Navy 2019 4-Year HPSP Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone hear anything back from January boards??
Nope, not yet. It feels like the days leading up to Dec. 1st.... Anxious & Scared at the same time.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I was selected! 4 yr NAVY HPSP!!! Got the call on Friday. I missed it and didn't check my voice mail until this morning. Call your recruiters results and selections are out!

Reactions: 3 users
I was selected! 4 yr NAVY HPSP!!! Got the call on Friday. I missed it and didn't check my voice mail until this morning. Call your recruiters results and selections are out!
Wow congratz! You deserved it man.

I am still completely in the dark (no news or updates. dont even know where's my kit @_@). Hopefully I can hear some good news next month.

edit: cant reach my recruiter. anyone with any updates as to how many are left?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just heard back from my recruiter that I got 4 year hpsp Navy scholarship! Feeling very fortunate right now!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Got the hpsp 4 year Navy scholarship! I couldn't be happier and I feel super blessed.

Good luck to all of you who are hoping to hear some good news soon!

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats to everyone! Do you guys by chance know how many are left??

Congrats to everyone! Do you guys by chance know how many are left??
No... I can see if my recruiter would know but I have a feeling he won't. He said that he submitted 8 applicants to the board and all 8 were given the scholarship.

oh my... that's a lot of people from one recruiter! I really hope there is some left...

Are you in a region with lots of people? Like NorCal or SoCal or NYU etc.

Last edited:
oh my... that's a lot of people from one recruiter! I really hope there is some left...

Are you in a region with lots of people? Like NorCal or SoCal or NYU etc.
No I'm actually in Utah but I think that my recruiter covers Idaho, and Denver area as well.

For the people who have gone to boards already, were your work and personal references ever contacted?

Members don't see this ad :)
Chief Hall for the win!
We must have the same recruiter because I'm also from Utah!
No I'm actually in Utah but I think that my recruiter covers Idaho, and Denver area as well.
Ey all you Utahns, I'm with Chief Hall too! Frankly I'm behind the ball. Partly me being busy and partly I haven't had the best luck getting Chief Hall to reply. Mostly me, I'm sure. A couple questions for any of you who have been through the process with Hall: (1) do we really submit all this paperwork, including letters from every employer over the past 3 years/character references? I applied to another branch and it was waaay less paperwork so I wanna know from someone who has done it. (2) You've all had some great luck here. Any tips on the process or just the best way to work with Chief Hall? In person, e-mail, phone? What worked for you all?

Ey all you Utahns, I'm with Chief Hall too! Frankly I'm behind the ball. Partly me being busy and partly I haven't had the best luck getting Chief Hall to reply. Mostly me, I'm sure. A couple questions for any of you who have been through the process with Hall: (1) do we really submit all this paperwork, including letters from every employer over the past 3 years/character references? I applied to another branch and it was waaay less paperwork so I wanna know from someone who has done it. (2) You've all had some great luck here. Any tips on the process or just the best way to work with Chief Hall? In person, e-mail, phone? What worked for you all?

I had some of the same frustrations getting ahold of him. Just keep being persistent, while also understanding of the amount of work he has to do. I ended up visiting his office in Midvale and he appreciated that gesture.

As for paperwork, yes it's a lot...but it was well worth my time investment and hassle.

Good luck

I ended up visiting his office in Midvale and he appreciated that gesture.
Oh I agree it's worth it. I just needed to be sure I'm working on the right things!

I have a Sandy office address. What's the Midvale address? Or is that Sandy location what you meant?

Last edited:
It's the same with my recruiter too. Hard to get a hold of.

Oh I agree it's worth it. I just needed to be sure I'm working on the right things!

I have a Sandy office address. What's the Midvale address? Or is that Sandy location what you meant?
Ya ya. Sandy.

I think that he usually will only meet with you if he is going to be down for some other reason. Otherwise you may have to go up to sandy (his office is next to the Real Salt Lake stadium) to meet with him. I had to do that on some occasions as well...

Looks like I am going to March boards since my application was not complete by Feb 4th. I can't believe this since I started everything in Feb 2014. Beyond frustrated at this point.

Looks like I am going to March boards since my application was not complete by Feb 4th. I can't believe this since I started everything in Feb 2014. Beyond frustrated at this point.
wow : (
If that's the case, I will be boarding in march too >_>

Congrats 8th! I'm in your UNLV class and am still waiting on my NAVY HPSP app results! Feeling happy for you, hope I can get a little of your good luck :)

That's weird, my processor was adamant that I would make the Feb board.

I wish they could just agree on everything

Congrats 8th! I'm in your UNLV class and am still waiting on my NAVY HPSP app results! Feeling happy for you, hope I can get a little of your good luck :)
AWESOME! I hope you get it! We can be Navy buddies. Be sure to join the Facebook group for UNLV 2019.

Hello everyone, congrats on your acceptances! I was told by my recruiter that everyone on the March board (my board and last one apparently) is basically competing to be an alternate since all the scholarships have been given out. Have any of you heard this from your recruiter?

Are the scholarships already gone NOW or will be gone by March? (as in feb board is dunce too?)
I haven't heard of anything at all from my recruiter. I love how transparent he has been about all this /s.
The scholarships have always been gone by March, I guess the pre-boards this year gobbered up all the scholarships early too.

4-years are probably gone, maybe shoot for a 3-year?

I am sure all the 3 year ones are gone before the 4 year ones because current dental students applied for those and they very limited.

I was under the impression that there were about 12 scholarships left for the February board please say that wasn't a lie :shrug:

My recruiter keeps saying he is very sure that "I will be fine" even though I am going to March boards. -_- I don't know who/what to believe anymore. This process has been 10x more stressful and frustrating than applying and getting accepted to dental school for me. And it is even more frustating, because it seemed like a breeze for other people I know (who had different recruiters).

I was just speaking with my recruiter, and was notified that the last boards to receive a scholarship will be at the end of February. Take that with a grain of salt. But I just wanted to let you guys know that the Feb. is when you want to get it in if possible.

Thank you 8th for asking your recruiter for us. That's really cool of you, man.

i talked to my recruiter on tuesday and he said there are still "plenty of scholarships available..." and told me that i would hear back by the end of the week so hopefully i'll hear some good news tomorrow (fingers crossed). He said "I will be very surprised if you don't get it." ......but if there really are 12 scholarships left my chances are much lower than i thought... :/

i talked to my recruiter on tuesday and he said there are still "plenty of scholarships available..." and told me that i would hear back by the end of the week so hopefully i'll hear some good news tomorrow (fingers crossed). He said "I will be very surprised if you don't get it." ......but if there really are 12 scholarships left my chances are much lower than i thought... :/
What region are you located??

Has anyone actually commissioned yet? My recruiter found out that I was selected back in January, but he says he's still waiting on the "final select paperwork"- whatever that means :shrug:

Has anyone actually commissioned yet? My recruiter found out that I was selected back in January, but he says he's still waiting on the "final select paperwork"- whatever that means :shrug:

Have you received a final select letter? If you haven't I believe this means that you are a professionally recommended candidate who is now awaiting final selection. Took me about 2 months to get my final select letter after being pro-rec at the board. Just be patient and keep in contact with your recruiter.

I have a quick question. Could I accept HPSP as well as another outside merit based scholarship?

I have a quick question. Could I accept HPSP as well as another outside merit based scholarship?
I did. I took a $5k scholarship at Marquette along with HPSP. So long as you don't have any other commitment, I don't see it as a problem.

The school I'll be attending said that it would be one or the other. Since HPSP pays full tuition they wouldn't just allow me to pocket such a large amount of money when they could give it to other students in need :eyebrow::unsure:

Last edited:

As I understand it, you can as long as it doesn't require an obligation that interferes with that of the HPSP.

Received my final select letter today!

Anyone in the Southern California or Los Angeles area? Who is the Navy recruiter down there?

Is it too late to begin the process? I'll be starting dental school in the fall.

Anyone hear from the February boards?

Congrats to those not only accepted to dental school but those who recieved the scholarship! I am reaching out in high hopes someone will extend a favor. I was recently accepted to dental school, otherwise I would have started this process earlier. Didn't want to jinx myself. I met with a recruiter who said we had ample time, however thanks to this thread I found out and told him the last board is in march. He then responded days later and said we don't have enough time and now won't respond to me. I believe I do have enough time... I have all my paperwork done (medical forms, application, statement), all LOR ready to go and people willing to interview me. I am reaching out hoping anyone would extend their recruiters name and contact info. Thank you to any kind person willing to extend a favor! I have put in a lot of time, just like all of you have, and hoping it wasn't for nothing