2020-2021 Postdoc Interview Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Site name: University of New Mexico Hospital
-Track (if applicable): Neuropsychology
-Invite or rejection: N/A
-Date notified: 1/20
-How notified (mass email, personal email, phone): mass email potentially
-Interview date: site will no longer be offering interviews, they were unable to secure funds.

Members don't see this ad.

Site name: Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
-Track (if applicable): Community
-Invite or rejection: Invite
-Date notified: 1/6/20
-How notified (mass email, personal email, phone): personal email
-Interview date: 1/29 and 2/5

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone hear anything from Philly VA - Neuro, Mount Sinai - Dept of Neurology, or Mount Sinai - Dept of Neuro/Rehab?

Last edited:
Did anyone interview at the Bedford VA for neuro? If so... do you know if they have made offers yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Anyone hear anything from Philly VA - Neuro, Mount Sinai - Dept of Neurology, or Mount Sinai - Dept of Neuro/Rehab?

I am stiill waiting on Philly VA and Connecticut VA for Neuro. I didn't apply to the Sinais, but I'm pretty sure a lab-mate got a rejection from them a little while ago

Anyone hear from Cambridge Health Alliance/Harvard Victims of Violence track? I saw someone heard back from a different track but it’s been radio silence for me

Members don't see this ad :)
I know someone that received an offer from Bedford for Neuropsych. Sorry. :(

Still waiting to hear from Patton Forensic and Kaiser West Bay. Ugh!

Eh it is what it is I’m 13 rejections deep at this point I have no feelings left!

• Okay...
Anyone hear from Cambridge Health Alliance/Harvard Victims of Violence track? I saw someone heard back from a different track but it’s been radio silence for me
I have not yet heard from CHA PCMHI/health either way. ‍♀️

Any word on any of the Child track positions through Brown? I know health psych and neuro applicants have heard but I haven't seen anything for other positions.

Reactions: 1 users
Got some official rejections today after emailing some programs

University of Colorado
Wisconsin Medical College
Houston VA

Not entirely surprising since other people had heard from them for interviews already but I was holding out hope that they might be doing rolling interviews lol.

If anyone is applying to AdventHealth in Orlando, they told me they are finishing up looking at applications and we should hear from them shortly.

UVA department of psychiatry told me that they will also be updating people soon, however, their current post doc is a friend who let me know they had already sent out their invitations, lol so im safely assuming that is another rejection.

All of these are for neuro.

Best of luck everyone.

-Site name: TIRR Memorial Hermann/Baylor College of Medicine
-Date notified: 1/21
-Interview date: at INS

Any word on any of the Child track positions through Brown? I know health psych and neuro applicants have heard but I haven't seen anything for other positions.

Still waiting! Tempted to reach out tomorrow...they're really pushing it!

-Site name: Penn Medicine/Lancaster General Health
-Invite or rejection: Rejection... womp womp

The TD also notified me that they have filled the position.

Has anyone heard from UAB (neuropsych) or Rush University Medical Center / Road Home program?

Has anyone heard from the early treatment program for neuropsych?

-Site name: Mount Sinai St. Luke's/West
-Track (if applicable): Addiction Institute at Mount Sinai (AIMS)
-Date notified: 1/7
-How notified (mass email, personal email, phone): Personal Email
-Interview date: Set up a day and time that worked out for both of us - 1/10

-Site name: Cognitive Therapy for Women Psychological Services
-Track (if applicable):
-Date notified: 1/16
-How notified (mass email, personal email, phone): Personal Email
-Interview date: 1/24

So I don't know what others have done, but Ill tell you what I did that seemed to help as I have a similar situation. I emailed all my sites a while ago asking each one if it wasn't already posted when they would be interviewing (the dates). This helped when I started to get interview offers because some sites interview dates conflicted with my top choices. I was also able to lump sites that were close during one trip which I wouldn't have known in advance. If you have limited funds it might be worth reaching out and prioritizing based on your personal rank list of sites.

Would it be okay to send a followup email to express how interested I am in the postdoc position and I was wondering what the status of my application is? I am too having hard time sitting here and not hearing from places I applied to! Any thoughts would be so appreciated :)

Ive also been wondering. I sent an email today to inquire on the status of applications and when decisions may be finalized. I haven’t heard back yet but will post here if I do

What did you say in your email? I am thinking about sending emails out to sites I haven't heard back from you and inquire on the status of my application. AHHHH so nerve-racking.

Still waiting to hear from 5 sites, thinking about applying to 2 more, have 3 interviews thus far. Thinking about writing an email to check in with sites, uugghhh

-Site name: Rehabilitation Institute of Michigan
-Track (if applicable): Rehabilitation Neuropsychology
-Date notified: 1/22
-Interview date: 2/4 @ INS

-Site name: Kaiser West Bay Consortium - San Francisco
-Track (if applicable): Neuropsychology and General Adult
-Interview date: 2/5 & 2/12

-Site name: Cleveland VA
-Interview date: @ INS

Still waiting to hear from 5 sites, thinking about applying to 2 more, have 3 interviews thus far. Thinking about writing an email to check in with sites, uugghhh
I reached out to a bunch of sites that people had heard from here and sure enough they were rejections but it was nice to get confirmation. Sites werent bothered by the email. I think they understand

I reached out to a bunch of sites that people had heard from here and sure enough they were rejections but it was nice to get confirmation. Sites werent bothered by the email. I think they understand
What did you say in your email?!

What did you say in your email?!

"I hope I am not being rash by asking but I was wondering what the status of my fellowship application was. I am in the middle of scheduling interviews and travel plans and was wondering if a decision had been made regarding interviews. Thank you for your time. "

Reactions: 4 users
Colorado state university
Dbt/pcmhi
Personal email 1/22
Wait list
Sounds like they’re doing interviews mhmm by phone?

Bridgewater State Hospital
-Track (if applicable): Forensic
-Interview date: 2/10, 2/11 in person. They don't offer Skype or phone interviews

Central State Hospital
-Date notified: 1/2
-How notified (mass email, personal email, phone): phone call
-Interview date: 1/24

Netcare Forensic Center
-Invite or rejection: rejection
-Date notified: 1/17
-Interview date:

Reactions: 2 users
-Site name: Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
-Track (if applicable): Autism
-Interview date: weeks of 2/3 and 2/10

Reactions: 4 users
Got an email from VA Central Western Massachusetts saying that they filled their position (for neuro). Womp.

• Dislike
"I hope I am not being rash by asking but I was wondering what the status of my fellowship application was. I am in the middle of scheduling interviews and travel plans and was wondering if a decision had been made regarding interviews. Thank you for your time. "

I ended up using this for three follow up emails. I hope we both have good outcomes!

I ended up using this for three follow up emails. I hope we both have good outcomes!
Most of mine were rejections lol. But I expected as much since people had already heard back about interviews on here. I did get a couple sites letting me know they would be letting people know in the coming days so that was nice.

Has anyone been invited to the Children's National Hospital in Rockville, MD yet?? Specifically the autism track? I see that a people received rejections from their Peds Neuro track, but no one has received an invite yet as far as I can tell.

Most of mine were rejections lol. But I expected as much since people had already heard back about interviews on here. I did get a couple sites letting me know they would be letting people know in the coming days so that was nice.

Hopefully the remaining sites are positive responses!

I emailed because the three sites that I'm really waiting on haven't been posted on here and I can barely find info about them from previous years' threads.

Hopefully the remaining sites are positive responses!

I emailed because the three sites that I'm really waiting on haven't been posted on here and I can barely find info about them from previous years' threads.
Best of luck!! I'm hoping for the best for everyone here

-Site name: Kennedy Krieger Institute
-Track (if applicable): Autism
-Date notified: 12/18
-How notified (mass email, personal email, phone): Phone
-Interview date: 2/10 and 2/17

Just a side note about the notification date -- I submitted my application early on 12/10, when the due date for apps isn't until 1/31. They got back to me 3 days later via email wanting to schedule a phone screener. At the conclusion of that phone call, I was offered an in-person interview.

Thank you!! I’m sorry to hear about the rejections, what’s meant to be will be and where we get placed for postdoc is exactly where we’re supposed to be

How long did you wait till after applying to send that email?!