2018 Match List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Maybe you’re right... it’s just being from the area you know where the good areas are. LA is huge and a lot of the areas aren’t good, but the UCLA site is in one of the best areas and it’s affiliated with the best hospital in the region. Even Cedars Sinai and USC don’t have FM residencies.

California Hospital Medical Center is in downtown LA— but the patient population is difficult to deal with. The only other ones I can think of in the area are Kaiser LA, Dignity Northridge, and Glendale Adventist. Northridge and Adventist are a good 15-20 miles away from West LA as well.

With Anesthesia, you have UCLA, Cedars, USC, and Kaiser — with, in general, a smaller applicant pool applying for Anesthesia than FM. This is why I concluded that the FM residency is harder to get into (along with seeing more DO’s in competitive Anesthesia residencies than FM residencies in match lists).

Location alone makes it more competitive within FM I'm sure, but I think top FM applicants are more dispersed than say, IM, as they tend to value prestige less and look into programs with the best fit. Job market is good, there aren't competitive fellowships to gun for, and few are interested in research careers. The other factor is that some prioritize unopposed programs, which most the traditional elite names are not.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Location alone makes it more competitive within FM I'm sure, but I think top FM applicants are more dispersed than say, IM, as they tend to value prestige less and look into programs with the best fit. Job market is good, there aren't competitive fellowships to gun for, and few are interested in research careers. The other factor is that some prioritize unopposed programs, which most the traditional elite names are not.

I agree. Really just wish we had more GME programs in LA. For the second largest city in the U.S., we really don't have enough spots. And no one seems to care because more than enough physicians from everywhere else are willing to flock to LA. So for people who actually grew up there and want to get back, it's really tough for residency.

Seeing as how I'm from the area and know the logistics of the residencies in the area, I know enough to make that statement. LA is the second biggest city in the U.S., with GME severely lacking compared to the East Coast. This FM residency is in the heart of LA (and in the best area) and it's the only one offered by an academic institution directly. (We have Kaiser but it's more of a strong community-hospital than an academic center). We only have UCLA and USC in LA -- with USC not offering a FM residency directly. Take a look at their residents for yourselves:

Residents

Oh, and don't be fooled when you see the IMG's on the list. UCLA has a special IMG program where they recruit these students specifically, thereby reducing the number of spots even more.

And @Lexdiamondz, I think I lost the memo where studying organ systems, anatomy, biochemistry, pathology, etc. taught me how to understand how residency programs work. But hey, anything you can use to try to prove your (really weak) point that you're right, huh.

Regardless of where you grew up, unless you've been a student at UCLA or a resident in both programmes and have intimate knowledge of what their GME leadership looks for in residents, what their median USMLE scores are (not off FRIEDA), what their interview process is like and what their ranking algorithm entails you absolutely have no valid basis upon which you can make the claim that an FM match at that particular institution is harder than anaesthesia or any other match.

Again, you're an OMS-I with minimal at best insight into the match process. People of your ilk making proclamations about a process they've never been through (and who may not even reach that point since it's yet to be seen whether you'll make it through your boards and clinicals) just sound nonsensical.

Maybe you’re right... it’s just being from the area you know where the good areas are.

Not really. Training in the area and networking with people in academia who actually know what they're talking about lets you know what the good programmes are.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Regardless of where you grew up, unless you've been a student at UCLA or a resident in both programmes and have intimate knowledge of what their GME leadership looks for in residents, what their median USMLE scores are (not off FRIEDA), what their interview process is like and what their ranking algorithm entails you absolutely have no valid basis upon which you can make the claim that an FM match at that particular institution is harder than anaesthesia or any other match.

Again, you're an OMS-I with minimal at best insight into the match process. People of your ilk making proclamations about a process they've never been through (and who may not even reach that point since it's yet to be seen whether you'll make it through your boards and clinicals) just sound nonsensical.

Not really. Training in the area and networking with people in academia who actually know what they're talking about lets you know what the good programmes are.

Please enlighten us on how you are more equipped to respond than I am. Do you have any connections to UCLA or the area? Any insights as to this specific FM program? Or any residencies in LA for that matter.

And sorry, I don’t buy into the argument that me being an OMS-1 equates to me knowing less about how the match process works. As an OMS-4/Resident, you have more experience applying for the match, but knowledge these days is all over the internet. I’ve spoken to multiple M4’s and I have contributed info to them as a first year that they didn’t know— conversely they have shared information with me that I didn’t know.

I’ve met 4th years, some who have matched, who know WAY LESS than me when it comes to the match. Why? Because they didn’t care about it so much. They just applied, interviewed, matched, and called it a day. Just focused on the few programs they wanted and didn’t care about the rest. Stop trying to justify your med school year as intrinsically giving you more information than you have.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Please enlighten us on how you are more equipped to respond than I am. Do you have any connections to UCLA or the area? Any insights as to this specific FM program? Or any residencies in LA for that matter.

And sorry, I don’t buy into the argument that me being an OMS-1 equates to me knowing less about how the match process works. As an OMS-4/Resident, you have more experience applying for the match, but knowledge these days is all over the internet. I’ve spoken to multiple M4’s and I have contributed info to them as a first year that they didn’t know— conversely they have shared information with me that I didn’t know.

I’ve met 4th years, some who have matched, who know WAY LESS than me when it comes to the match. Why? Because they didn’t care about it so much. They just applied, interviewed, matched, and called it a day. Just focused on the few programs they wanted and didn’t care about the rest. Stop trying to justify your med school year as intrinsically giving you more information than you have.
You really have no idea what you're taking about. I honestly do appreciate that you are informing yourself on your upcoming match and you will be better off for it, but I tell you, it's like someone without kids telling you how to parent. Or someone without a license telling a trucker how to drive. You're on track for some bad evals in 3rd year if you keep trying to tell people above you what you think you know better.

Reactions: 8 users

I don't, and I'm 100% comfortable saying that without blowing smoke up anyones arse. I was curious what made you make that statement re: the two UCLA programmes and your answer was " I grew up there" and a bunch of assumptions and unsubstantiated conjecture. You literally made up an opinion from nothing.

There's a bunch of knowledge on the internet, yes but you don't have any context within which to put any of that knowledge into perspective. Quite frankly, most of what gets posted online is garbage, and that's just as true for these forums as it is for most things, and without the prerequisite experience you have no idea how to sift through what's useful and what's noise and what ends up happening is you end up repeating garbage and making up silly statements and parading them about as facts, in turn misleading other people.

You saying that your opinion is valid because you read some stuff online is no different from patients saying that their opinions are valid because they went on WebMD. It's nonsense. Please stop.

I don't, and I'm 100% comfortable saying that without blowing smoke up anyones arse. I was curious what made you make that statement re: the two UCLA programmes and your answer was " I grew up there" and a bunch of assumptions and unsubstantiated conjecture. You literally made up an opinion from nothing.

There's a bunch of knowledge on the internet, yes but you don't have any context within which to put any of that knowledge into perspective. Quite frankly, most of what gets posted online is garbage, and that's just as true for these forums as it is for most things, and without the prerequisite experience you have no idea how to sift through what's useful and what's noise and what ends up happening is you end up repeating garbage and making up silly statements and parading them about as facts, in turn misleading other people.

You saying that your opinion is valid because you read some stuff online is no different from patients saying that their opinions are valid because they went on WebMD. It's nonsense. Please stop.

I NEVER claimed, nor do I ever on here, that what I say is fact. I say it, and it's my opinion. How can anyone OBJECTIVELY (regardless of how experienced you are or not) really make a claim that a FM residency in one program is more or less competitive than an Anesthesiology residency at another program? Sure you can look at some data like numbers, but it really is all opinion and it's kind of presumed to be too. You claim to know more than I do, yet have no substance to add to the conversation. AT ALL. You just keep trying to discredit what I'm saying. At least the other posters like @Dwan say something, from their more experienced perspective, and it helps enlighten me on something I didn't know. I have far more respect for that then someone who just bashes me down without adding any substance to the convo.

@DocWinter If you pay attention to the conversation, you will see that I have not tried to prove that I know more than anyone else on here. Rather, and unfortunately so, I need to prove that just because I'm a first year student doesn't mean that I don't know squat about residency matching. I understand you think that it's comparable to the other examples you have listed, but I disagree with that statement. That's it. And if you want to prove me wrong, please prove me wrong with facts or more insight as to how I am wrong and correct me as opposed to just saying I'm wrong. I will have far more respect for that and will learn something from it, along with acknowledging the limits of my knowledge, as opposed to being blatantly shut down just because of my class year.

I NEVER claimed, nor do I ever on here, that what I say is fact. I say it, and it's my opinion. How can anyone OBJECTIVELY (regardless of how experienced you are or not) really make a claim that a FM residency in one program is more or less competitive than an Anesthesiology residency at another program? Sure you can look at some data like numbers, but it really is all opinion and it's kind of presumed to be too. You claim to know more than I do, yet have no substance to add to the conversation. AT ALL. You just keep trying to discredit what I'm saying. At least the other posters like @Dwan say something, from their more experienced perspective, and it helps enlighten me on something I didn't know. I have far more respect for that then someone who just bashes me down without adding any substance to the convo.

@DocWinter If you pay attention to the conversation, you will see that I have not tried to prove that I know more than anyone else on here. Rather, and unfortunately so, I need to prove that just because I'm a first year student doesn't mean that I don't know squat about residency matching. I understand you think that it's comparable to the other examples you have listed, but I disagree with that statement. That's it. And if you want to prove me wrong, please prove me wrong with facts or more insight as to how I am wrong and correct me as opposed to just saying I'm wrong. I will have far more respect for that and will learn something from it, along with acknowledging the limits of my knowledge, as opposed to being blatantly shut down just because of my class year.

tl;dr please

• Dislike
Reactions: 2 users
so maybe this has been answered already but i am to lazy to look. Whats the likely hood of places only accepting steps as opposed to Comlex in 2020? A handful of programs in MI are doing this and they were former AOAs

And if you want to prove me wrong, please prove me wrong with facts or more insight as to how I am wrong
You're wrong because still won't take advice. I won't get into all your arguments on the topic because I really don't care. The fact remains is that you are a 1st year student and while I don't look down on you for that, you tell me you disagree with the facts presented you and that your knowledge superseded the glaring gap that is your sheer lack of experience in this topic of matching residency.

You don't want direction, you want a seat at a table that you simply cannot gain except for going through the process and gaining the knowledge it brings, not to mention the respect of your peers.

I mean this with no malice but you will be at risk of failing rotations and damaging your career with this cocky "if you pay attention" attitude.

Last edited:
I didn’t realize what was going on in this thread until i realized i ignored this cat over a year ago when it was clear that he/she is exactly like everyone in undergrad and medschool whose whole identity hinges on being the expert on everything. SDN got much better afterwards.

Reactions: 3 users
Seeing as how I'm from the area and know the logistics of the residencies in the area, I know enough to make that statement. LA is the second biggest city in the U.S., with GME severely lacking compared to the East Coast. This FM residency is in the heart of LA (and in the best area) and it's the only one offered by an academic institution directly. (We have Kaiser but it's more of a strong community-hospital than an academic center). We only have UCLA and USC in LA -- with USC not offering a FM residency directly. Take a look at their residents for yourselves:

Residents

Oh, and don't be fooled when you see the IMG's on the list. UCLA has a special IMG program where they recruit these students specifically, thereby reducing the number of spots even more.

And @Lexdiamondz, I think I lost the memo where studying organ systems, anatomy, biochemistry, pathology, etc. taught me how to understand how residency programs work. But hey, anything you can use to try to prove your (really weak) point that you're right, huh.

I think what the other users are trying to get you to understand is you need to have some real knowledge on the subject for your opinion to be taken seriously on this particular matter. You don’t have that, and thus your opinion should be discarded. That’s not to say that your opinion shouldn’t be voiced, but don’t be defensive when nobody takes you seriously. And no, they don’t have to prove you wrong.

Maybe you’re right... it’s just being from the area you know where the good areas are. LA is huge and a lot of the areas aren’t good, but the UCLA site is in one of the best areas and it’s affiliated with the best hospital in the region. Even Cedars Sinai and USC don’t have FM residencies.

California Hospital Medical Center is in downtown LA— but the patient population is difficult to deal with. The only other ones I can think of in the area are Kaiser LA, Dignity Northridge, and Glendale Adventist. Northridge and Adventist are a good 15-20 miles away from West LA as well.

With Anesthesia, you have UCLA, Cedars, USC, and Kaiser — with, in general, a smaller applicant pool applying for Anesthesia than FM. This is why I concluded that the FM residency is harder to get into (along with seeing more DO’s in competitive Anesthesia residencies than FM residencies in match lists).

You can’t make the claim that the FM residency is more difficult to get into than an anesthesia residency in the same area. Come on now man you’re digging in and spewing out conjecture with no real basis other than being from there. Bow out and acknowledge you made a conclusion that was faulty. Doesn’t hurt you to admit you don’t have the answers. FM will never be more competitive than anesthesia. Regardless of number of programs, applicant pools, etc, a career with 350+K salary will be harder to match than one with 190-230K and nothing but clinic time.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
18 pages and like 4 match lists.

Classic.

Reactions: 7 users
I get where you're all getting at, and I agree. Have a good night y'all. Sorry for any confusion or incorrect info I stated.

MSUCOM Official Match List 2018 (sorry for the formatting some of the PGY-2 matches have their PGY-1 match listed first)

Anesthesiology Detroit Medical Center/WSU, MI NRMP 2018
Anesthesiology Henry Ford Hospital, MI NRMP 2018
Anesthesiology Beaumont Health System-OUWB, MI NRMP 2018
Anesthesiology University of Michigan Hosptial, Ann Arbor MI NRMP 2018
Anesthesiology Henry Ford Hospital, MI NRMP 2018
Anesthesiology University of Michigan Hosptial, Ann Arbor MI NRMP 2018
Anesthesiology McLaren Greater Lansing, Lansing MI AOA 2018
Anesthesiology Detroit Medical Center/WSU, MI NRMP 2018
Anesthesiology McLaren Greater Lansing, Lansing MI AOA 2018
Anesthesiology Medical College of Wisconsin Affiliated Hospitals, WI NRMP 2018

Emergency Medicine Henry Ford Allegiance Health, Jackson MI AOA 2018
Emergency Medicine St. John Macomb-Oakland Hospital, MI NRMP 2018
Emergency Medicine Beaumont Hospital - Trenton, Trenton MI AOA 2018
Emergency Medicine Henry Ford Allegiance Health, MI NRMP 2018
Emergency Medicine Garden City Hospital, Garden City MI AOA 2018
Emergency Medicine Beaumont Hospital - Farmington Hills, Farmington Hills MI AOA 2018
Emergency Medicine St. Mary Mercy Hospital, MI NRMP 2018
Emergency Medicine Western Michigan University Stryker SOM, MI NRMP 2018
Emergency Medicine University of Toledo, OH NRMP 2018
Emergency Medicine McLaren Oakland, MI NRMP 2018
Emergency Medicine St. Mary Mercy Hospital, MI NRMP 2018
Emergency Medicine Sparrow Hospital, Lansing MI NRMP 2018
Emergency Medicine Botsford Hospital, MI NRMP 2018
Emergency Medicine University of Illinois COM, Chicago IL NRMP 2018
Emergency Medicine Spectrum Health/MSUCHM, Grand Rapids MI NRMP 2018
Emergency Medicine Spectrum Health/CHM, Grand Rapids MI NRMP 2018
Emergency Medicine Mercy Health, Muskegon MI AOA 2018
Emergency Medicine McLaren Oakland, Pontiac MI NRMP 2018
Emergency Medicine Centeral Michigan COM NRMP 2018
Emergency Medicine Henry Ford Allegiance Health, MI NRMP 2018
Emergency Medicine Beaumont Hospital - Farmington Hills, Farmington Hills MI AOA 2018
Emergency Medicine Aria Health, Philadelphia PA AOA 2018
Emergency Medicine Detroit Medical Center/WSU Sinai Grace, Detroit MI NRMP 2018
Emergency Medicine Detroit Medical Center/WSU, MI NRMP 2018
Emergency Medicine Case Western/University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center, OH NRMP 2018
Emergency Medicine St. John Hospital, MI NRMP 2018
Emergency Medicine McLaren Macomb, MI NRMP 2018
Emergency Medicine Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond VA AOA 2018
Emergency Medicine Beaumont Hospital- Farmington Hills, Farmington Hills MI AOA 2018
Emergency Medicine Beaumont Hospital- Farmington Hills, Farmington Hills MI AOA 2018

ENT St John Providence Health System, Warren MI AOA 2018
ENT Beaumont Hospital - Farmington Hills, Farmington Hills MI AOA 2018
ENT McLaren Scramble 2018
ENT Henry Ford Macomb Hospital, MI NRMP 2018
ENT St. Barnabas Medical Center, Livingston NJ AOA 2018

Family Medicine McLaren Oakland, Pontiac MI AOA 2018
Family Medicine Case Western/University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center, OH NRMP 2018
Family Medicine Providence Park Hopsital/MSUCHM, MI NRMP 2018
Family Medicine Valley Hospital Medical Center, Las Vegas NV AOA 2018
Family Medicine Providence Park Hospital/MSUCHM, MI NRMP 2018
Family Medicine Detroit Wayne County Health Authority, Detroit MI AOA 2018
Family Medicine McLaren Oakland, Pontiac MI Scramble 2018
Family Medicine Authority Health Family Medicine, Detroit MI Scramble 2018
Family Medicine Metro Health Hospital - University of Michigan, Wyoming MI AOA 2018
Family Medicine Beaumont Hospital - Farmington Hills, Farmington Hills MI AOA 2018
Family Medicine McLaren Greater Lansing, Lansing MI AOA 2018
Family Medicine Genesys Regional Medical Center Health Park, Grand Blanc MI AOA 2018
Family Medicine University of Toronto, Toronto Canada CaRMS 2018
Family Medicine Mercy Memorial Hospital System, MI SOAP 2018
Family Medicine Henry Ford Macomb Hospitals MEP, Clinton Township MI NRMP 2018
Family Medicine UPMS McKeesport, McKeesport PA AOA 2018
Family Medicine Beaumont Hospital - Trenton, Trenton MI AOA 2018
Family Medicine Western University, Windsor Canada CaRMS 2018
Family Medicine UPMC St. Margaret, Pittsburgh PA AOA 2018
Family Medicine Mercy Health, Muskegon MI AOA 2018
Family Medicine Fairview Hospital, OH NRMP 2018
Family Medicine E Bergquist USAF Reg Hospital, Omaha NE NRMP 2018
Family Medicine McLaren Macomb, Mount Clemens MI AOA 2018
Family Medicine Metro Health Hospital- University of Michigan, Wyoming MI AOA 2018
Family Medicine Spectrum Health/MSUCHM, Grand Rapids MI NRMP 2018
Family Medicine Lake Cumberland Hospital, Somerset, KY Scramble 2018
Family Medicine JFK Medical Center, NJ NRMP 2018
Family Medicine Beaumont Health System-OUWB, Grosse Pointe MI NRMP 2018
Family Medicine Detroit Wayne County Health Authority, Detroit MI AOA 2018
Family Medicine Authority Health Family Medicine, Detroit MI Pre-Match 2018
Family Medicine Detroit Wayne County Health Authority, Detroit MI Scramble 2018
Family Medicine Beaumont Hospital - Trenton, Trenton MI AOA 2018
Family Medicine Beaumont Health System, Troy MI NRMP 2018
Family Medicine Beaumont Health System, Troy MI NRMP 2018
Family Medicine Munson Medical Center, Traverse City MI NRMP 2018
Family Medicine McLaren Oakland, Pontiac MI Scramble 2018
Family Medicine Sparrow Hospital, Lansing MI NRMP 2018
Family Medicine McLaren Hospital, Bay Region Scramble 2018
Family Medicine McLaren Oakland, Pontiac MI AOA 2018
Family Medicine Lakeland Health, St. Joseph MI AOA 2018
Family Medicine Sisters of Charity Hospital, Buffalo NY AOA 2018
Family Medicine Henry Ford Macomb Hospital, MI NRMP 2018
Family Medicine Genesys Regional Medical Center - Health Park, Grand Blanc MI AOA 2018
Family Medicine Millcreek Community Hospital, Erie PA AOA 2018
Family Medicine E Bergquist USAF Reg Hospital, Omaha NE AOA 2018
Family Medicine Penn Highlands Healthcare, DuBois PA AOA 2018
Family Medicine Comanche County Memorial Hospital, Lawton OK AOA 2018
Family Medicine Adventist LaGrange Memorial Hospital, La Grange IL AOA 2018
Family Medicine Munson Medical Center, Traverse City MI AOA 2018
Family Medicine Genesys Regional Medical Center - Health Park, Grand Blanc MI AOA 2018
Family Medicine Henry Ford Macomb Hospital, MI NRMP 2018
Family Medicine Sparrow Hospital, Lansing MI NRMP 2018
Family Medicine Akron General Medical Center/NEOMED, OH NRMP 2018
Family Medicine Wayne County Authority Health, Detroit MI Scramble 2018
Family Medicine Metro Health Hospital - University of Michigan, Wyoming MI AOA 2018
Family Medicine Botsford Hospital, MI Scramble 2018
Family Medicine Pinnacle Health Community General Hospital, Harrisburg PA AOA 2018
Family Medicine Beaumont Hospital- Farmington Hills, Farmington Hills MI AOA 2018
Family Medicine Beaumont Hospital Troy, Sterling Heights MI AOA 2018
Family Medicine Beaumont Hospital- Farmington Hills, Farmington Hills MI AOA 2018
Family Medicine Natividad Medical Center, CA NRMP 2018
Family Medicine Penn Highlands Healthcare, DuBois PA AOA 2018
Family Medicine Doctor's Hospital, Columbus OH Scramble 2018
Family Medicine Heritage Valley Health System, Beaver Falls PA Scramble 2018
Family Medicine St. Joseph Mercy Livingston, Ann Arbor MI AOA 2018
Family Medicine MacNeal Hospital, IL NRMP 2018
Family Medicine/Osteopathic St. John Macomb-Oakland Hospital, MI NRMP 2018

General Surgery Beaumont Hospital - Farmington Hills, Farmington Hills MI AOA 2018
General Surgery Wright Patterson Air Force Base, Dayton OH NRMP 2018
General Surgery Henry Ford Macomb Hospitals MEP, Clinton Township MI AOA 2018
General Surgery McLaren General Surgery Consortium, Mount Clemens MI AOA 2018
General Surgery Metro Health Hospital - University of Michigan, Wyoming PA AOA 2018
General Surgery Genesys Regional Medical Center - Health Park, Grand Blanc MI AOA 2018

Internal Medicine Beaumont Hospital, Farmington Hill MI AOA 2018
Internal Medicine Detroit Medical Center/WSU Sinai Grace, Detroit MI NRMP 2018
Internal Medicine Henry Ford Hospital, MI NRMP 2018
Internal Medicine Beaumont Health System-OUWB, MI NRMP 2018
Internal Medicine Providence Park Hopsital/MSUCHM, MI NRMP 2018
Internal Medicine Beaumont Hospital - Farmington Hills, Farmington Hills MI AOA 2018
Internal Medicine St. Joseph Mercy Livingston, Ann Arbor MI NRMP 2018
Internal Medicine Edward W. Sparrow Hospital, Lansing MI AOA 2018
Internal Medicine Metro Health - University of Michigan Health System, Wyoming MI Scramble 2018
Internal Medicine St. John Hospital, MI NRMP 2018
Internal Medicine Florida State University COM, Sarasota FL NRMP 2018
Internal Medicine Beaumont Hospital - Farmington Hills, Farmington Hills MI AOA 2018
Internal Medicine Oklahoma Surgical Hospital, Tulsa OK Scramble 2018
Internal Medicine Genesys Regional Medical Center - Health Park, Grand Blanc MI AOA 2018
Internal Medicine Western Michigan University Stryker SOM, MI NRMP 2018
Internal Medicine Mercy Health, Grand Rapids MI NRMP 2018
Internal Medicine Cleveland Clinic, OH NRMP 2018
Internal Medicine St. Joseph Mercy, Ann Arbor, MI NRMP 2018
Internal Medicine Beaumont Hospital - Trenton, Trenton MI AOA 2018
Internal Medicine St. Joseph Mercy, Ann Arbor MI NRMP 2018
Internal Medicine St. Mary Mercy Hospital, MI SOAP 2018
Internal Medicine McLaren Greater Lansing, Lansing MI AOA 2018
Internal Medicine Beaumont Health System-OUWB, MI NRMP 2018
Internal Medicine Edward W. Sparrow Hospital, Lansing MI AOA 2018
Internal Medicine Detroit Medical Center/WSU Sinai Grace, Detroit MI NRMP 2018
Internal Medicine Genesys Regional Medical Center, MI NRMP 2018
Internal Medicine McLaren Greater Lansing, Lansing MI AOA 2018
Internal Medicine Metro Hospital, Grand Rapids MI Scramble 2018
Internal Medicine Mercy Helath Muskegon, MI NRMP 2018
Internal Medicine McLaren Macomb, Mount Clemens MI AOA 2018
Internal Medicine Henry Ford Allegiance Health, MI NRMP 2018
Internal Medicine Metro Health, Grand Rapids, MI Scramble 2018
Internal Medicine McLaren Macomb, Mount Clemens MI AOA 2018
Internal Medicine Western Michigan University Stryker SOM, MI NRMP 2018
Internal Medicine Naval Hospital, San Diego CA NRMP 2018
Internal Medicine Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, Bethesda MD NRMP 2018
Internal Medicine/Osteopathic St. John Macomb-Oakland Hospital, MI NRMP 2018
Internal Medicine/Osteopathic St. John Macomb, MI NRMP 2018

Medicine-Pediatrics Beaumont Health System-OUWB, MI NRMP 2018
Medicine-Pediatrics Detroit Medical Center/WSU, MI NRMP 2018
Medicine-Pediatrics Spectrum Health/MSUCHM, Grand Rapids MI NRMP 2018

Medicine-Preliminary Radiology-Diagnostic St. Vincent Charity Medical Center, OH/ McLaren Oakland, Pontiac MI SOAP NRMP 2018

Medicine-Primary Cleveland Clinic, OH NRMP 2018

Neurology St. John Providence Health System, Warren MI AOA 2018
Neurology Spectrum Health/MSUCHM, Grand Rapids MI NRMP 2018
Neurology Cleveland Clinic, OH NRMP 2018
Neurology Grandview Hospital & Medical Center, Dayton OH AOA 2018
Neurology Botsford Hospital, MI NRMP 2018
Neurology Loma Linda Univeristy, CA NRMP 2018
Neurology Spectrum Health/CHM, Grand Rapids MI NRMP 2018
Neurology Beaumont Hospital - Farmington Hills, Farmington Hills MI AOA 2018
Neurology Sparrow Hospital, Lansing MI NRMP 2018
Neurology Beaumont Hospital- Farmington Hills, Farmington Hills MI AOA 2018
Neurology Botsford Hospital, MI SOAP 2018

Obstetrics-Gynecology Henry Ford Macomb Hospital, MI NRMP 2018
Obstetrics-Gynecology University of Toledo, OH NRMP 2018
Obstetrics-Gynecology Providence Park Hospital/MSUCHM, MI NRMP 2018
Obstetrics-Gynecology Geisinger Health System, PA NRMP 2018
Obstetrics-Gynecology Providence Park Hospital/MSUCHM, MI NRMP 2018

Orthopedic Surgery McLaren Oakland, Pontiac MI AOA 2018
Orthopedic Surgery Beaumont Hospital - Farmington Hills, Farmington Hills MI AOA 2018
Orthopedic Surgery Henry Ford Macomb Hospitals MEP, Clinton Township MI AOA 2018

Pediatrics Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee WI NRMP 2018
Pediatrics Authority Health Family Medicine, Detroit MI Pre-Match 2018
Pediatrics Univeristy of Oklahoma COM, Tulsa OK NRMP 2018
Pediatrics Detroit Wayne County Health Authority, Detroit MI PreMatch 2018
Pediatrics Michigan State Univesity CHM, East Lansing NRMP 2018
Pediatrics Michigan State Univesity CHM, East Lansing NRMP 2018
Pediatrics Childrens Hospital of Michigan NRMP 2018
Pediatrics Beaumont Health System-OUWB, MI NRMP 2018
Pediatrics LSU SOM/New Orleans, LA SOAP 2018
Pediatrics St. John Hospital, MI NRMP 2018

Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Michigan State University CHM, East Lansing MI NRMP 2018
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Beaumont Health System-OUWB, MI NRMP 2018

Psychiatry Michigan State University CHM, East Lansing MI NRMP 2018
Psychiatry Centeral Michigan Univeristy COM, MI NRMP 2018
Psychiatry Indiana University School of Medicine NRMP 2018
Psychiatry Cleveland Clinic, OH NRMP 2018
Psychiatry Pine Rest Christian Mental Health Services, Grand Rapids MI NRMP 2018
Psychiatry University of Maryland Medical Center, Sheppard Pratt, MD NRMP 2018
Psychiatry Henry Ford Hospital, MI NRMP 2018
Psychiatry Detroit Medical Center/WSU, MI NRMP 2018
Psychiatry Barnes-Jewish Hospital, MO NRMP 2018
Psychiatry MSUCOM, East Lansing MI AOA 2018
Psychiatry Henry Ford Hospital, MI NRMP 2018
Psychiatry Cleveland Clinic, OH NRMP 2018
Psychiatry Detroit Medical Center/WSU, MI NRMP 2018

Surgery-Preliminary Radiology-Diagnostic St. Joseph Mercy Oakland, MI/Loyola University Medical Center, IL SOAP NRMP 2018

Surgery-Preliminary St. John Macomb, MI Scramble 2018

Traditional Rotating Internship Garden City Scramble 2018
Traditional Rotating Internship Nassau University Hospital, NY Scramble 2018
Traditional Rotating Internship New York City Health + Hospitals, Coney Island Campus, Brooklyn NY Scramble 2018
Traditional Rotating Internship Dermatology Beaumont Hospital - Trenton, Trenton MI/St. Joseph Mercy Livingston, MI AOA NRMP 2018
Traditional Rotating Internship Garden City Hospital Scramble 2018
Traditional Rotating Internship Grandview Hospital & Medical Center, Dayton OH Scramble 2018
Traditional Rotating Internship Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, Bethesda MD AOA 2018

Transitional PM&R Detroit Medical Center/WSU, MI/Burke Rehabilitation Hospital, NY NRMP NRMP 2018
Transitional Radiology-Diagnostic Henry Ford Allegiance Health, MI/Medicial College of Georgia, GA NRMP 2018
Transitional PM&R St. Josepth Mercy, Ann Arbor MI/Mayo Clinic School of Graduate Medical Education, MN NRMP 2018
Transitional PM&R Henry Ford Hospital, MI/Carolinas Medicial Center, NC NRMP NRMP 2018
Transitional Year General Surgery SAUSHEC - Brooke Army MC/Wilford Hall USAF MC, San Antonio TX NRMP 2018

Transitional/Osteopathic St. John Macomb-Oakland Hospital, MI SOAP 2018
Transitional/Osteopathic St. John Macomb-Oakland Hospital, MI SOAP 2018

Urology University of Louisville School of Medicine, KY AUA 2018

MSUCOM Official Match List 2018 (sorry for the formatting some of the PGY-2 matches have their PGY-1 match listed first)

ENT McLaren Scramble 2018

This person is living right lol.

Reactions: 13 users
The urology AUA match at Louisville is really impressive... would love to know their CV.

And holy crap, the future EM physicians of America, brought to you by MSUCOM

As someone aiming for EM I’m loving that more and more DOs are matching it even as the merger draws closer.

I count 43 out of 265 placements went EM at MSUCOM this year. 16.2%.

82/265 went FM (30.9%)
50/265 went IM (18.9%)

The urology AUA match at Louisville is really impressive... would love to know their CV.

I talked to them and they had extremely strong research with a famous PI in the field, solid step 1, amazing step 2, and were overall a chill person to talk to. So the full package basically lol

I talked to them and they had extremely strong research with a famous PI in the field, solid step 1, amazing step 2, and were overall a chill person to talk to. So the full package basically lol

How many pubs and do you have ballpark figures for the Step scores? PM me if you want

Why are people so interested in EM? Half my class is gungho about EM, but the thought of doing overnight shift work into my 50's makes me shiver. :eek:

Reactions: 5 users
I count 43 out of 265 went EM at MSUCOM this year. 16.2%.
Why are people so interested in EM? Half my class is gungho about EM, but the thought of doing overnight shift work into my 50's makes me shiver. :eek:

Scribing. Also despite the likelihood that physicians are generally more a long-term planning bunch than the general population, it is impossible to feel the pain of being 50 as a 25-30 year old.

Source: am age 20-30 and have tried to feel the pain but it is still more of a distant concept that hasn’t sunk in enough to impact my career choices very much.

Scribing. Also despite the likelihood that physicians are generally more a long-term planning bunch than the general population, it is impossible to feel the pain of being 50 as a 25-30 year old.

Source: am age 20-30 and have tried to feel the pain but it is still more of a distant concept that hasn’t sunk in enough to impact my career choices very much.
More power to you if EM seems like your calling, but it sounds like a field I burn out of eventually. In all likelihood if I did EM I'd end up as a professor of a medical school to get away from it when I was in my late 40s-50s lol

More power to you if EM seems like your calling, but it sounds like a field I burn out of eventually. In all likelihood if I did EM I'd end up as a professor of a medical school to get away from it when I was in my late 40s-50s lol
That's perfect because @BorntobeDO? will have a nice rural COM professorship for you to (non)-profit from once you burn out.

I do think people, myself included, should be more thoughtful about this. You have a good point. I just think it is really difficult to know how much one will be able to tolerate as one ages.

That's perfect because @BorntobeDO? will have a nice rural COM professorship for you to (non)-profit from once you burn out.

I do think people, myself included, should be more thoughtful about this. You have a good point. I just think it is really difficult to know how much one will be able to tolerate as one ages.
Indeed, there will be plenty of (non) profit for everyone at RPC-COM.

The class of 2019 at MSUCOM is also very Gun Ho EM / Surg . Possibly might repeat similar numbers next year.

Because they think it is a "lifestyle" specialty due to the short amount of shifts worked, tremendous hourly pay (sometimes surpassing $300+ per hour if negotiated right and if in an hour or two outside of major cities).

What they DO NOT realize is:

1) Your shifts are and can be at random times based off of the group or hospital you are contracted with.

You don't wanna work nights? Ok... well either you suck it up because you have to or you take a paycut or pay differential for somebody else in your group to do it for you (which some people probably won't depending on where you work... how many people your shop sees... and all those fine details.

You do this until you die pretty much. Picking up shifts here and there until you are 50... but how many 50 year olds do you see working at 3 AM?

I damn sure don't wanna have to deal with the constant swing shifts and the toll that places on my circadian rhythm and health.

2) You are at the mercy of the great EMTALA in many places... meaning you gotta see and you gotta treat anything and anybody.

Gangbangers, druggies, homeless, pill seekers, and many uninsured folks who don't have a primary care doc or never follow up with their primary care doc.... making some ER docs feel like they are not utilizing their EMERGENCY training anymore than what a FM doc does in his/her practice.

Ever see a doctor get snubbed in the face by a gangbanger while they are trying to stabilize him as he is off of PCP who came in during a MVA...?

I have.

and it was not pretty.

3) You are seeing AS MANY people as you can. Sometimes this means managing 3-4 people an hour in some crazy volume ERs. That's anywhere from 36-48 patients during one shift.... this is WITHOUT any GSWs... car accidents... traumas that are coming in.

EM is dope... but I don't need any surprises or adrenaline that many folks in EM (those who are actually in it because they like it) are about.

4) Chest pain.

EVERYBODY HAS CHEST PAIN.

5) No f/u and this means legality.

You just stabilize and treat... and you either choose to admit (actually the internist/hospitalist does) or you discharge. To some this is the greatest thing about EM. There is no long-term care. To others... they get stuck in that mode and end up hating it.

If you miss something and let somebody from shoulder pain go home when they are actually having a MI... you are effed. Done. Finito.

Not to mention being talked down by other specialists who think "Why did you call me down here for a goddamn asthma attack?" and being crapped on by other docs who question why you are referring to them and now all of a sudden you are a "glorified triage doc".

6) No ownership.

You don't OWN anything. You are an employee. You can't open your own private practice or urgent care due to the stark laws. To some this is another pro/con depending on how you look at it.

You get done with the ER? You go pick up shifts at the urgent care.

You are used and washed up now. ER used you and spit you back out treating colds and sniffles at the urgent care down the street where all your training and knowledge goes to waste.

Management companies are stepping into EM now as well just as they have done with Anesthesia.

Anytime a middle man comes in... this means more work and less money.

This means they take a paycut off the top.. you see more people... and you don't have any direct relation with the hospital because you don't answer to the hospital now... you answer to the new management company that has shown your hospital overlords how much money they can save by switching logistics, hiring more midlevels that they can pay less... more charts for you to sign off on.

Other things such as scheduling, RVU goals for you to get your bonuses or meet full-time employment, etc. are also at play.

You are a mere pawn now.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Anyone know why MSU COM seems to always be short on the ortho matches. I believe there are enough ortho spots for about 3% of each graduating DO class on average. The last 3 years MSU has only had 1%, 2%, and 3% go ortho. Normally I wouldn’t think much of this but for a school that is affiliated with probably 1/4 of the DO ortho programs, it seems a little strange.

Anyone know why MSU COM seems to always be short on the ortho matches. I believe there are enough ortho spots for about 3% of each graduating DO class on average. The last 3 years MSU has only had 1%, 2%, and 3% go ortho. Normally I wouldn’t think much of this but for a school that is affiliated with probably 1/4 of the DO ortho programs, it seems a little strange.
eh not everyone wants to do ortho though which makes match lists tough...I feel like especially people who go to DO schools. Most of the people in my class want to do IM and sub-specialties off that, along with EM

eh not everyone wants to do ortho though which makes match lists tough...I feel like especially people who go to DO schools. Most of the people in my class want to do IM and sub-specialties off that, along with EM
I agree that match lists will vary year to year based on preferences. Just thought the trend was a little interesting considering their strong ortho GME.

Most of my classmates straight up admit that if they wanted to be an orthopod or some other ridiculous specialty, they would have went MD.

Most of my classmates straight up admit that if they wanted to be an orthopod or some other ridiculous specialty, they would have went MD.

In my 2019 class we had a ton of ortho gunners but after step1 more than half dropped off ortho. Some who were still going strong dropped off after the end of our third year . Well see how MSUCOM does this year but the vibes I’m getting from my class mates it’s em/surg and a high spike for Im—> cardio/gi.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I definitely think it mostly has to do with not everyone wanting to do ortho, but from what I've heard is MSUCOM students dont get much favoritism at most (some show preference) of the residencies. The biggest perk to having those spots associated with the school is that we can do our base hospital rotations with them and start networking early and some do early access for scheduling auditions. Most of the hospitals aren't relatively close to the school so most people won't even start making connections till 3rd year, with the exclusion of Mclaren lansing and sparrow programs i guess (for those at the EL campus that is).

If you look at some of the SCS ortho program rosters, you'd assume there was a KCU preference if any haha.

In my opinion the SCS (msus statewide campus system) isn't the same as like having a on campus hospital with programs you see and work with from M1 (with the exception of the hospitals named above)

but im just a newly minted M2 and have had little interaction with the vast majority of the programs so take that for what its worth lol

DO ortho is all about the away rotation and board scores. If you have the whole package - work ethic, easy to get along with, and high scores etc you’ll likely get a spot with a program you rotated with. High boards will also snag you a few extra interviews.

I didn’t find that school played a factor which could explain what you see at MSU.

DO ortho is all about the away rotation and board scores. If you have the whole package - work ethic, easy to get along with, and high scores etc you’ll likely get a spot with a program you rotated with. High boards will also snag you a few extra interviews.

I didn’t find that school played a factor which could explain what you see at MSU.

Thoughts on whether this will change with the merger? I mean with only 15 programs accredited it seems like things are going to change, how much is the question. I wonder if DOs will self select out of ortho now because there will be so few rotation spots now ya know? If more programs dont get accredited people won't even be able to fill up a whole audition rotation season. I would bet we see marginal applicants play it safe and try for something else. I hope so at least or we will have a lot of ortho applicants go unmatched.

Thoughts on whether this will change with the merger? I mean with only 15 programs accredited it seems like things are going to change, how much is the question. I wonder if DOs will self select out of ortho now because there will be so few rotation spots now ya know? If more programs dont get accredited people won't even be able to fill up a whole audition rotation season. I would bet we see marginal applicants play it safe and try for something else. I hope so at least or we will have a lot of ortho applicants go unmatched.

I’m not entirely sure but my guess is programs will do more pre-screening for rotation spots. If they did, competitive applicants would end up having full audition schedules and people who aren't would start rotating in backups.

I think most historically DO programs will continue to require away rotations. Those programs will most likely have more DO rotators than MD and fill with mostly DO’s. The DO programs that dont require away’s might end up taking more MD’s than DO’s if their applications are more impressive and they score highly on the ortho knowledge tests that most DO programs have during the interview.

Overall, I think ortho will be viable for DO’s that can get auditions and have good applications. I also think more programs will get ACGME accredidation before the deadline. I rotated at programs who ended up getting it and they weren’t any different in quality than the ones still working on it.

I’m not entirely sure but my guess is programs will do more pre-screening for rotation spots. If they did, competitive applicants would end up having full audition schedules and people who aren't would start rotating in backups.

I think most historically DO programs will continue to require away rotations. Those programs will most likely have more DO rotators than MD and fill with mostly DO’s. The DO programs that dont require away’s might end up taking more MD’s than DO’s if their applications are more impressive and they score highly on the ortho knowledge tests that most DO programs have during the interview.

Overall, I think ortho will be viable for DO’s that can get auditions and have good applications. I also think more programs will get ACGME accredidation before the deadline. I rotated at programs who ended up getting it and they weren’t any different in quality than the ones still working on it.

Would you say these historic DO programs cared more about Level 1 over Step 1? Was Step 1 ever brought up? Does it help to have a high Step 1 or is Level 1 more important? Thanks Dude/Dudette!

so maybe this has been answered already but i am to lazy to look. Whats the likely hood of places only accepting steps as opposed to Comlex in 2020? A handful of programs in MI are doing this and they were former AOAs

You'd have to ask individual programs. The programs most likely to require Step scores are ACGME programs and AOA would be far more likely to accept only COMLEX. Regardless, you're far better off taking Step if you think you can do decently especially given the direction of US GME.

As someone aiming for EM I’m loving that more and more DOs are matching it even as the merger draws closer.

I'm not that surprised. EM and gas were statistically the two most DO friendly specialties on the the ACGME side this year. I think there was only 1 AOA EM match at my school this year and he literally only ranked that program because it's in his hometown, otherwise he definitely would have matched ACGME. Might have been one other one, but pretty much all of the EM matches at KCU were ACGME.

There's a lot of pluses to the field. It can be exciting and it's very procedure heavy without having to do a 5+ year residency and fellowship. Some are 3 year residencies. The pay is fantastic for few hours and if you bust your butt and work 50+ hours a week you can easily clear 500k. If you want to work part time, you can work 6-8 shifts a month and still make over 200k/yr. Yea, the odd shifts and uncertainty can really wear someone down, but if you work hard while you're young and are smart with your money you can retire in your 50's without much trouble. Or you can just work 4 shifts a month and make $150/yr, which sounds like a pretty good gig to me even if you're working night shifts.

So for a lot of people it's the low hours, good pay, and opportunity to do procedures that attracts them to EM. Some mistake it for a lifestyle field, but I think most people who match EM do actually know what they're getting into. At least the people I know who matched EM do.

Would you say these historic DO programs cared more about Level 1 over Step 1? Was Step 1 ever brought up? Does it help to have a high Step 1 or is Level 1 more important? Thanks Dude/Dudette!

From my experience this year it was program dependent. Most of the initially accredited ACGME DO programs took apps through the DO ERAS and therefore couldnt see our USMLE scores. Some programs asked about our USMLE scores but not all of them. So to answer your question: this year programs cared more about Level 1 but things are changing.

Once the merger is done and they can see our USMLE & COMLEX I'm sure it will continue to be program dependent. I would recommend taking step 1 and doing good if you want the best shot at matching ortho after the merger.

OU-HCOM non-official 2018 Match list. Curated by a fellow student and missing ~5 from the class.

Anesthesiology

Grandview Hospital & Medical Center Dayton, OH ACGME/AOA
Penn State Hershey Medical Center Hershey, PA ACGME
Largo Medical Center Largo, Fl dual
Cleveland Clinic Cleveland, OH ACGME
Doctors Hospital Columbus, OH ACGME
The Ohio State University Medical Center Columbus, OH ACGME
SUNY Upstate Medical Center Syracuse, NY ACGME

Dermatology
University Hospitals/Case Western Reserve Cleveland, OH ACGME

Emergency Medicine
Good Samaritan Hospital & Medical Center Long Island, NY Dual /4 yr
Henry Ford Wyandotte Detroit, MI ACGME/3 yr
Mercy St. Vincent Medical Center Toledo, OH ACGME/3 yr
Grandview Hospital & Medical Center Dayton, OH AOA/4 yr
Adena Regional Medical Center Chillicothe, OH ACGME/3 yr
CWRU - MetroHealth Cleveland, OH ACGME/3 yr
Akron General Akron, OH ACGME/3 yr
Wright State Dayton, OH ACGME/3 yr
Metro Health/Case Western Cleveland, OH ACGME/3 yr
OhioHealth Doctors Hospital Columbus, OH ACGME/4 yr
University of Toledo (UTMC) Toledo, OH ACGME/3 yr
Ohio Valley Medical Center/East Ohio Regional Hospital ACGME/3yr

Family Medicine
Ohio State University Medical Center Columbus, OH ACGME
O'Bleness Hospital Athens, OH AOA
University Hospitals - Regional Hospitals Cleveland, OH AOA
Christ Hospital/University of Cincinnati Cincinnati, OH ACGME
Dublin Methodist Hospital Dublin, OH ACGME
CWRU-MetroHealth Cleveland, OH ACGME/AOA
Cleveland Clinic- Fairview Hospital Cleveland, OH ACGME
Riverside Methodist Hospital Columbus, OH ACGME
Ohio Health - Grant Hospital Columbus, OH ACGME
Grandview Medical Center Dayton, OH
Mayo Clinic Rochester, MN ACGME
Travis AFB Fairfield, CA military
UPMC Susquehanna- Williamsport Regional Medical Center Williamsport, PA Dual
Central Maine Medical Center Lewiston, ME ACGME/AOA
St. Elizabeth Boardman Hospital Boardman, OH ACGME
Mike O'Callaghan Military Medical Center Nellis AFB North Las Vegas, NV Military
Marshall University Huntington, WV
University of Minnesota Medical Center inneapolis, MNittutuju ACGME
Summa Akron City Hospital Akron, OH Dual

General Surgery
Mount Carmel Columbus, OH ACGME
Keesler AFB Biloxi, MS ACGME
Cleveland Clinic Akron General Akron, OH ACGME
Mercy Medical Center Des Moines, IA AOA

Internal Medicine
University of Cincinnati- Med Central Cincinnati, OH ACGME
Wright State University Dayton, OH ACGME
The Cleveland Clinic Cleveland, OH ACGME
Fairfield Medical Center Lancaster, OH
University of Tennessee Memphis, TN
south pointe hospital/Cleveland clinic Cleveland, OH AOA
University Hospitals St John Medical Center Westlake, OH AOA
Summa Akron City Akron, OH ACGME
University Hospital/ Parma Medical Center Cleveland, OH
Eisenhower Army Medical Center Augusta, GA
University of Louisville Louisville, KY ACGME
San Antonio Military Medical Center (SAMMC) San Antonio ACGME
University of Cincinnati Cincinnati, OH ACGME
Indiana University Indianapolis, IN ACGME
Grandview Hospital & Medical Center Dayton, OH AOA
Mount Carmel West Columbus, OH ACGME
College Medical Center Long Beach, CA ACGME
Christ Hospital Cincinnati, OH ACGME

Internal Medicine/Pediatrics
West Virginia University Morgantown, WV ACGME

Neurology
University of Tennessee Memphis, TN ACGME
Grandview Hospital & Medical Center Dayton, OH

Neurosurgery

OB/GYN
Summa Health/ Neo-Med Akron, OH ACGME
Doctors Hospital Columbus, OH AOA
Doctors Hospital Columbus , OH AOA
TriHealth - Good Samaritan/Bethesda North Cincinnati, OH ACGME
INOVA Fairfax Hospital Falls Church, VA ACGME

Orthopedic Surgery
Mercy St. Vincent Medical Center Toledo, OH
Western Reserve Hospital Cuyahoga Falls, OH
McLaren Greater Lansing Lansing, MI AOA
Pinnacle Health Harrisburg, PA AOA
Community Memorial Health System Ventura, CA AOA
UH Regional Hospitals AOA
Otolarygology - Head/Neck Surg

Pathology - Anatomic and Clinical (AP/CP)
University of Arizona Tucson, AZ ACGME
Cleveland Clinic Foundation -Main Campus- Pathology Institute Cleveland, OH ACGME

Pediatrics
Nationwide Children's Hospital Columbus, OH ACGME
INOVA Children's Hospital Fairfax, VA ACGME
CWRU-MetroHealth Cleveland, OH ACGME
Nationwide Children’s Hospital Columbus, OH
NYMC-Maria Fareri Children's Hospital Westchester, NY ACGME
Advocate Children’s Hospital-Park Ridge Chicago, IL ACGME
Wake Forest Brenner Children's Hospital Winston-Salem, NC ACGME
Hackensack University Medical Center - Joseph M. Sanzari Children's Hospital Hackensack, NJ ACGME
Norton's Children's Hospital- UofL Louisville, KY ACGME
Akron Children's Hospital Akron, OH ACGME

Pediatrics/Medical Genetics

UT Houston Houston, TX ACGME

PM&R
Sinai Hospital of Baltimore Baltimore, MD ACGME
Larkin Hospital Miami, FL Dual
University of Pennsylvania Philadelphia, PA ACGME

Psychiatry

Grandview Medical Center/Chillicothe VA Dayton, OH/Chillicothe, OH Dual
Advocate Lutheran General Hospital Park Ridge/Chicago, IL ACGME
OSU , Columbus, OH ACGME
Authority Health Wayne County/MSU Detroit, MI
NEOMED/Akron Summa/Clev. Clin. Akron General Akron, OH ACGME
Arrowhead, Riverside, CA

Radiology

Providence Park Hospital/MSUCHM Southfield, MI ACGME
CWRU- MetroHealth Cleveland, OH ACGME
University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC) Pittsburgh, PA ACGME
Grandview/Kettering Dayton, OH AOA

Urology
Akron General/Summa Akron, OH

Traditional Rotating Internship/Transitional Year/Preliminary Medicine/Preliminary Surgery (followed by specialty)
Penn State Hershey Medical Center Hershey, PA Prelim Sugery ACGME
Christ Hospital Cincinnati, OH Prelim IM/PMR ACGME
Riverside Methodist Hopsital Columbus, OH Transitional/Rad ACGME
Crozer Chester Medical Center Philadelphia, PA Transitional/Rads ACGME
Providence Park Hospital/MSUCHM Southfield, MI Transitional/Rad ACGME
Akron General Akron, OH Prelim IM/PMR ACGME
Larkin Hospital Miami, FL Prelim IM/PMR Dual
Riverside Methodist Hospital Columbus, OH Prelim IM/Anes ACGME
Larkin Hospital Miami, FL TY

Reactions: 6 users
OU-HCOM non-official 2018 Match list. Curated by a fellow student and missing ~5 from the class.

Anesthesiology

Grandview Hospital & Medical Center Dayton, OH ACGME/AOA
Penn State Hershey Medical Center Hershey, PA ACGME
Doctors Hospital Columbus, OH ACGME
The Ohio State University Medical Center Columbus, OH ACGME
SUNY Upstate Medical Center Syracuse, NY ACGME

Dermatology

Emergency Medicine
Good Samaritan Hospital & Medical Center Long Island, NY Dual /4 yr
Henry Ford Wyandotte Detroit, MI ACGME/3 yr
Grandview Hospital & Medical Center Dayton, OH AOA/4 yr
CWRU - MetroHealth Cleveland, OH ACGME/3 yr
Wright State Dayton, OH ACGME/3 yr
Metro Health/Case Western Cleveland, OH ACGME/3 yr
OhioHealth Doctors Hospital Columbus, OH ACGME/4 yr
University of Toledo (UTMC) Toledo, OH ACGME/3 yr
Ohio Valley Medical Center/East Ohio Regional Hospital ACGME/3yr

Family Medicine
Christ Hospital/University of Cincinnati Cincinnati, OH ACGME
Dublin Methodist Hospital Dublin, OH ACGME
CWRU-MetroHealth Cleveland, OH ACGME/AOA
Grandview Medical Center Dayton, OH
Mayo Clinic Rochester, MN ACGME
Travis AFB Fairfield, CA military
UPMC Susquehanna- Williamsport Regional Medical Center Williamsport, PA Dual
Central Maine Medical Center Lewiston, ME ACGME/AOA
St. Elizabeth Boardman Hospital Boardman, OH ACGME
Mike O'Callaghan Military Medical Center Nellis AFB North Las Vegas, NV Military
Marshall University Huntington, WV
University of Minnesota Medical Center inneapolis, MNittutuju ACGME
Summa Akron City Hospital Akron, OH Dual

General Surgery
Mount Carmel Columbus, OH ACGME
Keesler AFB Biloxi, MS ACGME
Mercy Medical Center Des Moines, IA AOA

Internal Medicine
University of Cincinnati- Med Central Cincinnati, OH ACGME
The Cleveland Clinic Cleveland, OH ACGME
Fairfield Medical Center Lancaster, OH
University of Tennessee Memphis, TN
south pointe hospital/Cleveland clinic Cleveland, OH AOA
University Hospitals St John Medical Center Westlake, OH AOA
University Hospital/ Parma Medical Center Cleveland, OH
Eisenhower Army Medical Center Augusta, GA
University of Louisville Louisville, KY ACGME
San Antonio Military Medical Center (SAMMC) San Antonio ACGME
Indiana University Indianapolis, IN ACGME
College Medical Center Long Beach, CA ACGME
Christ Hospital Cincinnati, OH ACGME

Internal Medicine/Pediatrics
West Virginia University Morgantown, WV ACGME

Neurology
University of Tennessee Memphis, TN ACGME
Grandview Hospital & Medical Center Dayton, OH

Neurosurgery

OB/GYN
Summa Health/ Neo-Med Akron, OH ACGME
Doctors Hospital Columbus, OH AOA
Doctors Hospital Columbus , OH AOA
TriHealth - Good Samaritan/Bethesda North Cincinnati, OH ACGME
INOVA Fairfax Hospital Falls Church, VA ACGME

Orthopedic Surgery
Mercy St. Vincent Medical Center Toledo, OH
Western Reserve Hospital Cuyahoga Falls, OH
McLaren Greater Lansing Lansing, MI AOA
Pinnacle Health Harrisburg, PA AOA
Community Memorial Health System Ventura, CA AOA
UH Regional Hospitals AOA
Otolarygology - Head/Neck Surg

Pathology - Anatomic and Clinical (AP/CP)
University of Arizona Tucson, AZ ACGME
Cleveland Clinic Foundation -Main Campus- Pathology Institute Cleveland, OH ACGME

Pediatrics
INOVA Children's Hospital Fairfax, VA ACGME
CWRU-MetroHealth Cleveland, OH ACGME
Nationwide Children’s Hospital Columbus, OH
NYMC-Maria Fareri Children's Hospital Westchester, NY ACGME
Advocate Children’s Hospital-Park Ridge Chicago, IL ACGME
Wake Forest Brenner Children's Hospital Winston-Salem, NC ACGME
Hackensack University Medical Center - Joseph M. Sanzari Children's Hospital Hackensack, NJ ACGME
Norton's Children's Hospital- UofL Louisville, KY ACGME

Pediatrics/Medical Genetics

UT Houston Houston, TX ACGME

PM&R
Sinai Hospital of Baltimore Baltimore, MD ACGME
Larkin Hospital Miami, FL Dual
University of Pennsylvania Philadelphia, PA ACGME

Psychiatry

Grandview Medical Center/Chillicothe VA Dayton, OH/Chillicothe, OH Dual
Advocate Lutheran General Hospital Park Ridge/Chicago, IL ACGME
OSU , Columbus, OH ACGME
Authority Health Wayne County/MSU Detroit, MI
NEOMED/Akron Summa/Clev. Clin. Akron General Akron, OH ACGME
Arrowhead, Riverside, CA

Radiology

CWRU- MetroHealth Cleveland, OH ACGME
University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC) Pittsburgh, PA ACGME
Grandview/Kettering Dayton, OH AOA

Urology
Akron General/Summa Akron, OH

Traditional Rotating Internship/Transitional Year/Preliminary Medicine/Preliminary Surgery (followed by specialty)
Penn State Hershey Medical Center Hershey, PA Prelim Sugery ACGME
Christ Hospital Cincinnati, OH Prelim IM/PMR ACGME
Riverside Methodist Hopsital Columbus, OH Transitional/Rad ACGME
Crozer Chester Medical Center Philadelphia, PA Transitional/Rads ACGME
Akron General Akron, OH Prelim IM/PMR ACGME
Larkin Hospital Miami, FL Prelim IM/PMR Dual
Riverside Methodist Hospital Columbus, OH Prelim IM/Anes ACGME
Larkin Hospital Miami, FL TY
Do you happen to know anything about the student that matched surgery at the Cleveland clinic? Research, etc.

Thank you.