2017 TSU: Texas Southern University COPHS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That means another week of constant email checking ahh the stresss lol

Members don't see this ad.

I think acceptance letters will be sent via regular mail.

Not what I was told.. I could have been told wrong though idk

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know whether there will be more interviews or are they done?

I'm pretty sure they are not sending letters by email. They also send them by snail mail. Might want to try calling Mrs. Davis to see if letters were mailed out.

I'm pretty sure they are not sending letters by email. They also send them by snail mail. Might want to try calling Mrs. Davis to see if letters were mailed out.

Man, when I call they won't let me talk to Mrs. Davis. For the past two days they have said she is unavailable.

I just spoke with Mrs. Davis. She said letters haven't been mailed yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
one of my coworkers who's a P3 said they won't get letters out for another month. 2 weeks sounds much better lol

one of my coworkers who's a P3 said they won't get letters out for another month. 2 weeks sounds much better lol

Yes two weeks sounds MUCH better. 1 month?!?!? Omg I bet I'll hear from UH before that!

Does anyone know whether there will be more interviews or are they done?

I am offered to interview by email from Ms. Davis today (10am), so check your email! I hope you have a good news!

Hi can someone give a hint about the maths topic for the interview.Thanks.

Have you not seen the previous post that I put up....when I interviewed last year, we signed a form stating that we weren't going to divulge any information with regards to the math problem...and if we did, we could be kicked out or have our offer of admission rescinded.

Honestly, it's not hard...if you find it hard, you don't belong in pharmacy school. If you think it's ok that someone jeopardizes their spot or risks being kicked out in order to help you, you don't belong in pharmacy school.

Ethics...at some point they should kick in.

Reactions: 1 user

We all had to go through the same thing, not knowing what to expect. All I can say is good luck. If you got an interview, you have already made it this far and the math should not stop you!

I know for a fact I got the math question wrong....

I thought too deeply on it and got the wrong answer, but i showed my work (which ironically, should lead to the right answer. Just foolishly picked another method).

Is the math a very important part of the interview? Or is it just a little bit to keep you entertained/see if you can read?

No word on anything??? It's been a month and some change now!

communicating with TSU is kinda tough but i finally interviewed with TSU on 04/04. does TSU wait until all interviews are done before they start sending out acceptance offers? seems like no one is talking about being accepted.

communicating with TSU is kinda tough but i finally interviewed with TSU on 04/04. does TSU wait until all interviews are done before they start sending out acceptance offers? seems like no one is talking about being accepted.

I guess they wait until everyone has interviewed. I don't think anyone has been accepted yet....

So no one has received acceptance yet? So there has been 4 interview dates ughhh I just want to know already!! Does anyone else feel impatient too?? haha

I want to know too! Lol, patience might be the key. What were the interview dates? I thought there was a bit more than that.

Lol I know I'm normally patient but I guess I'm just excited and then to be let down haha I need to know fast so I can plan ahead. So far what I've read on these threads one was on 2/26, then mine was on 3/6, then people said 3/26 I think and just recent 4/4??

They do seem to be taking longer with the letters this year! I think last year the first batch of letters were already received by this time.

After going to the pharmacy building today, I believe interviews are done. In past years it has went all the way through May. I had my interview in February, this wait is stressfull. Im assuming we won't know until the end of April.

Hi guys, last year the first batch of letters went out the last week of april. Mine was in the in the second (dated 5/7, received 5/11.) Have patience and good luck!

Thanks errreee!.
Does anyone know when the Summer Academy starts?

They'll inform you when it starts later on. Last year, ours began on July 9.

What is the pre-calculus prerequisite? I went to UT Austin and I don't think we have a class like that. I even have 2 calculus classes but I guess that doesn't fulfill it.
I was told if you have taken both cal I & II that you do not need pre-cal.. I would call ms Davis and check with her on that. She is the one who told me that.

I'm not sure if Cal I & II would be enough to suffice for pre-cal. I know last year, those who took up to Cal III were definitely exempt. I took my math at UT as well (M 408C 408D 427K) and was finally able to have her waive the pre-cal after speaking to Ms. Davis numerous times. Perhaps plan on taking the pre-calculus CLEP test as a worst case scenario?

So I've already been accepted by 4 other schools. Then I get an invitation to TSU. Now I don't know if I should even interview because I've heard from everyone that TSU is the lowest of all TX schools. The only thing that's drawing me this school is it's in Houston, my ideal city to live in.

How were y'alls experience interviewing with them and do you see them being a school that employers would want to hire from?

Who have you heard this from? Other pre-pharmacy students? Although the school pride and culture is very different, there are many advantages in going to school at TSU; especially if you wish to secure a job in Houston after you complete the Pharm.D program. Networking is such an important factor, yet many health professional students fail to attain the skills necessary to do this. All this speculation about which school is better are all speculation. You should look at yourself as an individual and see what type of person you are. The school should not mold you into what you will become; it should assist you in bringing out your potential.

With that being said, definitely weigh out your choices and find what works best for you. Every school has their strengths and weaknesses. Our curriculum is very fast paced, and you have the opportunity to gain internships locally. Most importantly, you have the opportunity to network with local pharmacists! I can't stress how important this is.

Majority of the pharmacists I work with at Texas Children's Hospital are all graduates of either UH or TSU. You have good ones, and bad ones. It all depends on your work ethic afterward.

For clinical pharmacy, you may be better off at another program that has more name recognition, which may help you get your foot in the door easier. Regardless, it is what you do during pharmacy school that matters when you apply for PGY1/PGY2 residency.

-----------

Last, but not least, I cannot stand it when applicants ask for each others "stats". Take a moment to think about how this will help improve your chances. Clearly, it does not. Each applicant is unique, which is why there are other aspects, including your personal statement, work experience, leadership experience, community service involvement, etc. You have done everything you can up to this point, and knowing what others have made will most likely stress you out even more.

Be patient, and if you are worried, contact Ms. Davis. If you are still seeking an interview, contact her. If you have interviewed, be patient and do not contact her.

I wish you all the best of luck toward your goal of becoming pharmacists. Please do not forget to return the favor and assist (not spoon feed) other aspiring pharmacists once you are in the program. It is a small world in pharmacy.

If you have any questions, try to find the answer first. If you can't find the answer, feel free to private message me.

Best regards,
P1 Student @ TSUCOPHS

Has anyone get any acceptance infos from Ms. Davis.since interviews are over.

I just talked to Mrs. Davis! She said the committee is meeting 2maro and letters should be sent this week! She also said letters will be sent by email

Its official first batch of letters are being mailed out!! So check your mail Friday, Saturday, and Monday

Its official first batch of letters are being mailed out!! So check your mail Friday, Saturday, and Monday

Mrs. Davis said they would come thru email. At least that's what she told me!

Word is they'll start going out 2maro. I was told they're sending letters by email and regular mail