You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Nevada, Las Vegas
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I didn’t get one, but I know of someone who got the call today.
Everything will work out, even if unlv isn’t the one.No call hahahah
medschoolapplicantanon
Full Member
no call last friday 🙁 hoping for a WL at least
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They said 7-10 days, it’s been 5.Anyone heard anything yet via email?
When they said in 7-10 days, I thought they meant within those 10 days and not after a week but no later than 10 days. There’s a time clock on it so I was just checking.They said 7-10 days, it’s been 5.
Hi again everyone! Quick update. Notifications for waitlist offers and for final denial should release on April 8th via email. If there is any change, we'll post it here.
ilovecats1234
Full Member
With all due respect to the UNLV admissions team and school, I sincerely hope they reconsider their interviewing process/selection. Applying to medical school is hard enough. Interviewing and then waiting up to 7 months for a decision is ludicrous. While I understand they keep reviewing applicants each month, I would much rather be rejected right away then delay the inevitable if that was their decision. Of all the schools I interviewed at UNLV was my top choice, but had the worst response after my interview. Both with communication/updates on what day calls would be made and the turnaround time for a decision. One Friday a month I was overwhelmed with disappointment that I just had to wait another month to possibly hear nothing.
Just my two cents!!
Just my two cents!!
mrpotatohead135
Full Member
How likely is an R if we haven’t gotten an email indicating waitlist yet ?
Check your portal.How likely is an R if we haven’t gotten an email indicating waitlist yet ?
medschoolapplicantanon
Full Member
waitlisted
Hi Everyone,
We have now released all waitlist invitations and notifications of final rejection for this cycle. For those rejected, you should also see an email to sign up for a feedback call if you are considering reapplication to UNLV in a future cycle. These are only offered to those who were interviewed. (If you didn't interview but would like feedback, we do those by email at [email protected])
Waitlist rankings are not released to applicants and our average reach has been 20 to 30 from our alternate list. The alternate season runs from now through the start of June. When we do finally close the cohort, we will notify those still on the waitlist and also offer you feedback calls at that time if you'd like to consider reapplication.
Finally, we know the waiting/time is the hardest part, but please also know our admissions committee takes your applications very seriously and gives them consideration for as long as possible (and multiple times over for those who interview) in order to provide you with the most opportunity as an applicant. We received just over 1500 applications this year, almost 800 secondaries, and interviewed close to 300.
As always if you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected]
We have now released all waitlist invitations and notifications of final rejection for this cycle. For those rejected, you should also see an email to sign up for a feedback call if you are considering reapplication to UNLV in a future cycle. These are only offered to those who were interviewed. (If you didn't interview but would like feedback, we do those by email at [email protected])
Waitlist rankings are not released to applicants and our average reach has been 20 to 30 from our alternate list. The alternate season runs from now through the start of June. When we do finally close the cohort, we will notify those still on the waitlist and also offer you feedback calls at that time if you'd like to consider reapplication.
Finally, we know the waiting/time is the hardest part, but please also know our admissions committee takes your applications very seriously and gives them consideration for as long as possible (and multiple times over for those who interview) in order to provide you with the most opportunity as an applicant. We received just over 1500 applications this year, almost 800 secondaries, and interviewed close to 300.
As always if you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected]
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
spstudentdoc
New Member
Does anyone know if there is a GroupMe for accepted applicants?
I think there is a FB group and maybe there is info on there about a GroupMe. Congrats btw! If I may ask, did you get a call recently or on one of the previous call days?Does anyone know if there is a GroupMe for accepted applicants?
Just withdrew my acceptance from here. Best of luck to those on the waitlist!
spstudentdoc
New Member
Thank you! It was a previous call although I just got on SDN.I think there is a FB group and maybe there is info on there about a GroupMe. Congrats btw! If I may ask, did you get a call recently or on one of the previous call days?
medschoolapplicantanon
Full Member
nope still waiting (on WL)
I emailed them and they said the calls go out as spots open up. No set day or time.Does anyone know how often calls go out? Is it once a week or everyday?
Thanks for letting me know! The waiting has been so tough and still hoping for the best, fingers crossedI emailed them and they said the calls go out as spots open up. No set day or time.
Congrats! I got the call earlier today but still haven’t received an email from admissions with more info, how long did it take for you to get that email?I got the A call off waitlist about 2 days ago around 11:30AM. Good luck to everyone and hope to see some more future classmates
Congrats!! I got the email for the portal around 6ish? Then the next day I got more emails about onboarding and such.Congrats! I got the call earlier today but still haven’t received an email from admissions with more info, how long did it take for you to get that email?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all, so I am a matriculating dental student at UNLV and I was thinking of trying to find potential housemates and would prefer to live with fellow med/dental students, does anyone know where/how I would find these potential housemates? LOL
I just got accepted today off the waitlist!Anyone get accepted recently from the WL?
Congrats! What time did you get the call?I just got accepted today off the waitlist!
Thank you! 12:30 pm on Monday. Wishing you all the best of luck 🤞🏼Congrats! What time did you get the call?
Hi Everyone,
So currently seated admits need to do their final confirmation to Commit To Enroll by end of business, Wednesday, June 1st. We expect the waitlist to probably close sometime the week of June 6th. We will notify those not admitted off the waitlist of this final closure when it happens and also offer feedback calls to those interested in reapplication. Please watch your email for details in the coming weeks.
There is no set day/time for waitlist calls, they truly happen as seats are available.
So currently seated admits need to do their final confirmation to Commit To Enroll by end of business, Wednesday, June 1st. We expect the waitlist to probably close sometime the week of June 6th. We will notify those not admitted off the waitlist of this final closure when it happens and also offer feedback calls to those interested in reapplication. Please watch your email for details in the coming weeks.
There is no set day/time for waitlist calls, they truly happen as seats are available.