2018-2019 Harvard Medical School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Neurotic question probably, but does anyone have any insight on the dress code for the meet and greet? It says casual, but I'm not sure how casual.

Casual = smartn casual. Think first date. MSTP told us explicitly no suits necessary

Wait lucca, did you get an MSTP invite already for harvard? I didn't see anything on the interview tracker in the md phd forum

Reactions: 1 user
I'm saying this a lot lately but I did not truly believe I'd get an interview here and was thinking it was a rejection especially after the Pitt reject wave but amazingly enough it wasn't. Pathways by the way and got it around 3:30 pm.

Reactions: 6 users
II TO PATHWAYS!!!
Complete early August. Only late September and early October dates available so Harvard seems to still be super early in their cycle for those who don’t have an II yet.

also the 2 week secondary submission myth is false I spent my sweet time procrastinating on their essay

+1 on getting rejected from pitt LOL was definitely not expecting this email a week later

Reactions: 6 users
I'm saying this a lot lately but I did not truly believe I'd get an interview here and was thinking it was a rejection especially after the Pitt reject wave but amazingly enough it wasn't. Pathways by the way and got it around 3:30 pm.
II TO PATHWAYS!!!
Complete early August. Only late September and early October dates available so Harvard seems to still be super early in their cycle for those who don’t have an II yet.

also the 2 week secondary submission myth is false I spent my sweet time procrastinating on their essay

+1 on getting rejected from pitt LOL was definitely not expecting this email a week later
Congrats!!

Reactions: 2 users
Was complete August 4th and still no II. Applied for HST and Pathways. Y'all think I caught the L?

Also for future peeps... I used the optional essay as a diversity/challenge essay. Mainly diversity but I've had some challenges that go in hand with that so mentioned them very briefly in a way that flowed with the whole essay.

Mentioning this mainly because I know I was debating whether I should use the space or not and eventually decided to do it, doesn't necessarily mean you should as well but if you have something worthwhile then go for it.

Also a question on my end. Interview day ends at 6 according to the email. Latst flight was for 7:25 pm that day. Is that cutting it too close? I really can't afford to stay an extra night and take a flight the next morning so does anyone know how flexible they are with the end of the interview day?

Members don't see this ad :)
Also for future peeps... I used the optional essay as a diversity/challenge essay. Mainly diversity but I've had some challenges that go in hand with that so mentioned them very briefly in a way that flowed with the whole essay.

Mentioning this mainly because I know I was debating whether I should use the space or not and eventually decided to do it, doesn't necessarily mean you should as well but if you have something worthwhile then go for it.
+1, and taking an uber to Logan from Longwood takes about 20-30 minutes so I think you'd be fine but it would be close depending on the traffic that day

Also received Pathways interview today! Complete mid-late July, LM>80

Reactions: 3 users
Was complete August 4th and still no II. Applied for HST and Pathways. Y'all think I caught the L?

Last year, IIs were sent out well into late December in no particular order.

Any chance of getting accepted? xD 507 MCAT , 3.93 gpa, solid rec letters, few hundred hours of service, 500 clinical hours, clinical and basic science research with an incoming publication? (yeah I tanked on the mcat :l ) Secondary Completed 7/19

Any chance of getting accepted? xD 507 MCAT , 3.93 gpa, solid rec letters, few hundred hours of service, 500 clinical hours, clinical and basic science research with an incoming publication? (yeah I tanked on the mcat :l ) Secondary Completed 7/19

I doubt it. Very slim chance if you are URM, non-trad with a great story, or some amazing ECs

Does anyone know if Harvard averages multiple MCAT scores or looks at them more holistically? For example how would they see 502, 518 ?

Does anyone know if Harvard averages multiple MCAT scores or looks at them more holistically? For example how would they see 502, 518 ?
Multiple MCAT Score Policy School List

According to this thread, they only look at the highest score but from reading threads about multiple MCAT's and from the adcoms on here, it's up to the individual how they interpret

Reactions: 1 users
Holy Pits! II! So grateful I’ve been given the chance to interview. Pathways

Reactions: 9 users
Holy Pits! II! So grateful I’ve been given the chance to interview. Pathways
If you can, would you mind sharing what interview dates are still available? Good luck on the interview, super jealous :D

I decided not to answer the optional essay on the secondary, but now I'm thinking I should have. Would it make sense to upload that essay as an application update?

If you can, would you mind sharing what interview dates are still available? Good luck on the interview, super jealous :D
Most dates were for mid october! I was complete late july

Reactions: 1 users
II also for Pathways this morning! Complete 7/26, Lizzy M ~ 75

Does anyone happen to know when Harvard med sends IIs to its undergrads?

Harvard undergrads don’t get any preferential treatment. II’s are distributed to people from all schools equally.

Harvard undergrads don’t get any preferential treatment. II’s are distributed to people from all schools equally.
This sounds like it was written by Harvard’s PR department lol

Reactions: 11 users
II to Pathways this morning!

Reactions: 4 users
anyone interviewed here yet can speak to what the night before and day of are like?

anyone interviewed here yet can speak to what the night before and day of are like?
All very chill. You speak with some students the night before at a catered meal in the main residence hall.
Then on interview day, you have two interviews at some point in the day, but other than that you pick your own schedule. They'll give you a printout of events that day, including tours and stuff, but it's all completely optional. Probably one of the most unstructured interview days given the amount of freedom you have, but still well organized

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
+1 this was my experience as well. Also, just wanted to let everyone know that the dinner is 10000% casual. I showed up in a button up and I noticed other interviewees were also in dresses/shirts but the students were mostly in sweats and pjs lol! No faculty at all. So just relax, this was one of my most chill and enjoyable interviews so far!

Reactions: 5 users
Do they silent reject secondaries? Just curious.

Silence over here and I'm fearing that R...
Harvard, please love me.

if harvard is a silent reject right now then i have R’s from 90% of my schools lol

please say it isnt so lol