2019-2020 LECOM-E Post Bacc (Masters program)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
LECOM Masters is a scam, AVOID at all costs, Keep in mind some SDNers here are LECOM employees who are paid to promote LECOM here. Check out this website by former students

Oof. Sounds like someone is a little sour

Members don't see this ad :)
No lol. They’re just mad because they didn’t study enough.... it’s hard. It’s studying 5 hours a day during the week and 8 hours a day on the weekend.
Also it's a new account that spammed this at 230 am to everywhere that comes up when you search lecom.

There are a few people that fail and repeat but it seems like this person just expected to be handed the degree and walk into med school.

hi, everyone, I received an email from LECOM that they want to have a brief interview over the phone with me for the MMS program any ideas about the questions they may ask?!

hi, everyone, I received an email from LECOM that they want to have a brief interview over the phone with me for the MMS program any ideas about the questions they may ask?!

This is for Erie or Bradenton? And no, they never did this before. Perhaps they just to weed out some people or ask you about some things regarding your application. I am sure it will be information but bring your best foot forward. The program is very hard, and 20+ dropped the first semester in the summer. So I am sure they just want to ask generic interview question. Expect anything. We never did this. If there are any issues in your application, be ready to address those in a positive way as well. Also, remember LECOM is a PBL school (most is). So that might come up as well. A lot of independent studying.

This is for Erie or Bradenton? And no, they never did this before. Perhaps they just to weed out some people or ask you about some things regarding your application. I am sure it will be information but bring your best foot forward. The program is very hard, and 20+ dropped the first semester in the summer. So I am sure they just want to ask generic interview question. Expect anything. We never did this. If there are any issues in your application, be ready to address those in a positive way as well. Also, remember LECOM is a PBL school (most is). So that might come up as well. A lot of independent studying.
this is actually for Bradenton, it was really weird to me as well because I haven't seen anywhere that they do the phone interview but I will try to be as positive as I can as you said. thank you

Reactions: 1 user
this is actually for Bradenton, it was really weird to me as well because I haven't seen anywhere that they do the phone interview but I will try to be as positive as I can as you said. thank you

Yes, just be yourself, best foot forward. I am assuming they want to know why this program and what you think you would get out of it. Most want to be prepared for professional school through this program, and this def does that. Same classes, same professors, and actually much more pressure. Why maybe you think this would help you. I am only guessing, as I have no idea. You got this! Do you know who the interview is conduced by?

I just finished my interview with them and you been exactly right they wanted me to know how the program is and understanding the pressure. I am pre dental student and they told me they don’t have bridge like medical school for the dental but this program would prepare me for the interview for dental school

Reactions: 1 users
On my acceptance letter, the GPA to get the interview is now a 3.3 versus 3.2 from the previous year.
Whats the difference between the post bacc and the masters besides the addition of the clinical integration course?

thanks for the help!

are you Med or dental? Med has always been 3.3. Not sure about Erie. But Bradenton is 3.3. Erie is a bit different as their curriculum is set up in two semesters and thus a bit more challenging (although both are extremely challenging).

On my acceptance letter, the GPA to get the interview is now a 3.3 versus 3.2 from the previous year.
Whats the difference between the post bacc and the masters besides the addition of the clinical integration course?

thanks for the help!

Members don't see this ad :)

thanks for the help!
That's the only difference.
Why did you apply? It is a great program, but if you have a low MCAT just retake it. This is not the easy way to get into med school and a 3.3 is not going to be easy.

Last edited:
Hi. I'm currently a pre-dental senior with a very low science gpa (even after repeats) and a cumulative gpa around 2.85. Anyone that has attended this program in Erie or Bradenton that is pre dental have any advice? Does LECOM offer a linkage with their dental school?

Hey all! Congrats on your acceptances! I'm a current MMS student (dental track) so feel free to AMA.

A couple of things about the program:

-The program is ~10 months --> Summer (9 credits), Fall (14 credits) and Spring (15 credits) - all classes are taken in the dental building
- It's business/professional attire weekdays until 5pm (weekend is whatever)
- building is security access so you'll need a badge to get in and out and you'll get a parking permit (both free)
- It's a small school, 2 lecture halls, maybe 20 PBL rooms located in the library for private study. School is open 6-11, library is open 7-11.
- you will be introduced to the infamous PBL style learning in fall and spring
- You can study at the med school library next door if you need a change of scenery
- You're not allowed to drink water anywhere but the cafeteria (stupid rule, I drink water in the lecture hall all the time BUT don't do it in the library... you'll get in trouble).
- You'll love some professors (Dr. Hussein for physiology) and you'll realllllly dislike others but that can't be helped. Most of the professors want you to succeed though.
- Lakewood ranch is a really nice area and the apartments are nice too (but a little pricey).
- It's possible to commute (we have people who drive from Tampa, Wesley Chapel, Naples, etc) but it makes things a little harder
- all exams and quizzes are taken on your laptop via examsoft so be sure to have a solid laptop.
- Attendance is required and LECOM takes this pretty seriously. Not my favorite rule but it's important to go to lectures so you don't get behind.
- Cafeteria food is decent and cheap but it's cash only. They have an IOU system if you forget money one day though, which is nice. The med school cafeteria is better imo though. Most people bring their own lunches (there are microwaves available to heat up your food).
- The program is definitely challenging but if you really want to get into Med/Dental school then you'll put in the work and make it happen. It's definitely doable.
- they told us we need a 3.2 to get accepted into dental (idk how true that is - we just interviewed last week and are waiting to hear back. I can update then). They did not give Med students a GPA cutoff but implied that 3.4 was a successful GPA last year.

I'm sure there's a lot more I'm not thinking of so feel free to hmu with your questions and I'll try to answer the best I can!
Hi! just wondering if you got into their dental school or got other acceptences? Trying to figure out if this program would be helpful because I have very low science and cumulative gpa's.

Hi! just wondering if you got into their dental school or got other acceptences? Trying to figure out if this program would be helpful because I have very low science and cumulative gpa's.
Yep, currently a D1 at LECOM! We just finished the fall semester!

Hey this post bacc program is my back up if I do not get in this cycle.
Can anyone tell me a timeline of how long it would take to matriculate into their DO school or another medical school.
I know the program is a year long but would you have to go through another full year app cycle upon completion or immediately matriculate into a med school if you meet requirements?

Can anyone tell me a timeline of how long it would take to matriculate into their DO school or another medical school.
I know the program is a year long but would you have to go through another full year app cycle upon completion or immediately matriculate into a med school if you meet requirements?
You start the masters in July 2020, apply to the medical school BEFORE end of December that same year, and then assuming everything has been going well you would interview in January and start med school July 2021.

Reactions: 2 users
Hi there, just wanted to make some corrections from the response to this as I’m a current Master’s student. The GPA requirement this year is in fact a 3.2, they had raised it to that last year after it previously being a 3.0. It does make sense that it’s moved to a 3.3 for this next cycle as the coursework is extremely similar to the first year of medical school.

How it works in Erie at least is you start in early August and have 19 credit hours (7 courses) a semester. We interview every Thursday in January as groups. Another thing is if you are ONLY planning on continuing on at LECOM you do not have to even submit an application, you only do an AACOMAS if you are applying ELSEWHERE while doing the Master’s because they already have your information. Throughout the spring semester they send conditional acceptances or at the end all together they will send acceptances to those who have not failed a course and have a 3.2 or above (3.3 in your class’ case) based in order of fall GPA. People with higher GPA’s get their acceptances first over those who are borderline. Also of course you must have an acceptable interview and not get into trouble outside of class.

Therefore I started the Masters in August 2019 and would matriculate into the July 2020 class.

There are a few things that are different for dental students.

If you have any questions lmk.

Hi there, just wanted to make some corrections from the response to this as I’m a current Master’s student. The GPA requirement this year is in fact a 3.2, they had raised it to that last year after it previously being a 3.0. It does make sense that it’s moved to a 3.3 for this next cycle as the coursework is extremely similar to the first year of medical school.

How it works in Erie at least is you start in early August and have 19 credit hours (7 courses) a semester. We interview every Thursday in January as groups. Another thing is if you are ONLY planning on continuing on at LECOM you do not have to even submit an application, you only do an AACOMAS if you are applying ELSEWHERE while doing the Master’s because they already have your information. Throughout the spring semester they send conditional acceptances or at the end all together they will send acceptances to those who have not failed a course and have a 3.2 or above (3.3 in your class’ case) based in order of fall GPA. People with higher GPA’s get their acceptances first over those who are borderline. Also of course you must have an acceptable interview and not get into trouble outside of class.

Therefore I started the Masters in August 2019 and would matriculate into the July 2020 class.

I just wanted to add that the Bradenton campus is exactly the same except the structure of the semesters. We also have to apply through AACOMAS. Other than that everything else is the same.

Why do you think you won't get in? If this is your first cycle applying don't jump right into this program. Evaluate the weaknesses in your application NOW and start fixing them (MCAT, volunteering, etc.) This is NOT the easy way to get into med school

Can you pm me? I have a few questions.

Hi Asa,
I am new to SDN. Is there a way I could private message you and ask some questions about the program? I do not see the option for it.

Hey thanks for the info! I recently got an email from LECOM about the MMS program. I'm guessing they won't be inviting me for an interview for the DO program. So I'm thinking of applying to the MMS program. Is it too late to apply for Fall 2020?

Hey thanks for the info! I recently got an email from LECOM about the MMS program. I'm guessing they won't be inviting me for an interview for the DO program. So I'm thinking of applying to the MMS program. Is it too late to apply for Fall 2020?
Definitely not too late! People still apply later than now but the sooner the better.

Definitely not too late! People still apply later than now but the sooner the better.
Thanks! Is there a way to send you a message as I have some questions about this program?

My portal updated today saying I’d receive a decision in the mail within 30 days.

Congratulations on your acceptance!! Do you mind sharing your stats? Also, yes everything you stated is correct. In order to matriculate into the medical school you would need to haven taken the mcat by then (it would be required). Don't fail any classes- the lowest you can get is a C w/out "failing". However i'm not sure on how rigorous the coursework is anyway. Guess it depends on the person, right?

Is an older MCAT fine? By the time I would theoretically be done by that master's program, my score would be expired.

Is an older MCAT fine? By the time I would theoretically be done by that master's program, my score would be expired.
This is a tricky one. They make some exceptions I believe as long as when you go in the master’s it’s useable they will use it. (I would ask to be sure) My friend took hers in 2016 so it expired in 2019 but they’re not making her retake it since she started the masters in 2019.

Hello previous students,
What class size did you start MMS program in the fall of 2019?

Is there a Facebook group yet for the 2020-21 year? I’d love to start connecting with the cohort.

What's the success rate of this program? So the theory is if you get 3.2 gpa in the fall, 497 mcat, and do well in interview then you get accepted in their DO program? How many students actually get accepted in DO program after successfully completing MMS program?

What's the success rate of this program? So the theory is if you get 3.2 gpa in the fall, 497 mcat, and do well in interview then you get accepted in their DO program? How many students actually get accepted in DO program after successfully completing MMS program?
Probably 20% maybe

Well, AFTER successful completion, assuming you got the required GPA of 3.3 you have almost a 100% chance of being accepted. The issue is actually obtaining the GPA.

Are you serious? 20% out of average 150 that start the program??!!!
Last year 46 met criteria, 45 matriculated and 1 went to another school of I remember correctly. There’s a lot of students who don’t take it seriously and it’s almost the equivalent of first year med school minus some things. People who don’t study get literally like 2.6 GPAs or people won’t study for a 1 credit hour class and fail it making them ineligible for matriculation. It’s a difficult program but not impossible. The numbers sound bad but I’ll say 99% of the time it’s a students own doing for why the matriculation from the program is so low.

Is there a Facebook group yet for the 2020-21 year? I’d love to start connecting with the cohort.

I went ahead and just threw one together real quick in case anyone else goes looking for a group. It's bare bones with just a name now but will hopefully start hopping in the next few months.

LECOM Erie MMS 2020-21

Does financial aid cover entire cost of the program plus living expenses or you have to take out private loans?

Those condtional acceptances still require a 50th percentile MCAT or higher right?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Does financial aid cover entire cost of the program plus living expenses or you have to take out private loans?
The federal loans cover both living and tuition pretty comfortably if you don’t get an extremely expensive 1 bedroom or rent a whole house to yourself.
Those condtional acceptances still require a 50th percentile MCAT or higher right?

It is actually 40th percentile/497 MCAT for our class. If you do not have that Or don’t want to take the MCAT you can use a qualifying AIS score. AIS being undergrad GPA and ACT/SAT. I used The AIS and not MCAT.

The federal loans cover both living and tuition pretty comfortably if you don’t get an extremely expensive 1 bedroom or rent a whole house to yourself.

It is actually 40th percentile/497 MCAT for our class. If you do not have that Or don’t want to take the MCAT you can use a qualifying AIS score. AIS being undergrad GPA and ACT/SAT. I used The AIS and not MCAT.
What AIS score is qualifying? Mine was 117.