Hey everyone,
I am fairly new to this, and I just wanted to say I am loving the encouraging and supportive vibes. I was wondering if I can get your feedback on my profile.
Background: Hispanic, Male. First gen student from rural and medically underserved area. Fluent in Spanish and English.
Metrics: LizzyM: 65, cUGRD GPA: 3.68, sUGRD GPA: 3.59, cGRAD GPA: 3.9, sGRAD GPA: 4.0 MCAT 1st try: 501, MCAT 2nd try: 506
Volunteering: Did local, national and international service trips, mostly focused on health and human rights. Also did small projects here and there with some volunteer groups.
Clinical Experience: Did two summer internships, one in primary care another in general surgery, also have EMT and WFR cert but never practiced.
Leadership: Was in student government and other University wide councils, have been a board member for two non-profits.
Research: Did a summer of clinical research, also currently doing some for my masters thesis. No lab/bench research though. 🙁
Work Experience: Worked as a tutor and mentor throughout college, also did some lifeguarding. Currently contracted by the state doing health policy work.
Extracurricular: Have been part of many student cultural groups, have also started and help found a few student orgs. Play music, poet, and competed in my men's basketball league.
School List:
Rochester, Columbia, Miami, Dartmouth, Northwestern, Loyola, CU, Ohio, GW, Chapel Hill, UCLA, Wayne State
Thoughts/Concerns: I have already submitted my primary and secondary apps to all the schools (except UCLA, haven't received it yet). I took two years off from undergrad to complete a masters degree. I do feel ready, however, I am concerned about my MCAT since I took it twice and it wasn't much of an improvement. I am considered starting to do some DO applications or maybe just taking another year to study for MCAT and take it a third time. Any thoughts? Much love and positivity everyone.