SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

2017 Anesthesiology Oral Boards thread

Discussion in 'Anesthesiology' started by MDanesthesia, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Doughy315

Doughy315 5+ Year Member

Jul 22, 2011
    I took mine today. No killing errors but I felt really nervous heading into the exam room. My answer we're too the point but my problem was that I would repeat the question than answer it. I have feeling that this may bite me. Some questions on the postoperative Could have been answered better. I did Jensen and Just oral boards. Well I guess I have to wait 2 weeks.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. manowar rules

manowar rules New Member 10+ Year Member

May 30, 2006
    Yessss...I passed the boars! That test SUCKED. They pressed me on every single answer I gave, more than my mock examiners had done

d9sccr likes this.
  4. xd2005

xd2005 10+ Year Member

Sep 4, 2006
    Just got the good news today too! Anybody else see a $210 credit when registering for MOCA? Should have waited until 2018 or no?

5. timgasman

timgasman

Jun 2, 2016
    I passed not on my first attempt. All I can say is practice, practice, practice. For me it was *link deleted by mod* all the way! However, if you have a good study group together that should help also.

My biggest flaw during my first attempt was practicing with people that don't know what they are talking about. I walked away confused and probably said things I shouldn't have. That's where *link deleted by mod* really helped because here I was practicing with people who know their stuff. But in any case...practice, practice, practice!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2017
  6. Dawkter

Dawkter 5+ Year Member

Sep 1, 2011
    Seeing a lot of recommendations for UBP.

Is this for the online course or the practice sets 1-6?

7. vector2

vector2 ASA Member 10+ Year Member

Dec 26, 2006
    The course is unnecessary if you access to practice with good examiners. Learn the books cold then do as many old exams/ubp stem mocks as you can stomach.

8. FFP

FFP Grunt, cog, body, pompous ass Gold Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Oct 17, 2007
    the opposite pole
    That only means that we have a lot of fake posters. ;)

9. GassmanMD

GassmanMD ASA Member 5+ Year Member

Sep 10, 2011
    I'm not a fake poster and I recommend the 6 booklet UBP PDF borrowed from your co-resident.

manowar rules and Swamp Gas like this.
  10. shewmie

shewmie ASA Member 7+ Year Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    I have UBP books 1-6 available if anyone's interested. PM me for details.