2018-2019 Wright State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am a November 13th interviewer wondering when Ill hear back?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
has anyone who has gotten accepted received the background check materials?

Members don't see this ad :)
has anyone who has gotten accepted received the background check materials?
No, got accepted over a month ago and was also wondering about this! All I have so far is a new wright state email account

No, got accepted over a month ago and was also wondering about this! All I have so far is a new wright state email account
Same! I asked them about it and they said just to keep an eye out cause they're not sure when it'll get sent

Reactions: 1 users
When is the committee meeting this week? And when will we hear back?

I want to know this too. I'd much rather obsess on a specific day each week than non-stop for 3-4 weeks. lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using SDN mobile
Someone correct me if you have better information, but from what I am piecing together based on acceptance dates mentioned in this forum and some specific details the admissions office has told some of the commenters... it sounds like the committee will meet today and send acceptances tomorrow (however I don't know how backlogged they are). They likely then meet every other week.

The main thing that throws a wrench in this is Christmas and New Year's. No telling how that'll affect their schedule. They mentioned possibly taking a week longer due to the holidays, but I don't know if that will shift it from now on, or if they plan to meet two weeks in a row at some point (the 2nd and the 9th, for example).

Who knows? At any rate, I can chill out 6/7 days of the week, now. ;) I hope this is helpful to you guys, too!

Was
I emailed them yesterday and they directly opened up a section on my application just for updates. They were so nice about it over email as well!
Was this for pre or post interview??

Silence since completion early sept, keeping my fingers crossed that I'm not part of the first pre-II rejection wave...

Members don't see this ad :)
II this afternoon! I will be interviewing January 9th. So excited!! FL resident.

Reactions: 4 users
II this afternoon! I will be interviewing January 9th. So excited!! FL resident.
wow congrats! when were you complete if you don't mind me asking?

OOS, II today! A delightful surprise!

I'm looking at flights and I'm wondering if anyone who has interviewed has some insight for me- does the day actually end at 4pm? Is booking a flight out at 6:50pm plausible? Also, do they allow you to bring luggage to the interview / is there a place to put it?

OOS, II today! A delightful surprise!

I'm looking at flights and I'm wondering if anyone who has interviewed has some insight for me- does the day actually end at 4pm? Is booking a flight out at 6:50pm plausible? Also, do they allow you to bring luggage to the interview / is there a place to put it?

Congrats! Mind sharing when you were complete?

Every place I have interviewed has allowed you to bring luggage and a coat and put it in a room somewhere, but it wouldn’t hurt to send an email to the admissions office just to make sure. I’m sure they would be happy to accommodate.

Congrats! Mind sharing when you were complete?

Every place I have interviewed has allowed you to bring luggage and a coat and put it in a room somewhere, but it wouldn’t hurt to send an email to the admissions office just to make sure. I’m sure they would be happy to accommodate.

I was complete way back on 7/5! I really didn't expect to hear anything from this school because of the radio silence. I've only been to one interview where I saw people bringing luggage if I remember correctly, so that's why I asked!

Does this mean they’re reviewing more OOS applicants now :0

II this morning as well! First med school interview so I'm super nervous. Any advice?
OOS, CA, LM~65. Secondary received: 8/6, Secondary sent/completed: around 10/1, II: 12/19.

For those who have already visited, what was the most appealing/interesting thing about the school?
I also have the question about whether the day actually ends at 4PM.

Reactions: 5 users
II this morning as well! First med school interview so I'm super nervous. Any advice?
OOS, CA, LM~65. Secondary received: 8/6, Secondary sent/completed: around 10/1, II: 12/19.

For those who have already visited, what was the most appealing/interesting thing about the school?
I also have the question about whether the day actually ends at 4PM.

Hey! I had my interview early October, got accepted 2 weeks later. My SO is currently an M1 so I've been around the school as well. It's really relaxed, BSOM is primarily interested in seeing you as a real person, not just a drone who can't talk to people. I know it's worthless advice but really, don't be nervous. Everyone is super nice, the M2s will tell you whatever you want to know, I really like the school. Lmk if you have any specific questions!

For those who have interviewed, could you provide some details and pointers about the interview experience? It seems like a fairly relaxed, straightforward interview. Know why this school, why medicine, and your app. Yeah?

For those who have interviewed, could you provide some details and pointers about the interview experience? It seems like a fairly relaxed, straightforward interview. Know why this school, why medicine, and your app. Yeah?
Yeah, it's relaxed and straightforward. They kept reiterating that they just want to see you carry a conversation and that appeared largely true.

It was very laid back and fun. 2 interviews and 1 was laid back and a convo and the other was more stoic (got WL FWIW). Just know everything about your app cuz they asked me very in depth questions about my application (but again, this grilling was mostly the second interview and seems like most people had more casual conversations)

I have a few bad grades scattered in my application and my interviewer asked about every single one. However, he wasnt super mean spirited about it. I addressed them and it went fine - got accepted!

II 12/19/2018. Interview scheduled 1/16/2018. OOS applicant. Any pointers for interview day?

I got an interview! So excited. I applied late in the cycle but am finally starting to get interviews from schools :)

Strange question:

At another school I interviewed at, they put us interviewees in a groupme before our interview so that we could coordinate rides or stays... I know Wright doesn't do that, but does anyone know if they would receptive to doing so? I'm looking for people to split an airbnb house with me lol but I understand it's not likely to happen. Just thought I'd ask.

When do you interview? I'd be down to get dinner with people the night before.

I was looking at last year's thread, and it looked as though people who interviewed in and after January were waitlisted. Does anyone know if this is a trend? Or do you know of people who were accepted after interviewing in January, February, etc?

Not sure but not everyone is on SDN...

According to their website, "Acceptances are granted on the basis of the Committee rating. Those with the highest ratings receive acceptances first. Normally, interviewing and the final Committee review are completed by end of March."

Not sure but not everyone is on SDN...

According to their website, "Acceptances are granted on the basis of the Committee rating. Those with the highest ratings receive acceptances first. Normally, interviewing and the final Committee review are completed by end of March."

Thanks! I realize not everyone is on SDN, but I was just curious.

I was looking at last year's thread, and it looked as though people who interviewed in and after January were waitlisted. Does anyone know if this is a trend? Or do you know of people who were accepted after interviewing in January, February, etc?

From what I could tell on last year's thread, many people were accepted from the waitlist as late as June! So I think as long as you interview, don't give up hope. Around April, they tell you if you are in the top, middle, or bottom 1/3 of the WL. It seems as though everyone in the top 1/3 and some in the middle 1/3 were accepted.

Any idea if the committee's giving acceptances today? Next week? Not sure how the holidays affect things.

From what I could tell on last year's thread, many people were accepted from the waitlist as late as June! So I think as long as you interview, don't give up hope. Around April, they tell you if you are in the top, middle, or bottom 1/3 of the WL. It seems as though everyone in the top 1/3 and some in the middle 1/3 were accepted.

Thank you! Definitely not giving up hope!

Does anyone know if Wright accepts pre-ii update letters?