You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
***2018-2019 Official AMCAS Verification Thread***
Started by Lucca
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
If I "re-submit" my application, will it delay the verification of my app? Will I get kicked to the back of the line? Is it safer to just wait until I'm verified to add schools and LORs? I submitted June 16th and I'd hate to wait another month when I'm so close now...
I did the thing where I only applied to one school to get the ball rolling while I waited for my MCAT score.
I did the thing where I only applied to one school to get the ball rolling while I waited for my MCAT score.
No. Your place in line stays the same. I resubmitted multiple times and it was not delayed.If I "re-submit" my application, will it delay the verification of my app? Will I get kicked to the back of the line? Is it safer to just wait until I'm verified to add schools and LORs? I submitted June 16th and I'd hate to wait another month when I'm so close now...
I did the thing where I only applied to one school to get the ball rolling while I waited for my MCAT score.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nope, 6 days. Last year, 6/12's were verified at latest 7/5. This year 7/11.will be hard to know for sure until the cycle is over unless the AAMC make some kind of statement. For now, we are about 2 weeks behind last cycle.
Any 6/14s?
I submitted on 6/13 but my transcripts weren't processed until 6/14, so mine changed to "ready to review" on 6/14.When I open my application, it says submitted on 6/13, but in the application status it lists "Submitted to AMCAS - Ready for Review," status change date 6/18. Does that mean it didn't process for 5 days, or is there a delay like this for everyone?
Sorry to be an idiot, but how do you look at when your status changed? I looked at the FAQs and it says to check the "details" link on the left side of the main menu, but I'm not seeing that anywhere.
click the purple bar where it says "Application status history" underneath all the application components with the check marks
submitted 6/14, processed just now (7/12)!!
What time did you submit and what time was it verified?submitted 6/14, processed just now (7/12)!!
What time did you submit and what time was it verified?
I don't remember the exact time submitting but it was around 2 PM - 3 PM. It was verified at 12:25 PM today.
That's what it was! I completely forgot I was still missing a transcript when I submitted. Thanks!I submitted on 6/13 but my transcripts weren't processed until 6/14, so mine changed to "ready to review" on 6/14.
Ready to review at 11:07 AM 6/14, processed 7/12 at 2:54 PM 🙂)) (central time zone)
Anyone submit 6/30?
After going through some comments it looks like the average time is about 4 weeks now :/
I submitted mine close to then, on like 6/28 at 11 PM PST.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What time did you submit?submitted 6/15 verified 7/13![]()
8:25 am 6/15, verified 1:54 pmWhat time did you submit?
Thanks. They didn't receive my transcript till the 21st so any update that can relieve this stress helps.8:25 am 6/15, verified 1:54 pm
Submitted 6/15, today changed to “AMCAS processing is complete” does that mean it sent to all my schools?
Yes, your app has been verified and sent out to your schools.Submitted 6/15, today changed to “AMCAS processing is complete” does that mean it sent to all my schools?
Here I am, submitted on 7/3, freaking out why I'm not verified yet. Looks like I have a long way to go. 🙁
Pre-write secondaries for every school you're applying to and you should still be okay. You just want to make sure you have them ready to submit ASAP as soon as you get them. What really matters is how soon you're complete and not when you're verified.
@Lucca is every point on the timeline graph n = 1? If not, would it be possible to display the number of people who reported that data?
@Lucca is every point on the timeline graph n = 1? If not, would it be possible to display the number of people who reported that data?
It is not as multiple people can have the same time to verification. I could look into making that visible.
Last edited:
Nothing new, but it seems we are already/finally over the 30 day mark from submission to verification. According to AMCAS twitter, they are verifying apps that were submitted on June 15. And today is July 16.
Honestly, I'm frustrated that it is taking forever, but trying not to worry about something that is now out of my hands.
Honestly, I'm frustrated that it is taking forever, but trying not to worry about something that is now out of my hands.
Submitted 6/15 10:03 PM (ET)
Application Processed 7/16 1:51 PM (ET)
Application Processed 7/16 1:51 PM (ET)
the points on the graph are now sized proportionally to the number of ppl who reported each # of days to verification for that submission date
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Submitted on June 16th, 12:55pm and went "under review" this afternoon!
Verified today, 7/17 @ 9:20am 🙂
tried changing it to heatmap the point weighting instead of changing the point size but it broke everything lol sorry for how ugly it looks
I had a question: I submitted my primary on 6/25, but I was still waiting for one of my transcripts because of delayed processing. I got an email on 7/5 that informed me my transcript was received on 6/29. Am I considered in the queue from 6/25 or 7/5 or somewhere in the middle?
I had a question: I submitted my primary on 6/25, but I was still waiting for one of my transcripts because of delayed processing. I got an email on 7/5 that informed me my transcript was received on 6/29. Am I considered in the queue from 6/25 or 7/5 or somewhere in the middle?
Should be when your app is complete, so when your transcripts arrive. You can check status updates by clicking the purple bar that says "View Application Status History" and that will show when your app became "Ready for Review" and entered the queue.
That makes sense! Dang, I just checked and it seems I got the "Ready for Review" on 7/5 although my transcript was received 6/29 (likey because of July 4th people taking week-long vacations).Should be when your app is complete, so when your transcripts arrive. You can check status updates by clicking the purple bar that says "View Application Status History" and that will show when your app became "Ready for Review" and entered the queue.
Submitted 6/19 @ 12:00 a.m. ET
Verified 7/18 @ 7:02 p.m. ET
Verified 7/18 @ 7:02 p.m. ET
Submitted June 19th before noon
Verified July 19th before noon
Verified July 19th before noon
Submitted June 19th 4:30am
Verified July 19th 8:55am
Verified July 19th 8:55am
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
penguinlover111
New Member
Yeah it really does suck, your queue is based on when all your transcripts are in. My transcripts took 18 days to be marked arrived (in part because my school changed transcript servicers after my order) so my queue was set back too. When I called them to explain, they were really dismissive and mean about it, so they must get calls from sad applicants like us pretty oftenSo I submitted on 6/19 but one of my transcripts didn't arrive until 7/6 and when it did that's when the status changed to "ready for review". Does this mean my application is in the queue as if I submitted it on 7/6? This sucks /:
Wondering the same thing. I submitted 6/20 at 9:00 pm central and am anxiously waiting; still just "ready for review."
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 30
- Views
- 7K
- Replies
- 88
- Views
- 12K
- Replies
- 98
- Views
- 26K
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 5K
