2018-2019 APPIC Internship Interview Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It’s this Friday! This Friday! Doesn’t seem real

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
It’s Sunday morning and I’m on-call for the hospital. I’m crossing my fingers I don’t get a call... because WHY DID YOU PUT ME ON CALL WHEN IM WAITING FOR MY FUTURE TO UNFOLD ON FRIDAY!

I. Am. So. Done.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 user
Had a dream boyfriend scheduled a vacation next week by himself...away on Match day leaving me. I woke up angry. He was like “you literally made that up in your head" :whistle:

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Had a dream boyfriend scheduled a vacation next week by himself...away on Match day leaving me. I woke up angry. He was like “you literally made that up in your head" :whistle:
This is my favorite post of all.

Reactions: 2 users
I got a puppy to distract myself from this and I’m still losing sleep.
Puppies are a terrible way to get sleep! Pre-house-breaking they have to go out every few hours at night...I remember this all too well, hah. And seconding the request for pictures, so hard. Despite the difficulties, I miss my puppy being a real puppy.

Reactions: 6 users
Puppies are a terrible way to get sleep! Pre-house-breaking they have to go out every few hours at night...I remember this all too well, hah. And seconding the request for pictures, so hard. Despite the difficulties, I miss my puppy being a real puppy.

Attachments

• A6D44884-9253-4696-8A67-AA8D6D405C7D.jpeg
    A6D44884-9253-4696-8A67-AA8D6D405C7D.jpeg
    73 KB · Views: 104
Reactions: 18 users
I just liked this and then unliked it so I could like it again. Puppyyyyyyyyy. Maybe I can shrink mine in the dryer....

Reactions: 5 users

Too cute! I needed this on the Monday before match day, so thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My 2 year old dog is so jealous of her. I thought they’d be besties but he won’t even acknowledge her. Anyway, I always envisioned I would get a puppy match week so at least one of my dreams came true this far!

Awww I hope your 2 yr old learns to love her! It’s tough with pets who don’t get along. Puppy is a great distraction.

Welp had another dream. This time, I dreamt I matched to a fake university in a city I had no interest living in that I never applied to. Convinced i won’t have any enamel left on my teeth by Friday.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Panicking that this is the week... Especially with people constantly telling me that the Match email comes well before 10AM (sometimes 7AM and sometimes 8AM)... . Sending positive vibes to everyone!!

Since we've been sharing dreams, I would like to report that last night, I dreamed that I had a brain scan, and it revealed that my medulla oblongata and my amygdala were switched around in location and it explained so much about why I've always felt "different" from those around me. #INTPinMatchLyfe

Reactions: 7 users
Question: So results will be distributed this Friday at 10 a.m. Eastern Time, BUT there is a sentence in one of the emails we received that says "Results will also be sent via e-mail on the morning of February 23, before 10:00 a.m. Eastern Time."

So my question is how early will results be sent to us before 10 a.m. Eastern Time?

Question: So results will be distributed this Friday at 10 a.m. Eastern Time, BUT there is a sentence in one of the emails we received that says "Results will also be sent via e-mail on the morning of February 23, before 10:00 a.m. Eastern Time."

So my question is how early will results be sent to us before 10 a.m. Eastern Time?

They will be there by 10 AM. Sometimes they are fairly early, sometimes they are a little later. Before 10, though.

Dearest Greg,

Is there any chance you'd consider releasing the match results a bit earlier than planned? How's Wednesday?

Thank you,

Your Forum Fanbase

Reactions: 11 users
They will be there by 10 AM. Sometimes they are fairly early, sometimes they are a little later. Before 10, though.
Thanks! Please tell me you TDs don’t suffer like we do...hopefully it’s just another busy day...

I’m at my grocery store getting booze after 2 margaritas after skiing. So behind on work. This is coping.

Reactions: 7 users
Ugh, you guys are making me worry about my lab-mate. They're really stressed out about matching, especially after not getting interviewed at their top choice (long story). I hope they and the rest of you match at your top choices.

Omg the most beautiful baby!!!

Ugh, you guys are making me worry about my lab-mate. They're really stressed out about matching, especially after not getting interviewed at their top choice (long story). I hope they and the rest of you match at your top choices.
Thanks for the well wishes! And sending tons and tons of good vibes to your lab-mate! :)
Just wrote the following in my planner

View attachment 229592
This speaks to me on a spiritual level.

Reactions: 4 users
I’m up watching pearls get shucked. Like WTF has my life become lol

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Yep. I’m definitely up Netflix binging.

For my fellow Netflix bingers, if you haven’t already seen it, the new Queer Eye is out and I am loving it. The first episode with the man with lupus made me so happy

I have also been watching Drake’s “God’s Plan” music video on repeat because that warms my heart. It might be hard to believe that a rap music video could be heart warming. You have to watch it yourself to see what I mean.

I’ve definitely had lots of stomach butterflies this week (and will probably keep having them) but the happy distractions - including the new puppy picture - have been so effective :)

1) Just curious if anyone knows/is aware of any interns in past years who Matched to sites they ranked 5th+ on their Rank Order List?
I'm familiar with the Match Statistics, and that this does happen for a few applicants every year, but curious if others have any insight to reasons/variables/predictors to why these individuals matched at lower ranked sites...

2) Anyone know how to see which sites participated in the Phase II Match last year? I was on the Listserv but couldn't find an email with that info...

THANKS!!!

1) Just curious if anyone knows/is aware of any interns in past years who Matched to sites they ranked 5th+ on their Rank Order List?
I'm familiar with the Match Statistics, and that this does happen for a few applicants every year, but curious if others have any insight to reasons/variables/predictors to why these individuals matched at lower ranked sites...

2) Anyone know how to see which sites participated in the Phase II Match last year? I was on the Listserv but couldn't find an email with that info...

THANKS!!!
1. Not that I know of, my friends I’ve asked landed in their top 3.

2. Yes, I’m not at my computer boo but do a google search, someone pdf last year (or the year before I forgot) on SDN! Some really good sites.

Last night I watched like 3 hours of you-tubers trying to follow beauty tutorials and usually failing. Plus another 2 hours of DIY hair bleaching gone wrong. That is what my life has come to...

Reactions: 3 users

THANKS!!!

I am aware of someone who matched to their 8th site because they ranked sites in order of competitiveness. It ended up being a better fit for them though. I also know of a couple people who matched that low but no one was really surprised because of personality/interviewing issues.

Thanks! Please tell me you TDs don’t suffer like we do...hopefully it’s just another busy day...

Nope, we're generally too busy to worry. I actually forgot it was match day this week with a conference and a full clinical schedule going on in the past couple weeks.

Nope, we're generally too busy to worry. I actually forgot it was match day this week with a conference and a full clinical schedule going on in the past couple weeks.

We're all too busy to worry too... but somehow we make the time.

Reactions: 8 users
I’m also coping with excessive Netflixing, and When We First Met spoke to me on a spiritual level. It’s the same cotton candy vibe that A Christmas Prince had. It gave me hope that everything happens for a reason - Match Day results included.

Reactions: 6 users
I’m also coping with excessive Netflixing, and When We First Met spoke to me on a spiritual level. It’s the same cotton candy vibe that A Christmas Prince had. It gave me hope that everything happens for a reason - Match Day results included.

Well I guess we know what I’m doing tonight

Mindfulness and a semi-Buddhist philosophy can help with that. :)
Yep. I’m definitely up Netflix binging.

I'm surviving these last days by vacillating between occasional moments of mindfulness and chronic Netflix bingeing. I think I've accomplished maybe 5 things from my self-care list. :shrug: I should probably revisit that...

In previous years, the email came before 8:00am (so expect an early arrival).

:nailbiting::nailbiting:
Is this maybe a time zone thing?
Or is it that unpredictable

I think people got it reallllly early last year, and the results come out by 10 am EST.

I plan to stay up really late to force myself to sleep in. Otherwise I will be awake by 6 am, refreshing my email.

:nailbiting::nailbiting:
Is this maybe a time zone thing?
Or is it that unpredictable

Last year mine came at 6:55am CST . That time is pretty consistent with what I've heard from other students in previous years.