SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

**2017-2018 URM Medical School Application Thread**

Discussion in 'Underrepresented in Healthcare' started by azolesoul, Apr 18, 2017.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. premedNC27

premedNC27

Aug 4, 2017
    Also, has anyone had any success applying and being accepted with a 500? I've had 5-6 interviews and I'm nervous I'll have to apply again with a higher score.

Kgizzle and FlyMissMD93 like this.
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. drgweeds

drgweeds 2+ Year Member

May 31, 2015
    Received my interview invite to Rush Medical College yesterday. Going to Chicago for the first time in December. Anyone have any tips?

4. DocAfri

DocAfri

Jun 28, 2016
    Hi! Accepted to rush last week. Best advice is to prepare answering the general Qs : why medicine and why Rush. Rush has a really distinctive service orientation that stems from the location - this really allows students to have a diverse experience by training at both Stroger( aka county) and rush medical. My interviews were very relaxed and my cohort was really fun. The group activity is not about choosing a right answer but working well in a team.
    So take it easy and you should be great! Also, be kind, always.

5. atlhelp

atlhelp

Jan 2, 2017
    Checking in on here--CONGRATS to all those with acceptances. I've been feeling so anxious these days waiting to hear back post interviews, and just wanted to send some positive vibes to anyone still waiting on II or acceptances!

6. dr.lenkim

dr.lenkim 2+ Year Member

Nov 6, 2014
    I got accepted with a 501! You got this :)

7. goatmed

goatmed Part time goat

Sep 18, 2017
    Goatopia
    3 acceptances yesterday from Texas! :soexcited:

We're gonna make it y'all!!!

8. Kgizzle

Kgizzle 7+ Year Member

Sep 25, 2010
    Just checking up on this thread... congratulations to all that have been accepted! Proud of every single one of y'all.