2018-2019 Harvard Medical School

Started by Lucca
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
According to the secondary invite email:

The Medical School does NOT have rolling admissions; all applications submitted by the October 22nd deadline will receive full consideration. However, interview day scheduling becomes less flexible as the season progresses, so I encourage you to submit before the deadline rush, especially if you have scheduling restrictions.

So does this mean it's totally okay to submit like 3 weeks after receiving it (which would be around late August)?

Am really backed up on secondaries atm and would be a great relief if I could put this one on the backburner for now...
low key could be a nice one to get over with and not have to think about since its a pretty straightforward secondary
 
Hey guys,

For those applying MSTP, question #5 for the Statement of Purpose essay is only for those who want to do a PhD in the social sciences, right?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just pointing out that this process makes intelligent people bug out so much that they forget how to follow simple instructions. Calling people ***holes on this forum is completely unwarranted. Take your anger elsewhere please.
So I'm the angry one? Lol, ok.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm looking at the dates available, and they're all a lot sooner than I expected/hoped for! All of my other interviews come during or after these dates so I'll likely have to reschedule one. However, that would make HMS my very first interview!! I'm hesitant about doing this because I feel like going to other interviews before this one will give me more time to prepare/practice.

Anyone have any advice for preparing? Or should I maybe call to see if they have later dates available? They seem to be pretty strict with dates given their email.
 
I'm looking at the dates available, and they're all a lot sooner than I expected/hoped for! All of my other interviews come during or after these dates so I'll likely have to reschedule one. However, that would make HMS my very first interview!! I'm hesitant about doing this because I feel like going to other interviews before this one will give me more time to prepare/practice.

Anyone have any advice for preparing? Or should I maybe call to see if they have later dates available? They seem to be pretty strict with dates given their email.
Congrats!!! What are the current available dates?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Quick question, to those who have scheduled their IIs, did you receive an email confirmation?

Also, do any of you know what interview type means? Next to my scheduled date, there is an "interview type" with letters under it. Any idea what that is?
 
Quick question, to those who have scheduled their IIs, did you receive an email confirmation?

Also, do any of you know what interview type means? Next to my scheduled date, there is an "interview type" with letters under it. Any idea what that is?
What are the letters? (Disclaimer: no II yet over here)
 
Willing to tell you over PM - not sure what it is yet/if it's unique to everyone. It's literally just a pair of letters. This whole process has turned me into a neurotic mess.
Haha, I totally get that. I was thinking it might be related to Pathways vs. HST, since you mentioned the letters were under "interview type." Just a random (and probably incorrect) thought, though!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Curious, did anyone get a complete email from Harvard? Or does it just show the green check mark and “application submitted” on your portal?