2020-2021 Missouri, Kansas City

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone hear anything today?!
Just the sound of silence.

Members don't see this ad.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Do you know how many people are in state vs OOS in your class? For OOS, I'm curious as to which states they're from. Thank you

Yes! I believe we had 2 OOS and both were from bordering states (bordering states being Kansas, Illinois, Nebraska, and Arkansas). I think they mainly prefer people from bordering states because of the short time turn around for when school starts. It'll be interesting to see if this changes with the addition of new spots following the expansion to Mosaic in St. Joseph.

Reactions: 1 user
Is it worth applying this late in the cycle? I just found out they also give preference to Oklahoma students.

Is it worth applying this late in the cycle? I just found out they also give preference to Oklahoma students.
There's something about considering later applications after ones that were turned in on time on their admissions page I think.

There's something about considering later applications after ones that were turned in on time on their admissions page I think.
Checked it out and it seems like they don’t consider anyone that starts the process after sep 1 so definitely tooo late lol best of luck to you all

I don't know if no news is good news at this point.. Has anyone heard anything?!

Members don't see this ad :)
I feel like at this point, the admission committee can look at these sdn threads and know for sure who the people that are most looking forward to going to the school are.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
I feel like at this point, the admission committee can look at these sdn threads and know for sure who the people that are most looking forward to going to the school are.
Right? I mean the three of us are really looking forward to hearing ANYTHING from them!!!!!

I will ask around and get you guys any news I can, but usually, they are really quiet about it. COVID must have really busted the process this year. Head high though, we will get moving here!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
I will ask around and get you guys any news I can, but usually, they are really quiet about it. COVID must have really busted the process this year. Head high though, we will get moving here!
Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

i think its still fine bc either way, they have to set up a class for january. so that means even if interviews are later, getting back to the people interviewed with answers is going to have to be at the same timeline bc this school literally starts in a few months

Interview Waitlist :(

+1. what does this mean from years passed?
Are you OOS? I am, technically. I legit live a block from the state line in Kansas. Maybe its for qualified but OOS? I also graduated Summa from UMKC so I can't imagine another reason lol

Last edited:
Rejected, OOS ( not bordering state),but good luck to all of you! Remember, just because some schools will reject you, it doesn’t mean you won’t get in somewhere else, so keep your head up!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
II. From Wisconsin so actually very surprised I got one (I applied not knowing how little OOS non bordering states got in). Having the interview in a little over a week is a very quick turnaround haha

II. From Wisconsin so actually very surprised I got one (I applied not knowing how little OOS non bordering states got in). Having the interview in a little over a week is a very quick turnaround haha

Congrats :) Do you mind sharing stats?

Congrats to everyone who got an interview! You're going to do amazing. UMKC's interview process is very stress-free once you get past the usual interview butterflies.

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats to everyone who got an interview! You're going to do amazing. UMKC's interview process is very stress-free once you get past the usual interview butterflies.
Any specific tips you can give us applicants? (You don’t have to disclose the questions xD)

Any specific tips you can give us applicants? (You don’t have to disclose the questions xD)
Stay calm. It is a relaxed interview day, and you want to feel relaxed. You are all on the same team. ADCOMs want people who will be successful in school. They are on your team, not against you.

no way really? is the waitlist that fast ? wait did you apply this year or last year?

Yes. I don't know how their interview waitlist works, but, considering that classes start in January, they are moving faster in their admissions than many other schools.
I applied this year.

Yes. I don't know how their interview waitlist works, but, considering that classes start in January, they are moving faster in their admissions than many other schools.
I applied this year.
congratulations! thank you for sharing with us. Hopefully maybe more people will get off the II WL. Best of luck

Hey guys! So I have a question following the interview info. Are they opening the St. Joseph campus this coming year? And are students from THIS application cycle able to start? I feel like information was a little confusing.

Hey guys! So I have a question following the interview info. Are they opening the St. Joseph campus this coming year? And are students from THIS application cycle able to start? I feel like information was a little confusing.
I think students from this application cycle are able to start the program

Keep your heads up guys! Should be hearing soon!