Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Have any of the programs reached out Post interviews and sent out intended to rank highly letters?
Yes. Phone calls too.
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Have any of the programs reached out Post interviews and sent out intended to rank highly letters?
Some places called you?Yes. Phone calls too.
Have any of the programs reached out Post interviews and sent out intended to rank highly letters?
Have any of the programs reached out Post interviews and sent out intended to rank highly letters?
just email stating you would fit in well here, but nothing regarding rankingHave any of the programs reached out Post interviews and sent out intended to rank highly letters?
How are you able to see this?Correct me if I am wrong, are the programs "not participating" on eras the programs that filled internally? Thx.
michigan
Vanderbilt
UTSW
You sure you wanna move to baltimore or NYC right now? LOLOLMayo (rochester)
cornell
johns hopkins
I’m at a program in NYC and everything here is fine. Procedure load is good too. Lots of stuff got backed up during quarantine so we’ve got plenty to do.You sure you wanna move to baltimore or NYC right now? LOLOL
Also, how can procedure load be “good” when elective surgery volume is down so much in NYC?I’m at a program in NYC and everything here is fine. Procedure load is good too. Lots of stuff got backed up during quarantine so we’ve got plenty to do.
You sure you wanna move to baltimore or NYC right now? LOLOL
Oh ok! Good luck! I didnt know the pandemic will be over in 9 months!!! Thank God!!Now? Meh.... in 9 months, yes!
@Peterluger Let me get you up to speed. It’s an unwritten SDN law that trolling to this degree is to be kept in the pre-med forums. We get it-you don’t think people should want go to NYC for training. But alas, people do and will.
We all appreciate your concern. Enjoy your fellowship...in NYC.
lol bruh are you trying to convince people not to rank NYC programs so you can get in?Yeah i was asking a specific question though. Are they sure they want to MOVE to baltimore or nyc any time soon. 2 places to live right now which are becoming more unsafe every day
Elective surgery volume isn’t down though... if anything it seems even higher than pre-covid because of all the cases that stacked up during quarantine. Do you have evidence to back any of this up or are you just butt hurt that you didn’t match last year and trying to trash NYC programs? As far as the city being unsafe, I don’t know a single person who has felt unsafe living here.Also, how can procedure load be “good” when elective surgery volume is down so much in NYC?
the only person who sounds upset or “butthurt” is you. Im currently a fellow in the NY metropolitan area, and yes, volume is down. I know because I have a reference point from pre-covid. Ask any of the reps you work with regarding how many stims they’re selling. And just because your naive friends from the Midwest who thought it would be “fun” to move to NYC right now weren’t victims of crime, it doesn’t detract from the reality of the situation.Elective surgery volume isn’t down though... if anything it seems even higher than pre-covid because of all the cases that stacked up during quarantine. Do you have evidence to back any of this up or are you just butt hurt that you didn’t match last year and trying to trash NYC programs? As far as the city being unsafe, I don’t know a single person who has felt unsafe living here.
www.nydailynews.com
Lol “bruh” I’m actually a current fellow. But ok.lol bruh are you trying to convince people not to rank NYC programs so you can get in?
Lol “bruh” I’m actually a current fellow. But ok.
Sorry if i hurt your feelingsOh nice. what specialty?
Any thoughts on Cedars Sinai, UC Davis & UC Irvine?
Really liked Davis. I have Davis, Hopkins as one and 2 and trying to debate for the others.Any thoughts on Cedars Sinai, UC Davis & UC Irvine?
were you remotely impressed by UCI during the interview?
For what it’s worth, New England volume is down. ESI, MBBs, RFs etc continue, but definitely stims, pumps, advanced stuff is way down. Looking for pain jobs and it is rough. I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t disappointed, at the end of the day, if I can get a pain job ill be happy.For the dude/gal that said Michigan is in his/her top 3 don't do it. I had buddies that just graduated from that program. Were not big fans of it. Very little stim and pump exposure with lots of patient phone calls to deal with.
Also yea, I'd ignore Peterlugar. Don't know what his/her deal is, New York programs are fine. I have buddies that just finished from Cornell, Columbia, and Mount Sinai. Some minor impact with procedural volume but overall were happy with their training and had plenty of numbers even with COVID. Know someone at Cornell right now that is really liking it. It's not just NY. COVID is affecting procedural volume pretty much everywhere but you'll still get your numbers and you don't need a 1000 interlams etc. to be good. Best of luck guys.
Yeah clearly your responses aren't emotional🤣. Who's more butthurt, the guy that made two posts about his actual experiences, or the guy who didn't match who's made dozens of posts bashing NYC programs for no apparent reason. All I know is at my program the numbers are fine and are picking up if anything. I have plenty of advanced cases under my belt. Also most of the people I know here are from here not the midwest? Also, NYC was a relatively safe city to begin with per capita wise and crime is up all over the country so your statistics about crime being up don't hold any water unless compared per capita to other parts of the country...the only person who sounds upset or “butthurt” is you. Im currently a fellow in the NY metropolitan area, and yes, volume is down. I know because I have a reference point from pre-covid. Ask any of the reps you work with regarding how many stims they’re selling. And just because your naive friends from the Midwest who thought it would be “fun” to move to NYC right now weren’t victims of crime, it doesn’t detract from the reality of the situation.
There are some people who actually HAVE options in terms of fellowship and don’t have to go to Baltimore or NYC for fellowship. There are others who really don’t have that option. In either case, one can’t make haphazard decisions, especially based on emotional responses like what you gave them. People lie, data doesn’t.
![]()
NYC shooting incidents are nearly double this year compared to last year, NYPD stats show | CNN
New York City has had nearly double the amount of shooting incidents this year compared to this point last year, statistics from the NYPD show.www.cnn.com
![]()
NYC subway crime rate spikes while NYPD arrests plummet; MTA bigs say safety concerns hurt ridership
An alarming rise in subway crime rates could continue to hurt ridership during the COVID-19 pandemic, MTA officials said Monday. Data released by the NYPD over the weekend shows there were 110 major felonies reported in the subway system…www.nydailynews.com
Nothing hereHas anyone heard anything from Hopkins post interview communication wise?
top choice. haven't got a callWhat are people’s thoughts on Dartmouth ?
Dartmouth is a solid program. Know someone that enjoyed their experience there. They're one of the centers that's part of the Intercept study. UCI is also solid.What are people’s thoughts on Dartmouth ?
Yea unfortunately volume is down at most/all places cause of Ortho and Neurosurg (being your biggest referral base) having to shut down their elective procedures as well. It's all ramping back up though. In terms of jobs yea it is going to be a longer process this year to find one. If you're set on a certain location may be tougher. If you're flexible in terms of location there are still plenty of job openings. Just have to be more aggressive and pick up the phone and cold call practices if you're set on one location rather than relying on emails, postings, and recruiters.For what it’s worth, New England volume is down. ESI, MBBs, RFs etc continue, but definitely stims, pumps, advanced stuff is way down. Looking for pain jobs and it is rough. I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t disappointed, at the end of the day, if I can get a pain job ill be happy.
Thanks bro. Yea I'm not butt hurt whatsoever lol. Just finished fellowship and in my first pain job and loving it. Don't get the NYC bashing either. Wouldn't listen to that noise.Yeah clearly your responses aren't emotional🤣. Who's more butthurt, the guy that made two posts about his actual experiences, or the guy who didn't match who's made dozens of posts bashing NYC programs for no apparent reason. All I know is at my program the numbers are fine and are picking up if anything. I have plenty of advanced cases under my belt. Also most of the people I know here are from here not the midwest? Also, NYC was a relatively safe city to begin with per capita wise and crime is up all over the country so your statistics about crime being up don't hold any water unless compared per capita to other parts of the country...
Why you say UCI very solid? In terms of complex procedures seems like you only get average 15-20 under your belt?Dartmouth is a solid program. Know someone that enjoyed their experience there. They're one of the centers that's part of the Intercept study. UCI is also solid.
So in theory are the match results are pretty much in? we are just in a holding pattern for some unclear reason to me for two weeks?
So in theory are the match results are pretty much in? we are just in a holding pattern for some unclear reason to me for two weeks?
The match itself only takes 1 second to compile. You’d think they could send that out and follow up with the stats and data afterwards.. I think it’s just a power move more than anything.I think the two week period is because they compile all the data and create those match results statistics that they release at the same time.
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.