This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm using my 28 score from September 2014 as well. I'm not retaking that test ever again. :D You could ask but I'm pretty sure we're good to go.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm attending VCOM's grad program next year and im lookin for a female roommate, message me if you know anyone!!
Are you still looking for someone?! or know anyone who is? I was accepted today and have to relocate from Florida in 3 weeks ahhhh!

Hey y'all. Asking a question for a friend. Are there still people that haven't heard? He emailed them last week and he said they haven't made a decision yet. Is this normal?

Hey y'all. Asking a question for a friend. Are there still people that haven't heard? He emailed them last week and he said they haven't made a decision yet. Is this normal?
I just heard yesterday. App complete April. I transferred from DO

Reactions: 1 user
I just heard yesterday. App complete April. I transferred from DO

Got it. Thanks! He was also complete in April. I bet they get back to him soon then.
Anyone know the acceptance percentage for the program?

I am a transfer from DO and i applied late April as well. I got an email today saying that they are still reviewing my application and everyone would have their decision by the end of the next week.

I applied March 13th and my application was complete a day or two after. I was told mine was under review for about two weeks now. I am assuming all the D.O. transfers are getting priority?

Accepted today!!! Anyone looking for a male roommate?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I applied at the same time. i emailed them and they told me that they are still reviewing my application.

Did you already found an apartment @SIGNDOC2500 ?
Yes, I accepted on Tuesday and my parents took the day of work yesterday and we drove up to find a place. I looked at a lot of places, but finally decided on a place in the town next to Blacksburg, Christiansburg. I leased a townhouse there that had been posted on Craigslist and I am really happy with it. Only negative is that it won't be available until August 1, so I will have to stay in a hotel for the 1st week of class. I was able to get much more for my money by looking outside the VCOM area a little and I was able to drive from VCOM to there in 9 minutes. I also paid my deposit in person, so I got to meet Alisa Hewitt.

Good luck! I hope you get in soon. The wait is brutal....

Yes, I accepted on Tuesday and my parents took the day of work yesterday and we drove up to find a place. I looked at a lot of places, but finally decided on a place in the town next to Blacksburg, Christiansburg. I leased a townhouse there that had been posted on Craigslist and I am really happy with it. Only negative is that it won't be available until August 1, so I will have to stay in a hotel for the 1st week of class. I was able to get much more for my money by looking outside the VCOM area a little and I was able to drive from VCOM to there in 9 minutes. I also paid my deposit in person, so I got to meet Alisa Hewitt.

Good luck! I hope you get in soon. The wait is brutal....

Congrats on getting in! I was wondering if you are looking for a roommate?

Lmao still nothing, last time I checked they said they'd be done by the end of the month. I did better on my MCAT than expected I might just skip the program

New poster here! I just got accepted yesterday morning! I applied in April and had my DO application transferred over but hadn't heard back so I assumed it was a no-go and had already spent a good chunk of money on reapplying this year. I have pretty crappy stats to be honest but I am super grateful they are giving me a chance.

I was wondering if someone could give some advice regarding MCAT scores- I currently have a score that does not meet the matriculation requirements and had scheduled to retake it in AZ (current residence) on August 24. I read online that they require scores for consideration by September for the first round of matriculation evaluations or whatever they are called, but am worried now I wont have the dedicated time to finish up studying. I've considered moving dates (AND locations!) to give time to get acclimated to new schedules, location and lifestyle however, I'm worried if I push back the MCAT retake to further down the road (Nov,Dec) that there will be less available seats in the second round of matriculation evaluations. As someone who is already feeling super stressed regarding the 25 days I have to get everything over to Virginia, what would you guys recommend?

Also where can I find information about the Facebook page? I'm currently looking to live solo for now but wanted to at least join to get in touch with people for the start of the year. Also looking into Christiansburg for living but haven't found anything quite yet.

New poster here! I just got accepted yesterday morning! I applied in April and had my DO application transferred over but hadn't heard back so I assumed it was a no-go and had already spent a good chunk of money on reapplying this year. I have pretty crappy stats to be honest but I am super grateful they are giving me a chance.

I was wondering if someone could give some advice regarding MCAT scores- I currently have a score that does not meet the matriculation requirements and had scheduled to retake it in AZ (current residence) on August 24. I read online that they require scores for consideration by September for the first round of matriculation evaluations or whatever they are called, but am worried now I wont have the dedicated time to finish up studying. I've considered moving dates (AND locations!) to give time to get acclimated to new schedules, location and lifestyle however, I'm worried if I push back the MCAT retake to further down the road (Nov,Dec) that there will be less available seats in the second round of matriculation evaluations. As someone who is already feeling super stressed regarding the 25 days I have to get everything over to Virginia, what would you guys recommend?

Also where can I find information about the Facebook page? I'm currently looking to live solo for now but wanted to at least join to get in touch with people for the start of the year. Also looking into Christiansburg for living but haven't found anything quite yet.

You super need to just email them. There is a couple days off given in September for people that still need to take the MCAT which would be weird if they weren't going to accept that for matriculation, but you should get written confirmation from VCOM rather than us.

Facebook Page

Try Craigslist. I was able to get a super nice place in Christiansburg from a listing. More for the same money and it's only a 10 minute drive. good luck!

do you guys think its realistic to strive for a 4.0 in this program.

Hey guys! So my application transferred over to this post bacc program, got an email from VCOM on May 10 telling me about the program and to apply since I apparently got a special deadline extension. I applied, submitted May 19. Called this week to figure out when I'd hear back, told me next week I'd hear. Really crossing my fingers and hoping I'll get on! Stats low, cGPA like a 3.19 and sGPA like a 3.21, from what I remember. MCAT okay at 508. What do y'all think? Also, when do classes officially start? I know it's going to be hectic for me to move (like within 1-2 days I'd have to pack my bags and leave) because I'll actually be out of the country until 7/24 and I know that's when orientation is. Orientation isn't mandatory, is it?

Hey guys! So my application transferred over to this post bacc program, got an email from VCOM on May 10 telling me about the program and to apply since I apparently got a special deadline extension. I applied, submitted May 19. Called this week to figure out when I'd hear back, told me next week I'd hear. Really crossing my fingers and hoping I'll get on! Stats low, cGPA like a 3.19 and sGPA like a 3.21, from what I remember. MCAT okay at 508. What do y'all think? Also, when do classes officially start? I know it's going to be hectic for me to move (like within 1-2 days I'd have to pack my bags and leave) because I'll actually be out of the country until 7/24 and I know that's when orientation is. Orientation isn't mandatory, is it?

Orientation is mandatory.

What are you guys going with for an ISP? It looks like the only two viable options are Xfinity by Comcast and Access Media 3, but both of them are so ****ing expensive compared to where I live. o_O

What are you guys going with for an ISP? It looks like the only two viable options are Xfinity by Comcast and Access Media 3, but both of them are so ****ing expensive compared to where I live. o_O
My apartment complex only lets me get Comcast

My apartment complex only lets me get Comcast

I got a place at the Crossing and they put on a number for Access Media 3, so maybe that's all I can use as well? Still such bad speeds for such high prices. :S

Consider United Healthcare, much cheaper.
So I called today and the lady told me the cheapest one for $2,500 deductible is around $70/mo but it's a fix-indemnity benefit after deductible, meaning there's no percentage like mentioned in the VCOM's health insurance requirement form ("no higher than 30% co-pay with insurance covering 70%"). The short-term one is around $90/mo but it's the same thing. She doesn't know if the school's okay with that. Were you able to buy from them and submit to VCOM without problems? The ones that work with percentages are $300+/mo.

Lmao still nothing, last time I checked they said they'd be done by the end of the month. I did better on my MCAT than expected I might just skip the program
Yeah, so much for hearing back by the end of the month.. Wow, That's good for you!!!

Yeah, so much for hearing back by the end of the month.. Wow, That's good for you!!!
Thanks! I'm on the fence because my stats arent great, not terrible but not great... GPA 3.4 sGPA 3.3... decisions decisions...assuming I get in :p

Thanks! I'm on the fence because my stats arent great, not terrible but not great... GPA 3.4 sGPA 3.3... decisions decisions...assuming I get in :p

Depending on your mcat, I would recommend going ahead and applying. I had a lower GPA than you and got accepted to the 5 DO programs I interviewed at.

I am considering this program for the future. Since this program does not accept federal loans, what payment option is everyone choosing? Thanks! :)

I am considering this program for the future. Since this program does not accept federal loans, what payment option is everyone choosing? Thanks! :)
There are private loans available from Wells Fargo and Sallie Mae.

So I got my 1st speeding ticket a couple of weeks ago. It is so new that I haven't even paid the fine yet. I get an email today from VCOM saying that I didn't notify them and that I need to send a letter immediately explaining why I didn't notify them and a description of the misdemeanor. Also states that this ticket could impact my admissions offer. Really scary letter, and to be honest my stomach is in knots about it. I wasn't trying to hide anything, just an oversight since I've not paid the ticket yet (had to wait on a paycheck to have the money, but I am paying this week). Do you think they will actually rescind my acceptance because of a speeding ticket? If anyone else has had to deal with this, please let me know....I've super nervous about it.

So I got my 1st speeding ticket a couple of weeks ago. It is so new that I haven't even paid the fine yet. I get an email today from VCOM saying that I didn't notify them and that I need to send a letter immediately explaining why I didn't notify them and a description of the misdemeanor. Also states that this ticket could impact my admissions offer. Really scary letter, and to be honest my stomach is in knots about it. I wasn't trying to hide anything, just an oversight since I've not paid the ticket yet (had to wait on a paycheck to have the money, but I am paying this week). Do you think they will actually rescind my acceptance because of a speeding ticket? If anyone else has had to deal with this, please let me know....I've super nervous about it.

Lol you're fine dude. Nobody is getting kicked out over a speeding ticket.

I'm a girl, not a dude;) but it was a really stern letter. And I was caught going 91 in a 70...not enough over to be reckless driving, but I'm sure it still doesn't look good. So you think I'm fine as long as I respond to them?

I'm a girl, not a dude;) but it was a really stern letter. And I was caught going 91 in a 70...not enough over to be reckless driving, but I'm sure it still doesn't look good. So you think I'm fine as long as I respond to them?

Sorry from where I'm at everyone is a dude. :) Yeah I'm sure it's fine, I would be SO surprised to see them jeopardize your future over a speeding ticket.

I assume it came out during background checks. My next question to ask you is why your speeding ticket was classified as a misdemeanor? Is that a mistake? Traffic tickets are usually just basic infractions. They only become misdemeanors if it creates injury/damage to people or property. OR if it creates a fear of injury/damage to people or property. Things like: DUI, Hit and Run, driving without a license, driving without insurance, running through a stop sign, high speed (in excess/reckless driving).

Was your speeding high enough over the limit that it was classified as a reckless driving and a misdemeanor? A normal minor speeding ticket should just be an infraction (and ultimately not bring up major red flags in the background check)

Just saw this. Double check, I know it varies state by state. But in my state anything 20 over the speed limit is considered reckless driving, and actually anything over 80 mph is considered reckless driving as well even if it's not 20 over the posted area's speed limit. (example: going 81 in a 65 would be a reckless driving here). reckless driving in my state is definitely a misdemeanor (class 1 i believe).

Just saw this. Double check, I know it varies state by state. But in my state anything 20 over the speed limit is considered reckless driving, and actually anything over 80 mph is considered reckless driving as well even if it's not 20 over the posted area's speed limit. (example: going 81 in a 65 would be a reckless driving here). reckless driving in my state is definitely a misdemeanor (class 1 i believe).
I'm from TN and anything over 30 mph over limit is reckless driving so I'm good there. And it was just a basic speeding ticket. I had insurance, no accident, no one hurt or damage just speeding. But in TN any moving violation is considered a misdemeanor