2018-2019 University of Nevada-Las Vegas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gyngyn

Alta California
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Secondary Essays (250 words):

Describe how your background and future goals will contribute to the mission of the UNLV School of Medicine.

Provide a BRIEF chronological summary of your time since graduating from high school up to the point of applying to medical school.

If you have any other information you believe is important for the Admissions Committee to consider, please include it here. You are limited to 250 words. Do not restate information already in your primary AMCAS application.

Interview Feedback: University of Nevada Las Vegas School of Medicine

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 users
Secondary Received! -7/6 @10:45

Secondary Essays (250 words):

Describe how your background and future goals will contribute to the mission of the UNLV School of Medicine.

Provide a BRIEF chronological summary of your time since graduating from high school up to the point of applying to medical school.

If you have any other information you believe is important for the Admissions Committee to consider, please include it here. You are limited to 250 words. Do not restate information already in your primary AMCAS application.

@gyngyn

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Any OOS with NV ties receive a secondary yet?

Nope. Got an email from them on the 29th that they received my application but nothing since. I'm in a neighboring state but no real ties to NV besides my cousins living there

Nope. Got an email from them on the 29th that they received my application but nothing since. I'm in a neighboring state but no real ties to NV besides my cousins living there
Got that same email on the 29th as well. Thanks!

Just received a secondary today. OOS with no real ties.

Just received a secondary today. OOS with no real ties.
I would just loook and see if it’s worth it before you spend the money. Unlv is very in-state heavy 1/3 of the class is from unlv itself

I would just loook and see if it’s worth it before you spend the money. Unlv is very in-state heavy 1/3 of the class is from unlv itself

Yeah...I know my chances are super slim. I would still love to attend this school though so I figured I'd just give it a shot.
But, thanks for the words of caution! I didn't know so many students came from the university itself.

Yeah...I know my chances are super slim. I would still love to attend this school though so I figured I'd just give it a shot.
But, thanks for the words of caution! I didn't know so many students came from the university itself.
It is my alma mater - only reason I know haha

Based off their website I think they are sending out first round of IIs tomorrow!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
That's awesome! Did they have multiple dates for you to choose from?
Yes, you can choose your preferred date! They had dates available from September through February if I remember correctly.

Secondary received. OOS with only cousins and aunt living there. Probably very slim chance but may as well try and submit secondary.

Just got the secondary. Any chance at all for a neighboring state with no ties?

II today just a few minutes ago! WOOO! So excited!! In-State. Submitted Secondary 7/15.

Yes, you can choose your preferred date! They had dates available from September through February if I remember correctly.

+1 I had dates to choose from September 14th to like Feb.

II today! OOS but I have a graduate degree from UNLV. Excited to hear so early.

Reactions: 2 users
How hard does this school screen for secondary? I got the email back in June that they received my primary application but nothing since. Is it safe to assume by this point I won't receive the secondary?

Can anyone speak to how they consider OOS applicants from neighboring states? Like if someone has no connection to the state or the school, but they live in Utah or California, are they still heavily considered?
This is on their website “Applicants from states adjacent to Nevada are eligible to apply. Preferences will be given to those applicants who have significant connections to Nevada. Out-of-state applicants with no connections to Nevada are not encouraged to apply. Applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents of the U.S. (green card holders) to apply”

First II!! So excited! I'm a resident :)

Can anyone speak to how they consider OOS applicants from neighboring states? Like if someone has no connection to the state or the school, but they live in Utah or California, are they still heavily considered?

This is on their website “Applicants from states adjacent to Nevada are eligible to apply. Preferences will be given to those applicants who have significant connections to Nevada. Out-of-state applicants with no connections to Nevada are not encouraged to apply. Applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents of the U.S. (green card holders) to apply”

OOS, just got an II

OOS, just got an II

Are you from a neighboring state? Ties to the state? At this point I don't think I'm going to even receive a secondary from them. Nice that I don't have to spend the money, wish they would outright reject though

Are you from a neighboring state? Ties to the state? At this point I don't think I'm going to even receive a secondary from them. Nice that I don't have to spend the money, wish they would outright reject though

no ties, Cali.

Just got an II!! Very excited! OOS but my whole family lives there. 506 and 3.96 GPA.

II! OOS, but lived in Vegas when I was younger. Complete 7/17

II, OOS from neighboring state. Will be there Oct. 19th!!

II! OOS, but both parents live in Las Vegas. Complete 8/6.

Received secondary today. OOS but neighboring state

Submitted secondary today! OOS from neighboring state, hope to hear some good news from them soon!