***2018-2019 URM Medical School Application Thread***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

takeurmeds02

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
That time of the year guys! I'm starting to see spill over in last year's thread for this year's cycle so I'd thought I'd go ahead and start a new one. Utilize each other! Utilize me! I was in you guys' shoes many moons ago and I'm currently wrapping up 2nd year with the doom and gloom of step 1 haha.

Dates:
AMCAS Opens - May 2
Application Submission - May 31
Completed Applications Transmitted to Medical Schools - June 29

Y'all know the deal:

(GPA, Major, MCAT, Non-traditional, EC, Volunteering, Research, Funny Story, anything) or ask questions!)

DON'T BE A STRANGER - GOOD LUCK!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 users
Dang can’t believe the 2017-2018 cycle is pretty much over. Good luck to the applicants for the 2018-2019 cycle!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Hi everyone! I just had a stats question because I have no idea what kind of applicant I am

Cumulative GPA: ~3.6
S GPA: ~ 3.3
Mcat: taking soon!

Black female, 23
get a MCAT over 505 and you would be a good one

Members don't see this ad :)
Just like @teeayejay said use us as resources. currently a MS1

im an URM (black)... 503 MCAT 3.5 cgpa 3.2 sgpa

chances? schools to apply to?

I chose 20 schools and broke it down into 25% reach, 25% Safe Schools (schools that take lower stats), 50% schools that I would be relatively competitive which included my states schools. You gotta do your research on what schools are taking these days to figure out what schools to put in which pile.

I fatigued out writing secondaries so I only submitted to 16.

You can also consider DO schools as well.

Reactions: 2 users
Applying this cycle! Can't wait!!!

GPA: ~3.6
MCAT: 513
AA-Male
Ivy-League Undergrduate
Healthcare consulting experience, hospice volunteering, Research experience

Would be happy to go almost anywhere...top choice would be Tulane or Yale! Pre-writing secondaries is fun, I enjoy the introspection, but you gotta space it out. I would love to apply to 20+ schools, but those application fees doe...currently deciding whether I should apply to just 10 or 20+, lol. Probably gonna go with my gut and just put everything on credit cards; I keep telling myself it is an investment in my future

Any recommendations on preparing for CASPer test?

GPA: 3.66
SGPA: 3.6
MCAT: 515 (retake from 497)
AA Woman
Applying MD/PhD

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 users
Applying this cycle! Can't wait!!!

GPA: ~3.6
MCAT: 513
AA-Male
Ivy-League Undergrduate
Healthcare consulting experience, hospice volunteering, Research experience

Would be happy to go almost anywhere...top choice would be Tulane or Yale! Pre-writing secondaries is fun, I enjoy the introspection, but you gotta space it out. I would love to apply to 20+ schools, but those application fees doe...currently deciding whether I should apply to just 10 or 20+, lol. Probably gonna go with my gut and just put everything on credit cards; I keep telling myself it is an investment in my future

Any recommendations on preparing for CASPer test?
I'm interested in Yale too. Hopefully we both get an interview!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I chose 20 schools and broke it down into 25% reach, 25% Safe Schools (schools that take lower stats), 50% schools that I would be relatively competitive which included my states schools. You gotta do your research on what schools are taking these days to figure out what schools to put in which pile.

I fatigued out writing secondaries so I only submitted to 16.

You can also consider DO schools as well.

Did you pre-write your secondaries? If so, when did you start? I feel like such a bum cause I haven't started any essays besides my personal statement.

Reactions: 1 users
Did you pre-write your secondaries? If so, when did you start? I feel like such a bum cause I haven't started any essays besides my personal statement.

I definitely pre-wrote mine. It was annoying af but it saved me so much time and stress on the back-end when I got the email to submit the secondary and my turnaround time was the same day. All I had to do was upload, maybe make very small edits, and press send. This gives you the piece of mind that your app is getting looked at as soon as possible thus increasing your chances.

I don't know what you have going on right now but the earlier you start, the better to be honest. Chip at it little by little. Schools will start sending their secondaries around Mid-July. You ideally want to give yourself at least a month before that to chug through it all depending on how many schools you're applying to.

Hey all!
Appreciate any advice.
Applying both MD (~15) and a few MD-PHD (4?)
GPA: 3.67cgpa 3.78sgpa
Major: Chemical Engineering
Minor: Spanish
MCAT: 506 (127/125/127/127) from janruary, retaking
EC:
coFounder of two academic clubs, one for hispanics (mixed), officer of 3 clubs (VP of 2)
Undergraduate research: 1200 hours, 2 years one lab-1 sem another lab concurrently, 1 summer at washu st louis
Volunteering: Ronald mcdonald 1 year, billingual afterschool tutor in underserved neighborhood, 400 hours w/ student ministry leading groups n spring break volunteering in new orleans

QUESTION: I am still deciding whether I want to go MD-PHD or just MD/MS (bioengineering), if I was applying just MD I might not retake my mcat. But seeing as I am, when is the latest I should take it considering I'm applying with my current score and just waiting for the new one to update? I have a solid month in may, so I could do june 1st, but would it be too late to try and do june 16th? This would work better since I will be starting my engineering 10 week internship in another state june 4th and have time to get settled and study 4-6 hours after work each day until the test date.
SHORT N SHORT of QUESTION: is getting retake updated to aamcas july 17th too late?
Thank you

I had similar stats, & I think you're a good candidate for a few MD/DO schools. However, if you're going MD-PhD then I would advise a MCAT retake, if your practice tests are scoring you in the 510+ range. I don't see much benefit to a retake if you are not scoring above a 508/509 in your practice tests, as your in the confidence range for a 508 without it (someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong?).

I'd also add some DO schools to be safe, if you definitely want to matriculate next cycle. Also, maybe I'm missing it, but have you done any shadowing or clinical work (volunteer or paid)? That could really make all the difference at a few schools & be a great talking point. Without it you might look like a great candidate for the PhD/grad school, but not the MD/DO (this is actually something my dean told me my last semester in college; I had tons of volunteering, years of research, a thesis, etc. but no clinical experience).

Without the retake or applyging DO (& more clinical experiences - volunteer and/or shadowing), I would say up your list to 20+ & apply broadly.

How do I look y'all?

GPA: 3.04cgpa | 3.34sgpa (Post-Bacc) | 3.5 Graduate (Masters Business)

Major: Economics
MCAT: Taking soon (Shooting for a 514 score)
Lizzy M Score: 66.40 (Upon reaching 514 MCAT Score)
EC: Army Veteran, Emergency Medical Technician
Volunteering: Boys & Girls Club
Work: Information Technology at Hospital
Bio: Black Male 26 year old career changer. Worked days as I.T. analyst at major hospital, went to school at nights to complete Post-Bacc program in Pre-Medical Studies. Served in United States Army National Guard, and was Emergency Medical Tech for a bit.

School List:
University of Massachusetts Medical School
University of Connecticut School of Medicine
Boston University School of Medicine
Tufts
University of Florida College of Medicine
University of Central Florida College of Medicine
University of Illinois College of Medicine
University of Minnesota Twin Cities Medical School
University of Minnesota Duluth Medical School
Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Health Sciences
Loyola University Stritch School of Medicine
New York Medical College
George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences
Central Michigan University College of Michigan
Morehouse School of Medicine
Howard Medical School

Last edited:
im an URM (black)... 503 MCAT 3.5 cgpa 3.2 sgpa

chances? schools to apply to?

Say's your Lizzy M Score is 59, and your chance of gaining acceptance to one medical school is at least 75%. Might want to have a couple of safety schools in case

Your chance of gaining admission to at least one medical school based on official AAMC historic data
There are 369 Black applicants that applied with a GPA in the range of 3.20 - 3.39 and an MCAT in the range of 27-29. Out of those applicants, 278 were accepted to at least one medical school.

Members don't see this ad :)
I had similar stats, & I think you're a good candidate for a few MD/DO schools. However, if you're going MD-PhD then I would advise a MCAT retake, if your practice tests are scoring you in the 510+ range. I don't see much benefit to a retake if you are not scoring above a 508/509 in your practice tests, as your in the confidence range for a 508 without it (someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong?).

I'd also add some DO schools to be safe, if you definitely want to matriculate next cycle. Also, maybe I'm missing it, but have you done any shadowing or clinical work (volunteer or paid)? That could really make all the difference at a few schools & be a great talking point. Without it you might look like a great candidate for the PhD/grad school, but not the MD/DO (this is actually something my dean told me my last semester in college; I had tons of volunteering, years of research, a thesis, etc. but no clinical experience).

Without the retake or applyging DO (& more clinical experiences - volunteer and/or shadowing), I would say up your list to 20+ & apply broadly.

Thanks for the input! Definitely retaking, I have 80 hours of shadowing across 4-5 specialties and ronald mcdonald is categorized as clinical volunteering as I interact and eat dinner with the patients/families (100 ish hours)

GPA: 3.6cgpa | 3.5sgpa

Major:Bio
MCAT: 505 (only take)
Mexcian: Male-First Generation (Cali)
Non-trad?: Out of school for two years
EC: Couple of leadership positions
Volunteering: Clinical over 150hrs and Non-clinical: Soup kitchen and sign up to become a volunteer fireman
Shadowing: 10hrs
Work: retail
Research: Over 2 years couple of poster presentations at national conferences
Not sure if I should wait or apply this cycle. Starting to feel behind in life if I dont apply this cycle.

Thanks for the input! Definitely retaking, I have 80 hours of shadowing across 4-5 specialties and ronald mcdonald is categorized as clinical volunteering as I interact and eat dinner with the patients/families (100 ish hours)

Oh word. Then you're fine by my standards. I had way less shadowing, but more clinical volunteering so you're doing better than me ;)

How do I look y'all?

Bio: Black Male 26 year old career changer. Worked days as I.T. analyst at major hospital, went to school at nights to complete Post-Bacc program in Pre-Medical Studies. Served in United States Army National Guard, and was Emergency Medical Tech for a bit.

School List:
Tufts
Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Health Sciences
New York Medical College
Howard Medical School

I don't know if I'm much help on the school list because mine was all over the place, but you are looking awesome. You guys are so impressive. Good luck everyone & I hope you get 514+ @KingTchalla1

Edit: I would also add any/all state schools. & any regional schools if you can afford it. I was an OOS applicant & interviewee at a few places & regional bias/preference is definitely real.

Oh word. Then you're fine by my standards. I had way less shadowing, but more clinical volunteering so you're doing better than me ;)
Whew, good to hear man! Praying and grinding to get a 512 range confidence score! Where did you end up if you don't mind me asking (feel free to dm)

How do I look y'all?

School List:
Tufts
New York Medical College
Howard Medical School
We have like 60-70% similarity for our school lists lol, are you an Illinois resident?

Hello Everyone!

I’ll be applying this year and I’m super nervous yet excited to start a new journey!

My stats:

GPA: 3.66 | sGPA: 3.55
MCAT: Coming Soon!
Major: Biology
ECs include: Summer research program, ED Volunteer 135 hrs, AmeriCorps 1700 hrs.

Work History: After-School Program Mentor/Facilitator

Currently, I’m an ED Scribe and loving it! I’ve been working for a few months now and it’s a wonderful experience. I’m a 25 year old Black woman living in Illinois! Any feedback would be appreciated.

Goodluck to everyone this upcoming cycle!

Hey Guys!

I'm 23 years old, African American. I'm super excited and anxious to get started with this process.

My Stats:
GPA: 3.55(strong upward trend) except my last semester ( personal issues)
sGPA: I don't know actually but I would say around a 3.3

MCAT: 508 (first try) Recent retake (comes out in a month)

Extra Experience:
EMT (3 years)
100 hours of shadowing (all departments loved ER)
Cardiovascular Research at Vanderbilt (Never Published, Although did get some cool posters so that is pretty neat) about 1500 hrs
Fitness Trainer During College (2 years), more free lance working out now
Work in a Pulmonary and Critical Care office
Currently at an Urgent Care as Scribe (awesome letters of rec all M.D.s)
(300+ volunteer work at St. Luke University Hospital)
Speak Spanish (went to Costa Rica for 3 months and lived in spain for a year when I was 15)

I wanna wish everyone luck this coming cycle. Also would greatly appreciate some help on a school list and just any feedback.
I'm from NYC by the way. Thank you!

OH I would love to go to OHiO state if you couldn't tell!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
I
We have like 60-70% similarity for our school lists lol, are you an Illinois resident?
I'm actually a Bostonion, but I've always wanted to go to Chicago. Has a lot of history and I can see myself building a future there. Maybe I will Illinois resident soon

After years on SDN, finally preparing to apply!

3.9/516 Hispanic applying MD/PhD
Lived a little under half my life in Latin America, family had to move and restart in the US due to a weird combination of rly good and rly bad extraordinary events.
My ECs include doing theater, writing, some political/activism activities and lots of research.
My dream school at the moment is UCSF: strong in my field, great location, great reputation, student body seems to have an activist bent too it and the Bay in general is a good place for that.

I'm currently living overseas doing research on a gap year.

Reactions: 11 users
After years on SDN, finally preparing to apply!

3.9/516 Hispanic applying MD/PhD
Lived a little under half my life in Latin America, family had to move and restart in the US due to a weird combination of rly good and rly bad extraordinary events.
My ECs include doing theater, writing, some political/activism activities and lots of research.
My dream school at the moment is UCSF: strong in my field, great location, great reputation, student body seems to have an activist bent too it and the Bay in general is a good place for that.

I'm currently living overseas doing research on a gap year.
Lucca you're not a doctor yet? I just assumed... good luck this year!

Good luck to all the URM's applying this cycle!! I just wrapped up this cycle by attending a school's second look and committing there! If anyone has any questions for someone who just went through what you're about to feel free to ask here or PM! This is a long process, but I know you guys can do it!

I

I'm actually a Bostonion, but I've always wanted to go to Chicago. Has a lot of history and I can see myself building a future there. Maybe I will Illinois resident soon

Having spent some time in Boston, I think you'll really like Chicago. That being said, I love Boston and you come from a pretty cool place.

GPA: 3.6cgpa | 3.5sgpa

Major:Bio
MCAT: 505 (only take)
Mexcian: Male-First Generation (Cali)
Non-trad?: Out of school for two years
EC: Couple of leadership positions
Volunteering: Clinical over 150hrs and Non-clinical: Soup kitchen and sign up to become a volunteer fireman
Shadowing: 10hrs
Work: retail
Research: Over 2 years couple of poster presentations at national conferences
Not sure if I should wait or apply this cycle. Starting to feel behind in life if I dont apply this cycle.

I know it's hard, but I would try to get more shadowing hours if you can. That was a weakness in my own application so I overshot it with clinical volunteering, but if I could go back I would get more of those to balance it out. Also, a 505 is not an immediate reject but a lot could depend on you gpa. The next batch of advice is based on three assumptions: 1) you don't have extra money/time to be throwing away on postbacs, MCAT retakes, increased volunteering (missed work), etc., & 2) you feel that you won't score much higher on the MCAT if you do retake (you'll stay w/in the 505-507 range), & 3) you're MCAT might expire in the next year or so.

If it's true that your time and money is tight, here is what I suggest:

• Wait 1 more year/app cycle, giving you enough time to save $ & increase your hours steadily
  • Possible MCAT retake (which it's okay to dread, but could be a possibility)
OR

• Apply for FAP, use it to apply to 10-15 schools (not all in your area)
  • Also apply to some DO also
  • see how it goes

OR (My personal favorite, as I'm very all-or-nothing ;))
  • Apply this year, but put everything into it:
    • start preparing app NOW
    • ask for rec letters now
      • get at least 5-6
      • make sure they are at least favorable (maybe not all "wow, they walk on water", but at least that they like you and think you work hard)
      • make them from various sources (job/boss, volunteer supervisors, docs if you can, academic/professors)
      • ask for them by May/June & send reminders if needed
      • review the LOR requirements by school & try to get in the ballpark for most of them (some will let you substitute what you don't have & some give a little leeway for non-trads, hence the need for variability in LORs)
    • prepare your app early & submit it early (June/July)
    • apply for FAP (even if you think you won't get it or your parents are sketchy w/tax info)
    • Apply broadly (that means in-state, OOS & DO) - please consult MSAR
    • consider your motivations for medicine & see if you have a desire for the underserved and/or minority populations (you can include this in your primary and secondary apps, better aligning yourself with the mission of several schools that would be willing to take a chance on you)
    • Apply to 20+ schools (& I would say 25-30+ because of your MCAT & Cali residence)
    • Don't forget about the Charles/Drew program (I think there is some regional bias for that one, but someone correct me if I'm wrong)
Edit: Sorry if this is kind of messy. I'm supposed to be working lol

Last edited:
gpa: 3.57
sgpa: 3.54
mcat: score will be released in early may
EC: 500 hours as an ED scribe in low income area, 160 hours of hospital volunteering, 40 hours shadowing an emergency PA (wanted to see the difference), anticipate to have about 24-32 hours of shadowing family medicine DO by late may
AA male, non traditional, 26, straight out of Delaware

Last edited:
Hi everyone!

3.8 cGPA and sGPA. Majoring in biology. Taking my MCAT in May. Good EC's mostly with underserved populations and collegiate athlete. AA female.

I'm rlly excited and somewhat nervous about this process!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I think I'm going to reapply this year. In looking at my AMCAS GPA, it has gone up a deal since I first applied (additional 2-3 semesters of grades). If I applied last year rather late would reapplying this year with an early application (improved) be beneficial? This could all be a moot point because my app is still active at two of the three HBCUs.

My list:
Howard
Meharry
Morehouse
Central Michigan
Michigan State
Boonshoft
South Carolina

Last edited:
I think I'm going to reapply this year. In looking at my AMCAS GPA, it has gone up a deal since I first applied (additional 2-3 semesters of grades). If I applied last year rather late would reapplying this year with an early application (improved) be beneficial? This could all be a moot point because my app is still active at two of the three HBCUs.

My list:
Howard
Meharry
Morehouse
Central Michigan
Michigan State
Boonshoft
South Carolina
I think you should wait at least 1-2 years before reapplying. Not just for gpa/mcat reasons but to allow you to gain more ECs, relax, and focus on self care.

I think you should wait at least 1-2 years before reapplying. Not just for gpa/mcat reasons but to allow you to gain more ECs, relax, and focus on self care.

No

Crazy this is finally going down, stoked to be in this with you guys. Long time non-traditional lurker here gunning for my first application cycle.

GPA: 3.1cGPA | 3.0 sGPA | 3.94 Postbacc/Grad (83 credit mixed bag of prereq's, professional courses, and upper level Bio work)

Major: B.S. Molecular and Cell Bio, M.S. Biology and Health Sciences
MCAT: 511
Work: 10 years working EMS in an urban environment, last 5 of which were full time as a paramedic, educator, and critical care transport resource. Handful of projects worked on in this sector.
Volunteering: ~50-100 hours this past year. Mix of mentoring, health fairs, food kitchen's, etc.
Research: Applied for a couple research fellowships this summer, waiting to hear back.
Demographic: Mixed AA/Caucasian Male

Finished undergrad from a top 20 public with a dismal 2.5 gpa. Spent a few years as a creative (long, pretty unique story) and working to keep myself afloat before finding myself and coming full circle to a true commitment to wanting to serve as a physician.

As always I wish you the best of luck. Hope your experience this time around is much different for you emotionally and you can grow from the past.
Like some adcoms said here, show that the you of now is different than the you of before. Tbh I’m not convinced yet, mostly revolving around how much your future plans keep changing. I know it’s not what you want to hear, but there’s a reason behind why so many of us (not just me) think you should do some more reinvention.

EDIT: Saw you posted this in pre-allo a few weeks ago...the plan from Goro is so good, and many people want you to succeed. Logistics of Reapplying; SMPs

Why are you so hot and cold and keep coming up with different, sometimes unrealistic plans? I'm happy you're not considering the Caribbean anymore though.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

He tried to sneak back in the conversation lmaoo

My list:
Howard
Meharry
Morehouse
Central Michigan
Michigan State
Boonshoft
South Carolina

I would consider taking South Carolina off of the list. All SC med schools prefer in-state students if you’re not in-state. They want close ties to SC if you’re not from SC

I would consider taking South Carolina off of the list. All SC med schools prefer in-state students if you’re not in-state. They want close ties to SC if you’re not from SC

He'll likely keep is there anyway. Save your breath

Thank you

Also before this year's thread gets going again, just wanted to promote our Facebook group www.facebook.com/groups/MinoritiesinMedicine/ . We do PS and secondary essay reviews, mock interviews and just keep it hella positive. Also do giveaways (planning on doing more) and provide a great place to network. There are medical students that contribute great info and are from all walks of life. Look forward to see how this SDN thread develops over the year. All y'all will make great physicians. Good luck this cycle!

Reactions: 6 users
Yay! Our time has come. This next year is going to be peak neuroticism (for me at least), so I'm happy to have this thread up. Good Luck Everyone!

23 yr old AA Male (Haitian-American). Major: Psych B.S. Minors: Bio, Chem, and Art/Art History, from FL
  1. 3.88 cGPA, 3.8ish sGPA (based on an AMCAS converter found online)
  2. UMiami (Class of 2016) GO CANES!!!
  3. 516 (130,127,127,132)
  4. Clinical Experience: Currently at ~ 80 hours volunteering in ER Triage, projecting 100+ by app time, and will continue adding more during the cycle; Shadowing: Ortho Surgeon (~50 hours)
  5. Research: 2.5 years (~800 hours) of research in Evolutionary Social Psychology: including a senior thesis and thesis poster, 1 publication (final version of thesis project 3rd author), 1 national conference poster (3rd author); 9 week REU in Psychology at Cincy: worked on two pilot projects in Perceptual-Motor Dynamics and did posters for both projects (1st author on both)
  6. Non-clinical volunteering: very little; just scattered things I did throughout undergrad
  7. Other extracurricular activities:
    • 4 years Taekwondo and Aikido Clubs (e-board for both for 3 years) so I would say 1000+hours for them each, member of minority pre-med club, and inducted into Psi Chi (psych and neuro honor society) junior year.
    • Employment Activity: Undergrad 3 semesters STEM tutor at my school's tutoring center (~6hr/wk) 4 semesters working as a computer lab user assistant (~10-15hr/wk)
    • Gap years: by the time I apply 2+ years (2000+ hours) working in private education teaching kids with learning difficulties and/or disabilities (ex: dyslexia, dysgraphia, ADD/ADHD, ASD, etc.) to improve their language processing/comprehension and math skills.
A few months ago I had posted in WAMC and got some pretty positive feedback on my current app and my chances so my current list:

FL MDs and TX MDs
Emory
Harvard
Hopkins
NYU
Northwestern
UPenn
Stanford
UCLA
UCSD
UCSF
Pritzker
Cincy
UMich
Rochester
Cornell
WashU

Rochester, is my favorite currently, because of their emphasis on Biopsychosocial model which fits my background. Also, interested in their Master's in Medical Humanities program.

Reactions: 4 users
Yay! Our time has come. This next year is going to be peak neuroticism (for me at least), so I'm happy to have this thread up. Good Luck Everyone!

23 yr old AA Male (Haitian-American). Major: Psych B.S. Minors: Bio, Chem, and Art/Art History, from FL
  3. 516 (130,127,127,132)
  4. Clinical Experience: Currently at ~ 80 hours volunteering in ER Triage, projecting 100+ by app time, and will continue adding more during the cycle; Shadowing: Ortho Surgeon (~50 hours)
  5. Research: 2.5 years (~800 hours) of research in Evolutionary Social Psychology: including a senior thesis and thesis poster, 1 publication (final version of thesis project 3rd author), 1 national conference poster (3rd author); 9 week REU in Psychology at Cincy: worked on two pilot projects in Perceptual-Motor Dynamics and did posters for both projects (1st author on both)
  6. Non-clinical volunteering: very little; just scattered things I did throughout undergrad
    • 4 years Taekwondo and Aikido Clubs (e-board for both for 3 years) so I would say 1000+hours for them each, member of minority pre-med club, and inducted into Psi Chi (psych and neuro honor society) junior year.
    • Employment Activity: Undergrad 3 semesters STEM tutor at my school's tutoring center (~6hr/wk) 4 semesters working as a computer lab user assistant (~10-15hr/wk)
    • Gap years: by the time I apply 2+ years (2000+ hours) working in private education teaching kids with learning difficulties and/or disabilities (ex: dyslexia, dysgraphia, ADD/ADHD, ASD, etc.) to improve their language processing/comprehension and math skills.
A few months ago I had posted in WAMC and got some pretty positive feedback on my current app and my chances so my current list:

FL MDs and TX MDs
Emory
Harvard
Hopkins
NYU
Northwestern
UPenn
Stanford
UCLA
UCSD
UCSF
Pritzker
Cincy
UMich
Rochester
Cornell
WashU

Rochester, is my favorite currently, because of their emphasis on Biopsychosocial model which fits my background. Also, interested in their Master's in Medical Humanities program.

You’re gonna have an amazing cycle, just hope you’re ready for all the traveling! I think you’ll really like Pritzker too. I’m starting there in the fall and I think your background would fit really nicely there. With your stats, apply to any school you think you might like!

You’re gonna have an amazing cycle, just hope you’re ready for all the traveling! I think you’ll really like Pritzker too. I’m starting there in the fall and I think your background would fit really nicely there. With your stats, apply to any school you think you might like!
Thanks, I'm super nervous especially when seeing some crazy stats some students have. I really hope all this goes well and some random thing doesn't happen that screws me over. Literally, the only reason I have Pritzker and Northwestern on was that soon after I got my MCAT scores back last year, I got emails from their Diversity Offices saying they'd waive my secondary fees when I apply. Also, this list is contingent on getting FAP benefits (app in progress).

Also, congrats on going to Pritzker!

Thanks, I'm super nervous especially when seeing some crazy stats some students have. I really hope all this goes well and some random thing doesn't happen that screws me over. Literally, the only reason I have Pritzker and Northwestern on was that soon after I got my MCAT scores back last year, I got emails from their Diversity Offices saying they'd waive my secondary fees when I apply. Also, this list is contingent on getting FAP benefits (app in progress).

Also, congrats on going to Pritzker!

You have better stats than me, so on paper you have nothing to worry about! Just make sure you personal statement is in tip top shape and your activities are well written. That really goes for everyone.

My personal statement really helped me out on the interview trail, every single interviewer asked about it and whenever I talked about why I wanted to be a doctor I feel like that really understand what else I had to say because they read my story with my PS.

Also, with the FAP, I was initially declined because i could t get my fathers information because we’re estranged, but I just emailed them and they sent me a form to fill out and another party to fill out saying that I wasn’t estranged and then I got it. So, just make sure you contact AAMC if for some reason you get declined and you’re sure you should qualify.

3. 516 (130,127,127,132)

FL MDs and TX MDs
Emory
Harvard
Hopkins
NYU
Northwestern
UPenn
Stanford
UCLA
UCSD
UCSF
Pritzker
Cincy
UMich
Rochester
Cornell
WashU

Good luck!!! I'm sure you'll do great, also happy to see another Haitian-American here so I'm rooting for you ☺️

3. 516 (130,127,127,132)

FL MDs and TX MDs
Emory
Harvard
Hopkins
NYU
Northwestern
UPenn
Stanford
UCLA
UCSD
UCSF
Pritzker
Cincy
UMich
Rochester
Cornell
WashU

No Columbia?