Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Nevada, Reno
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
brownmamba24
Full Member
WL, OOS.
BugsBunny_Luva
Full Member
WL, OOS.
+1
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
moonmoonface
Full Member
I did not get an email, but if you go on your portal you can accept or deny your waitlist position.Any waitlisters get that email yesterday about accepting/declining your selection as an alternate?
What are you doing to bolster next years application?? I hear many have to apply more than once to get into medical school!!I interviewed in August and got a rejection.
Office Visit
Full Member
Me waiting to see where I am at on the waitlist tomorrow.
Office Visit
Full Member
And just like that I am in the Lower third of the waitlist. FMLView attachment 298690
Me waiting to see where I am at on the waitlist tomorrow.
moonmoonface
Full Member
Top third! The best news I’ve heard all week!
Long-time lurker here. Finally made an account since I have recently become more and more neurotic lately haha. I was waitlisted back in January and was told I was in the Top Third of the waitlist. Anyone have any experience with UNR's waitlist? Do they accept letters of intent? UNR is my top choice. When I was first waitlisted, I was somewhat bummed. But after being told I was in the top third, I am now feeling more and more nervous.
moonmoonface
Full Member
I heard that the top third usually gets in! Past SDN threads seem to confirm this. I asked about letters of intent a while back and they said they will accept them but they have no effect on your waitlist ranking. I know it's stressful waiting, but you have lots of reasons to be optimistic!Long-time lurker here. Finally made an account since I have recently become more and more neurotic lately haha. I was waitlisted back in January and was told I was in the Top Third of the waitlist. Anyone have any experience with UNR's waitlist? Do they accept letters of intent? UNR is my top choice. When I was first waitlisted, I was somewhat bummed. But after being told I was in the top third, I am now feeling more and more nervous.
I'll second what @moonmoonface has already said. Top 1/3 is a very good place to be. And a LOI won't help you now, if ever. Relax and breathe. A lot of people get in off the waitlist. According to friends who are 1st and 2nd years, it's not unusual for acceptances to trickle down into the bottom third as well.
I heard that the top third usually gets in! Past SDN threads seem to confirm this. I asked about letters of intent a while back and they said they will accept them but they have no effect on your waitlist ranking. I know it's stressful waiting, but you have lots of reasons to be optimistic!
I'll second what @moonmoonface has already said. Top 1/3 is a very good place to be. And a LOI won't help you now, if ever. Relax and breathe. A lot of people get in off the waitlist. According to friends who are 1st and 2nd years, it's not unusual for acceptances to trickle down into the bottom third as well.
I really appreciate you guys and the optimistic replies. Definitely makes me feel better. It is just such a rollercoaster of emotions. This school was my first interview and I have compared every interview to this school. I knew my cycle would end immediately if I got an acceptance here. After getting waitlisted, I was extremely bummed out and pretty much assumed being on the waitlist meant I was done. Hearing 2 months later that I was in the top-third has really made me optimistic again but I also don't want to get my hopes up too high. Thank you guys so much for your input. I can only hope at this point that the waitlist movement this year will be similar to previous years.
Also, does anyone actually know how many students a school has on their waitlists? Not sure why it would matter, but still. Haha
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
gentlebalogna
Full Member
I'll be withdrawing soon, hope it helps you!!I really appreciate you guys and the optimistic replies. Definitely makes me feel better. It is just such a rollercoaster of emotions. This school was my first interview and I have compared every interview to this school. I knew my cycle would end immediately if I got an acceptance here. After getting waitlisted, I was extremely bummed out and pretty much assumed being on the waitlist meant I was done. Hearing 2 months later that I was in the top-third has really made me optimistic again but I also don't want to get my hopes up too high. Thank you guys so much for your input. I can only hope at this point that the waitlist movement this year will be similar to previous years.
Also, does anyone actually know how many students a school has on their waitlists? Not sure why it would matter, but still. Haha
gentlebalogna
Full Member
Withdrawing my acceptance today - good luck to everyone on the waitlist!! You got this!!
bigMCATrescue
Full Member
Did anyone hear anything yet?
Anxiously waiting... lol
CoastalLive
New Member
Accepted Friday!! Stoked. Top tier OOS. Good luck everyone
bigMCATrescue
Full Member
Accepted Friday!! Stoked. Top tier OOS. Good luck everyone
Congrats!! Did you get a phone call or an email?
brownmamba24
Full Member
Accepted off the WL this morning! OOS. I really like this school. 🙂
hopefulapplicant97
Full Member
Off the in state waitlist this morning!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Were you top tier? Also congrats!Accepted off the WL this morning! OOS. I really like this school. 🙂
bigMCATrescue
Full Member
Off the in state waitlist this morning!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Congrats!! Did you get a phone call or an email? Also, did you find out what number you were before getting accepted?
hopefulapplicant97
Full Member
Congrats!! Did you get a phone call or an email? Also, did you find out what number you were before getting accepted?
Yes I found out right before I got the call! I was top tier, number one
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
brownmamba24
Full Member
All I know is that I was in the top third. Not sure which specific number though! Got a call + email by the way.Were you top tier? Also congrats!
Awesome, congrats again!!All I know is that I was in the top third. Not sure which specific number though! Got a call + email by the way.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats!!! 😀Accepted off the wait list today!!!! There is still hope for everyone 🙂
Did you happen to know your numerical position? Also, in-state?
Congrats!!! 😀
Did you happen to know your numerical position? Also, in-state?
Last week I was #2, this morning they told me I was #1 before they called me a few hours later. Hope this helps!
(In-state)
Yes it does, much appreciated!!Last week I was #2, this morning they told me I was #1 before they called me a few hours later. Hope this helps!
(In-state)
mozzarellaman
New Member
Anyone know why there doesn’t seem to be much movement yet? I get that maybe all accepted applicants might be matriculating here, but moving up two spots halfway through may seems rather odd.
Or possibly the movement all happened before the first Tuesday when they reported the first positions?
Or possibly the movement all happened before the first Tuesday when they reported the first positions?
Last edited:
bigMCATrescue
Full Member
Withdrew my waitlist spot about a week ago... Good luck to those still waiting! I really liked this school a lot.
Withdrew my waitlist spot about a week ago... Good luck to those still waiting! I really liked this school a lot.
InWithdrew my waitlist spot about a week ago... Good luck to those still waiting! I really liked this school a lot.
Were you in state or out of state?Withdrew my waitlist spot about a week ago... Good luck to those still waiting! I really liked this school a lot.
bigMCATrescue
Full Member
In
Were you in state or out of state?
In-state.
I was number #14 on the waitlist last time I checked. But that was 2 weeks ago, there has probably been more movement since then.
Best of luck!
mozzarellaman
New Member
Sadly, there has hardly been any movement since then.In-state.
I was number #14 on the waitlist last time I checked. But that was 2 weeks ago, there has probably been more movement since then.
Best of luck!
mozzarellaman
New Member
Is anyone surprised at the OOS movement? I started at #9 and moved to #8 within the past 6 weeks. I guess I was convinced things would move a lot faster because it seems like past years they have gone through at least 2/3 of the waitlist.
It’s the same as in state. I’m assuming that most of the movement occurred before we even knew which position we were in.
Did you get the email the other day? It stated that they weren’t expecting any more movement and it’d be unlikely for anyone to move up much further.