2018-2019 University of Texas - Rio Grande Valley

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does the school wait for all LORs to be submitted to send out II?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
My video got viewed yesterday! I think they are going over my application so hopefully I hear from them soon

My video got viewed yesterday! I think they are going over my application so hopefully I hear from them soon

When did you submit? I’m still at no views..
Come on RGV, just watch my video, lol

Members don't see this ad :)
This is either going to be a very expensive interview or a very long drive.

Members don't see this ad :)
For those of you who got interviews, did you get an email in the morning? Thanks!

II just right now!!

3 dates available in September for me

Interview Invite today! Submitted 11 June!

Reactions: 1 users
For part 2 where it says select 2 out of the 3, does that mean you only answer 2 out of the 3 questions, or do you answer all 3 questions but select 2 out of the 3 bullet points to respond to the question?-

DESCRIBE EXPERIENCES YOU HAVE HAD UNRELATED TO SCIENCE OR MEDICINE.
PART 1: Required
PART 2: Select 2 out of the 3*

• briefly describe the experience
  • state the circumstances of the experience (why you participated)
  • what you learned about yourself through that experience
*Experiences may be used more than once to address each category. Limit your answers to the space provided.

For part 2 where it says select 2 out of the 3, does that mean you only answer 2 out of the 3 questions, or do you answer all 3 questions but select 2 out of the 3 bullet points to respond to the question?-

DESCRIBE EXPERIENCES YOU HAVE HAD UNRELATED TO SCIENCE OR MEDICINE.
PART 1: Required
PART 2: Select 2 out of the 3*

• briefly describe the experience
  • state the circumstances of the experience (why you participated)
  • what you learned about yourself through that experience
*Experiences may be used more than once to address each category. Limit your answers to the space provided.
You answer 2 out of the 3 questions and to answer the question you have to include all three bullet points

For of those who got views on your video, was there more than one? I submitted my secondary late in the evening. By the morning, I had a couple of views already on my unlisted video?

For of those who got views on your video, was there more than one? I submitted my secondary late in the evening. By the morning, I had a couple of views already on my unlisted video?
I only had one view. Check the amount of time that they were watched because those views may just have been you.

I feel like whichever adcom was assigned to my application has just not gotten to it yet (along with apps from other June submitters, it seems).

Reactions: 2 users
I feel like whichever adcom was assigned to my application has just not gotten to it yet (along with apps from other June submitters, it seems).

I also was complete 6/9, and haven't gotten any views on my video

I submitted 6/20 and got a view 7/19. Pretty sure it's them since it's viewed from Texas and I didn't share it with anyone in Texas. I'm glad I can stop cringingly checking my video now haha

Anyone else still not have a view on the video? I submitted on 7/3 and I'm getting worried.

Y'all, I know you are anxious but remember most interviews happen in fall (October, November, December). Last year UTRGV received over 4000 applications and only offered interviews to 360. This is their first year of doing the live video aspect of the secondary, so I'm sure it is slowing them down a little. Hang in there!

For the question about a community service experience, I was going to write about volunteering at a middle school to teach individual kids math and science. I was concerned about the prompt saying that we can't write about anything related to science or medicine; would this be considered related? I was leaning towards no, but I'd appreciate a second opinion!

For the question about a community service experience, I was going to write about volunteering at a middle school to teach individual kids math and science. I was concerned about the prompt saying that we can't write about anything related to science or medicine; would this be considered related? I was leaning towards no, but I'd appreciate a second opinion!
I think this fits fine with community service

Last edited:
ii right now!!! first this cycle!! :clap:

ii right now!!! first this cycle!! :clap:

Congrats!

Here goes a bunch of questions that I’m sure everyone has, including myself.

Stats?
When did you submit your secondary?
When was your video watched?

Congrats!

Here goes a bunch of questions that I’m sure everyone has, including myself.

Stats?
When did you submit your secondary?
When was your video watched?
LizzyM:70
Secondary submitted August 1st
Video was probably watched today because I checked last night and nothing!

LizzyM:70
Secondary submitted August 1st
Video was probably watched today because I checked last night and nothing!

Dang. Looks like those of us who submitted early June keep getting pushed down the stack. That or our Adcom member is just really, REALLY slow. Lol.

Thanks for sharing! Congrats again!

Dang. Looks like those of us who submitted early June keep getting pushed down the stack. That or our Adcom member is just really, REALLY slow. Lol.

Thanks for sharing! Congrats again!

Tbh I think the only reason I got an interview was because I am from the region, and I talked to Betty one time and she said they are trying to bring RGV students back to the RGV lol

II today!! GPA: 3.9, MCAT:501, strong ties to South Texas, secondary submitted: July 19

Any mention of how often the adcom meets
Based on my observations of the process, once the interviewing starts, the AdComm meetings typically occur after each interview week. For example, if 50 interviews are conducted in week 1 of month A, the full AdComm will meet in week 2 of month A to discuss the applicants, based on their entire application packages, including the interview reports. The applicants who interview in week 2 are then reviewed and discussed by the full AdComm at their meeting in week 3 of month A and so on... That pattern is repeated throughout the interview/recruiting "season."

Do you think its super late if I submit my secondary this week? I submitted primary in June( transmited mid June) but I was out of country all of July...

How are you guys researching the school? I can't seem to find much info about the curriculum and about the school in general.

How are you guys researching the school? I can't seem to find much info about the curriculum and about the school in general.

So if you google UTRGV school of medicine, it’ll take you to their page. In the drop down menu to the right, click on “academics” then “medical students”. There you’ll find a course catalog. Click on the catalog and page 21 will give you a schematics of the curriculum.

So if you google UTRGV school of medicine, it’ll take you to their page. In the drop down menu to the right, click on “academics” then “medical students”. There you’ll find a course catalog. Click on the catalog and page 21 will give you a schematics of the curriculum.
Thanks lil' Sebastian. You are the best.

II here just now. All options were early October dates.

Based on my observations of the process, once the interviewing starts, the AdComm meetings typically occur after each interview week. For example, if 50 interviews are conducted in week 1 of month A, the full AdComm will meet in week 2 of month A to discuss the applicants, based on their entire application packages, including the interview reports. The applicants who interview in week 2 are then reviewed and discussed by the full AdComm at their meeting in week 3 of month A and so on... That pattern is repeated throughout the interview/recruiting "season."
Update/Revision of my comment above -- This recruitment season, the full AdCom currently is scheduled to meet eight times. Twice in September, October, November, and December, and once in January.

Update/Revision of my comment above -- This recruitment season, the full AdCom currently is scheduled to meet eight times. Twice in September, October, November, and December, and once in January.
Heck! That makes NINE times. Apparently fourth grade math isn't my strong suit!!

I guess this applies to post interview status. I think most of us are still in the pre interview phase.