2018-2019 APPIC Internship Interview Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any.Time. Glad you’re safe! Also thankful we have a giant group supporting each other! Just finished my last interview today and I can say almost everyone at all my interviews were soooooo supportive, sweet, and not competitive! #wegrown
YAYYYY!!!! YOU SURVIVED!!!! What an exciting milestone to reach! Although I guess now that means you have to go back to reality, which, idk about you, but I'm certainly not looking forward to haha. Regardless, congrats on finishing your interviews and good luck in thinking about rankings! :)

Also, "#wegrown" :rofl:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Interviews all done AND #wandsite was found along the way!!! Couldn't have done it (gracefully) without the #forumfam. Good luck to the rest of you still interviewing! <3

P.S. I still don't know what the hell #wandsite is or where it came from, but it's okay because I've got mad context clue skills :cool:

Reactions: 6 users
Originally I thought we should create a new thread for Match stuff but now that this thing has taken on a life of its own, I kinda love it and think we should just keep using it til February 23rd!

So glad it worked out, and I 100% second/third/whatever the continuation of support and positivity in this group moving forward. And you know...after Match there's going to be diss stress...and moving...and starting internship...and...

Side note, someone at my interview today described something as "so dysregulating" when talking with other applicants and I wanted to be like, "Pause. Are you #forumfam?"

Any.Time. Glad you’re safe! Also thankful we have a giant group supporting each other! Just finished my last interview today and I can say almost everyone at all my interviews were soooooo supportive, sweet, and not competitive! #wegrown

So true! People at mine have been so awesome on the whole also. When I interviewed for grad school I felt sometimes like others were super sizing me up, but I have not mostly had that experience on these interviews.

Congrats to everyone who has finished, and to those of us who haven't (I've still got two more), hang in there! Home stretch! Have an extra glass of wine and go to bed early and embrace living off of caffeine and cortisol and norepinephrine because you're so. close.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone received personalized "thank you emails" FROM the internship program sites? I received a really thoughtful thank you email from the Training Director (nothing violating Match policies - a thank you for taking the time to visit, please let us know if we can answer additional questions or get you in touch with a current intern or supervisor, etc.). While I feel I'd be a great fit for the site and had a wonderful interview experience there, I'm guessing I should keep my ego in check as this definitely seems consistent with the thoughtfulness and organization of the overall program (based on my interview day experience).

... thoughts? Similar experiences? Thanks!

Reactions: 1 user
Interviews all done AND #wandsite was found along the way!!! Couldn't have done it (gracefully) without the #forumfam. Good luck to the rest of you still interviewing! <3

P.S. I still don't know what the hell #wandsite is or where it came from, but it's okay because I've got mad context clue skills :cool:
WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! What an awesome feeling to be both done with interviews AND to have found your #wandsite!! Speaking of, the #wandsite idea grew out of the idea that, as in Harry Potter where the wand chooses the wizard, the absolute best and most amazing site for each of us will find us.
So glad it worked out, and I 100% second/third/whatever the continuation of support and positivity in this group moving forward. And you know...after Match there's going to be diss stress...and moving...and starting internship...and...

Side note, someone at my interview today described something as "so dysregulating" when talking with other applicants and I wanted to be like, "Pause. Are you #forumfam?"

So true! People at mine have been so awesome on the whole also. When I interviewed for grad school I felt sometimes like others were super sizing me up, but I have not mostly had that experience on these interviews.

Congrats to everyone who has finished, and to those of us who haven't (I've still got two more), hang in there! Home stretch! Have an extra glass of wine and go to bed early and embrace living off of caffeine and cortisol and norepinephrine because you're so. close.
Yes, I think we're all in agreement that we should just continue this thing for forever hahah.
Has anyone received personalized "thank you emails" FROM the internship program sites? I received a really thoughtful thank you email from the Training Director (nothing violating Match policies - a thank you for taking the time to visit, please let us know if we can answer additional questions or get you in touch with a current intern or supervisor, etc.). While I feel I'd be a great fit for the site and had a wonderful interview experience there, I'm guessing I should keep my ego in check as this definitely seems consistent with the thoughtfulness and organization of the overall program (based on my interview day experience).

I actually have!! At first I panicked when I saw that they were emailing me and immediately thought they were emailing to say they weren't ranking me! Imagine my relief and unbelievably pleasant surprise when it was in fact them thanking me for taking the time to come visit and encouraging me to reach out if I needed. I don't know if this is the same site for but I imagine they sent a thank you to each applicant, despite it being personalized. I know that may be a twinge disappointing, and I think it goes to show how thoughtful and kind the site was. :)

Reactions: 1 users

I have gotten two emails that I think were implying rank related information without technically breaking the policies which made me pretty uncomfortable. They aren't sites that I was considering ranking highly anyway. I just replied with a thank you for the interview and wished them luck.

I have gotten two emails that I think were implying rank related information without technically breaking the policies which made me pretty uncomfortable. They aren't sites that I was considering ranking highly anyway. I just replied with a thank you for the interview and wished them luck.

I haven’t received any thank you emails BUT I have received Updates saying the stipend increased! I would take that over any thank you note any day. Another site explained how they rank and that they would inform us if they WERENT ranking us so that was a little stressful.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone who has interviewed/is going to interview at VA Maine willing to PM me? Got a question about directions!

So glad to see the thread still active, I know I don't post much but I am always reading, and I feel that I have people in the world. It actually makes a difference in my life. Thanks everyone !

Reactions: 7 users
s435422420606266503_p3_i1_w490.png

Reactions: 5 users
Hey guys,

We're on page 133. On last year's match day, the analogous thread was on page 53.

Carry on. :rofl:
Yeah AND the invitation list was never finalized - last update was STILL in early Dec. Sorry next year folks!

Just steamed my suit in a hotel bathroom...FOR THE LAST TIME. Last interview tomorrow, y'all, and I CAN'T WAIT.

Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I just finished my last interview today in Dallas!!!! I feel like I fell short and was too tired to ask questions or give extensive answers. I probably did the worst in comparison to all my interviews. And a few days ago I heard some horribly bad news which may have impacted my performance.

My committee member suddenly passed away and I’m still in shock. It’s the worst feeling knowing this then having to continue with my last interview. I’m saddened by this news and what it means for me. Plus I have mixed feelings because I’m done with interviews and excited to see my girls. My emotions are all over the place...

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I'm late to the game here but wanted to express my condolences. I am so sorry for your loss!! I met a few other applicants this week who lost someone close to them within the past week. You all amaze me with your resilience to carry on during this time.

Go get 'em, tiger! (This seemed very appropriate to say)
Thanks, friend! I just stuffed my face with cannoli like
giphy.gif

So I'm just like :shrug: for tomorrow at this point

Last edited:
I’m experiencing a *touch* of anxiety about post-interview etiquette/expectations. I’ve already decided against sending thank you emails. However, I’m curious, do TDs/potential supervisors make assumptions about an applicant’s level of interest in the program based upon whether or not the applicant sends emails with follow-up questions about the site? I genuinely feel like I have enough information to rank, but I worry that radio silence on my end might communicate that I’m not serious about the site. Gah…why can’t it be Feb 23 already????

I’m experiencing a *touch* of anxiety about post-interview etiquette/expectations. I’ve already decided against sending thank you emails. However, I’m curious, do TDs/potential supervisors make assumptions about an applicant’s level of interest in the program based upon whether or not the applicant sends emails with follow-up questions about the site? I genuinely feel like I have enough information to rank, but I worry that radio silence on my end might communicate that I’m not serious about the site. Gah…why can’t it be Feb 23 already????

I can honestly say that I have never heard this brought up in a ranking meeting in over 5 years of being in ranking meetings at different sites.

Reactions: 4 users
Guys....I think I’m being prepped for the slaughter at this interview location. I’m in a very picturesque, small town. My hotel is owned by another, larger one, and there is literally NO ONE ELSE staying at mine. It’s also long and low, same style as the Bates Motel. The bigger hotel, which is old and stately, hosts breakfast, and upon arrival this morning, again, no other guests, only people who work here. But a full breakfast buffet. Swear to god, if they start encouraging me to, “Eat more, more,” I’m running.

Reactions: 9 users
First, I love this forum. I feel like I jumped in later in the game than most, but i'm so grateful for this thread. Less than half of my cohort applied this year, and we're typically not a tight knit bunch so this has been such a help.

On that note, I have one last interview with a site that on paper I love. With that said, I had an interview on Friday with a site that felt like my wandsite. My question is, how do I tamper those warm fuzzy feelings as I go into my last interview. I'm worried that i'll be comparing my experience between the two interviews which will make it more difficult to accurately assess this last site.

How have you guys worked with this, and also... someone please reassure me that this is all normal?

First, I love this forum. I feel like I jumped in later in the game than most, but i'm so grateful for this thread. Less than half of my cohort applied this year, and we're typically not a tight knit bunch so this has been such a help.

On that note, I have one last interview with a site that on paper I love. With that said, I had an interview on Friday with a site that felt like my wandsite. My question is, how do I tamper those warm fuzzy feelings as I go into my last interview. I'm worried that i'll be comparing my experience between the two interviews which will make it more difficult to accurately assess this last site.

How have you guys worked with this, and also... someone please reassure me that this is all normal?
Totally normal. My site that was last on paper became my #wandsite. I say embrace the warm fuzzy feeling (I think they mean something!) and just be open at your next interview. Hopefully your gut will make it clear which one standsout.

Ok...for those having #wandsite feels....what did you experience? I'm starting to bog myself down with what ifs and can't think clearly anymore.

Ok...for those having #wandsite feels....what did you experience? I'm starting to bog myself down with what ifs and can't think clearly anymore.

For me, I just felt excited more than normal. Typically this involved having a good connection with the interviewer, but other than that the source is a mystery. I am a person who overthinks and would drive myself crazy with columns and weights (which I did initially), so I think for me the “following your heart” works best.

I felt a great connection with the interviewers, and in talking with the interns it felt like an amazingly warm and supportive environment. After leaving, I felt incredibly excited about the opportunity to learn from the advisers.

Hey awesome people!

So I am struggling with something... thus far, I have interviewed at 9 of 12 of sites and nothing seems to give me that "wandsite" vibe. I can't explain it.... I just leave feeling as though the interns have less training opportunities than many of the brochures advertise....Is anyone else experiencing this?
It is possible that I am just less impressed by the whole process, as I've had a pretty intensive training experience this past year that felt like a "mini-internship."

Anyways, any advice would be appreciated! I am starting to look at pre-doctoral internship as just another check-box and I don't know if that's a fair mindset.

Hi #forumfam! This has been a rough month, but 1 interview to go finally!! I'm hardcore struggling with the idea of ranking. Is anyone using some sort of spreadsheet system and assigning point values to things, etc? Any help would be amazing and very much appreciated!

PS I hope interviews have been going well for everyone!

Hi #forumfam! This has been a rough month, but 1 interview to go finally!! I'm hardcore struggling with the idea of ranking. Is anyone using some sort of spreadsheet system and assigning point values to things, etc? Any help would be amazing and very much appreciated!

So I have a spreadsheet that includes whether/the extent to which they have certain training opportunities (e.g., 1 vs. multiple ptsd rotations), the warmth/friendliness of interviewers/staff, ummm...(I don’t have it pulled up so I’m trying to remember)...the feel of the city (tiny town, medium, big city), and then I have a bunch of columns for how close they are to family, cost of living, etc.

I totaled including location factors and then without so I could see without considering location which sites got the best ratings and then I could also factor in location. From there I shifted based on gut feeling and was able to make a rank order that I feel pretty good about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also finally only have one to go! Thank god. Congrats on (nearly) surviving! Regarding ranking, I know @slaney has a super intense spreadsheet with points for everything under the sun - she’d be the best one to ask!

Hey awesome people!

So I am struggling with something... thus far, I have interviewed at 9 of 12 of sites and nothing seems to give me that "wandsite" vibe. I can't explain it.... I just leave feeling as though the interns have less training opportunities than many of the brochures advertise....Is anyone else experiencing this?
It is possible that I am just less impressed by the whole process, as I've had a pretty intensive training experience this past year that felt like a "mini-internship."

Anyways, any advice would be appreciated! I am starting to look at pre-doctoral internship as just another check-box and I don't know if that's a fair mindset.
First off, congrats on clearly rocking your apps! Second, I’ve felt that way at some sites, but luckily not all of mine...sorry to hear it. I have a few thoughts - one, I think this process genuinely does get built up more than it actually is. You should go for the best option available....but it’s NOT the rest of your life. I don’t think that means we should settle for something REALLY underwhelming, but at the end of the day, we have a limited amount of one and hours to go around. I think, also, there is more to it than number of opportunities - quality of them, relationships with supervisors, etc. will make a big difference. That’s where I look heavily to current interns. Also, you’ve still got three more! They may surprise you.

That all said, after I finish, I fully intend to set everything aside for a few days and like it marinate. This process is so exhausting and draining that maybe you’re just too in the thick of it. You might feel different after you’ve had a sec to catch your breath and reflect back without having to get in yet another plane the next day, and when you’re not wearing another forced smile. Best of luck!

Hey awesome people!

I think this stage in our professional development gets built way up and expectations about what it will mean for us sometimes get super inflated. I'm trying to remember that this is the next developmental stage, and that while it would be amazing to have this ridiculously transformative training experience, there is a possibility that just like the disney wedding or the perfect family or the sunset unicorn proposal or whatever else I'm expecting out of life it'll be a much more complicated and realistic experience than we build it up to be. That's helping me keep the prospect of ranking in perspective!

Reactions: 5 users
I think this stage in our professional development gets built way up and expectations about what it will mean for us sometimes get super inflated. I'm trying to remember that this is the next developmental stage, and that while it would be amazing to have this ridiculously transformative training experience, there is a possibility that just like the disney wedding or the perfect family or the sunset unicorn proposal or whatever else I'm expecting out of life it'll be a much more complicated and realistic experience than we build it up to be. That's helping me keep the prospect of ranking in perspective!

An interviewer I had paused and told me basically to stop worrying about not having enough child experience compared to applicants. She stated to use the pre-doc internship as a general education and to think about specialization more in post-doc (it was very kind-not in a bad way that left me feeling like I bombed it). Has anyone else heard this? My point person at school mentioned if I matched with a child site I might get eyebrows if I try to move into adults later? I have varied practicum experience. Edit* I imagine neuro must do neuro or else it’d be hard later.

An interviewer I had paused and told me basically to stop worrying about not having enough child experience compared to applicants. She stated to use the pre-doc internship as a general education and to think about specialization more in post-doc (it was very kind-not in a bad way that left me feeling like I bombed it). Has anyone else heard this? My point person at school mentioned if I matched with a child site I might get eyebrows if I try to move into adults later? I have varied practicum experience. Edit* I imagine neuro must do neuro or else it’d be hard later.

I was always told that it's easier to move from kids to adults, rather than vice versa. People who work with kids still have adult experience, because all kids come with adults attached; people who work with adults don't necessarily get any kid experience, though.

@slaney help a fellow Mindy fan out??
Absolutely! My spreadsheet is a bit out of control but hopefully in a good way and I am 100% happy to share it with anyone who wants it! Just PM me and I’ll email it to you :)

Speaking of my spreadsheet, I was just working on my final scores because although I made it home, my bags did not, so I’m sitting by baggage claim waiting for them to come in on the next flight which is a huge test of my distress tolerance skills because I had my last interview today and am SO CLOSE to being donedonedone but I’m still somehow in an airport and Lord, deliver me from this evil, I just want to take off my bra and go to sleep.

That being said, still happy to share my ranking spreadsheet and weigh in on the current conversation re: wandsites and what this step actually means after I’ve slept some haha

I have been worried about similar things. As psych moves more and more towards managed/integrated care, I feel silly for not applying to more hospital settings. But your interviewer is right, we always can gain more experience through post-doc. I guess one possible issue is, would we be less competitive for not having much experience in an area that we are looking to gain experience in???......... Idk that's what confuses me most about this whole process honestly, lol. It's similar to when an entry-level job requests applicants have 5 years experience that a person seeking an entry-level job would typically not have hahaha

Thank you SO much for this! You are spot on.

First off, congrats on clearly rocking your apps! Second, I’ve felt that way at some sites, but luckily not all of mine...sorry to hear it. I have a few thoughts - one, I think this process genuinely does get built up more than it actually is. You should go for the best option available....but it’s NOT the rest of your life. I don’t think that means we should settle for something REALLY underwhelming, but at the end of the day, we have a limited amount of one and hours to go around. I think, also, there is more to it than number of opportunities - quality of them, relationships with supervisors, etc. will make a big difference. That’s where I look heavily to current interns. Also, you’ve still got three more! They may surprise you.

That all said, after I finish, I fully intend to set everything aside for a few days and like it marinate. This process is so exhausting and draining that maybe you’re just too in the thick of it. You might feel different after you’ve had a sec to catch your breath and reflect back without having to get in yet another plane the next day, and when you’re not wearing another forced smile. Best of luck!

Thank you!! I so appreciate the response. Y'all have really helped me calm down about the fact that I have not experienced any "wandsite" feels. I mean, I certainly liked plenty of sites, but nothing wow-ed me. You are right though. This whole MATCH process - and even the fact that it is called "MATCH" - builds it up to more than it is, which is simply another training experience. After all, in this field we are never really done training anyways hahaha

I have been worried about similar things. As psych moves more and more towards managed/integrated care, I feel silly for not applying to more hospital settings. But your interviewer is right, we always can gain more experience through post-doc. I guess one possible issue is, would we be less competitive for not having much experience in an area that we are looking to gain experience in???......... Idk that's what confuses me most about this whole process honestly, lol. It's similar to when an entry-level job requests applicants have 5 years experience that a person seeking an entry-level job would typically not have hahaha

Me too, I’m still super confused if the process will be a lot different for post doc apps! I was surprised because I had interviews at children’s sites that I thought those would be a huge stretch and rejected from sites I thought would be more likely. My guess is different sites value different things in the application packet?

I have a friend applying to Kaiser post docs now and has several interviews lined up despite not having any hospital experience if that helps.

Thank you!! I so appreciate the response. Y'all have really helped me calm down about the fact that I have not experienced any "wandsite" feels. I mean, I certainly liked plenty of sites, but nothing wow-ed me. You are right though. This whole MATCH process - and even the fact that it is called "MATCH" - builds it up to more than it is, which is simply another training experience. After all, in this field we are never really done training anyways hahaha

Haha! I was just thinking after being almost done that the interviews weren’t as crazy hard as I thought. Kind of like another practicum interview in some cases (either that or I really messed up my answers). Anyone else feel like it’s a trick question when asked something along the lines of “tell me about a time when you reached the limits of your knowledge in a case, what did you do?”...I wanted to be like uhhh this happens all the time? I’m in training?

Haha! I was just thinking after being almost done that the interviews weren’t as crazy hard as I thought. Kind of like another practicum interview in some cases (either that or I really messed up my answers). Anyone else feel like it’s a trick question when asked something along the lines of “tell me about a time when you reached the limits of your knowledge in a case, what did you do?”...I wanted to be like uhhh this happens all the time? I’m in training?
I'm like, are there really answers other than, "In the moment I fell back on reflective listening and other supported principles, and afterwards I sought supervision and looked stuff up"? It reminds me of the diversity essay in the application packet, where I was like ...there is a set of right answers here.

I think I mentioned this earlier in this thread, but for me, my #wandsite in person was also my #wandsite on paper. I was looking for pretty specific clinical experiences for internship and had some very specific goals I wanted to accomplish. This site had a lot of rich experiences that I felt I was both absolutely prepared for and could easily jump into and contribute, AND opportunities that were novel and would be a natural expansion and progression of my current skill set. Moving beyond the clinical stuff, I also had goals regarding research and training (i.e., being able to supervise prac students) and this site offered both of those opportunities as well. Finally, this site is in the kind of setting I see myself in in the future, and so I liked it for that reason as well.

Aside from ticking off all of those boxes with regard to specific training goals, another thing I've been looking at on interviews is how the site itself helps facilitate and promote growth and cohesion among the interns, as well as how they address issues of diversity and advocacy/service (both things that are really important to me). My #wandsite spoke at length and explicitly about the ways in which they promote community across the interns at the site in a way that other sites haven't. They also spoke explicitly about how the site facilitates awareness of cultural diversity and how they advocate for and serve their community, culminating in a community outreach project that the interns collectively decide on. This attention to interns as both humans AND service providers to a range of individuals really floored me and said a lot about the values and tenets of the program. It could be that none of this is unique to this site and others have a very similar setup/values - but NONE of the other sites have mentioned this or talked in length about it.

A final thing that I've been paying attention to on interviews is the obvious warmth and friendliness of the staff members/faculty/interns on interview day. Quite frankly, those blank-face-no-inflection-asking-a-standard-set-of-questions-and-not-being-remotely-conversational style of interviews have been extremely off-putting for me. While I can totally understand wanting to ask each applicant the same set of questions to standardize the process, this can be done while also still being warm and conversational. I had one recently where the staff member literally only acknowledged me and stopped writing when she looked up to ask me another question and I left wondering if that's what working with her would be like along with why in the world THAT is how she would want to present both herself and the site. Warm and supportive relationships with faculty and supervisors is really important to me, so I try to pay attention to things that may hint at how the site handles/approaches that as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
Greg's emails got me like: "Oh man, why didn't I apply to Emerald City Counseling Center?" That place sounds awesome!

Greg's emails got me like: "Oh man, why didn't I apply to Emerald City Counseling Center?" That place sounds awesome!
Personally, I'd rather be at the Ben & Jerry's Psychology Internship...
giphy.gif

I've been so busy since starting the interview extravaganza that I've had no time to post. I am SO amazed by everyone's strength, humor, and mutual support getting through this process! And I'm sending hugs and love to everyone who has faced extra challenges and loss during the process. As if it's not hard enough...:oops: I'm so glad to see so much community still happening here!! This #forumfam always leaves me in awe.

I finally finished my LAST interview and, after (admittedly) some worrying that there just wasn't going to be a #wandsite for me, my last site was my WANDSITE!!! :soexcited::soexcited::clap::soexcited::soexcited: To answer an earlier question...It was a site that, on paper, had every aspect of training that I wanted with philosophical and theoretical approaches that are compatible with my own. I interviewed at a few other places that had nearly all of these things but were missing the kind of organizational environment that I want. @slaney described it perfectly...that desire for humanity and connection. My #wandsite had that in a way that other sites with the same training opportunities did not. I appreciated the high regard with which they treat their interns, their warmth and openness during the interview process, and the fact that the provision of their array of clinical services is clearly NOT dependent upon having interns. They're serious about focusing on training. I am totally impressed with how much this was emphasized at nearly all of my interview sites. It's also a site that fits my needs in terms of location/quality of life. I have a family who will be moving with me if I relocate for internship and this matters a lot. Aside from all of the rational reasons, it also just felt the most exciting to me. I was very invested in building relationships with the supervisors/staff and really enjoyed my interview because I was able to connect with some people I really liked and respected. I WANTED them to train me.

I'm heading home after 3 weeks of interview travel tomorrow and hope to have more time to stay connected as we all go through the next month of the dreaded ranking and then waiting...in the meantime, kudos to each and every one of you as you continue to make your way through this process. I assume I'm not alone in feeling that this is SO HARD. I am completely exhausted and kind of can't believe I have to re-engage with the rest of real life again. :confused: I'm certainly very grateful for this forum and all of you that have made this process easier to survive!!! :biglove::biglove::biglove:

Reactions: 8 users
Howdy folks!

I am not applying until next year's cycle, but I just wanted to say since this thread was created I have made a little habit of checking it before bed, and I've read every.... single..... post.

Thank you all so much for being brave and kind, and sharing your experiences. You aren't just helping each other, you're giving a future applicant insight into the entire process. I super duper appreciate this, and honestly, the length of the thread and depth of conversations have been like a mini-mentorship experience for me.

:) Good luck y'all.

Reactions: 12 users
Can one have two #wandsites!?!

I’m in that situation! I have two programs that I just love and could see myself at easily!! I feel very lucky, especially since I feel so meh about the rest of the possible sites. But now I’m trying to figure out how to rank one over the other.

Also I’m increasingly anxious about the actual match process. I know we’re supposed to rank according to our preferences but I keep mulling it over to try and find some magical loophole. Anyone else?

I’m in that situation! I have two programs that I just love and could see myself at easily!! I feel very lucky, especially since I feel so meh about the rest of the possible sites. But now I’m trying to figure out how to rank one over the other.

Also I’m increasingly anxious about the actual match process. I know we’re supposed to rank according to our preferences but I keep mulling it over to try and find some magical loophole. Anyone else?
I'm so glad i'm not the only one! My last interview is the one place I *loved* on paper, but the last interview I actually had felt like home. Also, is it weird that I had that kind of home:thumbup: feel at an interview?

This process has made me weirdly insecure.

Yes- me too! I have two sites I'm pumped about. Although it's interesting- my family, mentor, and even the receptionist at our hospital (who is super sweet and who you can talk to about life) think I'll match to one specific site just because I, evidently, sound way more enthusiastic when I talk about it. ... So we shall see...