied. I’m sure as more people start to accept their first choice and decline elsewhere people will be chosen off the waitlist. Don’t give up hope!

Reactions: 2 users
Try to look at it as a positive. They aren't denials, you still have a chance

Good luck to you as well! And yes she did say at the interview that all campuses pull from the waitlist for a good amount of people
Thank you! I couldn’t help myself, so I went ahead and called her. She switched me over to the Dallas waitlist. She said they were going off of the OTCAS application and it indicated that I chose Denton. But she made the switch anyways and she said it doesn’t affect my chances negatively. You might want to call.

I was accepted there too! Guess we’re classmates, if you accept the recommendation!

I was accepted into TWU Houston, University of Pittsburgh, and not even waitlisted at UTMB. Now it’s time to make those decisions!

Thank you! I couldn’t help myself, so I went ahead and called her. She switched me over to the Dallas waitlist. She said they were going off of the OTCAS application and it indicated that I chose Denton. But she made the switch anyways and she said it doesn’t affect my chances negatively. You might want to call.
I may. I selected the option my application that if my preferred location did not have space I am willing to go to any campus.

I may. I selected the option my application that if my preferred location did not have space I am willing to go to any campus.
Oh ok. I think that actually increases your chances

Denied UTMB (not even waitlisted :(), but accepted to TWU Houston!

Anyone who is planning on attending UTHSCSA heard of a Facebook group or thread? /// looking for roommates/places to live??

I already sent them my acceptance, so maybe so! Do you currently live in Houston?
Not currently, I’ve been in Baton Rouge for the past five years. But I grew up in Houston

Hi guys, I am new but I was accepted into UTMB!!! Anyone want to start a Facebook page?

WHOO. I've already found three classmates, how cool. (': We should uh make a FB page??

I was sent a recommendation for acceptance to TWU houston, is that the same as an acceptance??

Denied UTMB (not even waitlisted :(), but accepted to TWU Houston!
So does a recommendation to accept the same as an acceptance? I Accepted the recommendation offer to TWU houston this morning

Congratulations to all that got in! :claps:Did your email state a deadline for you to accept? Just trying to get an idea how long I might have to wait.

So does a recommendation to accept the same as an acceptance? I Accepted the recommendation offer to TWU houston this morning
From what I can understand, it's basically an offer of acceptance. With so many answers going out today, they want to make sure that they send out official acceptances only to people who are serious about their school. So in other words, yes. I think it's essentially the same as an acceptance, at least I really hope so!

Yes, you were accepted. You'll receive a letter in the mail verifying you accepted the offer.

Reactions: 1 users
Yes, you were accepted. You'll receive a letter in the mail verifying you accepted the offer.
Woohoo!!:soexcited:thanks!! Good luck to everyone else who applied!

Reactions: 1 users
Congratulations to everyone getting in to TWU and UTMB! I was waitlisted for TWU Dallas but I won't be accepting my place on the waitlist