2019 Non-Trad Applicants Progress Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Nice, but it seems these schools that favor military only do so if you're not from TX, lol. Meanwhile, I've gotten more love from TX schools in the form of another II, so guess I can't complain about it :D

Yeah but I think that’s a yield protection thing since tx residents are much more likely to go to a Texas school.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
how are all you of feeling about tomorrow? i don't qualify to hear any decisions tomorrow but best of luck to those of you who do

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I should not hear from EVMS or ETSU for at least 2 more weeks . Still nervous , of course . I do have a feeling that I will get some rejections tomorrow

I should not hear from EVMS or ETSU for at least 2 more weeks . Still nervous , of course . I do have a feeling that I will get some rejections tomorrow

Maybe. They can send rejections prior to Oct 15, so it's not like they're waiting until then to let you know.

my only really early II was from Tulane but they move so fast in the cycle. the earliest day was 4 months out, its my first II but last interview that i have scheduled so far

my only really early II was from Tulane but they move so fast in the cycle. the earliest day was 4 months out, its my first II but last interview that i have scheduled so far
Yeah ... exactly . So I am really not expecting anything good tomorrow, but I do think that I will have some more rejections this week

Yeah ... exactly . So I am really not expecting anything good tomorrow, but I do think that I will have some more rejections this week

3 II 3 H and 3 R is a pretty good cyle so far. plenty of people on SDN would kill for 3 II

3 II 3 H and 3 R is a pretty good cyle so far. plenty of people on SDN would kill for 3 II
Oh , I am grateful !!! Trust me , I am very grateful . With my average scores and average grades (511 , 3.65, ORM) I was told that I shouldn’t expect anything till thanksgiving . I am still waiting from about 20 schools - dead silence .

I just had two dreams about today haha. In one it just kept getting later and everyone else was getting calls but me, and in the other they called and I answered but I couldn’t speak and they just moved on to someone else haha. What the hell.

Reactions: 1 users
I just had two dreams about today haha. In one it just kept getting later and everyone else was getting calls but me, and in the other they called and I answered but I couldn’t speak and they just moved on to someone else haha. What the hell.
Damn ..... this is definitely you stressed out .
So , do they actually CALL (with acceptance) or just email ?

Members don't see this ad :)
I hope my fellow non-trads got good news today on traffic day! I got an acceptance to USUHS and couldn't be more excited!

Reactions: 5 users
I hope my fellow non-trads got good news today on traffic day! I got an acceptance to USUHS and couldn't be more excited!
Congratulations!!!!!
I haven’t heard anything , but my interviews were last week - Tuesday in ETSU and Wednesday in EVMS and I probably won’t here till the end of next week at the least .

WHOOP WHOOP! With 5 other II's is USU at the top of your list or are you hoping for another school?
I have one school higher, but they were my massive Hail Mary reach. I think they interviewed me by mistake lol

What branch are you guys?
Dr. Saguil didn't tell me, but I am assuming with my 8 years in the Navy and that being my number one choice, I was selected Navy. Any news on you?!?! I know from last years thread he is calling for the next few days!

I have one school higher, but they were my massive Hail Mary reach. I think they interviewed me by mistake lol
Doubtful! I am sure you are a stellar candidate. Congrats and fingers crossed you get what you want

Dr. Saguil didn't tell me, but I am assuming with my 8 years in the Navy and that being my number one choice, I was selected Navy. Any news on you?!?! I know from last years thread he is calling for the next few days!

Nope. They haven't gotten to my app yet I think. The wait continues! Just being patient.

Hopefully I'll see you at ODS (unless you are prior commissioned).

Last edited:
Nope. They haven't gotten to my app yet I think. The wait continues! Just being patient.

Hopefully I'll see you at ODS (unless you are prior commissioned).

I was a prior SWO, so no ODS for me, but definitely at orientation!

You guys are making me nervous and I'm several cycles away from applying. Wishing you all the success that you've earned!

Reactions: 3 users
Well it is too early for you to be nervous . Focus on getting all ducks in a row

I was just remarking about being nervous for you all. You can sense the anticipation and nerves in the thread. I'm way too far out from applying to actually be nervous, lol! Just being supportive.

Just jumping in here. I've seen a bunch of you on other threads. I've had five interviews so far, with four acceptances and one I find out about next week. Very non-trad, vet. Thanks for the great insights here and on other threads, everyone!

Reactions: 6 users
Just jumping in here. I've seen a bunch of you on other threads. I've had five interviews so far, with four acceptances and one I find out about next week. Very non-trad, vet. Thanks for the great insights here and on other threads, everyone!
That is awesome! Congrats! You are killing it this cycle! Glad to see some of us non-trads thriving!

Reactions: 3 users
rough week with 3 R so trying to keep my head up and two of them my top choices, unfortunately. have heard back from 12 schools so far ... 4 II/ 2 H/6R (30 schools left to hear from and yes I completed 42 secondaries) so trying to tell myself my I am doing good this cycle despite the rough week

rough week with 3 R so trying to keep my head up and two of them my top choices, unfortunately. have heard back from 12 schools so far ... 4 II/ 2 H/6R (30 schools left to hear from and yes I completed 42 secondaries) so trying to tell myself my I am doing good this cycle despite the rough week
4 II is great! 6 Rs seems like a lot if you don't look at the big picture. 6 Rs out of 42 schools is a great ratio. Hang in there!

With a work ethic like that, it is bound to show in your applications and the schools that value that will pick up on it immediately. You will end up at the right school for you and that is what matters. All you need is one acceptance and you are statistically ahead of the game at this point with 4 II's, so take the time to reassure yourself that you are getting in somewhere!

I know how you feel. I have 3 IIs, 3 holds, and 5 rejections, and I still have to hear from 21 schools. Some of the rejections are from the schools that I was very much invested in. It sucks. But think about it this way, you already have 4 IIs, and i am sure some of them, - maybe all, - might turn into acceptances soon. I used to be upset to, and then i talked to a lot of people, and turned out it is not very common to have this many IIs this early in the cycle. A lot of people get their first IIs closer to December, or even later. So you are actually doing REALLY well.

I appreciate all the support! This application cycle is a roller coaster of emotions!

Reactions: 5 users
I appreciate all the support! This application cycle is a roller coaster of emotions!

You said it! I used to love the weekends, but now weekends are just days I can’t hear anything from my schools lol.

(I still love the weekends lol.)

A lot of people get their first IIs closer to December, or even later. So you are actually doing REALLY well.

I’m curious your info source. SDN and Reddit would have us believe that if you don’t have at least 1 II by Thanksgiving you’re not doing well at all. As an applicant with 0 II at this point I would love to hear a different (supported) perspective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk