2019-2020 Postdoc Interview Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Akron Children’s Hospital
Pediatric track
Rejection by email

Staying sane: looks like it’s time for Christmas prince 2

Their loss <3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
DENVER VA!!!

Eastern Colorado VA Health Care System
PTSD-Trauma Track
Interview invite by individual email
January 18th and February 4th

Who says I'm staying sane?!?

Reactions: 5 users
Submitted my first app last night and noticed today that I had a formatting error for a few recommendations in a report :smack:. Hope this doesn't count against me! Good luck to everyone!
I realized after submitting like three of mine that because I uploaded stuff as Word docs instead of PDFs, it super screwed up the formatting...AND I got an interview at at least one of the sites, so I think people are understanding.

It's definitely starting! It's nice to see some familiar avatars :) Sending good vibes to everyone!

Site name: Colorado Children's Hospital
Track (if applicable): TRUE Center
Invite or rejection: Invite!
Date notified: 12/17/18
How notified (mass email, personal email, phone): personal email
Interview date: asked to rank preferences for 01/08, 01/10, 01/15, or 01/17

Site name: Children's Mercy Kansas City
Track (if applicable): General Clinical Child/Pediatric
Invite or rejection: Invite!
Date notified: 12/19/18
How notified (mass email, personal email, phone): phone
Interview date: 01/22
Hey, I'm interviewing for TRUE also, as well as Peds - maybe see you there!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone apply to Stanford adult pain track and heard anything? They sent rejections to regular adult track so I’m wondering...

Anyone applies to Stanford adult pain track and heard anything? They sent rejections to regular adult track so I’m wondering...

I applied to the child track. I haven't heard anything.

Anyone apply to Stanford adult pain track and heard anything? They sent rejections to regular adult track so I’m wondering...

I applied to the child track, and I haven't heard anything... I always get so nervous thinking about whether rejections go out first before invites, and if it is better to not have heard anything yet, or if it's just an impending rejection... ahhhh thought we were done with this process already! lol

Site: Sierra Pacific MIRECC (VA Palo Alto w/ Stanford)
Track: None (Research & Trauma Position)
Date: 12/18/2018
Invite for 1/16/2019 via Email

Site: Long Beach VA
Track: Neuropsychology
Rejection via Email on 12/20/2018

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
Hospital Track
12/20/2018
Invite! via email
Staying Sane: well i'm feeling pretty good tonight so hello Mrs. Maisel

Letters of rec are (EFFING FINALLY) in, the CAS is all filled out, my cover letters and CV are good to go.....

....and I can't hit the submit button.

giphy.gif

University of Virginia School of Medicine (Behavioral Medicine track)
12/20/2018
Interview invite via email
Staying Sane: half marathon training and craft beer

Reactions: 6 users
Long-time lurker, first-time poster! :)

Stanford University School of Medicine (Clinical Child Track)
12/20/2018
Invite for 1/28 via e-mail!! (so glad after a rejection the other day)
Staying sane: Cuddles with cats, wine.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13 users

12/20/2018
love your online name

Reactions: 1 users
Stanford University School of Medicine
Adult Behavioral Medicine/Pain Track
Invite by email!

Members don't see this ad :)

12/20/2018

Congratulations! guess i will just wait for the rejection then :(
C

-Site name: Stanford University School of Medicine !
-Track (if applicable): General Adult Track
-Invite or rejection: Invite
-Date notified: 12/18
-How notified (mass email, personal email, phone): mass email
-Interview date: 1/14, 1/25, or 2/1

Omg congrats! I picked 2/1 for pain psychology but waiting on hearing back for the confirmation lol so nervous until they actually reply back about the date I picked

Omg congrats! I picked 2/1 for pain psychology but waiting on hearing back for the confirmation lol so nervous until they actually reply back about the date I picked

Same! Waiting anxiously to hear back with confirmation! I'm thinking maybe today considering that the email noted that the admin staff will be out on holiday from Dec 24 to Jan 6!?

-VA North Texas Health Care System (Dallas)
-Health/Rehab
-Invite
-12/21
-Personal email
-January 31: 1pm-4pm
February 5: 9am-12pm
February 7: 1pm-4pm
February 12: 9am-12pm
-Coping with my dogs!

-Kansas Medical Center (KUMC)
-NeuroRehab
-12/21
-Personal email
-2/11
-DOGS

Oh man. This makes me so nervous that Stanford already sent everything for all tracks.

-Health/Rehab
-Invite
-12/21
-Personal email
-Coping with my dogs!

-NeuroRehab
-12/21
-Personal email
-2/11
-DOGS

I applied to north Texas too but I haven’t heard anything yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two of my apps have been submitted for approximately 22 hours, the third and final for about 14 minutes.

Meanwhile, I'm over here refreshing email like
giphy.gif

Stanford folks - did anyone get a confirmation of your interview date today? I was also hoping they'd reply back today given that they gave us such a strict deadline, and I was asking about interviewing remotely, so I was extra hoping to know if that was feasible!

Reactions: 1 user
Stanford folks - did anyone get a confirmation of your interview date today? I was also hoping they'd reply back today given that they gave us such a strict deadline, and I was asking about interviewing remotely, so I was extra hoping to know if that was feasible!

yes i heard back a couple of hours ago by email!

So I was originally gonna apply to Stanford but ultimately decided not to since I'm not really interested in moving out west, and now I'm kinda bummed I didn't - sounds like I could've met/worked with some awesome members of the fam! Good luck to you all!! :)

Johns Hopkins
Department of neuropsych/ rehabilitation
Neuropsychology postdoc
Invite for onsite interview via email from director of training
Dates: 1/11/19 or 1/14/19
Coping with post doc stress by eating ice cream straight from the container.

Me Too! I thought they were going to get back to us today with our interview time, but no luck...

Long Beach VA
Invite
12/20
Neuropsychology Fellowship
Onsite interview - email from training director
Dates: 1/2, 1/7, 1/8, & 1/9 - will do phone/ skype interviews

Coping with stress by prepping for the new season of Game of thrones by rewatching - All. Of. Them.

Reactions: 2 users
Dang - I assume that means I'm being too difficult for them to decide immediately. Thanks for letting me know!

I haven't received confirmation about my acceptance to interview for Stanford (child clinical), but I wasn't given a choice of interview dates, so maybe that's why? There's definitely a part of me that's worried that I suddenly forgot how to e-mail and missed the response deadline...but that's just my anxiety monster talking...

Well folks I would guess that’s about it until after new year
Happy holidays!

Reactions: 3 users
I haven't received confirmation about my acceptance to interview for Stanford (child clinical), but I wasn't given a choice of interview dates, so maybe that's why? There's definitely a part of me that's worried that I suddenly forgot how to e-mail and missed the response deadline...but that's just my anxiety monster talking...
You and me both! I definitely checked my Sent folder yesterday evening. You know, just in case.

I’m still waiting for them to confirm the date they had me pick from! Did you get a response yet? I picked feb 1st lol I just want a dang confirmation that I’m set to go!

Happy Holidays everyone! Hope you all get some quality time with your loved ones and get some break time away from this whole process!!

-Health/Rehab
-Invite
-12/21
-Personal email
-Coping with my dogs!

-NeuroRehab
-12/21
-Personal email
-2/11
-DOGS
Are those beags???? I have two of my own. Yours are adorable in their coats!

Ho ho ho! List updated after taking a few days off. Thank you for your patience, everyone!

I got an email from another site within the same consortium encouraging me to look at their website as they saw my application for the original site I applied to. Now I'm wondering how the heck do I write this new cover letter to apply for this site...and am worried that every other site that chooses to peruse applications in the network realizes I said each of their sites were specifically"ideal" for my future training and has large chunks of the same letter....:rolleyes::angelic::D

I got an email from another site within the same consortium encouraging me to look at their website as they saw my application for the original site I applied to. Now I'm wondering how the heck do I write this new cover letter to apply for this site...and am worried that every other site that chooses to peruse applications in the network realizes I said each of their sites were specifically"ideal" for my future training and has large chunks of the same letter....:rolleyes::angelic::D

I'm sure they understand that's how it's done! I would think that as long as you're discussing how aspects of the different tracks will still get you to meeting your goals, you'll be fine. Also, congrats! That must mean they were pretty interested in your application. =)

Has anyone heard from the Stanford University Medical School Autism Track? Seems like a few other tracks have gone out but wasn't sure if anyone received anything for this track!

Has anyone heard from the Stanford University Medical School Autism Track? Seems like a few other tracks have gone out but wasn't sure if anyone received anything for this track!

I'm not waiting on that one, but I have not heard either way from the DBT track.

I'm not waiting on that one, but I have not heard either way from the DBT track.

In an e-mail for another track for Stanford Medical School, the coordinator stated that their office will be closed from 12/24 until 1/7, so you'll probably hear after then.

In an e-mail for another track for Stanford Medical School, the coordinator stated that their office will be closed from 12/24 until 1/7, so you'll probably hear after then.

Thanks for the heads up! I'm not imagining it's good news in any case.

I'm sure they understand that's how it's done! I would think that as long as you're discussing how aspects of the different tracks will still get you to meeting your goals, you'll be fine. Also, congrats! That must mean they were pretty interested in your application. =)

Thank you! Of course, my anxiety got to me and then I immediately thought...what if my app got passed around because the original site thought my assessment report sucked and no one is interviewing me!?

Btw, for all you Stanford folks, if you come by the Bay Area drop me a line! Would love to meet up on a weekend for anyone visiting and staying around.

Reactions: 2 users
Me Too! I thought they were going to get back to us today with our interview time, but no luck...
I know, the dates are coming up and I have to buy plane tickets. I hope they responds soon, but I am feeling like it may not be until after the 1st.

Thank you! Of course, my anxiety got to me and then I immediately thought...what if my app got passed around because the original site thought my assessment report sucked and no one is interviewing me!?

Btw, for all you Stanford folks, if you come by the Bay Area drop me a line! Would love to meet up on a weekend for anyone visiting and staying around.

I’ll be there the weekend of feb 1st interviewing! Are you from around that area?