2019-2020 Nevada, Reno

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
R today. OOS.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any waitlisters get that email yesterday about accepting/declining your selection as an alternate?

Any waitlisters get that email yesterday about accepting/declining your selection as an alternate?
I did not get an email, but if you go on your portal you can accept or deny your waitlist position.

Reactions: 1 user
1584374165535.png

Me waiting to see where I am at on the waitlist tomorrow.

Reactions: 1 users
New here! Middle third of the waitlist, hopefully the movement is similar to last year's thread.

Long-time lurker here. Finally made an account since I have recently become more and more neurotic lately haha. I was waitlisted back in January and was told I was in the Top Third of the waitlist. Anyone have any experience with UNR's waitlist? Do they accept letters of intent? UNR is my top choice. When I was first waitlisted, I was somewhat bummed. But after being told I was in the top third, I am now feeling more and more nervous.

Long-time lurker here. Finally made an account since I have recently become more and more neurotic lately haha. I was waitlisted back in January and was told I was in the Top Third of the waitlist. Anyone have any experience with UNR's waitlist? Do they accept letters of intent? UNR is my top choice. When I was first waitlisted, I was somewhat bummed. But after being told I was in the top third, I am now feeling more and more nervous.
I heard that the top third usually gets in! Past SDN threads seem to confirm this. I asked about letters of intent a while back and they said they will accept them but they have no effect on your waitlist ranking. I know it's stressful waiting, but you have lots of reasons to be optimistic!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'll second what @moonmoonface has already said. Top 1/3 is a very good place to be. And a LOI won't help you now, if ever. Relax and breathe. A lot of people get in off the waitlist. According to friends who are 1st and 2nd years, it's not unusual for acceptances to trickle down into the bottom third as well.

I heard that the top third usually gets in! Past SDN threads seem to confirm this. I asked about letters of intent a while back and they said they will accept them but they have no effect on your waitlist ranking. I know it's stressful waiting, but you have lots of reasons to be optimistic!

I'll second what @moonmoonface has already said. Top 1/3 is a very good place to be. And a LOI won't help you now, if ever. Relax and breathe. A lot of people get in off the waitlist. According to friends who are 1st and 2nd years, it's not unusual for acceptances to trickle down into the bottom third as well.

I really appreciate you guys and the optimistic replies. Definitely makes me feel better. It is just such a rollercoaster of emotions. This school was my first interview and I have compared every interview to this school. I knew my cycle would end immediately if I got an acceptance here. After getting waitlisted, I was extremely bummed out and pretty much assumed being on the waitlist meant I was done. Hearing 2 months later that I was in the top-third has really made me optimistic again but I also don't want to get my hopes up too high. Thank you guys so much for your input. I can only hope at this point that the waitlist movement this year will be similar to previous years.

Also, does anyone actually know how many students a school has on their waitlists? Not sure why it would matter, but still. Haha

I really appreciate you guys and the optimistic replies. Definitely makes me feel better. It is just such a rollercoaster of emotions. This school was my first interview and I have compared every interview to this school. I knew my cycle would end immediately if I got an acceptance here. After getting waitlisted, I was extremely bummed out and pretty much assumed being on the waitlist meant I was done. Hearing 2 months later that I was in the top-third has really made me optimistic again but I also don't want to get my hopes up too high. Thank you guys so much for your input. I can only hope at this point that the waitlist movement this year will be similar to previous years.

Also, does anyone actually know how many students a school has on their waitlists? Not sure why it would matter, but still. Haha
I'll be withdrawing soon, hope it helps you!!

Withdrawing my acceptance today - good luck to everyone on the waitlist!! You got this!!

Reactions: 6 users
Hey everyone, I just withdrew my waitlist spot. I truly hope this opens a door for one of you amazing people waiting to hear. UNR impressed me so much, this is truly bittersweet for me. For those of you still waiting to hear, do not give up hope!

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted Friday!! Stoked. Top tier OOS. Good luck everyone

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted off the WL this morning! OOS. I really like this school. :)

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted off the wait list today!!!! There is still hope for everyone :)

Congrats!!! :D
Did you happen to know your numerical position? Also, in-state?

Last week I was #2, this morning they told me I was #1 before they called me a few hours later. Hope this helps!
(In-state)

Anyone know why there doesn’t seem to be much movement yet? I get that maybe all accepted applicants might be matriculating here, but moving up two spots halfway through may seems rather odd.

Or possibly the movement all happened before the first Tuesday when they reported the first positions?

Last edited:
Withdrew my waitlist spot about a week ago... Good luck to those still waiting! I really liked this school a lot.

Withdrew my waitlist spot about a week ago... Good luck to those still waiting! I really liked this school a lot.
In
Were you in state or out of state?

Is anyone surprised at the OOS movement? I started at #9 and moved to #8 within the past 6 weeks. I guess I was convinced things would move a lot faster because it seems like past years they have gone through at least 2/3 of the waitlist.

Is anyone surprised at the OOS movement? I started at #9 and moved to #8 within the past 6 weeks. I guess I was convinced things would move a lot faster because it seems like past years they have gone through at least 2/3 of the waitlist.

It’s the same as in state. I’m assuming that most of the movement occurred before we even knew which position we were in.

Did you get the email the other day? It stated that they weren’t expecting any more movement and it’d be unlikely for anyone to move up much further.