2019-2020 North Dakota

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS II yesterday afternoon. INMED Applicant. The email told me the interview would be on the weekend of January 10th and 11th.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Have they started sending out decisions?

I don't think they have yet, but they could start at any time now - it has been 5 weeks since the first interviews.

Members don't see this ad :)
If anyone is flying/driving in today and wants to get dinner and explore the great GF, hit me up!

If anyone is flying/driving in today and wants to get dinner and explore the great GF, hit me up!
I wish I had seen this earlier! I just got into Grand Forks yesterday, and I interview later this afternoon. If you're still in town, I'd love to check out the area.

I wish I had seen this earlier! I just got into Grand Forks yesterday, and I interview later this afternoon. If you're still in town, I'd love to check out the area.
Unfortunately I’m already headed to the airport! But there’s a few decent breweries around. It’s also a bit chilly outside though

As far as decision, I too am interested to see when they send them out. One member mentioned that the staff were hoping to send decisions by Christmas, in the information we received it stated "applicants who meet certain selection criteria will be offered acceptance on a rolling basis throughout the interview process; all other applicants will be notified soon after all interviews are complete" (there were interviews into January), and one of the staff I interacted with mentioned that this year they are sending out all notifications at once and we should hear something the second or third week of January. So it's really up in the air! Would love to hear sooner rather than later, of course. Also, for the question above, the info packet we received said that acceptances will be offered via email. Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
For those accepted, did anyone receive the follow up email for accessing the medical student portal?

Accepted via email at 4:45 pm on 12/12. IS. LM 63. Interviewed 11/2! I will be declining other offers and will be attending UND! Very happy and very excited to meet my future classmates!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Congratulations to all those accepted! You're going to be doctors! Thinking it will be a few weeks before I hear for my early December interview. Pumped for all of you!

Waitlisted this afternoon. If anyone has info about the waitlist it would be very helpful! Good luck to everyone applying!

When/if there is a facebook group created, will someone please post the link. Thank you!

Reactions: 1 user
For those who have been accepted and will be or most likely will be attending UND, have you applied for housing yet? I'm thinking about applying to live in Hamline next to the med school but have no idea how M1 students find roommates.

For those who have been accepted and will be or most likely will be attending UND, have you applied for housing yet? I'm thinking about applying to live in Hamline next to the med school but have no idea how M1 students find roommates.

I think a lot of people find roommates through the facebook page which is why I'm hoping someone creates one soon.

Anyone have insight on when we could be hearing about waitlist placement?

Man I was hoping to hear yesterday. Hopefully in the new few days we'll get some news.

Just got the news today that I was placed in the first quartile waitlist. I do not know what this means haha.

Just got the news today that I was placed in the first quartile waitlist. I do not know what this means haha.
I believe that means you're in the top 25% of the waitlist which is awesome because the waitlist could move enough for you to be offered a position

Found out today that I am in the top 10 for the waitlist. I'm guessing this includes North Dakotans, Minnesotans, and WICHE?

Reactions: 3 users
Found out today that I am in the top 10 for the waitlist. I'm guessing this includes North Dakotans, Minnesotans, and WICHE?
I believe so, I am a WICHE applicant and am #1 on the waitlist. First loser!

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone know generally how many are taken from the wait list each year? I know that's highly variable but it would be nice to sort of have an idea. Also will they continue to update us on our spot as people get called off the list?

Anyone know generally how many are taken from the wait list each year? I know that's highly variable but it would be nice to sort of have an idea. Also will they continue to update us on our spot as people get called off the list?
From what I've heard it varies each year and depending on which list you are on. Back in 06-07 the MN/WICHE list would go into the 20s and I believe the ND list would get into the teens. This year they cut 8 spots from their accepting class and the spots were cut proportionally. So the waitlist might decrease some I would believe.

For those of you who have been accepted, has anyone received any information from the school yet about anything? Financial aid, classes, start date - anything?

For those of you who have been accepted, has anyone received any information from the school yet about anything? Financial aid, classes, start date - anything?
Just received an email today stating my portal is complete. Still waiting on that financial aid letter though lol

Just received the email with my updated waitlist position. #6 on the MNWICHE list.

Has anyone been able to get into the facebook group? I requested to join it a few weeks ago but haven’t been added. I’m hoping to find roommates soon!
+1. I have been waiting to be added as well. Literally have been debating creating my own group and posting it here so we can figure out rooming situations sooner rather than later.

+1. I have been waiting to be added as well. Literally have been debating creating my own group and posting it here so we can figure out rooming situations sooner rather than later.
I do not think the facebook page is legit. It was created on Nov 8 when acceptance started in Dec.

Anyone else got the financial aid email? It seems to imply there's a scholarship form that needs to be submitted before deadline.