2018-2019 University of South Carolina - Greenville

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just wanted to throw out support to this group! A friend of mine who interviewed last week said that decisions would be out this coming week, so everyone who's been waiting since interviewing in November, hold on tight! Also have a friend who received an II not too long ago for a January interview, so they're still sending those out.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I interviewed here last year also but also haven't heard anything yet this cycle. Did you receive an II this cycle?

nope... haven't heard a thing since sending in my secondary and getting the "your application is complete and under review" response.

Greenville is the only SC program that I haven't heard back from yet this cycle. Already interviewed at USC-Columbia and MUSC, but Greenville is my number one choice

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
nope... haven't heard a thing since sending in my secondary and getting the "your application is complete and under review" response.

Greenville is the only SC program that I haven't heard back from yet this cycle. Already interviewed at USC-Columbia and MUSC, but Greenville is my number one choice
Did you get waitlisted last cycle?

Just got the “continue to evaluate” email, pretty bummed as I really really liked the school. Holding out hope tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Accepted today! Complete 8/16, interviewed mid-November, IS, LizzyM 68. Love the school and am so excited! Best of luck to everyone!

Reactions: 4 users
For those of you who’ve been accepted (congrats!!!), did any of you initially receive the “continue to evaluate” email after your interview ? / does anyone know how likely an acceptance is after that?

Sorry, can’t seem to control my neuroticism.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know when we will start hearing more information from admissions after sending in our deposits? Or if a class of 2023 facebook page has been set up yet?

Anyone have thoughts on when the next round of interview requests will go out? Radio silence since October.

Does anyone know how long interview day typically lasts?

Does anyone know how long interview day typically lasts?
From 10am to 4:30 or 5, its a long day but its very thorough and allows you to get a good feel of the school.

Hello! To those of yall who have been accepted, theres a Facebook page called USC SOM Greenville Class of 2023!! Request to join it if you're thinking about coming! Can't wait to meet everyone.

Anyone have any insight into when the committee meets again? During my interview, they said they would send out acceptances at the end of each month. Their continue to evaluate email suggested the same.

do you mind sharing what the nature of the letter was? ie "continue to evalute", accept, reject ?
A "continue to evaluate" email. It was a long, formulaic email with no specifics to me personally. My take away from reading it was: We are only accepting top applicants for now and when all the interviews are done we will send out acceptances based on interview ranking.

A "continue to evaluate" email. It was a long, formulaic email with no specifics to me personally. My take away from reading it was: We are only accepting top applicants for now and when all the interviews are done we will send out acceptances based on interview ranking.

Hey thanks yeah I got that one too— I was just curious about the physical letter that CSurge was talking about

Hey thanks yeah I got that one too— I was just curious about the physical letter that CSurge was talking about

Ahhh, yeah that would be interesting to know. I don't expect to hear anything from the school until March

Ahhh, yeah that would be interesting to know. I don't expect to hear anything from the school until March
Samee- was hoping that we could get some more insight on what that email actually means for us without waiting til March but I guess I just need to chill tf out and hope for the best lol

Samee- was hoping that we could get some more insight on what that email actually means for us without waiting til March but I guess I just need to chill tf out and hope for the best lol
Agreed! I suspect that with the new traffic rules, schools are being extra careful with acceptances early in the cycle.

Anyone hearing anything recently? I figured the admissions committee would be meeting sometime soon since the month is coming to an end.

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone hearing anything recently? I figured the admissions committee would be meeting sometime soon since the month is coming to an end.
During my interview they said we would here back on February 7th

II received today for March 4th, so I would assume they are interviewing at least into March.

Just received an e-mail that stated the adcoms met today, but final decisions will be given out by end of Monday
Wait so, I could hear one way or another by Monday (2/11)? Cause I received an email Thurs with the continuing to evaluate message. Does that count as what youre talking about? Or separate?

Wait so, I could hear one way or another by Monday (2/11)? Cause I received an email Thurs with the continuing to evaluate message. Does that count as what youre talking about? Or separate?
I'm not sure if you've already received a "continue to evaluate message". I think it's three messages you can receive... A,R or continue to evaluate (that was my understanding on interview day), but I haven't received any decision from my January interview

Just got the call today! Good luck to everyone!

Secondary submitted: July 30th
Interview date: Dec 4th
LizzyM: 63
OOS w/ close ties

Reactions: 3 users
Got the call yesterday!
Interviewed mid-Jan
OOS but close ties to Greenville area and I think I fit the school's mission well...

Good Luck to everyone!

I'm not sure if you've already received a "continue to evaluate message". I think it's three messages you can receive... A,R or continue to evaluate (that was my understanding on interview day), but I haven't received any decision from my January interview
Ah yes, I received the continuing to evaluate email. What are the odds of getting either accepted or waitlisted from here? I mean is this theoretically a good thing?

Ah yes, I received the continuing to evaluate email. What are the odds of getting either accepted or waitlisted from here? I mean is this theoretically a good thing?

I think it’s a good thing! They liked you enough not to send a rejection and until then I always say “no news is good news”

No new news here since end of December. Anyone know when the committee meets again?