2017 Anesthesiology Oral Boards thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yessss...I passed the boars! That test SUCKED. They pressed me on every single answer I gave, more than my mock examiners had done

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Just got the good news today too! Anybody else see a $210 credit when registering for MOCA? Should have waited until 2018 or no?

Reactions: 1 user
I passed not on my first attempt. All I can say is practice, practice, practice. For me it was *link deleted by mod* all the way! However, if you have a good study group together that should help also.

My biggest flaw during my first attempt was practicing with people that don't know what they are talking about. I walked away confused and probably said things I shouldn't have. That's where *link deleted by mod* really helped because here I was practicing with people who know their stuff. But in any case...practice, practice, practice!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Members don't see this ad :)
Seeing a lot of recommendations for UBP.

Is this for the online course or the practice sets 1-6?

Seeing a lot of recommendations for UBP.

Is this for the online course or the practice sets 1-6?

The course is unnecessary if you access to practice with good examiners. Learn the books cold then do as many old exams/ubp stem mocks as you can stomach.

I'm not a fake poster and I recommend the 6 booklet UBP PDF borrowed from your co-resident.

Reactions: 2 users
Hi guys I just took my oral board, I did well on OSCE but in SoE part, total in 2 stem questions, I had 6-7 wrong answers and total 5 times I said( please move on ) . Do I have chance to pass?!

So in terms of two weeks - if I did the test Wednesday, I should know two Wednesdays from then?

Theoretically.. but last year it was usually three weeks.

I’ve been checking and no portal down for maintenance so for those of us who took it on 3/4 I doubt scores will be released at the two week mark exactly.

Theoretically.. but last year it was usually three weeks.

I’ve been checking and no portal down for maintenance so for those of us who took it on 3/4 I doubt scores will be released at the two week mark exactly.
Nice, another week of trying to think of anything else :D