2018-2019 APPIC Internship Interview Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Rejected from the NOLA VA today via personalized mass email. Oh the pain!!! The agony of unrequited love!!!!

Not my #wandsite

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone heard from San Bernardino County Dept of Behavioral Health?

Members don't see this ad :)
-Full Site Name: Suffolk University Counseling, Health, & Wellness Center
-Track: N/A
-Invite or Rejection: Invite!! :clap:
-Date of Notification: 12/7, late afternoon EST
-How You Were Notified: Mass email
-Interview Dates: Jan 2, 3, 4, 8, 9

Guess I got rejected... and this was one of my top sites :(

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaait a second: they CALLED you to tell you you WERE NOT being invited to interview and THEN GAVE REASONS?? Lord have mercy, I need to lay down on your behalf. That is....wow. So sorry, friend :(

haha yeahhhh. I asked clarifying question about whether it was "because of the USAjobs app" (even though I was fairly certain I passed that) or because of "other reasons"? The response was that I was a part of a subgroup of applicants, and because it was a very competitive year I would not be interviewed.

I also understand and appreciate their intent, but it was rough.

Has anyone heard from:
  • University of Washington
  • University of Oregon
  • Oregon State University
  • Ohio State University
  • University of Michigan
Good luck to everyone. I hope we all match!

I'm waiting on a few of those myself! Good Luck!!!

haha yeahhhh. I asked clarifying question about whether it was "because of the USAjobs app" (even though I was fairly certain I passed that) or because of "other reasons"? The response was that I was a part of a subgroup of applicants, and because it was a very competitive year I would not be interviewed.

I also understand and appreciate their intent, but it was rough.

This is seriously brutal
If you didn’t breakdown then and there that’s a win and I’m proud of you

Reactions: 7 users
Guess I got rejected... and this was one of my top sites :(

:( I'm sorry (if that's true)!! It just means that you'll find your #wandsite on one of your 10+ interviews!

Reactions: 2 users
I don't know if anyone has posted these yet, but I received rejections from:

1) Houston VA
2) New Orleans VA

via mass email this afternoon while driving TO an interview. Playin' games with my vibes and ish.

NOTE: Im taking my signature off when I'm not on the phone!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I did my masters internship at Carruth, and I absolutely loved the psychologists there! Plus, they just built a new building a couple years ago, so the interns get their own new, shiny offices. Which after doing an office version of musical chairs as a practicum student, is a nice incentive.
Ohhhh this makes me really excited to hear back from them! Thank you :)

So I was #ultimatedenvered today...

I got the invite to fill out usajobs application from BOP Ft Worth early this month, filled it out, and received the notification I passed on Monday 12/4 (yayayay!).
Got a call from "Ft Worth, TX" this morning (IT WAS HAPPENING), and I was greeted with the fact that I will not be offered an interview. They even gave reasons.
#ultimatedenvered
That is just BRUTAL. So sorry you had to go through that!!

Full Site Name: UC Davis Children's Hospital
-Track: Infant Mental Health
-Invite!
-Date of Notification: 12/7
-Interview Date(s): 1/6, 1/11

Reactions: 7 users
-Full Site Name Kaiser Permanente Medical Care Program in Los Angeles
-Track (if applicable) None
-Invite or rejection Invite!
-Date of Notification December 7
-How You Were Notified (mass email, personal email, phone) Personal email
-Interview Date(s) January 9, January 10, January 16

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
Full Site Name: Texas A&M Counseling Center
-Invite!
-How You Were Notified: Personal phone call
-Interview Date(s): not sure - said they would follow up with information tomorrow

Reactions: 5 users
From a friend:

Full Site Name: Suffolk Univ. CC
-Track:n/a
-Invite!
-Interview Date(s): n/a

Reactions: 3 users
Kaiser Permanente Medical Care Program (LA)
Adult
Reject
12/7
Mass email
PUPPIES

Full Site Name: Texas A&M Counseling Center
-Invite!
-How You Were Notified: Personal phone call
-Interview Date(s): not sure - said they would follow up with information tomorrow

Congrats! I got a call too! I was in a lab meeting and since it came up as “unknown number” I let it go to voicemail, which I now regret!! They said interview days are Jan 8th and 12th.

Reactions: 4 users
On the phone with a hotel employee in Minneapolis, asking about the "light rail train":
Me: "But, like, does it work if it snows?"
Hotel guy: "....Does what work?"
Me: "The light rail train."
Hotel guy: "....Uh, yes. Yes it does."

Apparently, asking if the train still runs in the snow in Minneapolis is a dumb question. #themoreyouknow

Reactions: 12 users
WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

-Full Site Name: Virginia Treatment Center for Children
-Track (if applicable): None
-Invite or rejection: Invite
-Date of Notification: December 7 @ 4:47 p.m. CST
-How You Were Notified (mass email, personal email, phone): Mass email (Dear Internship Candidate)
-Interview Date(s): January 19 & January 26**

**These dates are slightly different than what I believe was originally advertised, FYI

Reactions: 10 users
-Full Site Name: Florida Atlantic University CAPS
-Track (if applicable): N/A
-Date of Notification: December 7
-How You Were Notified (mass email, personal email, phone): Mass email
-Interview Date(s): 1/2, 1/3, 1/4, 1/5

Reactions: 10 users
-Full Site Name: Mount Sinai Beth Israel
-Invite or Rejection: Invite!
-Date of Notification: 12/7, 2:47pm EST
-How You Were Notified: Mass email (Dear Applicant)
-Interview Dates: December 27 and January 5, 8, and 12.
-How I'm Staying Sane: I'm talking to former students/ interns a lot at my practicum site. They are really supportive and seem to want to share all the advice they wish they had received prior to going through this process themselves. Also, lots of popcorn and chocolate.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
-Full Site Name: Florida Atlantic University CAPS
-Track (if applicable): N/A
-Date of Notification: December 7
-How You Were Notified (mass email, personal email, phone): Mass email
-Interview Date(s): 1/2, 1/3, 1/4, 1/5

Congrats! I have family who used to live in the area and it's beautiful!

Reactions: 2 users
-Full Site Name Community Reach Center
-Track (if applicable) None
-Invite or rejection Invite
-Date of Notification December 5
-How You Were Notified (mass email, personal email, phone) Email
-Interview Date(s) January 3, January 10, January 17
I'm afraid to ask...but was it personalized or mass e-mail?

WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

-Full Site Name: Virginia Treatment Center for Children
-Track (if applicable): None
-Date of Notification: December 7 @ 4:47 p.m. CST
-How You Were Notified (mass email, personal email, phone): Mass email (Dear Internship Candidate)
-Interview Date(s): January 19 & January 26**

**These dates are slightly different than what I believe was originally advertised, FYI

Yo, me too! Hey everyone else - I MIGHT BE AT AN INTERVIEW WITH THE #FORUMHERO.

Reactions: 11 users
So, today, I got rejected from two places (both posted about before: Lurie and St. John's), in very quick succession. I then went to the store, and in the parking lot on my way back to my car, found two dollars on the ground. Coincidence or recompense (at a grad student pay grade)?

Reactions: 17 users
Yo, me too! Hey everyone else - I MIGHT BE AT AN INTERVIEW WITH THE #FORUMHERO.
OMFG YAYYYYYYYYYYYY!!! THIS IS SO EXCITING TO MEEEEEEEE!!!!!!
giphy.gif

Reactions: 6 users
Congrats! I got a call too! I was in a lab meeting and since it came up as “unknown number” I let it go to voicemail, which I now regret!! They said interview days are Jan 8th and 12th.
Awesome!! Thanks for letting me know - I already have one the 8th so hopefully 12th will be available!

So I was #ultimatedenvered today...

I got the invite to fill out usajobs application from BOP Ft Worth early this month, filled it out, and received the notification I passed on Monday 12/4 (yayayay!).
Got a call from "Ft Worth, TX" this morning (IT WAS HAPPENING), and I was greeted with the fact that I will not be offered an interview. They even gave reasons.
#ultimatedenvered
Hoooooooooly cow that sounds SO painful. What a horrendous punch in the gut that must've been, I am so sorry they did that to you! Sending so many comforting/positive vibes your way.

Has anyone heard from:
  • University of Oregon
  • Ohio State University
  • University of Michigan

A few people in my cohort who applied to UWMC have already heard back and received invites. I hope yours is just coming late!

You are killing me with this gif from my favorite show!! :rofl:

Speaking of our Lord and Savior, the Queen herself, I'm adding to my internship interview playlist and right now it's just 37 Beyonce songs and Rise Up by Andra Day hahahaa

Soooooo is there a way this playlist can be shared? Because it sounds pretty awesome....:headphone:

I received an invite via personal email yesterday, but I am adult/neuro so I am not sure about peds. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you!

I received an invite via personal email from Rusk this afternoon at 4 pm EST. I'm neuro/adult track, and I received the email more than 24 hours after the first person posted yesterday about their Rusk invite. It looks like they're staying consistent with previous years and taking a few days to send out their invites! Good luck!!!

I received an invite via personal email from Rusk this afternoon at 4 pm EST. I'm neuro/adult track, and I received the email more than 24 hours after the first person posted yesterday about their Rusk invite. It looks like they're staying consistent with previous years and taking a few days to send out their invites! Good luck!!!

I hope you realize, that you saying that will only make my rejection hurt more when it eventually comes...

Has anyone heard from:
  • University of Oregon
  • Ohio State University
  • University of Michigan
If you're referring to University of Washingtob School of Medicine then yes, I received a personal email for the general adult track on oNvember 21. If not, disregard and good luck!

I have a question for yalll. I'm currently at a VA as a practicum student and they are opening up their first ever internship program to which I applied. It would be absolutely INSANE if they did not invite me since I am there right now and the TD there has great rapport with me. Problem is since it's a brand new site- the site is trying to get APA on contingency accreditation by May. If that goes through that's fine since graduating from a place that's APA on contingency means you walk away saying you went to an APA site. My issue is if it does not get accredited. This is a screenshot of what they said we are eligible for if that happens. I ultimately want a post doc in neuro and this would be shoe in technically. What do you guys think/would you take this? (I am geographically restricted with 7 rejections out of 16 sites so far, no invites).

Thank you so much #forumfam!!!

Last edited:
Anyone know if CHOC has been known to do rolling?
It was a a personalized email so maybe?
Trying to decide how much to accept incoming rejection